Gridstore is the leading provider of optimized storage for the modern data center. The Grid capitalizes on the power of virtualization by leveraging a patented Server Side Virtual Controller™ (SVC) technology that puts the storage controller close to the workload and allows the storage to be optimized for each workload independently. By combining simple building blocks of storage with intelligent virtual controllers (vControllers), the Grid delivers powerful storage and allows you to Pay-as-you-Scale to meet your specific needs. Unlike traditional one-size-fits-all storage systems, the Grid delivers custom-fit storage to every application across both virtual and physical environments in mid-sized enterprises.
We are seeking a senior software engineer to lead the development of Gridstore’s Virtual Controller and embedded storage node. The role is hands on and reports to the VP of engineering. This is a key position on the team requiring technical capability and a desire to provide leadership for our development team.
- Provide architectural and technical guidance in the networking, protocol and data plane for the block storage system based on our Grid architecture. Work closely with the other technical leaders.
- Own and deliver critical sections of code.
- Interact with QA to provide tested, clean releases and take feedback and bugs to converge products to quality
- Provide technical leadership as well some basic project management such as manage schedules and task level assignment for SW module development
- Bug Triage, Bug scrubbing
- Drive SW quality process
- Engineering documentation: Product Requirement Documents, Functional Specifications, Reviews (Code and Personnel)
- BS in Computer Science required at a minimum
- 8+ years experience software development
- 2 years experience as a manager or technical lead.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices for the Software Development Life Cycle
- Practical experience with C/C++, TFS, Bugzilla, Jira. (or other bug tracking tool)
- Deep understanding of system level storage design including RAID, Block storage, iSCSI and thin provisioning.
- Experienced and hands-on in primarily a Windows environment. Capability to drive efforts in performance tuning.
- Network Programming Experience: Winsock, TCP, UDP. Higher up the stack also desired: Transaction logging, Caching, Aggregation.
- Experience with standard software tools for source code management and defect tracking.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Able to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Able to interact creatively and achieve results in a dynamic small company environment.
- Exposure to several products, architectures and environments
Nice to have
- NAS, CIFS, NFS, pNFS storage experience
- Linux storage programming skills
- HyperV, KVM, VMware system experience
If you desire a confidential conversation about this position call Human Resources at Gridstore (650) 316-5584 No headhunters please.
Indeed - 11 months ago