GREYSTONE HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT Employee Reviews

Greystone - great place to be
Director of Maintenance (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 6, 2017
Greystone has invested in the campuses and staff at each location. They are focused on providing our residents a great place to be and given excellent care and service.
I have had excellent support in all that I do for the company and we are the best health care company around.
Pros
Great team work, excellent support from the upper management and campus management. Great benefits are very good.
Cons
None at this time.
poor
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHJune 23, 2017
Poorly managed
Residents are just a number, poor care, under staffed always,micro managed , corporate staff of Ohio is awful always too busy on their phone to take care of the issues going on in the facility itself and encourage Ohio staff to lie to Florida corporate when they are in town to cover themselves. Horrible company to work for if u have good values and are compassionate about the elderly community .
Pros
pay, nice buildings
Cons
micro managed, poor care, under staffed, poor management
Very Stressful
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 1, 2017
Great teamwork within therapy department but not good management. Enjoyable parts was working with patients and helping them get back home and on their feet.
Pros
Good teamwork and flexable work hours
Cons
Poor managemnet
great opportunity
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 29, 2017
Great to work for! enjoy my patients, coworkers and office staff. very caring people. supportive. I highly recommend this company. They are big on team work and family
Very nice to worka
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 20, 2017
Very nice place to work it was the best paying CNA job I had after receiving my certified nursing assistant license in 2014 the building was brand new
Pros
New building great pay
Cons
management could iffy sometimes
Great Company
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 3, 2017
Great company very understanding.
All the management staff are understanding and supportive.
very busy health care company. There is room for advancement.
Pros
supportive
Cons
salary
Love this place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blountville, TNJanuary 19, 2017
My first place of employment when i moved to the tricities i lobed working here we were always staffed always had supplies and never worried about working alone we always had a great chain of command.The activities department was always doing things with the residents,when it rolled around to nursing week we were always recognized and enjoyed that week that we was regcognized for.
Director of Clinical Operations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2017
Worked at the as a Director of Nursing. Need to Keep stable administrators...Not good benefits, health insurance, 401k, dental, vision, very flexible, supervisors are easy to work with.
Great regional staff support
Regional Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 19, 2016
Great administrators and regional management staff. Slight disconnect between region and corporate office, but knowledgeable regional directors serve as great resources for problem-solving. Very innovative/forward-thinking compared with other SNF providers. Centers are able to work with very clinically complex patients with great outcomes. Difficult to achieve healthy work life/balance depending on position/role within the organization. Wonderful Regional Director of Operations and CEO.
Pros
Exceptional regional staff support
Cons
Disconnect between corporate office and South Florida region; low work/life balance
Don't be fooled.
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 9, 2016
As a manager in an Ohio Greystone Facility, I feel that my experience and expertise is wasted. I have successfully ran a building, managed staff, and improved residents quality of care. When Greystone took over our facility, suddenly we were all viewed as incompetent. Policies were put in place from a corporate level (based on Florida laws and systems). These policies were great, in theory, but aweful and unrealistic when put in place. When we speak up, express our concerns, offer ideas, we are denied all choices, and even though the policy is failing our building, and staff and residents are suffering, we are directed to follow the policy. Residents are unhappy, and families are moving then to other companies/buildings. Staff turnover is at an all time high, while pay is still very low for the area. Staff is mandated to stay over working 16+ hours several days a week. Managers are mandated to work the floor plus do 40 hours in their salary positions. Working 60-80 hours for 40 hours worth of pay per week, as well as being on call every day. There is no work/life balance. At first, Greystone sounded too good to be true, and we were all so excited to transition into Greystone management. In the end, residents, families, and hard working staff members have all been let down by the Ohio company.
Pros
Hard working floor staff
Cons
Pay, Hours, Work/life balance
Not in it to Help Patients, only after a profit
Employee (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 6, 2016
The transition between companies is by far the worst I've experienced. Health Care is about helping people who can no long help themselves. The turn over rate for staff was awful. The staff that did stick around worked twice as hard for little pay and were stretched so thin the care wasn't up to standards. Multiple times I walked in and rang call buttons and no help came for 40mins-1hr. Patients often yelled in hallways looking for help or assistance with no one in site. The billing was ran through two companies which slowed the process for both parties and created more work due to it not being correct. They did fine tune to ways to make sure all insurance claims were reviewed by everyone involved in the care which lead to quicker pay and less errors I'm sure. They focused on a lot of training material which I hope will better the lives of staff and keep policies and procedure most current. The building are outdated and they have continued to slowly work on improving the look and funding more updated equipment. I enjoyed interacting with every patient and knowing I'm truly making a difference in their lives and also their families.
Pros
Continue training material and regular staff meetings
Cons
turn over rate, pay rate, lack of care for the elderly
horrible
lpn (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMarch 21, 2016
This is the worst place I have ever worked. Short staffed always. Only time management cares about it is if they might have to cover the shift. Unit manager tells you to do something but not to document. Special treatment to some. Only care about money.buying up facilities they can't staff.look at all the job openings in Ohio. Can't keep staff. Nobody stays.
Pros
nothing good to say
Cons
everything
Management was Poor
CNA (Former Employee) –  Starke, FLMarch 10, 2016
I felt that working with greystone the management didn't really click with you all that well. However, the benefits and residents were lovely to work with.
Pros
Decent breaks.
Cons
Management could improve.
Nothing good to say
can not say (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 21, 2016
as a result of a legal term, I may not say anything other than you should do your own investigation before considering this organization.
Troubles beyond repair
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gahanna Ohio (Columbus) locationOctober 25, 2015
They may have a good reputation in Florida, but in Gahanna they have more troubles than solutions. The upper management is constantly changing things and then changing them again for reasons that make absolutely no sense.

If you are looking to join them be ready for the worst nursing experience you will ever have. And now I hear that the building is in deep trouble with the state so you could imagine the stress level. I am glad I left when I did.
Pros
Few
Cons
Many
A very progressive company
Director of Food and Nutrition Services (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLApril 11, 2015
Every day brings new challenges and excitement. I've learned to be more detail oriented while meeting company goals. the hardest part of my job was reducing staffing hours without overtime.
Benefits
Cons
Advancement
Management not so good
Staff (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 1, 2014
Management was a little archaic and untouchable - typical corporate environment.
great company
Administrator in Training (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 11, 2013
i love greystone
great suportive management team
great corporate office
expectations are set
True Believers
Regional Director of Case Management (Current Employee) –  Tampa FlooridaNovember 7, 2013
Highly confidant of the people they employ & allow then to set their own professional limits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GREYSTONE HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9