Greenwich Public Schools

Greenwich Public Schools Employer Reviews

Wonderful students and a great job!
Kindergarten Teacher, North Mianus Elementary (Current Employee), Greenwich, CTApril 7, 2013
Pros: wonderful students, great work environment, supportive staff, amazing job, benefits
Cons: i am not tenured and am not guaranteed a job next year.
I was hired three days before school began for a one year position after the school went over their anticipated kindergarten numbers. All of my new co-workers were extremely supportive while I turned what was a reading room into a classroom and quickly learned the curriculum.
I get to work at 8am to prepare for the day and my students begin arriving – more... at 8:30. From there I am on the go until 3:30 when the last student leaves. A typical day includes morning meeting, math, snack, reader’s workshop, writer’s workshop, word study, recess, specials, read aloud or science, lunch, and literacy centers. I encourage students to have fun while learning and to be curious. We have a lot of fun throughout the year because I believe learning is supposed to be enjoyable and encourage students to want to learn not just in the classroom but everywhere. – less
Collaborative, creative work setting
Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher (Current Employee), Greenwich, CTJune 2, 2012
The school I worked in allowed time for collaboration with other facility. I had an opportunity to develop and implement several lesson and unit plans of various topics. I had several continuing education courses, mostly on technology in the classroom.