Greenville Technical College Employee Reviews

Inviting Work Environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 26, 2017
I worked as an adjunct instructor in the Academic Connections department. The department chair/academic program director and Dean were all very nice and great people to work with. I felt like I had to freedom to run my class how I wanted to within the restraints of academic integrity. I was always congratulated and never criticized. I was supported on every decision. Everyone was there to help you; never micro managed. Great work environment.
Pros
flexibility with my classes
Cons
limited to teach 3 classess as an adjunct.
State Employer
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 23, 2017
It is not GTC's fault that they are way behind the market in wages.
Highly compensated, weak leadership; highly devoted and talented faculty and staff, poor wage earnings.
Great place to work.
Lab Assistant for Personal Training Clinic (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 17, 2017
Overall, everything is great here. The job is not very difficult and pay is great. The opportunity for advancement is high here also. Based on your educational background, you can definitely move up.
Work Study Student Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 25, 2017
my job was productive and I enjoyed my work while i was their and I enjoyed taking care of my pt. the company was great and I absolutely loved the atmosphere that was with my patients.
Student Success is priority.
Administrative Specialist ll for Admissions (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 19, 2016
Greenville Technical College was an asset to my life. Just mainly

the golden rule is still the jewel. Treat others as you would have them

treat you.

There were many long and lasting friendships made in the eleven

and half years in which I was a college employee.

There were learning experiences that I will always remember.

Don't be afraid to take an initiative from time to time.
Pros
Holidays observed with pay.
Cons
When our Dean of Admissions took another position, I felt alone.
Stable work environment
Admn- Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 29, 2016
Stable work environment, very nice group of people but hard to advance. Collaboration is good, time off is nice, lots of interesting training
great place to work
Surgical Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 12, 2016
management is very helpful and are ready to help. The school has a comprehensive orientation program and ensures new employees are well versed in protocol and procedure.
Wonderful Place to Work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 1, 2016
This position was enjoyable and rewarding. Management was courteous and professional. I was there only a year on a contracted position but I considered it one of the best places that I have ever worked,
Pros
Professionalism, respect for co-workers, great wages
Cons
scattered hours
Intern
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 13, 2016
Worked on a student project for an unpaid internship my last semester at Greenville Technical College. It was an enjoyable and educational experience.
Greenville Technical College Dental Community
Dental Hygiene Clinic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Barton Campus, Pleasantbur DrJuly 6, 2016
Instruct students, review inventory, pay bills, make appointments for patients, complete repairs, send and answer emails, create/change documents, advise incoming students. I am definitely in a management role at Greenville Tech by managing students, faculty and patients daily. The hardest parts of my job are helping a student understand a topic they can't grasp, writing up students for their behavior or professionalism, and dealing with disgruntled patients. There are many enjoyable parts of my job but I love seeing the light bulb go off in a student when they grasp a challenging concept or do a great job in clinic with their patient and also just being a part of all the students educational success and their helping patients attain great oral health.
Pros
Student success
Cons
Dealing with petty issues when there are more important things to be done.
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 24, 2016
Greenville Technical College is a great place to work. I feel appreciated and respected for the work I do. Although I am an Administrative Assistant, I feel that the work I do is valued and has a positive effect on faculty/staff as well as students.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Salary
Excellent center for technical education
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 17, 2016
Faculty are top notch and the education students receive is second to none. Student support services are dedicated to helping students succeed.
A job to utilize my analytical skills and attention to detail
Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 17, 2016
I would love a job that requires close attention to detail and balancing budgets with debits and credits. I love keeping things in order and entering pertinent data to help stay on top of monthly expenses and income.
Pros
Early Fridays
Bookstore Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 11, 2015
Very nice place to work. Not unreasonably demanding, but still provides unique challenges. The management is great - supportive and understanding, but still generates accountability with employees.
TOO Sweet!!!
Transition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, scOctober 13, 2015
GTC is accommodating to the employees needs, wants, and the ability to move forward. One may experience the college life through the students. Learning is top priority even for the staff and faculty.
Pros
Learning Opportunties
Cons
International Students
Nice School
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Student RecordsSeptember 8, 2015
I maintain a positive attitude in the midst of change and transition. Its a wonderful company to work for and the people are great. I really appreciate the hands on experience.
Professional, productive and rewarding place to teach
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 26, 2015
Professional, productive and rewarding place to teach. As an adjunct faculty member compensation/benefits as well as job security/advancement are truly non-existent. You work only if there are sufficient number of students to fill your class.
Pros
The people and the students
Cons
Not enough classes to teach as an adjunct
Great company to work for.
Administrative Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 10, 2015
I like the teamwork and effort by all. I enjoy working with parents and students. I have learned you have to be dedicated in what you do and be able to work with others.
Support Systems Technician
Support Systems Technician (Current Employee) –  Barton Camus, Greenville, SCMay 25, 2015
Managers and Instructors are excellent to work for. I help insure that classroom computers are updated and ready for instruction. I also help troubleshoot printer and other peripheral devices as needed. I assist students with printing issues and tutoring.
Pros
Allows us to prioitize/utilize time management skills
Cons
part time position only
Fun place where I can assist future business leaders start their college journey
Cyber Café Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 7, 2015
The computer lab I work in is for current and future students. I spend %75 of my day helping students fill out the online forms for FAFSA and Stafford Student Loans.

I help register current students for their classes and do some personal advising about what a particular class entails.

I also provide tutoring in basic computer skills and do computer and printer maintenance when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greenville Technical College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3