Greyhound Lines, Inc Employee Reviews

Tough Job, No Life and Bad Management
Professional Motor Coach Operator (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, lots of new people, new scenery, every day is an adventure
Cons: Have to chase your money, will get taken advantage of on a regular basis, nervous about getting fired over anything
It's a fun work environment, people-wise. You meet new people every day, and have a ton of co-workers (as in all places, some great, others not so). Every day is different, and never boring. But the management – more... is very top-heavy and not well trained. They pinch fractions of pennies (not just pennies). You have to chase your pay every day to make sure you are compensated for your work. And they will use you when they need you, but leave you out for the wolves come any other circumstance. Your always nervous to get fired over something ridiculous. – less
Reliable, steady job.
Professional Motorcoach Operator (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Travelling, fair wages, good benefits, reliable, consistent work.
Cons: Not enough home time, on call 24/7.
Greyhound was a great way to get my CDL B. I learned how to drive buses and really enjoyed it. Management isn't too personable but they are friendly and will help you if you really need the help.
Once – more... you're done with training, you work on your own for the most part. The hardest part of the job is being away from home, or on the go day in and day out.
Wages are fair.
Dealing with the customers isn't difficult even if the customer is being difficult. – less
Adventure working with passenger from adverse cultures.
Area City Senior Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MichiganJune 26, 2015
Pros: Unlimited travel
Cons: Benefits
I am also responsible for effectively managing and ensuring quality assurance, customer focus, safety techniques and awareness, as well as prompt scheduled services.
great work place for working with a lot of different people.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 28, 2015
Pros: there was alot to learn
love the fact I was able to apply great customer service, good management and working as a team makes evey day a good work day.
A fun place to work
MotorCoach Operator (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 11, 2015
Very knowledgeable and still rank in the top of the driver training schools in the nation. Greyhound Lines inc. will definitely help train you for a career and not a job.
Greyhound Lines
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 1, 2015
Pros: experience with mentor
Cons: some management don't care
Not for the employees nor the customers they for the money only theyve made promises that was untrue no long time employment
Average Organization
City Manager (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 12, 2015
Great company!! Work/Life balance needs improving. Enjoy coworkers and drivers. Employees are an important asset from top to bottom.
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: working a 4 day week and major holidays off.
Cons: healthcare
*Processing PO's for venders, reconciling bank statements, and *processing invoices for payment.
*I have learned J D Edwards system and MCMS processor.
*Management is excellent providing support in daily operations of the company.
*My co-workers are great at being team players.
*The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the customers payments are processed in a timely manner.
United Management II, Site Manager (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCNovember 5, 2014
Pros: getting holidays off
Cons: long hours after an accident occurs
Enjoyed working with all my employees, Meeting people from all over the world. Long hours when an accident/ incident occurs
One of the worst...
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas CorporateOctober 13, 2014
This company is run based on union contracts and driver and employye seniority. You can only imagine the headaches and foolishness.
I really enjoyed working for Greyhound. Helping people get to go where they were going and hearing about their ventures was grounding.
Ticket Agent (Former Employee), Detroit, MIOctober 2, 2014
Greyhound was amazing place to work! The staff always was helpful and I was proud to work for such business-minded people. They showed me how to keep a busy work day successful and efficient!
Working in downtown
Senior Telecommunications Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 29, 2014
Pros: coordinated lec and vendors
Cons: offsite moved
Daily support at main campus and all sites in the US. Coordinated LEC and contract vendor to moved offsite.
Imppressive Employer
Customer Service Agent-Lead (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 22, 2014
Pros: great benefits, excellent managers
Cons: huge competition for advancement
Greyhound was by far the best employer simply because they take good care of their employees. We had excellent benefits, great working environment, and good company training and support from upper management.

This company is soo good that the opportunity for advancement has plenty of competition.
Older job position
Motor Coach Driver & Driving Instructor (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 7, 2014
Regular work. Round trip to New York regularly. Still an active company.
Happy Customers
Ticket Agent (Current Employee), Baltimore, MdMay 8, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work deals with at least one hundred people a day. Today I helped a customer as far as going to the extent to get the customer to forward me and email and me take things into my own hands. The customers were so happy that maybe five minutes later they brought me two drinks for helping them.
productive and fun
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2014
Pros: i get a chance to learn a lot and meet new people
Cons: short breaks and good health care
the job required me to preform multiple task like beening in charge of the platform overseeing other people. It thought me how to be more responsible. and gave me a chance to grow.
PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE
Greyhound Lines Maintenance Facility (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2014
Pros: union
Cons: short break
cleaning interior OF BUSES ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS I LEARNED ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GOOD QUALITY AND BAD QUALITY
THE HARDEST PART OF THIS JOB WAS CLEANING INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR OTHER VEHICLES INTERIOR – more... ARE WORST THEN OTHERS SOME OF THEM ALSO TAKE UP MORE TIME TO CLEAN BECAUSE OF THAT SPECIFIC REASON
THE ENJOY PART OF THE JOB IS YOU WORK AT YOUR OWN PACE UNLESS SOMETHING EXTRA IS NEEDED
MY CO WORKERS I GET ALONG WITH WITHOUT ANY ISSUES
WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT MANAGEMENT ARE THEY TEND TO MAKE RULES DAY BY DAY INSTEAD OF HAVING ONE RULE TO GO BY THIS IS A TYPICAL ISSUE FROM EVERYONE – less
Work-life
Accounting Clerk, Philadelphia (Former Employee), New York, New YorkJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: do you job well.
Cons: pay close attention to details.
Working at Greyhound Lines in NY was very rewarding. I love the culture, team work, and management cooperativeness. Working there was like a family environment. We stock together and I most of it had to do with the size of the terminal which is one of the largest countrywide.
I enjoyed the driving and travel to different states and cities.
Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: driving, traveling to different cities, meeting new people and persons that travel by greyhound regularly.
Cons: long hours, time away from home.
A typical day started out with performing a preventive maintenance check on the coach, annotating all flaws, boarding passengers and various packages and correspondence for specific destinations. The hardest – more... function of the position was physically loading and unloading heavy luggage and dealing with difficult passengers. Once reaching the final destination, some of the drivers would talk about some of the events on the road, passengers and new variations of directions due to some of the changes of the routes.
For me, the hardest part of the job was the time on the road, long hours away from home, sleeping in different motels without always getting the proper rest and various pests that motels carry.
At the end of each trip, I was happy to have safely transported people and myself to either part of or our final destinations. – less
Big Company
US Freight Accounting (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good working environment
Cons: lack of advancement
Great company to work for if you are not looking for advancement. Casual environment. Great Benefits