Greystar Property Management

Greystar Property Management Employee Reviews

Great Work Family
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Great company to work for, great benefits and people. I worked for Greystar for four years, and loved it! There is a vertical growth ceiling, so you might have to look to other companies for growth opportunities.
Fantastic company to work for
Leasing Professional Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I worked with Greystar for over a year and had the time of my life. Coworkers became friends and those friends became family. I learned a lot to improve my work ethic, management skills and customer service skills and situations.
Pros
Easy 9-6pm schedule Monday-Friday
Cons
When you get so busy doing your work and you do not realize you have not eaten.
Fast Pace Environment
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2017
Fast pace environment processing paperwork.
Understanding the need of a customer.
The business logistics of the office from team manager to administrative paperwork.
The work environment and dealing with each individual customer.
Pros
Great team members
Cons
Stability of community sales
Good pay and benefits.
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  District Heights, MDFebruary 14, 2017
Overall, Greystar was a great company to work for. My old supervisor was a different story. They train you in-house and you can make good money.
Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 9, 2017
Learned amazing things while employed here. Love the group I worked with. The hardest part of the job is that sometimes the company grows too without getting its ducks in a row.
Cons
no maternity leave
OK place to work but hourly pay is very low for maintenance techs. No training or class made available for advancement.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 1, 2017
Pay is not competitive for work performed. There are multiple trades that a Maintenance technition has to know but does not get compensated for. Plumbing, electrical, painting, grounds, pool spa maintenance. There has been no options on getting certified to promote since I have been employed.
Pros
Rent discount for employees
Cons
On call every 4 weeks for 2 weeks. Pay is very low for what the job intales.
Fun enviornment (on-site)
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Great place to work. Working at a property in a city is really nice. Greystar manages some of the nicest properties around. I would reccomend the job to a friend.
Excellent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2017
Great company to work for. Excellent benefits. 401 K and excellent upper management. Very reliable staff and knowledgeable human resources department.
Great growth opportunities
Assistant Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 28, 2017
Greystar motivates employees to grow and develop as their own brand. Enriching the lives of others by doing things the right way is the mission of the company and they endeavor to cultivate employees to think this way on the whole.
Pros
Good Benefits
Horrible experience
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 27, 2017
Worked for a previous company for over 10 years and never worked as hard as i had to to keep my job with Greystar. First time ever being fired with a company. You work your butt off and they don't appreciate the sweat and tears you put into it. Next thing you know you are being fired so someone friend can come in and take your place.
Too big of a company to offer a personal touch
COMMUNITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJanuary 23, 2017
I worked for this company for 1.5 years and out of my 7 years of property management experience, this was by far the worst experience I have had working in property management. The culture they said they promoted was not at all what I experienced. Corporate events were focused on tooting their own horns and putting down other management companies, which I found extremely unprofessional. Being the company is such a huge conglomerate, there were always new SOP's being issued (sometimes a few a week!) and new programs/systems/processes to use to "streamline" everything but in reality, were hindering to our workload. Constantly having to implement new procedures, etc. for the staff, residents and property was frustrating when the rollout didn't include much training or instruction. And then you'd get an email a month later saying they were doing away with whatever it was that you just implemented. A lot of "new and improved" ideas that I'm sure sounded great to whoever thought them up but in actuality, were not helpful on-site. I won't mention any names but the director of our corporate office and many of the regional managers were quite pretentious and not approachable. The bonus structure was very vague and there were no dates outlined as far as what day you'll receive the bonus, what the individual bonus criteria was, etc.
Cons
You feel like a number and not a name.
Great company
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2017
Greystar was a great company to work for and I enjoyed the community I worked at and the staff.

The only downfall was that Greystar fee managed the Community I was working at so when the owners did not renew there contract we had no job security with them because they had nowhere to place all the staff.

But overall it was a great work environment.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
No job security
Productive work environement work out facility sauna, pool.
Assistant Manager/Lead Maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Renton Wa, Seattle Wa, Kent Wa, Bellevue WaJanuary 21, 2017
fast paced environment. Managing task, specific details, and team members. Dealing with all kinds of Maintenance issues.
Pros
Free coffee, bottle water, soda
Cons
breaks and lunches may get interupted.
Exciting Work place, New adventures everyday
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2017
Responsible for doing all background checks on new tenant applications, and assisting with maintaining strong relationships with existing tenants and working on tenant issues to find good solutions. Responsible for staying up to date on all laws regarding apartment renting and leasing.
Would not suggest Company to work for
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2017
Denver upper management is not there for the employees. Feel they did not care, did not give people a chance, if you kissed your way to the top that is the only way to get there. Heard bad things about Greystar and said no and I should of listened to others.
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
Terrible atmosphere
Done
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2017
some good things some bad things. It was time for me to move on. Stability was hard, also upper management needed to be drilled into as there were many issues not handled accordingly.
Loved leasing, not fond of one property/regional manager
Senior Relocation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2017
I liked greystar, good compensation, good work life/balance. Left due to property sale... My transition to the company did not go too smoothly due to the property/regional manager who messed up my payroll. I wouldn't let one bad apple ruin the entire group though... More positives than negatives.
Great Management Techniques!
Tx - Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJanuary 18, 2017
I was employed with Greystar for nearly a year. And I can honestly say I enjoyed my experience for the most part. I loved their procedures/ management techniques. And there is no shortage of training!
Pros
Great Properties/ Great Environment
Cons
Low Commission rate/ Excessive Shops
Great Company
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time working for Greystar. I found that compensation was competitive for the industry, great benefits and time off. I only left the company because my property was sold.
Train and give the best to there employees
Real Estate Management (Current Employee) –  Brighton, COJanuary 15, 2017
Loved this company. They sent me to so many training classes and truly made me an amazing speaker and saleswoman. Learned how to make reports and learned more how to become someone the residence can count on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Greystar Property Management. Our community is ready to answer.

Greystar Property Management Reviews by Location