Greystar Property Management Employee Reviews

Large corporation with small management feel
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  DuPont, WADecember 2, 2016
I have worked with Greystar for over 4-years and if you are willing to put in hard work your management team will help you succeed. It is a great place to start out in property management because they will teach you from the ground up and help you continuously grow. Huge benefits along with normal pay increases and bonuses.
Great Team, Great Company
Porter/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 29, 2016
I work at the grant park village location and my coworkers are very nice, management is supportive and trained me very very well, and the owners are very nice, supportive, and kind hearted.The property is beautiful and i all around love my job.
Pros
Everyones super nice
Cons
Early mornings are a drag on me
Great place to work for.
Lead Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 29, 2016
I enjoyed working for their company, and the people that I worked with. My hours were good as well as the pay.

I would recommend this company to others.
Nice product, Narcissistic Upper Management
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 28, 2016
Having been involved in property management for many years, I accepted a position with Greystar with high hopes and regard. Those hopes were quickly deflated as the on site staff acted worse than teenage children in high school. Days were filled with drama, gossip behind employees backs, and blatant lies. Management was cliquish and made it clear that if you weren't on their drinking team, you weren't going to succeed or be promoted.Training was required but unobtainable. Maintenance dropped the ball on more than one occasion yet was never held accountable,eventually turning an A class property into a high C. Resident issues were left to fester and spread instead of being addressed accordingly. Fair housing laws were violated daily. A once beautiful property and a nice group of residents were the most enjoyable part of my job. The most difficult was watching laws be violated and unequal treatment of both residents and prospective residents. I respected myself and my own knowledge and values enough to walk away from the constant belittlement by upper management.
Pros
Great Residents
Cons
Narcissistic Upper Management, poorly tiered commission, awful healthcare package
Productive place to work.
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  North Bethesda, MDNovember 21, 2016
I love working for Greystar. The company prides itself on their core values. These values are practiced by the executive team, which in turn is trickled down the chain to the on-site communities. My leaders take my goals seriously and provide a challenging work environment to help me grow professionally.
high end very professional
Leasing Professional/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 16, 2016
greystar isa high end management company and very professional. i throughly enjoyed working for Greystar loved my fellow coworkers and i loved the property i was assigned to.
Love the Company
Leasing Professional (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 9, 2016
I love GREYSTAR as an Company. I respect their employee as an person and Not just one of the people They hired and that's why I love the Company as one.
Pinnacle AMS
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 3, 2016
Leasing was fun here I learned a lot with this company. Pay was small. Again another job about who you know to move up. The hard part was being on a tax credit community.
Pros
Training
Cons
Pay
Working with Residents and Prospects
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 1, 2016
Everyday is something new. Residents can be great or not so great. Managers do their own variance reports, executive summaries and month end. Co workers are work together as a team. The most challenging thing in thing in this student market is moving a large number of residents out and then getting a large number of residents back in all in a very short period of time. The best part of this job is meeting new people.
Great company
SKYWATER AT TOWN LAKE- COMMUNITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2016
Great company to work for, great opportunities. Offers opportunities throughout the united states as well as opportunities to work at a variety of different apartment types.
Fast-pace fun place to work
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 31, 2016
Greystar is a great place to work, lots of training, lots of out of the box thinkers. Long days but you get many rewards. Great leaders great benefits package and plenty of perks.
Pros
Desirable Locations
Cons
Fun work place, just not a very professional environment.
Lead Concierge / Day-time Concierge (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2016
Great work benefits, but the hierachy of work order is not very distinguished. All third party companies that i dealt with, were very professional. I'd recommend the company.
Great
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 24, 2016
This position was awesome for the fact if you like the outdoors your literally outside all the time. You get to see funny things through out the day it never gets boring.
Each property is handled differently, technology needs serious upgrades.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, MAOctober 24, 2016
Inconsistencies. Not an overabundance of emails. Not many dealings with Corporate. Help Desk along with general responsiveness to technical and other issues are slow at best.
Enjoy the residents
Pros
They are all over the world.
Cons
Benefits not great, no consistency
Great place for growth
Community Manager | The Outlook Apartments (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 24, 2016
Greystar is a great place for growth and training. I love my team, my property, and working for this company! The most enjoyable part of my job is hands down the support i receive from my Greystar Team!
Great Company
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2016
Greystar is a great company overall. Your experience may vary depending on the property you work at but the corporate office will always be there to support you when necessary. They provided me with training that not only helped me with my everyday job but skills I will carry with me forever.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
n/a
Greystar is a very good company to work for.
Leasing Consultant/Office Asistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 17, 2016
Everything was good. I don't have any thing bad to say about the Company or the coworkers. I wanted to work closer to my house and at the time they did not have any property closer to my place,so therefore I resigned and then was when I stared working for Dominion Realty Partners.
Pros
Free Lunches.
Not what I expected.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  San diegoOctober 12, 2016
Large company but do not give opportunity to grow in your carrer. And does not motivate people to keep growing. Specially if you have the motivation to keep growing and learning,
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No opportunity to grow
Typical day at work.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA 30043October 10, 2016
The property I currently work for is in Lawrenceville. I get to meet so many different people and learn about different cultures. My co-workers and I make a good team. We work together and it makes everything much easier. I've learned so much with Greystar. My costumer service skills have improved. I have learned about accounting, financing, property management and much more. The best part about working in an apartment community is that every day is different. There is always something new to learn about.
Productive and everything learing experience
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 9, 2016
Greystar Management is one of the number one Property Management in the world and I'm very proud to be part of it. I work in a very busy of 624 apartments community is a great turn over and very challenge community. Every day I learn something new, either from my Manager , co-workers or residents . You must have a great team work with your co-workers or else the team work will fall. Having to manage 624 is a lot, but great experience .

Greystar Property Management Reviews by Location