Greyhound Employee Reviews

If you have a family, this is not the job for you!!
Greyhound Driver (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 7, 2016
This is a very demanding job requiring you to be at any moment for dispatch to call you out. The most of the fellow drivers are wonderful people and really love what they are doing and are a joy to be around are of great support when things get rough.
Pros
Making friends
Cons
No family life, no personal life, constantly don't know what you will be doing the next day....or couple of hours.
Every day the job of moving the buses get done.
Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2016
Working at Greyhound is an experience in itself. I learn how to deal with everyday people as they come and go, Sometimes the bosses can get on your nerves. My co-workers are fine with me, Dealing with some of the customers can get nerveracking at times, and that is the challenge of the job. Quitting time is the best time of the day.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Irate Customers
fun
Lead Agent and Terminal Train (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 24, 2017
Many different thing to learn, always on your toes kinda place due to the location, customers from so many backgrounds came thru. We had to make sure people were on time to there destination, If not we would accommodate them. It was hard at times but many understood we can only do so much. Got to meet great people to work for.
Greyhound
Biingual Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 14, 2016
Greyhound gave me the opportunity to grow as a person and in my career...I started as a Telephone Information Center (TIC) at GLI Corporate Office giving out fare and schedule information and was able to move up to Customer Service/Claims Department, Greyhound Package Express and then IT where I learned to love this field.
Fun and productive work place/
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 5, 2015
I have had a lot of fun working for Greyhound. Every place has its ups and downs, but overall this was a nice experience that i would definitely return to if I must. I had cool co-workers who helped me with the day to day routines and taught me how to stay calm on the road. It was a fun environment and some of the people turned out to be awesome. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the ability to travel to different places and also being able to explore if you stayed overnight. The hardest part of the job was dealing with dispatch. Never been a fan of telephone supervisors who can't see or understand what you are going through. I am in New York and your in Dallas and yet your telling me that my situation isn't true. Other than that it is a really nice job with a few sour grapes.
Pros
Free food at rest tsops with gus bus card, free rides, travel to different states, and good benefits.
Cons
On-call, might get stuck in a state, always packing a bag, seniority based, and the dispatchers
New supervision necessary
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Management needed a complete overhaul. The job in itself was a good position, but dealing with the confusion within management was too much.
great job love the people I work with
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 13, 2017
Enjoy my time working for a great company gave me an opportunity to learn new things and how to get along with everyone. It teaches you the value of a great attitude can change someone life if they having a bad day.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
business was slow
Benefit Specialist At Greyhound /ATU
Benefit Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2016
A typical day involved providing customer service from the 800#.
Providing health & welfare benefit information the Union employees. Traveling to different locations for New Hires Presentation.

I had the pleasure working with great Managers & CoWorkers.
Hardest part was being laid off due to Closure Shut Down.
Pros
Excellent environment for growth & knowledge
Cons
Small office taking home work
always fun coworkers always were fun
Station Attendant/ overnight manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2016
good experience the coworkers were fun to hang around and work with. there were good food. good hours. good pay. good working environment. help customers with their tickets n lining up. what I liked about this job the enjoyment the customer came with a smile o their faces everyday loving the joy that was in their hearts.
Challenging and fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 5, 2017
Deal with shipment, customer luggage, ticket, informed customers of bus schedule, locate lost or misplaced shipment or luggage, communicate with other locations regarding any situations that might arise.
Pros
Good communication and collaboration
Cons
Lack of flexibility
Great place to work and learn
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 3, 2016
Every day is different. People skills are crucial. The hardest aspect of the job is not being able to assist everyone with complaints that arise. Having general knowledge of the United States, Canada and Mexico travel guidelines is a wonderful part of customer service that I can offer to guest using our services.
Great co workers but management sucks
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2017
There's a lot of favoritism. Never no supervisor insight when there's a issue. Never enough employees to get a proper break. No communication. Too much drama
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No breaks and a lot of favoritism no union
productive working day
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2016
learning the 5 boroughs and safely trasporting passengers to and from their destination.Typically ran into regular new york city traffic had to figure alternate routes throughout the city.
Pros
meeting interesting people daily
Cons
poor communication within the workplace
24 hour operating business
customer service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2016
Greyhound is a company that has been around for over a hundred years, so you would think compensation for its employees would be better. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people daily.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
compensation, benefits, not many incentives, i.e. bonuses or company picnics, and 24 hour operation
Ok but discrimination against women pretty bad.
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Supervised, dispatched greyhound bus drivers for work schedules. Managed inventory, payroll verification, used boss, trips, Amadeus, basis route accounting system. Tickets, voids, exchanges conducted.
Downside
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2017
Downside of being a Greyhound employee.
Employee work related disability supplements necessary after a life changing experience though know fault of Him/Her.
Pros
Family Atmosphere.
Cons
Abandement
Greyhound
TICKET AGENT (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 21, 2016
The company was alright.... but could have been better in a LOT of areas. The company isn't organized when it comes to tracking buses and staying on time. A lot of my time was spent comforting the passengers because the buses seemed as if they were never going to show up. I enjoyed my co-workers and even though it wasn't the best experience I had a manager that was amazing. The issues that always seemed to unfold were out of his hands. The higher ups seem to understand that the system that they have in place is faulty but turn away and rip off the customers in the process.
Pros
The customers, management, and the smiles knowing you changed someones day.
Cons
Late buses, overloads, frustrated customers, and the luggage.
Good
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 7, 2016
I like to work there but manager started to cut hours and then day started to get crazy. No benefits. Co-worker good nice to work with them.
Pros
Cons
ok
Dont do it to yourself
Coach Operator/ Greyhound Academy Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville NCJuly 3, 2015
I worked for this company for 18 years and all I got was an injury, was forced to resign, poor salary, no motivation, top down form of management, unappreciative and rude and a dangerous work environment. I drove those buses with no security and was at the mercy of the elements or disturbed passengers and we were not allowed any weapons to defend ourselves. Buses were not well maintained and if you had an issue nothing would be done. Red tape and horrid conditions all around. My one regret is that I enjoyed serving my customers so much that I gave away 18 years. Stay away
Pros
A reputation as a good driver and a CDL
Cons
healthcare, insurance, retirement plan all horrible, pay sucks
athmosphere full of different traveling around the country
Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 30, 2017
Come to work provide customer service and ensure that customers receive the the information that they are looking for and provide quality food for different prices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greyhound. Our community is ready to answer.