Griffin Hospital Employee Reviews

It's a great place to work, my team is the best
Telecom operator (Current Employee) –  130 Division St. derby CT 06418September 18, 2017
Very busy place to work in, lots of responsibilities and the pay does not compensate for all the work that has to be done.
My team, the best enjoy working with everyone of my coworkers and I did this for so long because of my great team.
Everyday is a learning experience not one day like the other.
Hardest part of the job, the pay.
Working as a Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTSeptember 12, 2017
I found my days at Griffin very hectic, as well as stressful. The hospital is a Planetree environment and care very much about the patients but not so much about the employees. To try and handle 5 patients was very difficult for me.
Pros
Medical insurance, vacation, sick and holidays.
Cons
short breaks
Griffin is a great place to work and their Planetree Model is fantastic
IOP Social Worker/Clinician (Current Employee) –  Derby, CTAugust 31, 2017
I think that the implementation of the plane tree model is an amazing way to create an warming and sensitive atmosphere for patients and employees is amazing and my hope is to continue to apply these practices in my next role as a Clinical Coordinator/Supervisor.
Excellent hospital to work for.
Registered Nurse, Float Pool and Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Derby, CTAugust 28, 2017
It always felt like family when I worked there. I gained excellent experience as a float nurse. Planetree model of care provides patients and care providers with tools for an excellent hospital experience.
Pros
discounted food, family atmosphere
Cons
sometimes no lunch breaks
Great place to work if you know the right people
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTAugust 17, 2017
The worst part of the job was parking every day. There is very limited parking and very inconsiderate co workers who make parking very difficult.
The benefits are amazing which makes it worthwhile to work there. They say they are Planetree and patient focused. They do focus on patients but the way I was treated by coworkers was not very Planetree.
Heavy workloads
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Derby, CTAugust 4, 2017
Understaffed. Poor management. Difficulty with getting breaks. Pro is the kind of people you work with. Most of the staff are nice and do their best under the circumstances.
Safe, friendly environment
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Derby, CTJuly 5, 2017
Clinical medical assistant for the most part of the day, administrative medical assistant for some part of the day. Daily direct patient care in a friendly environment.
Caring Atmosphere for patients
Medical Assistant/Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Derby, CTJuly 1, 2017
The Planetree model of caring for patients is what makes this a unique place to work. The home-like environment is wonder for the patient and as an employee. It's a great place to work.
na
Patient sitter (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTJune 27, 2017
the hardest part of the job was working over night, the best part was learning all the medical rush in the emergency room, management was great and a typical day was a great day
work
Administrative Assistant/Dieticians Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTJune 15, 2017
Roughly 250 pages per page in a paperback book. Word uses about 500 words a page with default font. Ergo, 150 pages on Word would roughly equal 300 pages of a published book. But this is very rough - you should go by word count. Most adult published books (from unknown authors) are 80-100k. You can go a little lower on the scale for mainstream novels, and a little higher on the scale for fantasy and/or science fiction novels.
very busy med/surg floor
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTJune 5, 2017
It was a very busy floor. They wanted only professional workers so we lacked Nurses aides. I handled the work but felt horrible that I wasn't able to help the patients with the little things. My work load was heavy. About 13-17 patients as I worked alone. I felt bad because the extra glass of water for someone who asked was hard to deliver. I couldnt sleep at night.
Pros
I learned a lot
Cons
they lacked the help of aides or techs
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Derby, CTJune 1, 2017
Worked here for a few years. Nice enviroment to be around. The staff in all departments are very nice. can be very busy at times but the staff works great together
Excellent Hospital, caring staff
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTMay 27, 2017
I reported to the Chief Psychiatrist who was supportive, caring, never afraid to work

I enjoyed the staff I worked with at Griffin Hospital, would never be afraid to send a family member to Griffin for help and learned much about the chronic psychiatric client and his/her needs while at Griffin

I secured the first JCAHO accreditation for the Outpatient Chemical Dependency Program, developed programming, trained staff and learned much during my employment at Griffin
Pros
Loving, caring, nursing and social service staff
Cons
Multi-Skilled Technician and Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTApril 30, 2017
Made many great friends and went to school for nursing. The hospital does not pay very well but everyone is very friendly and was close to home. As a float, able to learn different departments and more staff.
Pros
Friendly environmeny
Cons
Low pay
Planetree
Emergency Room Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Derby, CTJanuary 5, 2017
I learned an extensive amount regarding case management with an amazing case management team. I was able to gain a lot of experience with case management working here.
Good learning experience
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJanuary 3, 2017
Learned many different skills. Worked in hostile situations. Continuously busy in office area. Worked in multi-cultured environment. It was at times a dangerous facility.
Great group of coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTDecember 27, 2016
Much to learn with many opportunities. Nurse management supportive and fair. No matter what floor you work, everyone works as a team and are helpful if you are asked to float to an unfamiliar floor. Cafeteria is excellent and provides big selection.
Small community Hospital
Medcal Technologist, Generalist, Charge (Current Employee) –  Derby, CTNovember 17, 2016
Great place to work with an emphasis on outpatient lab specimens. Good workflow do to energy of evening tech coworkers. All evening techs are generalists which keeps them competent in all areas of the lab
excellent pay and benefits
Transportation Aide (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTOctober 30, 2016
very busy transporting patients to and from tests as well as admitting and discharging, deliver specimens to the lab, with great pay and benefits.
Great benefits
Customer Service and Security (Former Employee) –  Derby, CTSeptember 17, 2016
Amazing place to work where you always feel welcomed and great benefits.The people throughout the company are always friendly and helpful.