Greyhound Lines, Inc

Greyhound Lines, Inc Employer Reviews

One of the worst...
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas CorporateOctober 13, 2014
This company is run based on union contracts and driver and employye seniority. You can only imagine the headaches and foolishness.
I really enjoyed working for Greyhound. Helping people get to go where they were going and hearing about their ventures was grounding.
Ticket Agent (Former Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 2, 2014
Greyhound was amazing place to work! The staff always was helpful and I was proud to work for such business-minded people. They showed me how to keep a busy work day successful and efficient!
Working in downtown
Senior Telecommunications Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2014
Pros: coordinated lec and vendors
Cons: offsite moved
Daily support at main campus and all sites in the US. Coordinated LEC and contract vendor to moved offsite.
Imppressive Employer
Customer Service Agent-Lead (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits, excellent managers
Cons: huge competition for advancement
Greyhound was by far the best employer simply because they take good care of their employees. We had excellent benefits, great working environment, and good company training and support from upper management.

This company is soo good that the opportunity for advancement has plenty of competition.
Older job position
Motor Coach Driver & Driving Instructor (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 7, 2014
Regular work. Round trip to New York regularly. Still an active company.
Happy Customers
Ticket Agent (Current Employee), Baltimore, MdMay 8, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work deals with at least one hundred people a day. Today I helped a customer as far as going to the extent to get the customer to forward me and email and me take things into my own hands. The customers were so happy that maybe five minutes later they brought me two drinks for helping them.
productive and fun
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2014
Pros: i get a chance to learn a lot and meet new people
Cons: short breaks and good health care
the job required me to preform multiple task like beening in charge of the platform overseeing other people. It thought me how to be more responsible. and gave me a chance to grow.
PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE
Greyhound Lines Maintenance Facility (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2014
Pros: union
Cons: short break
cleaning interior OF BUSES ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS I LEARNED ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOOD QUALITY AND BAD QUALITY
THE HARDEST PART OF THIS JOB WAS CLEANING INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR OTHER VEHICLES INTERIOR ARE WORST THEN OTHERS SOME OF THEM ALSO TAKE UP MORE TIME TO CLEAN BECAUSE OF THAT SPECIFIC REASON
THE ENJOY PART OF THE JOB IS YOU WORK AT YOUR OWN – more... PACE UNLESS SOMETHING EXTRA IS NEEDED
MY CO WORKERS I GET ALONG WITH WITHOUT ANY ISSUES
WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT MANAGEMENT ARE THEY TEND TO MAKE RULES DAY BY DAY INSTEAD OF HAVING ONE RULE TO GO BY THIS IS A TYPICAL ISSUE FROM EVERYONE – less
Work-life
Accounting Clerk, Philadelphia (Former Employee), New York, New YorkJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: do you job well.
Cons: pay close attention to details.
Working at Greyhound Lines in NY was very rewarding. I love the culture, team work, and management cooperativeness. Working there was like a family environment. We stock together and I most of it had to do with the size of the terminal which is one of the largest countrywide.
I enjoyed the driving and travel to different states and cities.
Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: driving, traveling to different cities, meeting new people and persons that travel by greyhound regularly.
Cons: long hours, time away from home.
A typical day started out with performing a preventive maintenance check on the coach, annotating all flaws, boarding passengers and various packages and correspondence for specific destinations. The hardest function of the position was physically loading and unloading heavy luggage and dealing with difficult passengers. Once reaching the final destination, – more... some of the drivers would talk about some of the events on the road, passengers and new variations of directions due to some of the changes of the routes.
For me, the hardest part of the job was the time on the road, long hours away from home, sleeping in different motels without always getting the proper rest and various pests that motels carry.
At the end of each trip, I was happy to have safely transported people and myself to either part of or our final destinations. – less
People were fun to work with
CSR / Customer Survey Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: discount on bus fares
Cons: short brakes and downtime.
Job security was pretty good but not lot of opportunity to advance for higher positions. Pay was just slight above minimum wage and overtime was sometimes required and downtime was also require at times.
Big Company
US Freight Accounting (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good working environment
Cons: lack of advancement
Great company to work for if you are not looking for advancement. Casual environment. Great Benefits
It was a fun work place and loved my co-workers.
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2013
It's a busy workplace. But some of the co-workers became some close friends. I loved working there and would go back.
Bilingual Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLDecember 12, 2013
- A typical day at work consisted of helping passengers, loading luggage and working the ticket counter.
- I learned how much I enjoy talking to and smiling with the customer.
- Management was at times hard to deal with but overall good to work with.
- My co-workers were great to work with
- The hardest part of the job was the constant lifting of luggage.
- – more... The most enjoyable interacting with the customers. – less
Driver
Motorcoach Operator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 28, 2013
Pros: free travel
Cons: on-call
Start off by attending driving school in Atlanta, GA, progress to an on-call driving position. Look forward to waiting an average of 5-10 yrs., for a permanent route.
You see so many different faces and cultures.
Terminal Manager/Company Operated (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: meeting people
Cons: late schedules/break downs
I have seen numerous changes at Greyhound over the years. Meeting new people and developng lasting friendships is a big plus. I have seen the company sales grow tremendously and I have seen the company sales suffer post 911. In recent years, resolving operational short comings and chronic service failures has been the toughest part of my job.
Backwards. Uneducated undeveloped.
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 24, 2013
Pros: free subway cards
Cons: weekends and holidays
Basically the rudest people on earth. Ran by the top bus drivers. They were great at driving buses but shouldnt be managing a business. you work all holidays and weekends. Its a travel company though what did you expect.
Hectic Enviroment
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 17, 2013
Pros: great team moral
Cons: called about every problem all times of the day, even had to show up at terminal to handle situations
Checking email, mailbox for new issues or procedures
How to manage people of all ages, & deal with their issues
The hardest part of the job is not having any support for issues in the terminal your pretty much on your own in that department
The most enjoyable was completing challenging task, or adverse problems with a great result!
Fun and productive working with customers
Interim Terminal Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 14, 2013
Pros: being a part of the "family"
Cons: having to say goodbye
Customer invoicing, A/P, manage accounts, supervised 20 employees, trip reports, new hires, benefits, training, orientation, petty cash, ADP payroll, coordinated customer service. I learned great customer service skills dealing with passengers. They had a good management team. The co-workers worked well together, especially on the bus schedules. The – more... hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the schedules got out on time – less
Easy pace job with, good place to work to learning different cultures
Lead Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 19, 2012
Training other employees and dispatching buses making sure they were arriving and departing on schedule.

I learned that if you have a willingness to learn they will train you in all areas. Therefore, you have job security because you are an aset to the company.