Greyhound Employee Reviews

Sad Place To Work
Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 15, 2017
If you like too kiss *ss, this is the perfect place to work. I love the customers but feel sorry they have to rely on such an unreliable bus company. Most of the management are childish and rude. If you like to gossip, talk about people, be lied to please apply.
Pros
In Oakland
Cons
Low pay
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2017
Needs improvement with management. The location needs staffing and a little more organization. I enjoyed working there for 5 years. I learned a lot working there.
good place to start
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2017
greyhound is a large company that has a lot of room for growth. it is now unionized and is even better than before. It offers great benefit and a retirement plan.
Interacting with customers and meeting they needs
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 10, 2017
I love helping people and communicating with my customers. I learned a lot with this company such as how many people travel everyday. Everybody who I worked with was a team player and we all loved our job. I am a people's person so I get along with everybody and I love engaging with my customers.
Its a great place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 10, 2017
The company is good place to work you just have to have great customer service skill and a lot of patience to deal with different people . The management team is always there to help you succeed in achieving your goals
No life in this job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2017
Work is not safe in my opinion, they can call on you every nine hours from the time you log in to your destination. So if it takes an hour to get to the hotel and another hour to eat shower and get to bed and then wake up to be at the terminal or station again on time. You are driving on about five to six hours of sleep most of the time, and we are on call 24/7 365 days of the year.
Pros
decent pay not great
Cons
no life
Awesome workplace and great environment to have successful career
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2017
I worked plenty of hours and traveled to different areas in US and Canada. You learn a lot from them with customer care and traveling. Have great management in the locations.
Great locations
Bus operator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2017
Working for greyhound is good but could be more organized with locations and pay for example if you work in Philadelphia, stick to the locations assigned. Instead we go further and further. Remember we have families to get back to. A job is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, getting to the pay now ! We have to find a way to stop chasing our money meaning drivers Call every time there a delay, bump off run ,two many nights in hotel, deadheads etc what's wrong with one flat rate? Now the bus cleaners needs a little boost in pay too times are hard for sure now .but,, NO CUSTOMER would want to begin to ride a dirty bus ..dirty bus equals no greyhound.and no greyhound is a problem, so give credit where credit is due. It's due to the cleaners because its first impression. So pay the cleaners a descent pay so that people would really enjoy greyhound. And hire managers that really know the meaning of a workplace fun and enjoyable. Not miserable and slave driven like pharoah and Moses days.
Pros
Managers really need to respect the people they hire.
Cons
Easy to get fired beware
The customers bring joy to my heart
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 26, 2017
A typical day at Greyhound was trying to get all buses out on time. Working with people who had all different personalities.. Keeping the customers happy even when their buses were delayed was the hardest. I would have hundreds of people upset, and I had to find a way to please our customers. "Happy customers are the best customers".

I enjoyed the employees. We all got along fine. No one brought their personal problems to work. We learned how to stay very professional at all times. When you are a Supervisor I learned that my employees looked up to me.

I enjoyed keeping everyone safe , in a well kept clean place of business.
Pros
Greyhound feeds passengers when schedules are late going out. If we had elders, or children we would place them in a hotel.
Cons
Pay could be higher for the responsibilities you have.
good people
ticket agent (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 20, 2017
a typical day is always not typical there is always something different . I enjoy my work and the people there are wonderful I am a lead ticket agent so I delegate my coworkers to do there job.
It was an ok work place.
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2017
Working at greyhound was okay but mangment could have been a lot better. They needed to get more help so the pressure wouldn't fall on one person.
Great co workers but management sucks
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2017
There's a lot of favoritism. Never no supervisor insight when there's a issue. Never enough employees to get a proper break. No communication. Too much drama
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No breaks and a lot of favoritism no union
Ok but discrimination against women pretty bad.
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Supervised, dispatched greyhound bus drivers for work schedules. Managed inventory, payroll verification, used boss, trips, Amadeus, basis route accounting system. Tickets, voids, exchanges conducted.
Challenging and fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 5, 2017
Deal with shipment, customer luggage, ticket, informed customers of bus schedule, locate lost or misplaced shipment or luggage, communicate with other locations regarding any situations that might arise.
Pros
Good communication and collaboration
Cons
Lack of flexibility
an overall nice place to work
Interim Terminal Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 3, 2017
in the past Greyhound has promoted from within. you can start entry level and end up in management, flexibility and able to multitask are very important as cross training to fill in an empty position for a day or for a few hours and then return to original task.
Pros
free travel and meeting a diverse group of individuals
Cons
short or no breaks.
athmosphere full of different traveling around the country
Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 30, 2017
Come to work provide customer service and ensure that customers receive the the information that they are looking for and provide quality food for different prices
Lying, thieving cluster...
Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 24, 2017
Find something else to do with your life. You get no support, they steal your money, their equipment is not serviced, the job is detrimental to your health. It's not the job you think it is.
fun
Lead Agent and Terminal Train (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 24, 2017
Many different thing to learn, always on your toes kinda place due to the location, customers from so many backgrounds came thru. We had to make sure people were on time to there destination, If not we would accommodate them. It was hard at times but many understood we can only do so much. Got to meet great people to work for.
Make lots of freinds, good money, and long hours away! Stay positive and enjoy the people and travel! Lots of training required and on-going when you
Motor Coach Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2017
Lots of work during summer and holidays! If u hustle you an make extra income on the extra-board. this job is not for everybody. If married, you can be expected to gone for several days at a time! U will get tired and they still will be calling you to work...because of a shortage of drivers in many locations. Just be aware that there are pluses and minuses to every job. If you can tolerate the minuses' you can make a tidy nest egg for yourself. There are slow periods as well, not many, but some. There you can catch a breather! I survived 25 yrs, but I worked my way up with seniority and had a regularly scheduled run for almost 24 of those years. Good Company if you don't mind working as much as they need you too.
Pros
Decent income
Cons
often overworked and tired
Downside
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2017
Downside of being a Greyhound employee.
Employee work related disability supplements necessary after a life changing experience though know fault of Him/Her.
Pros
Family Atmosphere.
Cons
Abandement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greyhound. Our community is ready to answer.

72%