Greyhound Employee Reviews

Great locations
Bus operator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2017
Working for greyhound is good but could be more organized with locations and pay for example if you work in Philadelphia, stick to the locations assigned. Instead we go further and further. Remember we have families to get back to. A job is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, getting to the pay now ! We have to find a way to stop chasing our money meaning drivers Call every time there a delay, bump off run ,two many nights in hotel, deadheads etc what's wrong with one flat rate? Now the bus cleaners needs a little boost in pay too times are hard for sure now .but,, NO CUSTOMER would want to begin to ride a dirty bus ..dirty bus equals no greyhound.and no greyhound is a problem, so give credit where credit is due. It's due to the cleaners because its first impression. So pay the cleaners a descent pay so that people would really enjoy greyhound. And hire managers that really know the meaning of a workplace fun and enjoyable. Not miserable and slave driven like pharoah and Moses days.
Pros
Managers really need to respect the people they hire.
Cons
Easy to get fired beware
No advancement
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92805January 4, 2017
Greyhound it was a very easy job but it has no place for advancement and no benefits. Also it doesn't work with life balance because it is a place were we have to work 6-7 days a week.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
No days off
Reasonable Employment
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2016
The job pays the bills, but there are many opportunities for improvement. Supervisors' salaries are less than the pay for mechanics and working foremen, but with greater responsibilities and higher expectations. Logistics and workflow are challenging, particularly in the area of parts procurement.

On the positive side, there are a lot of good people in the organization, and there is definitely a culture that values retaining and developing employees. I have worked for far worse companies.
Pros
Stable, reliable employment
Cons
Low pay, long hours, terrible location
Productive workplace
Airwatch MDM Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Excellent place to work,Included in all aspects of your job and career. You are given the tools to make your work life enjoyable.
Great management staff
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 14, 2016
I enjoyed working under the current management staff. They are very flexible with their employees. The salary is mid-range relative to nearby competitors.
Great Employees
Lead Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2016
Assisting customers in purchasing tickets, directing to proper gates and assuring they had a pleasant experience. Great company and employees, horrible management. The hardest part was notifying customers that their were no buses or drivers...not cool. The most rewarding was helping customers to reach their destinations, especially when I had to reroute them. Seeing their faces light up was amazing, i will soon not forget.
Pros
Free Trips
Cons
Late Buses, no schedules to transfer to.
Loved it
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2016
Loved working at greyhound. Great management and o workers. Went from cleaning out buses to the lead tire tech. Hardest part of the job was not having all the supplies to complete a job.
Pros
Good benefits
an overall nice place to work
Interim Terminal Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 3, 2017
in the past Greyhound has promoted from within. you can start entry level and end up in management, flexibility and able to multitask are very important as cross training to fill in an empty position for a day or for a few hours and then return to original task.
Pros
free travel and meeting a diverse group of individuals
Cons
short or no breaks.
The Corporate Management is great!
Custondian/Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 16, 2016
They really deserve this rating as far as the higher management (Corporate) When there was a major problem going on with me being harassed on the job they didn't do me wrong, in fact they launched a major investigation and got rid of the right people. They really got their stuff together. The only feed back I like to give them is just really make sure that the lower management (managers of each individual station) is doing a good job and treating their employees right. But other than that, to the people in Corporate keep up the great work!
Pros
Corportate really do what is right by my standards.
Cons
Check on the station managers and employees more often.
Good place
foreman and mechanic responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 17, 2017
I gave a previous review of this company, the company was ok to work for a lot of good people work there, the management there is not great and I do not think a lot of the people have had much experience in doing so
Make lots of freinds, good money, and long hours away! Stay positive and enjoy the people and travel! Lots of training required and on-going when you
Motor Coach Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2017
Lots of work during summer and holidays! If u hustle you an make extra income on the extra-board. this job is not for everybody. If married, you can be expected to gone for several days at a time! U will get tired and they still will be calling you to work...because of a shortage of drivers in many locations. Just be aware that there are pluses and minuses to every job. If you can tolerate the minuses' you can make a tidy nest egg for yourself. There are slow periods as well, not many, but some. There you can catch a breather! I survived 25 yrs, but I worked my way up with seniority and had a regularly scheduled run for almost 24 of those years. Good Company if you don't mind working as much as they need you too.
Pros
Decent income
Cons
often overworked and tired
The customers bring joy to my heart
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 26, 2017
A typical day at Greyhound was trying to get all buses out on time. Working with people who had all different personalities.. Keeping the customers happy even when their buses were delayed was the hardest. I would have hundreds of people upset, and I had to find a way to please our customers. "Happy customers are the best customers".

I enjoyed the employees. We all got along fine. No one brought their personal problems to work. We learned how to stay very professional at all times. When you are a Supervisor I learned that my employees looked up to me.

I enjoyed keeping everyone safe , in a well kept clean place of business.
Pros
Greyhound feeds passengers when schedules are late going out. If we had elders, or children we would place them in a hotel.
Cons
Pay could be higher for the responsibilities you have.
Yes, if you like drama
Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30318December 20, 2016
One word that can sum of Greyhound... UNPROFESSIONAL! Management will sit up and gossip with their employees about other employees. Honestly speaking that's all it really is... a place of rumors and mudslinging. I guess the reason behind that is because they will truly hire anyone right off the street.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Unprofessional-ism, Gossiping
Its a great place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 10, 2017
The company is good place to work you just have to have great customer service skill and a lot of patience to deal with different people . The management team is always there to help you succeed in achieving your goals
Sad Place To Work
Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 15, 2017
If you like too kiss *ss, this is the perfect place to work. I love the customers but feel sorry they have to rely on such an unreliable bus company. Most of the management are childish and rude. If you like to gossip, talk about people, be lied to please apply.
Pros
In Oakland
Cons
Low pay
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 14, 2017
Needs improvement with management. The location needs staffing and a little more organization. I enjoyed working there for 5 years. I learned a lot working there.
Good for a chance to get more experience and learn more
Greyhound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2017
A good place to learn more about customer service and how to properly carry yourself as a Customer service representative.
Pros
Company bought lunches
Cons
Bad management, poorly engineered and no effort into employee organization
Awesome workplace and great environment to have successful career
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2017
I worked plenty of hours and traveled to different areas in US and Canada. You learn a lot from them with customer care and traveling. Have great management in the locations.
Excellent
City General Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 20, 2016
Very professional and great benefits. Its a family environment. Secure job and has the ability for growth, They have a great training and provides goo safe environment for all employees and customers.
Pros
EXecellent
Cons
No cons.
New supervision necessary
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Management needed a complete overhaul. The job in itself was a good position, but dealing with the confusion within management was too much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greyhound. Our community is ready to answer.

72%