GRID Alternatives

GRID Alternatives Employer Reviews

PRODUCTIVE AND FUN PLACE
Volunteer (Current Employee), Carson, CAJuly 2, 2013
i LEARNED MANY GRID!!. LAYOUT, FINDING RAFTERS, SETTING RAILS, CONNECTING MICRO INVERTERS..ETC...
WORKING OUTSIDE IN SUNNY SAN DIEGO IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!
Ground and Roof Team Leader (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 21, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough work
HAPPY AND READY TO WORK
EVERYTHING ABOUT SOLAR INSTALL
SUPERVISORS ARE THE BEST
EXCELLENT TO WORK WITH
WAS LEAVING
GETTING TO WORK
I enjoyed the work because it was a very enthusiastic enviroment
Solar Installer Volunteer (Former Employee), Visalia, Goshen, Fresno, Clovis and PortervilleMay 20, 2013
Pros: i get to work with atleast one bew person every day
Cons: its only volunteer work for me so there is no pay
I've learned a lot from the volunteer work that i have done with Grid Alternatives; Safety, protecting the roof, locating rafters, racking assembly, conduit bending etc. The company employees are a fun and interesting group to work with. The hardest part of the job is keeping from getting sunburned. My favorite part of the job is enjoying the diverse – more... food that the different customers offer for lunch every day. – less
Great Solar Non-profit
Volunteer & Operations Associate (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 22, 2013
Pros: excellent staff, vacation, benefits
Cons: low pay
If you want to learn the basics about Solar PV Installation, this is the place for you! The staff is very friendly and will help you in achieving your learning objectives. You can volunteer and use the knowledge to land a green job.
Productive Workplace
Project & Development Associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 21, 2012
Pros: team atmosphere, good boss, valued creativity & hard work
Cons: healthcare, stability
I worked as an AmeriCorps VISTA with GRID Alternatives as a Development Associate. As a Development Associate, most of my day was focused on creating new opportunities for funding for the Central Valley office of GRID Alternatives. A majority of the projects that I worked on were ideas that I suggested to the Regional Director of the Central Valley – more... Office. This helped me to understand the importance of follow through and gave me the confidence to present my ideas knowing that I could carry them out.

Management encouraged their employees to be involved in the total process of assisting homeowners in receiving solar energy. Everyone in the office assisted other departments in the office if the help was needed, which inspired a team atmosphere. I attended job fairs & college fairs to promote the mission of GRID Alternatives and also to encourage members of the community to volunteer their time.

This job also provided me with my first opportunity to deal with a difficult co-worker. It was definitely a struggle at first, but as the year continued, I learned to not take things personal. This change in attitude helped to change the atmosphere for our department, although the co-worker still provided many challenges for the office & its employees.

The hardest part of the job was working as a AmeriCorps VISTA because of the salary and absence of health insurance. – less
The team leaders are the greatest grid alternatives loves everyone who sweats and works for them.
volunteer solar installer (Former Employee), Riverside CAMay 14, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: none what so ever
The best and most valuable organization around to work for, as a volunteer its great how they have patience with their workers their objective is for you to suceed and tell me who? doesnt love that.