Greyhound Employee Reviews in United States

wonderful place to work
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 5, 2016
Greyhound’s iconic brand is synonymous with affordable long distance travel in North America and a unique national network.

Founded in 1914, Greyhound Lines, Inc. is the largest provider of intercity bus transportation, serving more than 3,800 destinations across North America with a modern, environmentally friendly fleet. It has become an American icon, providing safe, enjoyable and affordable travel to nearly 18 million passengers each year in the United States and Canada. The Greyhound running dog is one of the most-recognized brands in the world.

While Greyhound is well known for its regularly scheduled passenger service, the company also provides a number of other services for its customers. Greyhound Package Express service offers value-priced same-day and early-next-day package delivery to thousands of destinations in North America. And the company also offers charter packages for businesses, conventions, schools and other groups at competitive rates.

Greyhound has additional operating entities: BoltBus, serving the Northeast and Western regions of the United States; and YO! Bus, which serves Chinatown markets in the Northeast. In 2010, the company launched its premium city-to-city service, Greyhound Express, and has since quickly expanded the popular service to more than 100 markets across North America. It also operates Greyhound Connect, a service that connects rural communities to larger Greyhound markets in the United States.

In addition, Greyhound has interline partnerships with a number of independent bus lines across the United States. These bus companies
  more... provide complementary service to Greyhound Lines' existing schedules and link to many of the smaller towns in Greyhound Lines' national route system.

Amtrak passengers use Greyhound to make connections to cities not served by rail on Amtrak Thruway service by purchasing a ticket for the bus connection from Amtrak in conjunction with the purchase of their rail ticket. Passengers may also buy a bus ticket directly from Greyhound.

Greyhound is owned by FirstGroup plc, the leading transport operator in the United Kingdom and North America. Its vision: to provide solutions in an increasingly congested world, keeping people moving and communities prospering. With revenues of more than £6.9 billion per annum and about 120,000 employees, the company transports more than 2.5 billion passengers every year.
nice workplace
Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 3, 2016
A typical day at work has varies up and downs. I've learned the essence of being on time and correct scheduling. Our management team its ok i guess has a couple of kinks that could be worked out.
I absolutely love my co-workers the relationship i have with them is like I've known them a life time. The hardest part of my job is when we get late buses and have to reschedule hundreds of people and we don't have anything available. The thing i enjoy about my job is meeting new people from all backgrounds.
Cons
can be very stressful
awesome
Charter Coordinator/Sales (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 31, 2016
great people to work for in Dallas TX
great work environment
they had a great way with employees and were involved in day to day business,
Pros
people
Cons
dallas
Overall a great place to work
Auto Body Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 15, 2016
The scheduling was not the best when I was there, but pay was great. The people I worked with were great. You had job security. The work was always steady.
Good
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 7, 2016
I like to work there but manager started to cut hours and then day started to get crazy. No benefits. Co-worker good nice to work with them.
Pros
Cons
ok
My Duties
Janitorial Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2016
The job was easy and simple. Only thing I had to do was perform my duties and work quick during rush hours which became natural.
Pros
Discounts on everything and 3 buddy passes a year
Cons
Vacation Pay
Family away from family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2016
its great to have desirable work to perform. But it's even nicer to have desirable people performing the work. Friendly professional work environment. I learned quite a bit about how buses are tracked throughout the country and beyond...no easy task! Management team's skill level was on point. Even at high stress moments, they remained a joy to work with.
Pros
Family like atmosphere
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Do not go to work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2016
Worked in customer service. Main point of job was just to listen and document complaints. There did not seem to be any resolution to be offered to customers. It felt more like a hotline to calm people down than customer service. Working equipment such as computers, chairs and basic things like a microwave for employees were lacking. Management and HR were not in the same page. Personal safety was a big concern outside facility.,
Pros
Talking to people all over country.
Cons
Working environment, safety, not having tools to do job
Great Management/Employee relation environment but fast paced
Ticketing Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2016
A great employer with excellent management employee relations existing.

However, the environment was fast paced.

Will recommend to anyone who has enthusiasm and can work in a fast paced productive environment.

Co-workers were congenial

Hardest part was dealing with diverse customers who may have had a bad day.

Most enjoyable was problem solving and providing information to customers helping them resolve travel conflicts.
Pros
Free Metrocards every month, free travel to any destination the bus travels
Cons
one hr lunch a day
interesting
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2016
Transportation. Enjoyed driving the regional routes, however, there was no way to contact managment when on the road. Routes were well determined and customers generally well behaved.
Pros
Driving, customer service, customers
Cons
overnite stay housing
learned a lot from this company
Ticket Agent Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAFebruary 5, 2016
This company has great qualities and the culture is great. I was able to move up fast within the company. This company is fast pace and requires attentiveness.
Was a great part time college job.
Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 4, 2016
Working at the Eugene Greyhound station was a good job for me to work while attending college. I was able to work enough hours to pay bills but not so many that it interfered with my schooling. I worked with great people at my station who all worked very hard to ensure good customer satisfaction, but outside my station co-workers and supervisor, I was extremely disappointed with how the company runs itself internally. There is very little support for employees or customers to find resolution to problems. I usually had to be very creative to solve a customer issues, and sometimes had to stretch company rules and policies to their limits to do so. The level of service they promise is grossly inaccurate to the level of service they actually provide, and there are no fallback plans for general problems that arise during the course of normal business operations.
Pros
Flexable hours, good coworkers at the Eugene location.
Cons
Too many to list accurately.
to slow of pace
Bus Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTFebruary 3, 2016
wasn't challenging enough. most of the year there was only one bus to clean and 2 for a couple of months The staff and the bus drivers were nice.
Greyhound
Cith Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 2, 2016
Good company to work for. I have enjoyed my time with the company. The top company in over the road transportation for customers.
Do not work here
Former Member (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2016
As a former employee from the Dallas area i recommend that no one works for this company. I have been on the operations side of the company as well as the corporate side. The job itself is extremely easy but as for the people that you have to work with on a daily basis, they are completely rude and disrespectful. I had to step our of character to put a supervisor in her place because she likes to yell and disrespect employees in front of customers.And was even worse to the customers. They have security on the property that cant do their job as far as protecting the customers and employees because they "take their job too serious". The Dallas area has alot of homeless people as well as people that steal and sell drugs on the property. customers and employees have been robbed and nothing has been done. All these things i have seen for myself with the 3 years invested in the company.There should never be a work place that makes you feel that youre not appreciated and a work place where you have to protect yourself from the inside out!

I can honestly say there were some good people there while I was there but the good employees do not last long, Its the rude, disrespectful people that seem to linger around. I feel sorry for those that are actually good dedicated hard working people and have to work for a company that doesnt care about the safety of their customers or even the employees. The Dallas area is not a place i recommend to work.
Pros
You will be happy to NOT work here
Cons
Safety at risk
24 hour operating business
customer service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2016
Greyhound is a company that has been around for over a hundred years, so you would think compensation for its employees would be better. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people daily.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
compensation, benefits, not many incentives, i.e. bonuses or company picnics, and 24 hour operation
Fast paced learning environment
GPX-AGENT/PROFESSIONAL COACH OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 5, 2016
Greyhound lines helped me grow into a mainstreem of multi-culuralworld, with amazing benefits to follow! The managment was fair and the co-workers were absolutly fun to learn from. The hardest part
Pros
MULTI STOPS ALONG ROUTES
Cons
STRAINED WRIST
easy enviorment happy customers
Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Burlington, VTJanuary 2, 2016
great enviorment to work in employess are always energetic up and ready for work. The sytem is very easy to use and easy to learn. FAQ are easy to answer and most of everything is self explanitory
Great Company,Great Opportunities for Career Enhancement.
Bus Operator / Lead Customer Service. (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 1, 2016
Job could be very demanding at times due to fact you are dealing with the General Public at large, folks from ALL walks of life, some with Mental / Physical Disabilities, and with Federally Passed Companion Animals. First and foremost? Customer Service is what Rules Period, You really and truly get to do some wonderful life changing things for folks and feel in heaven afterwards, It is Rewarding Period, Hands Down.
Pros
Rewarding Customer Service.
Cons
Too many people slips between the crack so to speak, and gets left behind by GH-Drivers daily at rest ONLY stops.
I only was employed by New Jersey Transit. I was not an employee of Greyhound Lines, Inc.
Inspector - B (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2015
I retired one year and 3 months ago. Just looking for Two or Three days a week, a little something to do and extra money to do day trips.
Can be hard sometimes, but always be able to work it out.
Patients
Can and have worked on my own without management
Only one at a window at a time, first of the month is the easiest and we knew that working together at time of interview.
Getting to work and waiting for lunch, knowing that meant half of the shift was over.
I was employed by New Jersey Transit Only. They had a window for a Agent to sale tickets for daily, weekly,monthly and monthly passes
Greyhound Lines, Inc. that was their terminal.
I did not get the chance to meet the C.E.O.
I Loved my jobs at New Jersey Transit.