Greystar United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work at.
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Irving, TXApril 24, 2015
Pros: N/a
Cons: Health care
I start my day at 7 am. I get my mop bucket and my housekeeping cart ready to go. I have learned that how you clean and how good you clean the residents let you know that you are doing a good job. The manager there is very good at her profession. I get along with my co workers. There really isn't a hard part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my day is when you supervision tells you thank for you hard work today.
Great Company! Love working here
Senior Maintenance Supervisor/Head of Task Force (Current Employee), Charleston, SCApril 13, 2015
Pros: Pay/Benefits/Work life balance
Cons: None
Best property management company I've worked for in 15 years. Great advancement opportunities and great benefits.
Great communities and employees.
They don't care
Leasing (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: Cheap Insurance
Cons: Not professional, does not train, does not follow proceedures, quick to assume.
Management doesn't care what happens to you and believe false allegations. They are quick to believe lies and don't investigate. They don't even think twice of probable causes. Managers will sabotage your employment and Greystar believes them even without proof. Be warned, if they don't like you, they will get rid of you! I was let go because the assistant manager was not following company rules and when presented to manager they searched for reasons of write ups on my days off. The problems they found was because I was not trained properly. They say they are willing to help and answer questions, but when asked their response "well what do you think" Profanity is used carelessly and loudly for residents to hear. Assistant manager refused to answer the phone when residents had concerns about their account. The office is ran like high school. The assistant manager is the cheerleader and the property manager is her puppet. Maintenance supervisor cusses at your face. When expressed concerns to HR they did not do anything.
Leasing Agent (Former Employee), HoustonApril 10, 2015
Pros: Location
Cons: Pay
Working there was very rewarding, I was in the property management business for some time when I received this position so this was an easy transition for me. I excelled at sales and recognizing the needs of the residents and the importance of following up with residents. My team was very dependable and fun to be around, they made work something to look forward to.
management
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Royersford, PAMarch 28, 2015
management is horrible at this company. Need to reinforce training to learn how to treat people around them. There staff can make or break them.
Okay
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor 500+ (Current Employee), CaMarch 27, 2015
Pros: evreything
Cons: must move on
Great company. Worked here 2+ years. It is time for a new property to take care of. Everyone needs change. Staying at the same place becomes stale.
Good work enviroment
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 23, 2015
I will say that there is no typical day at Greystar. Although co -workers are very nice and I did learn a lot. I will say that my experience was not as pleasant as I thought it would be.
Good company
Leasing Professional / Marketing (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 23, 2015
Good company.. Enjoyed time. they are very about there employees and take great care of them.. benfits are a plus too. They are all over austin lots of great propertys
great company but felt like a number
Leasing Agent (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 13, 2015
great company just felt like a number. the company dosn't own most of the bulidings so your always afade of getting laid off or having to move
Great Company
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 9, 2015
Greystar is definitely a great company to work for in the property management field. Excellent training program as well.
No advancement
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 5, 2015
Great company benefits, but no room for advancement. This company pays well but you will not be able to advance farther than your property.
Not the worst place to work
Regional Property Manager (Current Employee), Pacific NorthwestMarch 3, 2015
Work/life balance is touted as very important but in practice isn't implemented. Training for upper management could be improved.
Greystar
Leasing & Resident Services Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: onsite teams, management freedom, atmosphere & daily experience
Cons: networking, advancement opportunities, training
Greystar is a great company and offers various levels of property management experience. Because Greystar manages both privately owned and corporate properties a diverse environment is created where each individual property has fundamental differences concerning the specific management strategies implemented. Greystar is extremely efficient and does a great job ensuring compliance with various regulatory agencies.

In my opinion, the biggest challenge is growth and advancement opportunity specifically concerning the timeline required to advance. Because Greystar manages both corporate and privately owned properties it is difficult to establish a baseline of knowledge and experience required across the company. A manager that over performs with privately owned properties may not find the same experience when given a corporately owned opportunity and vice verse. It is very difficult to know if an employees previous experience will encourage their success when they are given a different property structure to manage. This creates an environment that emphasizes past experience beyond what is can truly predict in terms of future success with a different property/challenge.

Interaction across portfolios and with corporate employees is highly limited further restricting advancement opportunities.

Onsite teams are given significant authority to manage freely and are very closely knit teams. This creates a great work environment and a family like atmosphere for most onsite teams.
Great advancement opportunities
Resident Services Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2015
Greystar is a great company to work for, and there is a lot of opportunity for advancement. Greystar values their employees and focuses on training, and creating positive work environments.
Lots of room for advancement.
Leasing Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Greystar gave me an amazing career opportunity. The training is hands down one of the best I've had the opportunity to experience, and management takess care of the Greystar family and just so happens to have a very tempting benefits package. Sometimes in large companies you don't have the opportunity to meet with the higher ups. Not with Greystar, the executives are very personalble. Its refreshing.

On top of everything else mentioned, there is also plenty of room for advancement. Your growth is limitless. Be the best you can be, and you will defintely shine.

Great company to work for.
Unfair practices
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2015
Cons: unfair practices, unprofessional management
Very disappointed in their unfair practices and lack of job advancement. Very unprofessional senior management team. Salary is competitive only if they like you, otherwise you will be low balled.
Great Mangement Company
Maintenance Supervisor/Technician (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 29, 2014
Great management company, and great opportunity. I wish I could stay with Greystar.
The Best company I worked at so far.
Service manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXDecember 23, 2014
Good Management company. I worked with several different managers and have great work relationship with all of them. Very professional. I learned a lot trough a years and the most enjoyable part of the job is to train my employees and help them to advance,get promoted and grow with a company.
Productive workplace that expanded my knowledge about business.
Resident Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJDecember 18, 2014
Pros: income
Cons: competative
A typical day at work included my daily tasks at work, included with prioritizing the daily conflicts that would come up spur of the moment.
Great place to work and to live
Groundskeeper (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSOctober 18, 2014
Pros: work where i live
Great management they are there to help you get what you need to get the job done on time no matter what

1 2 3 4