Greenwich Public Schools Employee Reviews in United States

Exceptional professional environment
School Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJanuary 20, 2016
Recently retired from Greenwich Public Schools with over 21 years of school social worker experiences in various educational settings, both general and special education settings. The overall work experience was quite challenging and provided tremendous opportunities to provide service to students and staff.
productive and explore how to help others
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTNovember 23, 2015
The benefits that I learned if more enough to encourage me to make decision to work, and trust the Company.
mainly, I got lot of experiences when I worked for theses employers
Pros
fits my need from a job
Cons
don't has enough data for personal tallents
The children were the center of attention.
Assisted head teacher (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTAugust 24, 2015
Great town, great public school system. Parents have vested interests and make it a pleasant teaching experience. They adopted the concept "It takes a village to raise a child".
I created an excellent working environment for a difficult job
Administrator (Former Employee) –  GreenwichAugust 4, 2015
I truly enjoyed my job, it was a challenging but rewarding position. I created a warm environment in which my focus was to enhance individual strengths and skills. The program offered a structured, supportive setting that focused on both individual academic and social and emotional needs. We focused on career and college readiness skills and provided opportunties for students to develop these skills with academic rigor and community opportunites through service learning classes and 5 week internships.
We were successful in graduating 95 % to 100% seniors on a consistent basis annually. As a team we developed individual and post high school post high school plans for all of our students graduating.
Pros
Good Benefits, Flexibility
Cons
Worked hard throughout the day, sometimes no lunch breaks.
Great School District to Work In
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJanuary 14, 2015
This position was a great opportunity for me to acquire much needed teaching experience in a warm and welcoming environment.
Well funded school conducive to learning
Part-time strings instructor (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTMarch 19, 2014
I teach 3rd to 5th grade small group lessons on violin, viola, cello, and bass.

I conduct a combined 4th and 5th grade orchestra rehearsals weekly and they perform bi-annual concerts.
Wonderful students and a great job!
Kindergarten Teacher, North Mianus Elementary (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTApril 7, 2013
I was hired three days before school began for a one year position after the school went over their anticipated kindergarten numbers. All of my new co-workers were extremely supportive while I turned what was a reading room into a classroom and quickly learned the curriculum.
I get to work at 8am to prepare for the day and my students begin arriving at 8:30. From there I am on the go until 3:30 when the last student leaves. A typical day includes morning meeting, math, snack, reader’s workshop, writer’s workshop, word study, recess, specials, read aloud or science, lunch, and literacy centers. I encourage students to have fun while learning and to be curious. We have a lot of fun throughout the year because I believe learning is supposed to be enjoyable and encourage students to want to learn not just in the classroom but everywhere.
Pros
wonderful students, great work environment, supportive staff, amazing job, benefits
Cons
i am not tenured and am not guaranteed a job next year.
Collaborative, creative work setting
Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTJune 2, 2012
The school I worked in allowed time for collaboration with other facility. I had an opportunity to develop and implement several lesson and unit plans of various topics. I had several continuing education courses, mostly on technology in the classroom.

4.4