Greenville Technical College Employee Reviews in United States

Greenville Technical College Dental Community
Dental Hygiene Clinic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Barton Campus, Pleasantbur DrJuly 6, 2016
Instruct students, review inventory, pay bills, make appointments for patients, complete repairs, send and answer emails, create/change documents, advise incoming students. I am definitely in a management role at Greenville Tech by managing students, faculty and patients daily. The hardest parts of my job are helping a student understand a topic they can't grasp, writing up students for their behavior or professionalism, and dealing with disgruntled patients. There are many enjoyable parts of my job but I love seeing the light bulb go off in a student when they grasp a challenging concept or do a great job in clinic with their patient and also just being a part of all the students educational success and their helping patients attain great oral health.
Pros
Student success
Cons
Dealing with petty issues when there are more important things to be done.
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 24, 2016
Greenville Technical College is a great place to work. I feel appreciated and respected for the work I do. Although I am an Administrative Assistant, I feel that the work I do is valued and has a positive effect on faculty/staff as well as students.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Salary
Excellent center for technical education
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 17, 2016
Faculty are top notch and the education students receive is second to none. Student support services are dedicated to helping students succeed.
A job to utilize my analytical skills and attention to detail
Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 17, 2016
I would love a job that requires close attention to detail and balancing budgets with debits and credits. I love keeping things in order and entering pertinent data to help stay on top of monthly expenses and income.
Pros
Early Fridays
Bookstore Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 11, 2015
Very nice place to work. Not unreasonably demanding, but still provides unique challenges. The management is great - supportive and understanding, but still generates accountability with employees.
TOO Sweet!!!
Transition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, scOctober 13, 2015
GTC is accommodating to the employees needs, wants, and the ability to move forward. One may experience the college life through the students. Learning is top priority even for the staff and faculty.
Pros
Learning Opportunties
Cons
International Students
Nice School
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Student RecordsSeptember 8, 2015
I maintain a positive attitude in the midst of change and transition. Its a wonderful company to work for and the people are great. I really appreciate the hands on experience.
Professional, productive and rewarding place to teach
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 26, 2015
Professional, productive and rewarding place to teach. As an adjunct faculty member compensation/benefits as well as job security/advancement are truly non-existent. You work only if there are sufficient number of students to fill your class.
Pros
The people and the students
Cons
Not enough classes to teach as an adjunct
Great company to work for.
Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 10, 2015
I like the teamwork and effort by all. I enjoy working with parents and students. I have learned you have to be dedicated in what you do and be able to work with others.
Support Systems Technician
Support Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Barton Camus, Greenville, SCMay 25, 2015
Managers and Instructors are excellent to work for. I help insure that classroom computers are updated and ready for instruction. I also help troubleshoot printer and other peripheral devices as needed. I assist students with printing issues and tutoring.
Pros
Allows us to prioitize/utilize time management skills
Cons
part time position only
Fun place where I can assist future business leaders start their college journey
Cyber Café Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 7, 2015
The computer lab I work in is for current and future students. I spend %75 of my day helping students fill out the online forms for FAFSA and Stafford Student Loans.

I help register current students for their classes and do some personal advising about what a particular class entails.

I also provide tutoring in basic computer skills and do computer and printer maintenance when needed.
Established Community Coolege
Asistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 27, 2015
Good environment to work. Co-workers are very cooperative. There is room for growth but financial renumeration is very smalll compared to amount of work required.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Little salary growth
Great Employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 15, 2015
While attending college it was the perfect place to learn and work. I was able to work hours in order to correspond with my classes. And I was able to apply my knowledge when returning to my home city of Charleston, SC.
Pros
Great Employer
Enjoyable work environment
Department Head (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 15, 2015
GVL Tech is the area's largest community college and as such is filling the need or technical training and development of worker for today's workforce. On a daily basis, they help people that were laid off or out sourced, to get retrained and reengaged in the workforce.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to help people get reengaged in the workforce.
Pros
4.5 day work week
Cons
not much industry experience with some of the teaching professionals.
secretary
Secretary to Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 10, 2015
filing
typing letters
assist students with educational needs
run arrands for dean
A typical day at work
CUSTOMER SERVICE RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 16, 2014
A typical day at work included working with English student eager to work with English professors with writing assignments that were graded.
If it's not one thing its another.....
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 25, 2014
A typical day in my work atmosphere is dealing with rude and very irate students that have received parking tickets. I also scan and link decal registration cards for the ENTIRE campus (this includes satellite campuses as well). It doesn't help that I have a co-worker who does not do anything at all. She just sits there and nose in other people's business instead of getting her own work done. My day usually ends in a big headache and a immediate break for my car. So far I've learned that its just best to stick to your work and keep your nose out of any and everybody's business. My management is awesome since she isn't in the office half of the time. The hardest part of the job is dealing with coworkers and the most enjoyable part of the job is leaving after a long day.
Pros
i create my own schedule
Cons
cold room, constant drama, horrible co-workers, irate students
An excellent company to work in.
Adjunct Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 23, 2014
I love to work with friendly co-workers, the kind that I find in Greenville Technical college.
A typical day at work is busy, learn to improve yourself and your teaching through many sessions of professional development..
Management is willing to help anytime.

The hardest part of the job is that it is not easy too get a full-time position. There are too many adjunct Instructors. It is also not easy to get enough classes to teach.

The most enjoyable part is that everybody respect themselves and others too.
Pros
free professional development classes
Cons
not easy to convert to full time
Challening everyday
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 9, 2014
Typical day at work was I never new what that day would be. I had very challenging days with my boss. I worked with 4 monitors and one administrative person. The hardest part of my job was nothing was consistent.
Pros
i liked the hours
It was a very productive place to attend school.
Senior Project (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 13, 2014
I learned a great deal and met a lot of great people. Greenville Tech is an excellent school for those moving to a four year university or wanting an associate's degree.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greenville Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3