Greyhound Lines, Inc

Greyhound Lines, Inc Employer Reviews

Easy pace job with, good place to work to learning different cultures
Lead Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 19, 2012
Training other employees and dispatching buses making sure they were arriving and departing on schedule.

I learned that if you have a willingness to learn they will train you in all areas. Therefore, you have job security because you are an aset to the company.
Helping those to travel to family and friends was a priority
District Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 17, 2012
GLI held passenger and operator safety as a priority thus allowing for customers to travel easily to friends and family.
I work many different hours off a extra board
Motor Coach Operator (Current Employee), St Louis, Missouri.November 14, 2012
Pros: i get to see the world and meet interesting people of all walks of life.
Cons: greyhound is downsizing.
I enjoy my job and the people, I transport across the country..
I work many locations across the United States.
Leave the driving to us
MOTOR COACH OPERATOR (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 13, 2012
Greyhound remains competitive as a leader in interstate travel.
Fast-paced environment with lots of support
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: help and understanding from entire staff, benefits, 401k
Every morning the Operations Support Team of dispatch supervisors would meet before the beginning of our shift with our Regional and National Operations Managers to review pertinent information from the previous shift regarding what has been set into action and needs to be set into action. We would be updated on weather issues, road hazards, and breakdowns, – more... all while exchanging playful banter amongst a tight-knit team of workers.
Aside from the technical side of learning software and programs, I had to learn Greyhound's union contract and DOT regulations in order to correctly assign drivers. I learned how to hone my instincts based on past experiences, educated predictions, and familiarity with my drivers' individual work ethic.
I worked with an awesome group of supportive, patient, and understanding managers that would jump in at any time and relieve you of a massive workload by taking calls, creating orders, or placing necessary outbound calls. My coworkers followed their lead with assistance and general genuine concern. I can honestly say that it felt like working with family.
The hardest part of my of my job was, in essence, the most enjoyable part, and that was having to come up with a solution to unexpected, unforseen issues such as delays, breakdowns, no available manpower and/or an overflow of passengers. It required me to think quickly and recall information that I have been filing away all day and knowing who is accessible to assist with getting the job done. I really enjoyed hearing from a terminal manager, "Man, I'm glad you were working today!" – less
Great work enviroment
Marketing/Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2012
Pros: gained knowledge of transportation
Cons: too far from home.
This was a great experience for me learning about transportation and the routes.
Good company
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2012
Promotes from within. Able to transfer to other departments, which encoyrages learning new things.
Travel done your way
Ticket sales agent/FNS (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2012
This was a fun way to travel and assist peole going home or to visit others.
Fun and interesting
Traveling Ticket Agent/Booker Agent (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 21, 2012
Pros: all the good restaurant were close to the station.
Cons: short staffed at all times.
Everyday was about helping traveling passengers. I learned how to work under stressful days. Everything was hard about this job everyday was a challenge. The amazing part was that at the end all passenger were happy.
Good company to work for
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2012
Pros: free bus rides
Cons: putting in long hours
check on passengers load and unload buses of baggage,I learned how to move buses the Management was fun to work with I had a lot of nice co-workers getting the buses out on schedule we were all a team we all worked hard at whatever we did at work.
Productivity and fun place to work.
2910 N. Boulevard Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 8, 2012
Pros: experience in: microsoft windows, microsoft word, power point, word prefect, payroll system
Cons: two 15mins and 1hr lunch break, great healthcare benefits
A typical day at work started out checking the computer for daily and weekly task. Answering multi-line telephone, place bi-weekly schedules in the computer, set up interviews, cross trained to work in accounting, provided services to my manager as well as all management within Richmond, VA. Terminal (Hub). I've learned the ins and outs of the transportation – more... business, how to communicate with people of all nationalities and how to prioritize each day in a productive manner. I've worked with managers such as; Terminal Manager, Field Manager, and Driver's Operation Manager all with great communication skills. Co-workers were very respectful to me, provided any all information they needed at any given time. My hardest part of the job was to try and learn all the different attitudes from management down to co-workers on a daily basis and how to provide great communications skills when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job; I was the Team Leader of the Greyhound Lines Committee and Captain of the Bowling Team, provided all travel arrangements and set all events held at the Terminal, etc... – less
HR Sourcer/Recruiter (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 8, 2012
Pros: work-life balance, great managers and great workplace
Cons: n/a
The company is cultured and the environment is a plus for any employee.
Productive high performance call center/operations work environment
Sr. Manager National Customer Service (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 7, 2012
Pros: flexability
Cons: lack of technology
I oversee a fast paced customer centered call center environment that empowers employees to be operationally efficient and to give great attention and service to our customers. My job is to oversee each aspect and to keep the train on the tracks.
If you like to drive and experience new places this is it.
Motor-Coach Operator - Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 27, 2012
Pros: driving
Cons: benefits
Good company to work for. Driving is enjoyable. The hardest part of this job is being away from family. The benefits aren't much. You pay more out of pocket. It is a union based job. Their is a comradre that is excellent. You meet a lot of different people from everywhere and these are just your co-workers!
Layed back attitude, and great guidelines to follow.
Lead Operations (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 24, 2012
Pros: no manager over my back making sure i do my job.
Cons: working nights, weekends, hoildays, and no more room for advacment.
A typical work day starts at ten o'clock pm. I have worked the night shift since I have started there.
I have learned all kind of new things, and have enjoyed every minute of it. I started from a platform agent, to a ticket agent, then to an operations lead.
The management staff we have is great set of people that know there job, and do it amazingly.
The – more... co-workers I work with work extremely hard cause they know there is room for advacment, when they work hard.
The hardest part of my job is working with the public at times, and the second hardest part of my job is learning all the different routes people can go to connect with there bus they have missed. The most enjoyable part of my job is the layed back attitude we work hard, but we have fun while we do it. – less
Can be a GREAT Job if management relaxes its demeanor towards its employees.
Professional Coach Operator (Current Employee), West CoastApril 20, 2012
Pros: fun traveling, meeting new people, being in the outdoors.
Cons: constant being monitored, (surveilance) by technology, and managements intimidation, and denial of pay issues, etc.
Work days are for the most part are enjoyable as you work with and interact with the public. You treat them with respect and kindness and you get the same in return. I've learned this over the years when you sometimes just don't want to deal with the public. Driving long stretches of the highway day in and day out can have take its toll on you, but – more... the key is plenty of rest and a healthy lifestyle. The worst part of the job is when you breakdown (occasionally) on the road in the middle of nowhere and have to wait hours for relief sometimes in austere weather conditions and passengers are upset. My co-workers are the greatest and its is a pleasure to have such friends to work with. We literally are all in the same boat together and treat each other very well. Managements ideology and respect has faltered over the last couple of years probaly related to a slow recovery of the economy and its ridership. Fuel cost have skyrocketed, ridership is slowing and is effecting labor relations between labor and management. Hopefully better days are a coming! – less
i enjoyed my 19 yrs
maintenance supervisor (Former Employee), los angeles caMarch 7, 2012
good company to work for. Good management staff. the only bad thing is you have to work weekends and holidays.
Great place to work if you like to travel and get paid to do so.
Driver, Supervisor, Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GA, Birmingham, AL, Montgomery, ALJanuary 5, 2012
Pros: free relocation and travel.
Cons: see the states from the ground.
Greyhound gives you a great opportunity to meet people from all over the world, while earning a decent living traveling throughout the USA. The expectations of excellence is rated at the very top for the best service and safety driven minded employees.
Greayhound is a company of great customer service.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), 1716 E. 7th StreetDecember 31, 2011
Pros: opportunities for advancement.
Cons: they do not like union.
Greyhound is a great place to work at. It is perfect for a persn with great expectations for great future.
It was a great place to work.
Driver Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PA and Atlantic City, NJDecember 29, 2011
Pros: overtime is possible.
Cons: can not always rest properly.
It was a hard job that I did well. Unfortunitely I dealt with others that made more money than I and lied to keep the heat off of themselves by lying on others. I was not liked by one manager and it took it total on my employment. It resulted in me being setup to be fired. I loved the job and most of the management team and other employees. I had planned – more... to make a career of it. – less