Greyhound Employee Reviews

Most of the employees were great to work with but really poor morale
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2017
Most of the employees were great to work with. The downside was the customer service was not the best. The equipment was usually in disrepair and the schedules were late. Very old computer systems and bad working conditions for those at the front counter. This caused problems which the upper management rarely addressed which stresses out the few good people they have working there. A lot of the times the employees weren't appreciated and complaints and concerns weren't addressed in a timely manner. In just days you fell like you either don't belong or that you feel you should find other employment.
Pros
Some of the employees aare good people to work with
Cons
Upper management does not do appreciate employees, upper management does not take action to provide a safe working enviroment.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 13, 2017
always made sure bus was road ready before leaving to be patient all mangers are great there was really nothing hard about the job I love meeting new people and that is always a good day for me.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothinf
Commercial driver
GREYHOUND COACH DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 10, 2017
Checking people, freight and luggade oo and off the coaches at each destination greyhound serves. You never know what shift you will be on or route most of the time so over the 7 years I have been from key west to new york city and as far west as the mississippi river driving a greyhound. Driver supervvisors were always former drivers thankfully , but middle and upper management made their decisions from book learning,, which sometimes clashes with real life situations.
Pros
Ride for free
Cons
Very sedentary life style
Was able to work to make money and do my homework at the same tim
Office Assistant/Reports Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 5, 2017
I loved this job. I had the best bosses, the pay wasn't that great nor did I have benefits but this was the best job I have had in my life. It could be so busy at one moment the rest of my shift I wouldn't have anything to do. This was a second part time job that worked while I worked fulltime at a different job.
Just as bad as trucking
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 1, 2017
You're never home unless someone dies and you manage to move up in seniority. Management treats you like you're a child. They expect you to do whatever they ask because "it's a direct order".
Pros
Meet people
Cons
Management, no real time at home
Excellent
GPX Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 29, 2017
Quality work balance. On the job training. Professional interaction with internal and external customers. Excellent performance reviews.

Employee recognition. Special awards.
Pros
Free travel. Constant training
Cons
Work holidays
my job
Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 27, 2017
i enjoy working at greyhound cause i meet new people daily. i assist customers with purchases for bus tickets to travel near and far all over the united states.
If was fun to be talking to people on the phone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 26, 2017
Busy sometimes. many times sending us home
I learned to be helpful, patient, team player
Management was OK.
The culture was respectful
Angry customers
Drive bus and dispatch
Driver/Supervisor/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 22, 2017
the job would take me 800 miles away from home and would put me in rooms that were available for days at a time and burn my log hours completely up every day. 7 days a week 24 hours a day, some days I would drive 900 miles. very tired and dangerous.
Pros
I would meet people from all over the country and loved helping them.
Cons
dangerously tired and gone from home for weeks some times.
Extremely boring
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  BinghNovember 20, 2017
A workday at Greyhound had no set pattern aside from the bus schedule. Workers are typically kept in the dark about breakdowns, weather conditions affecting schedules and buses being late.
Pros
Free travel on Greyhound
Cons
Low pay for far too much work. Uncaring management
Overrated company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 18, 2017
I thought this woukd be a great job to advance your career in but found out that it wasn't. Management seems to pick on you and you don't get many hours to live on. I never made full time the whole time I was there.
Pros
Location, great coworkers
Cons
Lack of hours, management
fight for your money
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 16, 2017
hand to fight to get all your pay, the maps are wrong, and old fashioned but they were supposed to go to GPS like the rest of the planet. so they may have by now.
Pros
when they didn't fight you, the pay is good.
Cons
Productive and busy always. They has lunch giving on certain occasion.
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 10, 2017
A typical day at work , morning were always busy because people like traveling more in the morning so pace was very with different personality you would have customer scheduling and rerouting there schedules or home tickets wasn't printing. I learned to be patient and smile even if you didn't want to. Workplace culture was very good at helping out. The hardest part of my job was to get customer to understand and to be patient when their schedule bus are not on time. The most enjoyable part of the job when all schedules are on time. That made customers happy and the job easier.
Pros
I love working with people, when schedules was late we would feed our customer.
Cons
Keeping all schedules on time
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 6, 2017
This compant was a great company to work for a couple of yrs ago, not sure how it is now but it was fun and kept a person on their toes.

Great people and great benefits
Philadelphia, PA Terminal
Lead Supervisor Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2017
The Philadelphia Terminal is an interesting place due to it's location and transfer points. The open positions are entry level they are most beneficial for those who are beginning their work history or are looking for reasonable part time employment. The non management positions are covered by a collective bargaining agreement with the Teamsters. The supervisor positions are 'at will' employment.
There is room to advance to first level management but if you are interested in moving further along in the company relocation is likely the route you will have to take to pursue advancement.
The starting pay for most positions is not competitive. Due to the low starting pay the job attracts many younger persons. The plus with that is the youthful energy they bring to the workplace, the minus is the low starting pay tends to create high turnover.
A wonderful place to work if you have no life or prefer to not be at home.
Professional Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 26, 2017
It is a wonderful job if you love to drive and hate to be home. There isn't a lot of free time. I found myself sleeping or driving OR preparing to sleep or drive.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Not enough time between schedules for extraboard drivers.
You get to meet a lot of people going in and out of the state of South Carolina
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 24, 2017
Nice laid-back job easy to do if you follow directions manager is fair in okay opportunity to meet all sorts of different people that's come in and out of Columbia South Carolina
Pros
You get 1 hour lunches
Cons
Loan breaks for long hard work
Could be a great JOB
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
but it is badly managed. it need a huge change. All they care about is that you leave on time and arrive on time. Like mi title said it could be a great job if it was on right hands.
Scary
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 17, 2017
Was very stressful very busy people that could be very rude loud and abusive I knew that they were just tired tho suffered burnout very quickly have to know Spanish
Stressful & Unattainable Goals
Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2017
Company needs more resources and has changed tremendously since hitting their 100 year mark. The atmosphere is very stressful and needs to be addressed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greyhound. Our community is ready to answer.