Greyhound Employee Reviews

Great Employees
Lead Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2016
Assisting customers in purchasing tickets, directing to proper gates and assuring they had a pleasant experience. Great company and employees, horrible management. The hardest part was notifying customers that their were no buses or drivers...not cool. The most rewarding was helping customers to reach their destinations, especially when I had to reroute them. Seeing their faces light up was amazing, i will soon not forget.
Pros
Free Trips
Cons
Late Buses, no schedules to transfer to.
Every day the job of moving the buses get done.
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2016
Working at Greyhound is an experience in itself. I learn how to deal with everyday people as they come and go, Sometimes the bosses can get on your nerves. My co-workers are fine with me, Dealing with some of the customers can get nerveracking at times, and that is the challenge of the job. Quitting time is the best time of the day.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Irate Customers
an overall nice place to work
Interim Terminal Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 3, 2017
in the past Greyhound has promoted from within. you can start entry level and end up in management, flexibility and able to multitask are very important as cross training to fill in an empty position for a day or for a few hours and then return to original task.
Pros
free travel and meeting a diverse group of individuals
Cons
short or no breaks.
If you have a family, this is not the job for you!!
Greyhound Driver (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 7, 2016
This is a very demanding job requiring you to be at any moment for dispatch to call you out. The most of the fellow drivers are wonderful people and really love what they are doing and are a joy to be around are of great support when things get rough.
Pros
Making friends
Cons
No family life, no personal life, constantly don't know what you will be doing the next day....or couple of hours.
Make lots of freinds, good money, and long hours away! Stay positive and enjoy the people and travel! Lots of training required and on-going when you
Motor Coach Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2017
Lots of work during summer and holidays! If u hustle you an make extra income on the extra-board. this job is not for everybody. If married, you can be expected to gone for several days at a time! U will get tired and they still will be calling you to work...because of a shortage of drivers in many locations. Just be aware that there are pluses and minuses to every job. If you can tolerate the minuses' you can make a tidy nest egg for yourself. There are slow periods as well, not many, but some. There you can catch a breather! I survived 25 yrs, but I worked my way up with seniority and had a regularly scheduled run for almost 24 of those years. Good Company if you don't mind working as much as they need you too.
Pros
Decent income
Cons
often overworked and tired
Yes, if you like drama
Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30318December 20, 2016
One word that can sum of Greyhound... UNPROFESSIONAL! Management will sit up and gossip with their employees about other employees. Honestly speaking that's all it really is... a place of rumors and mudslinging. I guess the reason behind that is because they will truly hire anyone right off the street.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Unprofessional-ism, Gossiping
Benefit Specialist At Greyhound /ATU
Benefit Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2016
A typical day involved providing customer service from the 800#.
Providing health & welfare benefit information the Union employees. Traveling to different locations for New Hires Presentation.

I had the pleasure working with great Managers & CoWorkers.
Hardest part was being laid off due to Closure Shut Down.
Pros
Excellent environment for growth & knowledge
Cons
Small office taking home work
fun
Lead Agent and Terminal Train (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 24, 2017
Many different thing to learn, always on your toes kinda place due to the location, customers from so many backgrounds came thru. We had to make sure people were on time to there destination, If not we would accommodate them. It was hard at times but many understood we can only do so much. Got to meet great people to work for.
always fun coworkers always were fun
Station Attendant/ overnight manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2016
good experience the coworkers were fun to hang around and work with. there were good food. good hours. good pay. good working environment. help customers with their tickets n lining up. what I liked about this job the enjoyment the customer came with a smile o their faces everyday loving the joy that was in their hearts.
Cons
Great place to work and learn
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2016
Every day is different. People skills are crucial. The hardest aspect of the job is not being able to assist everyone with complaints that arise. Having general knowledge of the United States, Canada and Mexico travel guidelines is a wonderful part of customer service that I can offer to guest using our services.
Challenging and fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 5, 2017
Deal with shipment, customer luggage, ticket, informed customers of bus schedule, locate lost or misplaced shipment or luggage, communicate with other locations regarding any situations that might arise.
Pros
Good communication and collaboration
Cons
Lack of flexibility
The Corporate Management is great!
Custondian/Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 16, 2016
They really deserve this rating as far as the higher management (Corporate) When there was a major problem going on with me being harassed on the job they didn't do me wrong, in fact they launched a major investigation and got rid of the right people. They really got their stuff together. The only feed back I like to give them is just really make sure that the lower management (managers of each individual station) is doing a good job and treating their employees right. But other than that, to the people in Corporate keep up the great work!
Pros
Corportate really do what is right by my standards.
Cons
Check on the station managers and employees more often.
Good for a chance to get more experience and learn more
Greyhound Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2017
A good place to learn more about customer service and how to properly carry yourself as a Customer service representative.
Pros
Company bought lunches
Cons
Bad management, poorly engineered and no effort into employee organization
great job love the people I work with
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 13, 2017
Enjoy my time working for a great company gave me an opportunity to learn new things and how to get along with everyone. It teaches you the value of a great attitude can change someone life if they having a bad day.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
business was slow
productive working day
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2016
learning the 5 boroughs and safely trasporting passengers to and from their destination.Typically ran into regular new york city traffic had to figure alternate routes throughout the city.
Pros
meeting interesting people daily
Cons
poor communication within the workplace
greyhound
Professional Motorcoach Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2016
Provided safe on-time driving, excellent customer service, dependability, and professionalism to customers. Responsible for moving/lifting baggage and packages weighing as much as 100 lbs. Also required to complete detailed records of passenger, driving log, and safety
Pros
uniform
Cons
pay
Like a vacation, love it
Greyhound Driver (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 28, 2016
When they called me in to work it was typically early morning, waiting for bus to come in. Once in I would check the bus over doing a safety pre-trip. Check the terminal for the passengers. I would call the destination of my route and the passengers would line up. I would welcome them to greyhound and gather their ticket to board the bus. The best thing I learned is that we can all work together, passengers as well as the co-workers. The people I work with were great. We would tell stories of our trip there and back. I loved to drive that is my thing I enjoyed the most as well as talking to my passengers while getting on the bus. The roughest was getting up in the wee mornings to take a 4:30 or 5:30 bus run.
Pros
meeting new people, travel free, no real route
Cons
number of hours of sleep(little), no real route
Great co workers but management sucks
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2017
There's a lot of favoritism. Never no supervisor insight when there's a issue. Never enough employees to get a proper break. No communication. Too much drama
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No breaks and a lot of favoritism no union
Ok but discrimination against women pretty bad.
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Supervised, dispatched greyhound bus drivers for work schedules. Managed inventory, payroll verification, used boss, trips, Amadeus, basis route accounting system. Tickets, voids, exchanges conducted.
Greyhound
Biingual Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 14, 2016
Greyhound gave me the opportunity to grow as a person and in my career...I started as a Telephone Information Center (TIC) at GLI Corporate Office giving out fare and schedule information and was able to move up to Customer Service/Claims Department, Greyhound Package Express and then IT where I learned to love this field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greyhound. Our community is ready to answer.