Greyhound Lines, Inc.

Greyhound Lines, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very Bad Experience
Motorcoach Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 24, 2015
Pros: Can't think of any
Cons: Too numerous to mention
Every thing they tell you to recruit you is just smoke and mirrors.

You will have to beg for your pay everyday! Hope they pay it, Keep tracking it for weeks.
Try to live on the left overs after the senior drivers have manipulated the system to take all the good work.
Don't expect the union to help you. They just want your money.
After all the low pay training weeks, my pay bottomed out.
At the 3 month insurance deadline, I could not afford to take out the insurance.
Uniforms will cost about $300.00 Dry clean only.

I know you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you but this hand doesn't feed you they just use you.

I wish I had a recording of the meeting I had with Al The regional manager, I could help a lot of people from making the same mistake I did.
NICE PLACE TO WORK
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 23, 2015
Pros: BUS RIDES ANYWHERE YOU WANT TO GO
Cons: NOT ENOUGHT TIME TO GO
THIS IS A NICE PLACE TO WORK ,BUT I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR OVER TEN YEARS AND WOULD A DIFFERENT JOB AT THIS TIME IN MY LIFE .I NEED WORK THAT IS NOT SO DEMANDING OF MY PERSONAL TIME AND I NEED A SET TIME AND TO BE AT WORK . NOT THREE DAYS ON THIRD AND TWO DAYS ON SECOND SHIFT ,THIS IS TOO TO ADJUST YOUR BODY EVERY WEEK.
It's a stressful job
Ticket agent (Former Employee), Ruston, LAApril 23, 2015
The customers is always right even when they don't understand the basic need we only can provide. At times you will be in a position where you reach your boiling point. Just remember that your shift ends in 8 hours.
great Place to work
Time Bus Coordinator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2015
great place to work, flex hours, good communication skills required. must be people friendly, have excellent computer skills
Very streesful
call center representative (Current Employee), Addison, TXMarch 12, 2015
Pros: no weeknds
Cons: low pay
A typical day at work is that i take anywhere from 75 to 120 calls a day. It is a post complaint office for greyhound lines. We process refunds and help customers with any troubles that they had on there trip.
My co-workers are nice and very helpful
The hardest thing about the job is hearing the customers yell, scream and curse.
What I do enjoy is talking to people and helping others.
great job
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 10, 2015
I really miss working with this company. Working for this company is what got me the experience I needed to become successful in the transportation industry.
productive and fun workplace
Baggage/Ticket agent (Former Employee), Newark, NJMarch 6, 2015
Pros: holiday parties, free traveling
Cons: short breaks, unorganized scheduling
working for greyhound was overall a great experience . meeting new people everyday and actually being able to put my customer service skills to use made me a great peoples person. although the management was a bit unorganized the greyhound team was still able to always meet requirements. the hardest part of being a part of this company i would have to say was defiantly having to work 4 or more different positions daily during one shift. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help other people with their traveling experience.
No opportunity for growth.
Cashier (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: convenient to my schedule.
You basically received a position at the company and stayed there until you no longer want to work there, all the open positions are given to people that have been there the longest even though they didn't even do their job right.
a job where you see something new everyday
CSR (Former Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 15, 2014
Pros: free travel and bonus checks
Cons: limited overtime
this is a job where you new what was entailed, you got to meet different people everyday and far the most part the people and meeting them was the most enjoyable part of your day, the co workers did their jobs minded their own business oft times but in all we were one big family, the hardest part of the job was unloading and loading the buses in time to make the scheduled departure but that just added to the fun
not very likeable
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2014
Pros: being on the road
Cons: management
a day is good when you get from one end to another without having a accident or a road fail
The PITS, NO PERSONAL LIFE
driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville,FLAugust 13, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches and free bus passes
Cons: short breaks, benefits
This job was the pits,as an extra board driver you have no life,your on call 24/7 and you don't nowhere your going until you reach the terminal..The OSC(OPERATIONS Support)dispatchers are rude and talk to you like your nothing and beneath them.The managers and supervisors are all liars and tell you what you won't to hear to take a run.The hardest part about this job is getting sleep and being in a different city every night,most of your co-workers are ok but some of the Sr. drivers will give you a hard time.
Good place
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 10, 2014
Pros: travel for free
Cons: people would beg for money outside
I would come in and they would tell my if i could cook or work the register .Then i would clean , then i would prep my area.
Every paid day you earn
Mechanic (Former Employee), Detroit MI.July 25, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: nothing new today
Your job was very important always, because if you fail everyone else that follows is unable to do their job. (Out of a job!) No personal time was connected with your work time, someone needed to be you whenever you couldn't be you.
Productive and fun workplace
Sale Agent (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 24, 2014
Working here your get to interact with different people from everywhere they love to tell you about their trip wheather good or bad. The management here is great its like being around your family on the holidays some people wouild dislike that or not because your get to discuss everything that goes on. the hardest part of this job is telling the customer that we have no more seat available that doesnt always go over so well. I enjoy the smile i bring to people
human resources takes the word of lying employees
management. (Former Employee), denverJuly 24, 2014
Pros: when you leave at the end of the day.
Cons: 1 shift. .bunch of back stabbers but will talk nice to your face.
Lies. ....all lies ...upper management says they care but really don't they don't support middle management . Employees can get physical with supervisors. And still keep there job get the back pay and 10 hours of overtime.and a month of vacation paid....
always something new to look foward too
Ticket Agent/Customer Service Relation (Former Employee), dallasdtxMay 29, 2014
I really enjoyed working here I meet a lot of great people
it was very interesting in I loved being apart of the greyhound family
Greyhound Good to work for
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 7, 2014
Very busy but a rewarding job. Friendly people to work with i met many people from different parts of the world who traveled to NY
Customer Service Oriented
Ticket Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2014
Pros: discount meals and free travel bus passes
Cons: security
I learned how to work with others, and handle stressful situations and to ask for help when needed.
Over worked & underpaid
Customer Service Supervisor/Administration (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 16, 2014
Pros: like a big family
Cons: underpaid
Great people to work with, when its busy its busy and when its slow its slow, dont pay employee's enough
Good company
Coach Operator (Bus Driver) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2014
Eastern states are better to work in as the better buses are used there due to the greater competition.

1 2 3