Greenwood Leflore Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

unfair and shows reverse discrimination
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSApril 27, 2016
Afraid of being sued before standing up for good employees. Would rather send someone out the door, than to try to help good employees when they have a problem or issue.
Discharge Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSApril 17, 2016
It is an overall good place to work. With every business there is always room for growth. I enjoy my job, my supervisor and my co-workers.
surgery is a good place to work
Certified Surgical First assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood MS, 38930September 21, 2015
A typical day at work could be extremely busy or extremely light. Ive learned how to become a better first assistant because of the surgeons that I work with on a daily bases. My co-workers are easy to get along with I guess because they love working in surgery just as much as I do. the hardest part of the job is pulling all nighters working on call every now and then. the most enjoyable part of the job is know that im helping a patient get better.
Pros
leave early after call the next day
Cons
sometimes the call team can work all night
A very organized company.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSMay 31, 2015
This company is well organized and faces the same battles as most locations with understaffing. I was able to gain confidence in my skills that I learned in nursing school. The other staff were very helpful and didn't mind helping you out. The hardest part of the job other than the 12 hour shifts was learning to coordinate all the patients.
Pros
Everything in arms reach.
Cons
Mostly 12 hour shifts
Loved my job its just that the pay was not enough and the management is sorely lacking
Insurance Biller/Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSMay 29, 2015
This company has great benefits, learned a great deal of information and I also had a great time with my coworkers and interacting with others in the office. The environment was enjoyable. Learned new things about insurance and medical billing.Keep your opinions to yourself; when you express your opinions or frustrations, you might find yourself without a job. They will fire you without cause and lie to its clients and customers and the supervision is uneducated in leading its employees. Leadership was non-existent and very unsupportive. Misuse of authority and relative punitive measures if actions regarding management were asked. Very disorganized and chaotic. There was no room for growth or advancement and I surely did not feel valued or supported in any way. But other than, that It's an okay company.
Pros
Had a job, Great coworkers, Enjoyed working with the patients
Cons
Low Wages, Poor Management, A company of liars and low morale
productive place to work
CME Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSJuly 13, 2015
friendly environment, County and city owned, decent benefits, extremely cultured, can be open to new ideas, great nursing staff!
Respectful and educational workplace
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSSeptember 4, 2012
A typical day for me is usually auditing patient accounts, supporting my audit manager and keeping track and updating spreadsheets. I learned to audit, about complience and I advanced my office skills. My co-workers are supportive and hard working. The hardest part of the job is making sure your numbers are correct but the most enjoyable is working with my co-workers.
Pros
i enjoy the team i work with
Cons
i don't have a lot of room to grow
It is an awesome working environment.
Health Educator Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSMay 2, 2014
Working at GLH has some ups and downs but the overall care that is provided to the patients are of the best quality. Having been employed under great supervisors at GLH I had the opportunity to learn life long skills. I have the highest respect for my co-workers and we all work as a team at all times.
Pros
always puts the patients first
Cons
organizational problems
Has a lot of TV's in waiting area for entertainment
Insurance Representative, Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSJanuary 10, 2012
Greenwood Leflore Hospital was a great place for anyone to work at, and also has a great staff. They have great benefits for the employees. The atmosphere was great to be around. They have lots of opportunity where you can grow to better yourself.
Pros
free snacks, great employees discount
Cons
not enough parking spaces, gift shop close to early
This company gave me lots of hands on experience as a CRT.
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSMarch 6, 2014
This place is a good workplace for new respiratory therapist. Has great learning environment with lots of clinical experiences to see.
Pros
idea for learning environment
Cons
weak rt to management relationship which creates low work morale and no teamwork.
good learning expereince
RN, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Leflore HospitalJuly 13, 2014
It is a learning experience. I work at this facility for almost 3 years and I feel like that the manager and physician is not understanding of the changes with Medicare and the insurance companies.
Pros
work hours
Cons
the way the employees are treated by management staff and doctors
I learned a great deal and really enjoyed this job!
Audit Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSAugust 30, 2012
GLH was a decent workplace, but they don't value your hard work and some of the supervisors are under educated and fear you want their jobs, which result in them getting rid of you!
Cleaning and making sure all ipatient are happy
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Greenwood MsSeptember 30, 2014
Every day was a good because we was helping patients and making they is happy we work as a team player and enjoyed what we was doing.
It was a laid back environment
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenwood,MSNovember 6, 2012
My day consisted of making lab reports, and filing them. I learned that a steady worker is a good worker. I also learned that it was best to work as a team because it always got the job done.
Greenwood Lefore Hospital
Head Auditor for E/M (Former Employee) –  Greenwood MSOctober 6, 2014
I worked here for 16 years. Not much advancement or room for more money. Benefits had dwindled too. I enjoyed the people I worked with at GLH.
Stable company
EKG/EEG Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSMay 29, 2012
Its all about who you know. Go to work, do your job and everything will be fine. Do not get involved with people on a personal level.
Pros
get paid through lunch break, benefits
Cons
poor management
Enjoyed position.
Radiology Director (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSDecember 10, 2012
Management position Stressful at times mediating between employees/physicans
Worked with many wonderful people
benefits
Cons
staying away from home during the week
nice hospital to work for
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSAugust 16, 2014
great hospital to work for very diverse. nurses and doctors are great to work with. Very nice pharmacy to work for
Great learning environment for new grads!
ICCU Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSApril 1, 2013
Allowed me to use my new skills in a specialty environment to advance my knowledge of the nursing field. Great co-workers!
Awesome
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSApril 14, 2014
An awesome opportunity to assist others in need. I wouldnt trade the years spent there for nothing.
Pros
free mergency healthcare
Cons
n/a

Greenwood Leflore Hospital Reviews by Location