Greenwood Leflore Hospital Employee Reviews

Floor Secretary/Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSMay 10, 2017
GLH is quite a great place, atmosphere, environment to work.A day at GLH can be interesting with dealing with a lot of sick patients around the place. I enjoy this place as a working environment
Nice place to work
Registration Clerk/Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSApril 23, 2017
Greenwoodleflore hospital is a great place to work. The health benefits are good. The hospital now offers retirement. I loved working for glh. They provide patients with excellent service.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Few chances for advancement
Nursing - always challenging and always room to grow.
Change Nurse GeriPsych (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSApril 16, 2017
Good job - good compensation. Good doctors. Opportunities to work in various areas of nursing. 12-hour shifts difficult for many but very few or no 8 hour shifts available.
great opportunity for advancement
MRI STAFF TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSMarch 12, 2017
great working environment with plenty of room for advancement, management isn't always the easiest thing to work for, but overall great working environment
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
short breaks
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSJanuary 9, 2017
You learn a multitude of information while at this hospital. Everyone is willing to teach as long as you are willing to learn. Very exceptional hospital.
Mostly a nice and friendly atmosphere.
Asset Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSJanuary 2, 2017
The most important part of my jobs was getting the medical equipment to the nurses who called for it in a timely manner so that they could provide care for their patients.
this company is slowly going down
Assistant Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSNovember 21, 2016
no job security, no benefits, loved the night shift. I enjoyed working for this company at first, but then a lot of changes began, and then the lay offs out of the blue. You don't make much money, and then the benefits were taken away.
First Nursing Job
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSNovember 2, 2016
Working as a circulator, fresh out of nursing school is something I wouldn't recommend, in hind-sight. As a new nurse, it would be best to work in an enviroment which would have afforded me the opportunity to enhance more nursing skills, so I could build my confidence.
Outpatient Admission Registrar (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSSeptember 28, 2016
Greenwood Leflore is a very great place to work. Nice environment and very professional place. We are a very busy facility, but we manage to get the job done. We have a great time with a positive spirit.
Good people
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSSeptember 21, 2016
Great people'
lot of work in one day

they have to many layoffs never fill the jobs again
I learned abot voding at this hospital I didn't even know it exited
Pros
co-workers
Cons
layoffs work people to hard for to little monr

Want to know more about Greenwood Leflore Hospital?

Ask a question
very clean environment, friendly people to work around and very neatly dressed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSAugust 15, 2016
a very clean and nice place to work. The staff is very friendly and kind. They always speaking and greeting you as you walk by. The most enjoyable moments is when I'm with my patients.
Pros
discounts on lunch and breakfast
Cons
short lunch breaks.
Great Enviornment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSAugust 5, 2016
I really enjoyed working here,the staff worked along with me through out my employment there.I literally enjoyed coming to work everyday due to greeting many different people there.
Fun place good people at all time
MAINTENCE (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSApril 27, 2016
Never do a maintence job along because it can be a long day and always have a bagge up.Good people to work for and work with and around at all times the jobs well done
unfair and shows reverse discrimination
Registered Nurse, Staff (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSApril 27, 2016
Afraid of being sued before standing up for good employees. Would rather send someone out the door, than to try to help good employees when they have a problem or issue.
Discharge Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSApril 17, 2016
It is an overall good place to work. With every business there is always room for growth. I enjoy my job, my supervisor and my co-workers.
surgery is a good place to work
Certified Surgical First assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood MS, 38930September 21, 2015
A typical day at work could be extremely busy or extremely light. Ive learned how to become a better first assistant because of the surgeons that I work with on a daily bases. My co-workers are easy to get along with I guess because they love working in surgery just as much as I do. the hardest part of the job is pulling all nighters working on call every now and then. the most enjoyable part of the job is know that im helping a patient get better.
Pros
leave early after call the next day
Cons
sometimes the call team can work all night
productive place to work
CME Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSJuly 13, 2015
friendly environment, County and city owned, decent benefits, extremely cultured, can be open to new ideas, great nursing staff!
A very organized company.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSMay 31, 2015
This company is well organized and faces the same battles as most locations with understaffing. I was able to gain confidence in my skills that I learned in nursing school. The other staff were very helpful and didn't mind helping you out. The hardest part of the job other than the 12 hour shifts was learning to coordinate all the patients.
Pros
Everything in arms reach.
Cons
Mostly 12 hour shifts
Loved my job its just that the pay was not enough and the management is sorely lacking
Insurance Biller/Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSMay 29, 2015
This company has great benefits, learned a great deal of information and I also had a great time with my coworkers and interacting with others in the office. The environment was enjoyable. Learned new things about insurance and medical billing.Keep your opinions to yourself; when you express your opinions or frustrations, you might find yourself without a job. They will fire you without cause and lie to its clients and customers and the supervision is uneducated in leading its employees. Leadership was non-existent and very unsupportive. Misuse of authority and relative punitive measures if actions regarding management were asked. Very disorganized and chaotic. There was no room for growth or advancement and I surely did not feel valued or supported in any way. But other than, that It's an okay company.
Pros
Had a job, Great coworkers, Enjoyed working with the patients
Cons
Low Wages, Poor Management, A company of liars and low morale
Greenwood Lefore Hospital
Head Auditor for E/M (Former Employee) –  Greenwood MSOctober 6, 2014
I worked here for 16 years. Not much advancement or room for more money. Benefits had dwindled too. I enjoyed the people I worked with at GLH.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greenwood Leflore Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval