Greystar Property Management Employee Reviews

Great Training Program
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 12, 2017
The only reason I left Greystar is because I needed to make more money and the hours I worked did not allow me to work a second job as a referee to supplement my income. I love the company, the values and the culture
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrison, NJDecember 12, 2017
It is a great company to work for. I enjoyed my time at greystar. I loved my co-workers and my residents. Due to a change in my personal life. I really enjoyed working with everyone.
Good Pay, Fun Peers!
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 11, 2017
Greystar is a high level corporation in property management and real estate that focuses on a strategic business profit model. It is ever-changing and growing and very exciting on a day to day basis. You will meet most of your peers just by working on different on-site locations and interacting with corporate.
Pros
Consistent work culture, great benefits
Cons
Lot of buy/sell and last minute changes to physical work location
good company to work for
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2017
I did enjoy working for Greystar properties. I learned a lot about new builds and lease ups. it was a good experience and I would work for them again.
Fast paced, stressful due to deadlines
Sr. Accountant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2017
Constant month end close for a portfolio of 10 apartment complexes across the US. Extremely fast paced and stressful. Benefits are excellent though.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Not enough time to resolve issues as they arise; work load
Large company that feels like a large company.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Parker, CODecember 5, 2017
The management at Greystar was impersonal at best and they show very little investment in their people. The hours and holiday/on call schedule was two weeks per month with nightly service calls making it a very demanding job.
Pros
Great tennants
Cons
Lack of organization and leadership from management
I believe Greystar is a 5 Star Company
Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 5, 2017
Excellent Company to work for! Goals were set & met. They believe in community & so does the staff. The company had team building events & always made sure that employee moral was up. Yes, we worked & all worked hard but we always had a good time. We were a TEAM!
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Relocation of the office was further from my home at the time
Corporate culture does not practice what they preach
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 30, 2017
Unfortunately, Greystar was tough to work for. Long hours, excessive reports, and unrealistic demands are sometimes expected, but Greystar takes them to the extreme, showing no appreciation for their team members.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Everything else
Terrible experience with this company
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 25, 2017
Absolutely terrible management, which is ironic as it is a management company. Too much off-site education and training. It's expensive and unnecessary for low level positions.
Fun while it lasted
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 20, 2017
I was very excited to start working at a Greystar property, but some months in I realized that when they don't like you, they don't like you. If you aren't part of the clique you find yourself only communicated with via e-mail so they can basically document every time you sneeze and build up a case to terminate you. It's hard to perform well when you feel like your employer is looking for a reason to get rid of you. My manager and regional liked to joke about everyone being replaceable AT TEAM BUILDING EVENTS. It seemed way off. The company itself was great. Hopefully you will find yourself in an office that isn't petty towards their leasing team.
Building Manager (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 20, 2017
Great company with mediocre pay. There is unlimited growth opportunity if you are willing to relocate. The company provides free healthcare which is rare these days. Each property has different ownership so every property operates a little different. There isn't a corporate feel which is nice. They give you some freedom but decision making is at a snail's pace.
Pros
growth
Cons
pay
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaNovember 18, 2017
I worked for Greystar for 11 years. I learned a lot with the training they offer and I enjoyed the company overall. I had a chance to meet so many people and enjoyed helping out at different communities. Greystar is a great company to work for.
Pros
Large Company
A lot of work for low payment
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 16, 2017
Greystar is so big it does not recognize when employees are going above an beyond for the company. They are solely focused on rewarding upper management for work that was done by someone else. Very low compensation for running an entire office with no recognition.
Need better managers
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Harrison, NJNovember 15, 2017
It's not bad but the managers play favoritism and get certain people to advance even if they are not qualified. I've noticed they don't like strong opinionated people to advance. The leasing professionals are all pretty cool. Management can be messy and unorganized.
Pros
They have a lot of properties
Cons
Seems like advancement is based on skin color and being favored over, having tenure and proper qualifications.
Okay place to work
Operations (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 8, 2017
The company means well but there is a lack of live work balance and a very stressful environment. They pay is decent but not for the stress that occurs.
All Around Good
IT CONSULTANT/COMMUNITY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 8, 2017
This place was a fun place to work. Good for meeting new people and working on "your people skills". Need to put in the work to get the reward, overall good company.
Good
Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 7, 2017
I have no review to make on this company. I loved the people and the job. I feel it is business. They could have offered me a nother position in the company.
Greystar Management
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 5, 2017
I need to advance quicker. I feel I am moving backwards with this company. There is a lot of hype. Haven't actually worked here long enough to know if this is accurate.
Pros
Large company
Growth Potential - Lacks Management
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 2, 2017
Working at Greystar was a both a positive and negative experience for me. I enjoyed the ongoing education programs they require for their employees. I also enjoyed the connections I made with my associates while employed. Unfortunately, Greystar seems to have their focus on maintaining their status as the largest management company. There was a lack of support at all levels and no one wanted to take accountability for their short-comings. The company did have decent benefits but did not pay as well as other companies, with relative regards to its size.

Overall, it was a learning experience I will take into consideration before working again for such a large company.
Pros
Internal education
Cons
Lacks support and development.
Great company to work for
Vista At Trappers Glen Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Great job but under staffNovember 2, 2017
I would check out the property before you accept the job some places are easer than other depending on experience I have had a few hard places to work at but made it through with the greystar team and Corporate help they have a great support team.
Pros
Great Benefits and support
Cons
Some properties are under staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greystar Property Management. Our community is ready to answer.