Greyhound Employee Reviews

stepping stone, not long term
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2017
you learn a lot, they're willing to teach you what you need to know. management is not really open to new ideas even though they say they are. they expect you to work a lot but not get paid much. constantly in "tight budget" and no raises even with record breaking sales.
Pros
good people/coworkers
Cons
no benefit
Fun work place
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 19, 2017
This was a good job to have. I enjoyed the staff and management. Everyone was inviting to me. I felt like one of the family very quickly. My training was great.
Relaxed but very FAST and Stressful
Ticket Agent/Reception/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 19, 2017
I enjoyed dealing with the public most of the time, although the environment was a uneasy stressful environment. The hardest part of the job was people being upset because they missed their schedule.
challenging and rewarding
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 17, 2017
Fun place to work with management that cared about your success. Tons of problem solving. Interaction with many employees across the nation. Great hours
somewhat nice place to work
BAGGAGE HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2017
at greyhound it can be a very stressful place to work at when customer buses are not on time and people get mad and angry at the company.. it can be ..........
Pros
free ridding
Cons
the customers
Not toally aweful
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2017
was told to ask questions if I had any then when I did told me to figure it out on my own
knew that I couldn't work overtime or after hours and expected me to be there early and well into the evening
Worst Bus Company Ever
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2017
This company is terrible you work yourself to death .management is the worst,I was a extra board driver when you drive and do a schedule you get 9 hours to rest then they can call you to do another job most of the hotels you stay in are dirty and lots of bed bugs. Busses are dirty and break down a lot and as for passengers they don't care about them once they get their money the morale is so bad I would rather work at Walmart DON'T WORK HERE YOU WILL REGERT IT.
Pros
Cons
Bad management bad hotels you dont get much sleep and busses that break down a lot.
Balanced paced,more work less pay
Greyhound Package Express (GPX) Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2017
Greyhound is an overall decent place but everything needs to be updated, they are out of date with everything. They are willing to work with you to make sure you have a set schedule if you go to school or have another job. The management is trying to make people do more work for the same or less pay.
Pros
Free food on holiday, metro cards, you get a bit more benefits if your full time
Cons
Dirty outdated facility, can get laid off without warning, bad management, disorganized
Driving
Motor coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2017
When you first start off your on the extra board so you are away from home. I loved doing this it was a great job to have the traveling is fun you get to go to places you have never been before, free hotel stays.
Pros
Pay, Uniforms, Traveling, Free Hotel stays
Cons
Extra board for a while
productive
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 5, 2017
good place to work, customer service skills, very good management in st.louis. traveling gets difficult sometimes. very enjoyable visiting different cities.
Very productive work environment
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2017
Typical day at work was checking in, inspecting the bus, reviewing required paperwork, going over route, loading passengers, driving passengers. I learned how to operate a motor coach with passengers. Management was receptive to driver issues. Workplace culture was very good with all Greyhound employees. The hardest part of the job was learning a new route using only maps. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually operating the bus.
Pros
Driver training
Cons
No parttime driver opportunities
Pruductive and fun place to work.
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMay 31, 2017
Greyhound was a great place to work at I got to meet people from all over the country because of the location I did not know so many people traveled by bus to go to Cedar Point.
It's a fun job for kid
Baggage handler (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 27, 2017
It's a fun job for a kid, but they say never work alone. When I was working I had to work alone on my last month. We had to work with customers, we cleaned, we picked up bags and freight.
Pros
Working with someone
Cons
Working alone
Fun place really enjoyed it
Baggage Handler/ ticket salesman (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 25, 2017
It was a good urban job it had it's percs daily I liked it me n my family worked there through the years it was nice people n workers the bus drivers especially
Pros
Leave without clocking out
Cons
U was your on security
Stressful
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMay 24, 2017
If you want to work hard, this is the job, but you will deal with management issues from different cities, no home life when you start, and no pension. You'll work like a machine at times or wont work until they need you and pray your bus doesn't break down. Barely any security so pray no passenger decides on getting dumb.
Work Culture
Accounting Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2017
The current work culture is basically you are a worker bee. Dont really see any room for developing growth. The overall culture here could be better if the workers bees were paid more, appreciated,
I enjoy working at Greyhound Lines
Bagage Handler (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 24, 2017
I like helping everyone. Listen and volunteer to work over time to stay help out my fellow workers. I was the safety person at Grand. Junction. Colorado.
Pros
Free travel to help out the drivers when I was traveling.
Fast Paced Work Enviroment
customer service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2017
Working at Greyhound requires that you must be able to multitask and be able to work on your own make quick decisions that both follow Greyhound policy and keep customers happy you also must have patience and willingness to learn about other departments in order to help fellow co-workers out when need be
Don't do it
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 21, 2017
Look this is the real about Greyhound if you like not spending time with your family or girlfriend and working 7 days a week, than this is your job cause it will consume your life and well being. You are gauranteed not to have weekends off no cookouts. So please look for another job especially if you have a CDL. Don't come to Greyhound please....Not worth it at all.....Do the city bus and get paid more and be home.
Pros
just having a job
Cons
Not enough money, no set days off or days off, and to many ways to lose money.
Manager Market/Revenue Analysis (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2017
Ability to grow professional and learn among the peers and management. enjoyed the opportunity to travel extensively to learn other areas and functions in the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greyhound. Our community is ready to answer.