- Establish and maintain production and shipping schedules.
- Manage production operations efficiently; ensure high productivity.
- Ensure that process and equipment capabilities meet or exceed company and industry standards and requirements.
- Participate in weekly production meetings and daily work-related meetings.
- Maintain and implement company policies and procedures.
- Implement operations and function-related budgeting goals and objectives.
- Prepare and present to Director of Operations a weekly summary that includes production, purchasing, shipping, receiving and inventory numbers within the plant.
- Recruit, select, train, motivate and evaluate all operations employees in accordance with company human relations policies and procedures.
- Build and manage a team-based production environment and develop and maintain good working relationships between production, materials and equipment maintenance.
- Interface between the employees in his/her department and the Director of Operations, the Executive Vice-President and President of the Company.
- Ensure that all product produced meets quality requirements in accordance with company policy, procedures and requirements.
- Keep the Director of Operations abreast of successes, progress and potential problems and offer appropriate solutions.
- Simultaneously handle, prioritize and resolves problems effectively.
- Ensure that shipment deadlines, budget and profitability objectives are met and exceeded.
- Ensure achievement of production metrics and shipment objectives. This includes labor hours, machine efficiency, inventory, quality and cost.
- Ensure quality products are produced and quality relationships are established and maintained between production, materials and equipment maintenance personnel, engineering and sales, customers, subcontractors and others in the area and industry.
- Ensure that customer complaints are few and of less seriousness that company targets and objectives.
- Ensure that reporting and supporting documentation is completed on time and in accordance with company procedures.
- Achieve company goals to produce quality product on time and within budget.
- Ability to maintain production planning and scheduling, shop loading, expediting and dispatching, purchasing, shipping and receiving and inventory control function.
- Three to five years relevant industrial and manufacturing experience in a food/beverage based facility.
- Associates Degree in industrial, mechanical, or electrical engineering or equivalent experience. Manufacturing engineering and operations management a plus.
- Relevant and current technical knowledge concerning products, materials and equipment.
- Knowledge, skills and ability to understand and manage food processing activities and production lines.
- Outstanding communication skills and an ability to successfully lead and develop a team.
- Excellent team leadership skills and an ability to set goals, accomplish objectives, coach and counsel while adding to the organizational climate and culture.
- Personal characteristics reflective of a fast paced industry; high energy, self-motivated, positive attitude, service oriented, flexible, ethical, loyal and with a high degree of integrity.
- Business maturity, team orientation and proven ability to positively influence change and ensure business discipline.
- Demonstrate good judgment in prioritizing, expediting, investigating and resolving problems and issues.
- Respect for the confidentiality of company, customer, and employee information.
Indeed - 17 months ago