Greenwich Hospital Employee Reviews

Good choice
Registar (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 24, 2017
Just an overall pleasant play to work with opportunities to advance. If you're a hard worker and a team player this is the place for you. All their facilities are very well kept
Emergency department fast pace . Be prepared to experience a high volume of patients
ADMITTING REGISTRAR OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJuly 12, 2017
Working in The Emergency Dept. was a great learning experience. Every patients that come in the emergency dept. experience a different type symptoms. Working at a healthcare facility, you have to be compassionate and be mindful of peoples feelings. Treat people with love and respect
Pros
good lunch discounts
Cons
not enough time for lunch
Exciting challenges at a regional hospital.
Central Processing Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJuly 8, 2017
I was employed for more than ten years as a medical assistant, and specialized in Central Processing Laboratory procedures. The day to day communication with doctors and other professionals to assure that patient needs were met was an exceptional experience. I left this position after I had my daughter, and chose to spend time at home.
Pros
Dynamic environment
Cons
When another regional hospital in the area closed, the word load increased. While this was good, from time to time before consolidation with Yake-New Haven, we were understaffed.
Pca
Dealy's Resident (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJune 19, 2017
Clean and safe environment to work in. Start work at 7am-3pm my day consists of caring for sick and elderly clients. Commuted over an hour to get here daily. Friendly environment
excellant working environment in nursing!
RN staff/PSICU (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTMay 31, 2017
Well staffed units. Management supportive. Enjoyable Hospital to work for. Friendly staff. Work assignments appropriate. Great benefits. Various nursing opportunites to choose from and get involved in.
Pros
friendly work environment. Good pay, well staffed
mediocre
Linen Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTMay 15, 2017
i started working there when i was 18, i got the hang of the job pretty quickly. long story short i was given the supervisor position for 3 months and every week was something different as to when they were gonna make it official. i go on vacation and when i come back there a new supervisor who took my position .
Pros
Cons
Horrible Management
Friendly, respectful, organized
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTMay 10, 2017
Great company to work for - i highly recommend it. My experience working here is a memorable one. I have learned and been able to support to the best of my ability patients and clients.
Overall a good place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTApril 25, 2017
The CEO and Management all seem nice.

Lots of people here for many years - longevity.

Benefits need improvement. Especially since owned by Yale New Haven. I expected more from such a large organization.
Challenging and rewarding work environment.
MEDICAL SECRETORY/TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTApril 15, 2017
I found Greenwich Hospital a challenging and rewarding environment in which I was involved with patient care. My typical day involved medical transcription for the Pathologists and PA's. It also involved direct contact with the patient's and their families. The hardest part of my job was having to console the patient's and their families at such a difficult time in their lives. At the same time it was very rewarding to give the patient's help and hope!

It was an honor to be employed at Greenwich Hospital as they consider patient care and satisfaction their main priority.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
The only con is that my position was out sourced.
great place to work
Per Diem Float Pool Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTMarch 28, 2017
Always looking forward to coming to work. My manager in the Float Pool in AWESOME! Sups and Managers for with you to help you grow. Like any company, there are little things that are imperfect but those outweigh the GOOD. One of the GOOD things is you do not feel judged here when minor mistakes occur. Everyone strives for continued education.
Pros
Progressive Magnet Hospital
Cons
Some disorganizations which may be typical every place you go
Supportive learning environment with excellent staff
Nurse Clinician - Surgical/Orthopedic Unit (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTNovember 14, 2016
Working on a surg/ortho unit, one of the most challenging aspects of daily care is adequately controlling pain in the post operative patient. While that is not the only thing I do, adequately controlling pain allows the patient to rest at night, and perform physical therapy during the day, both of which increase healing and decrease time spent on the unit. The staff members are a great resource, as everyone is willing to help each other, and the supervisors are very supportive of the staff. Being my first nursing job, I am learning extensive amounts of new procedures and situations, too many to list.
fun place
Scheduling Associate (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 18, 2016
I enjoy going to work, everyone is so welcoming and truly work as a team.My medical terminology vocabulary has definitely improved and I have expanded my knowledge learning different roles.
little to no turnover
Clinical Nurse Infusion Room (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJuly 15, 2016
Excellent nurses and physicians to work with. Most people working there have been there for 10 plus years - little to no turnover.
great Organization
Outreach Lab (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJune 28, 2016
great place to work. great pay as well. this organization is one of the best place in Connecticut, the hospital provided great service to the patient, visitor, and most of all the staff.
Great Place to work
Environmental Services Supervisor - Evening Shift (Former Employee) –  Greenwich CTMay 26, 2016
Greenwich Hospital is one of the best places I have worked. The Hospital is the cleanest hospital I have ever been in or seen. I am very happy to have had the pleasure to be a part of this organization. Although I welcomed opportunities, it was hard to leave.
Small community hospital with world renowned network
Lab Technician/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTApril 11, 2016
Safe and pleasant environment. Competitive salary with excellent review and raise practices. Promote from within so advancement is probable if worked for.
Best place to work
NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTFebruary 15, 2016
I was able to have different patients every day with different conditions and learn about everything.
The best part was to be able to help the patients to recover and heard them say thank you
Pros
Best place to learn
Cons
Demanding
Lovely place to work. Everyone is very kind
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTFebruary 2, 2016
Greenwich Hospital is a great place to work. My co-workers are some of the best people. There really isn't any hard part of the job. Being a people person, some things come more easier for me than others.
place for patience and compassion
Nursing Assistant / Lifter (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJanuary 6, 2016
A place where you give care and compassion to patients. Able to help in anyway possible to make them feel comfortable. Have them experience that they are as important as the next person.
Pros
continuous learning
Cons
could be stressful
A day at work
Laboratory Registrar (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTOctober 21, 2015
Order lab test for patients. Answer telephones. Verify patients insurance. Call doctors orders to clarify lab slips. Label specimens.
Pros
Benefits and that I was able to learn a great deal
Cons
Not enough employees to complete work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greenwich Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4