Greyhound Lines, Inc

Greyhound Lines, Inc Employer Reviews

Work-life
Accounting Clerk, Philadelphia (Former Employee), New York, New YorkJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: do you job well.
Cons: pay close attention to details.
Working at Greyhound Lines in NY was very rewarding. I love the culture, team work, and management cooperativeness. Working there was like a family environment. We stock together and I most of it had to do with the size of the terminal which is one of the largest countrywide.
People were fun to work with
CSR / Customer Survey Representative (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: discount on bus fares
Cons: short brakes and downtime.
Job security was pretty good but not lot of opportunity to advance for higher positions. Pay was just slight above minimum wage and overtime was sometimes required and downtime was also require at times.
Big Company
US Freight Accounting (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good working environment
Cons: lack of advancement
Great company to work for if you are not looking for advancement. Casual environment. Great Benefits
It was a fun work place and loved my co-workers.
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2013
It's a busy workplace. But some of the co-workers became some close friends. I loved working there and would go back.
Bilingual Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLDecember 12, 2013
- A typical day at work consisted of helping passengers, loading luggage and working the ticket counter.
- I learned how much I enjoy talking to and smiling with the customer.
- Management was at times hard to deal with but overall good to work with.
- My co-workers were great to work with
- The hardest part of the job was the constant lifting of luggage.
- – more... The most enjoyable interacting with the customers. – less
Driver
Motorcoach Operator (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 28, 2013
Pros: free travel
Cons: on-call
Start off by attending driving school in Atlanta, GA, progress to an on-call driving position. Look forward to waiting an average of 5-10 yrs., for a permanent route.
You see so many different faces and cultures.
Terminal Manager/Company Operated (Former Employee), Texarkana, ARSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: meeting people
Cons: late schedules/break downs
I have seen numerous changes at Greyhound over the years. Meeting new people and developng lasting friendships is a big plus. I have seen the company sales grow tremendously and I have seen the company sales suffer post 911. In recent years, resolving operational short comings and chronic service failures has been the toughest part of my job.
Great Place to work
City Manager II (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 26, 2013
Pros: meeting deiffrent people everyday
Cons: buses braking down
My day would start with me greeting all my employees, checking all Bus schedules are running on time, get Deposits ready for the Armor truck, join other Managers from CA, NV and AZ on our daily conference call with our Boss, after put together the wage and sales report, respond to any E-mails help out during rushes and Ect............
Backwards. Uneducated undeveloped.
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 24, 2013
Pros: free subway cards
Cons: weekends and holidays
Basically the rudest people on earth. Ran by the top bus drivers. They were great at driving buses but shouldnt be managing a business. you work all holidays and weekends. Its a travel company though what did you expect.
Hectic Enviroment
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 17, 2013
Pros: great team moral
Cons: called about every problem all times of the day, even had to show up at terminal to handle situations
Checking email, mailbox for new issues or procedures
How to manage people of all ages, & deal with their issues
The hardest part of the job is not having any support for issues in the terminal your pretty much on your own in that department
The most enjoyable was completing challenging task, or adverse problems with a great result!
Fun and productive working with customers
Interim Terminal Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 14, 2013
Pros: being a part of the "family"
Cons: having to say goodbye
Customer invoicing, A/P, manage accounts, supervised 20 employees, trip reports, new hires, benefits, training, orientation, petty cash, ADP payroll, coordinated customer service. I learned great customer service skills dealing with passengers. They had a good management team. The co-workers worked well together, especially on the bus schedules. The – more... hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the schedules got out on time – less
Easy pace job with, good place to work to learning different cultures
Lead Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 19, 2012
Training other employees and dispatching buses making sure they were arriving and departing on schedule.

I learned that if you have a willingness to learn they will train you in all areas. Therefore, you have job security because you are an aset to the company.
Helping those to travel to family and friends was a priority
District Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 17, 2012
GLI held passenger and operator safety as a priority thus allowing for customers to travel easily to friends and family.
I work many different hours off a extra board
Motor Coach Operator (Current Employee), St Louis, Missouri.November 14, 2012
Pros: i get to see the world and meet interesting people of all walks of life.
Cons: greyhound is downsizing.
I enjoy my job and the people, I transport across the country..
I work many locations across the United States.
Leave the driving to us
MOTOR COACH OPERATOR (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 13, 2012
Greyhound remains competitive as a leader in interstate travel.
Fast-paced environment with lots of support
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: help and understanding from entire staff, benefits, 401k
Every morning the Operations Support Team of dispatch supervisors would meet before the beginning of our shift with our Regional and National Operations Managers to review pertinent information from the previous shift regarding what has been set into action and needs to be set into action. We would be updated on weather issues, road hazards, and breakdowns, – more... all while exchanging playful banter amongst a tight-knit team of workers.
Aside from the technical side of learning software and programs, I had to learn Greyhound's union contract and DOT regulations in order to correctly assign drivers. I learned how to hone my instincts based on past experiences, educated predictions, and familiarity with my drivers' individual work ethic.
I worked with an awesome group of supportive, patient, and understanding managers that would jump in at any time and relieve you of a massive workload by taking calls, creating orders, or placing necessary outbound calls. My coworkers followed their lead with assistance and general genuine concern. I can honestly say that it felt like working with family.
The hardest part of my of my job was, in essence, the most enjoyable part, and that was having to come up with a solution to unexpected, unforseen issues such as delays, breakdowns, no available manpower and/or an overflow of passengers. It required me to think quickly and recall information that I have been filing away all day and knowing who is accessible to assist with getting the job done. I really enjoyed hearing from a terminal manager, "Man, I'm glad you were working today!" – less
Great work enviroment
Marketing/Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2012
Pros: gained knowledge of transportation
Cons: too far from home.
This was a great experience for me learning about transportation and the routes.
Good company
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2012
Pros: example: free lunches, etc.
Cons: example: short breaks, healthcare, etc.
Promotes from within. Able to transfer to other departments, which encoyrages learning new things.
Travel done your way
Ticket sales agent/FNS (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2012
This was a fun way to travel and assist peole going home or to visit others.
Fun and interesting
Traveling Ticket Agent/Booker Agent (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 21, 2012
Pros: all the good restaurant were close to the station.
Cons: short staffed at all times.
Everyday was about helping traveling passengers. I learned how to work under stressful days. Everything was hard about this job everyday was a challenge. The amazing part was that at the end all passenger were happy.