Greenwich Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Environmental Services Supervisor - Evening Shift (Former Employee) –  Greenwich CTMay 26, 2016
Greenwich Hospital is one of the best places I have worked. The Hospital is the cleanest hospital I have ever been in or seen. I am very happy to have had the pleasure to be a part of this organization. Although I welcomed opportunities, it was hard to leave.
great Organization
Outreach Lab (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJune 28, 2016
great place to work. great pay as well. this organization is one of the best place in Connecticut, the hospital provided great service to the patient, visitor, and most of all the staff.
Small community hospital with world renowned network
Lab Technician/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTApril 11, 2016
Safe and pleasant environment. Competitive salary with excellent review and raise practices. Promote from within so advancement is probable if worked for.
Best place to work
NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTFebruary 15, 2016
I was able to have different patients every day with different conditions and learn about everything.
The best part was to be able to help the patients to recover and heard them say thank you
Pros
BEST PLACE TO LEARN
Cons
DEMANDING
Lovely place to work. Everyone is very kind
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTFebruary 2, 2016
Greenwich Hospital is a great place to work. My co-workers are some of the best people. There really isn't any hard part of the job. Being a people person, some things come more easier for me than others.
place for patience and compassion
Nursing Assistant / Lifter (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJanuary 6, 2016
A place where you give care and compassion to patients. Able to help in anyway possible to make them feel comfortable. Have them experience that they are as important as the next person.
Pros
continuous learning
Cons
could be stressful
Challenging, yet satisfying work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTSeptember 13, 2015
A typical work day in Greenwich hospital is one that poses many types of challenges. Despite the fact that Greenwich is not a trauma hospital; medically sick patients roll through the door quite frequently. The team members are very reliable and willing to help each other out. It's controlled chaos with management and leadership being active members in the healthcare of patients. I would consider the staff a close-knit family.
Pros
Good benefits/ productive work environment/ great co-workers
Cons
Short breaks
A day at work
Laboratory Registrar (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTOctober 21, 2015
Order lab test for patients. Answer telephones. Verify patients insurance. Call doctors orders to clarify lab slips. Label specimens.
Pros
Benefits and that I was able to learn a great deal
Cons
Not enough employees to complete work
Environmental Services Aide (current employee)
EVS Aide (Former Employee) –  Environmental servicesJuly 14, 2015
Work is not hard but sometimes too much work is given and expected to be done before the end of shift. Co-workers are fine but the majority of nurses, CNAs and doctors are not friendly at all. One day they say hello, the other they look at you and keep walking. Nobody respects the work that we do and don't seem to notice your presence. Management is ok but doesn't seem to care about creating a better work environment for the workers. Sometimes you have to deal with rude and demanding patients. The hardest part of the job is not being respected as an essential part of the hospital. I can't think of any enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Low pay and no recognition for what you do.
great place to work, very secure, job is fulfilling
admitting officer (Current Employee) –  emergency departmentJuly 22, 2015
great place to work been here for 17 years, al love my job. provides free lunch sometmes, management is super, great benefic, cooworkers, day going quick on my job because we busy,hardest job for me is to see pt hurt and i cant help medicaly,but i can help by my kindness and understanding,
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short brakes
Conservative environment, utmost professionalism
Phlebotomist/ Registrar (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTAugust 24, 2015
Overall, it was a great experience being in a hospital setting. The upper management was strict and straight to the point. It is a conservative work environment which allowed workers to stand out and show professionalism.
Great opportunities for patient advocacy
Director, Patient and Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTSeptember 27, 2015
There was great support for creating a new service to measure and improve patient satisfaction and employee engagement. Patients always came first.
Productive and Fast Paced
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  HSCApril 1, 2015
There is no "typical" day. Each day, at times, comes and goes so quickly. I've learned to be proactive and think outside the box. It's ok to jump in and help someone out since the goals at the end of the day are the same. Do your best for those we serve both internally and externally. This makes us all successful. Work as a team and work with each other rather than the old school of "it's not my job". We are all in this together, but you also need to take ownership and accountability for what is yours.

The hardest part of the job, which is only recent, is the lack of communication at times and the changes of once was to what is.
Pros
Great team of employees that work together
Cons
Lack of communication at times
Best Hospital in CT
Medical Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTAugust 31, 2015
Loved working here for four year from 2011-2015. The commute was my only complaint and being that I started school made it even more difficult. Greenwich Hospital is great.
Pleasant place to work
Medical Record Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTMarch 2, 2015
This hospital gives the example of what "Customer Service" truly is. Employees show that they all share the common goal of making sure the community is happy. A family oriented environment from Administration to security.
Pros
cheerful environment, education encouraged and additional benefits for employees
Cons
small facility not much room for advancement in certain departments
great staff
Foodservice Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTNovember 5, 2014
typical day was fairly respectable. staff for the most part had good attendance. they worked well together. many fun times, laughs, and smiles while work was getting done. I learned that the older generation knew what it was to earn a paycheck. co workers were great. reliable and hard working. hardest part of the job, saying goodnight at the end of the day. most enjoyable part, staff was very friendly and hard working.
Pros
hard working staff, extra hours available if needed
Cons
long drive, lived an hour away at the time
Productive.Never a dull moment.
File room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJune 29, 2014
I would have pull patient list for the next day.Answer phone/check messages from night before and get back to patient/doctors office that morning.
I learned how to deal with patents and co-worker under a lot of pressure.
My manager was very helpful and supportive.
Co-workers became like family to me.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with Patients who has Health issue's
and the most enjoyable times when everything was running smoothly without any hiccups.
Pros
health innsurane, full time work
Cons
that they eliminated my position
Nice clean enviroment
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTAugust 8, 2013
At the moment I'm working alone so I'm doing the job of two people. I really have not learned anything new as far as work place performance is concerned. I only report to one manager, therefore I can not form an opinion. Some co-workers tend to be less diligent than I expected. The hardest part of the job is seeing improvement potential but not being able to do anything about it.
Pros
i work in a state of the art enviroment
Cons
no cons at this time
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJuly 23, 2013
Pays good for PA's. Relatively easy ER work. Driven by Press Ganey system in a very high income area. The hardest part is dealing with ultra-wealth people who have high demands and trying to keep them happy. The biggest complaint, is if you fail at keeping the occasional VIP's happy, they will inform administration, who will rarely support you over the VIP. On the upside, most of the people are very nice and easy to deal with.
Pros
pay, beautiful facility
Cons
hard to please personalities
Productive and great learning experience
Communications Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJune 11, 2013
Duties included using various computer programs such as, Amcom, SmartWeb, and the internal hospital website. Used knowledge of medical terminology and various procedures. Worked in a fast-paced environment using multple phone lines and directed calls to the accurate deparments, physicians, and patients. Performed hospital codes and paged on-call physicians.
Pros
healthcare, great and personable co-workers, healthy environment
Cons
short breaks, expensive lunch's, short-staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greenwich Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4