Griffith Laboratories Employee Reviews in United States

Bad management
Demand Manager (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILFebruary 29, 2016
Bad management. Many old managers set in there ways. They say one thing and want to revert to ways that did them in the past. Operations team out of control
A typical day at work
Electronic tech (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAOctober 11, 2015
trouble shooting
work in pm's
upgrade and desing electrical panels
support other technicians
not support from management
bullying enviroment in the department
Pros
the salary is ok
Cons
management and work enviroment is awful
Very Supportive team and facilitates learning
o IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILSeptember 20, 2015
I was provided necessary hands on training and allowed to manage things on my own. After initial training they let me do things in various areas independently.
Only when I has some doubts, I got necessary help. this helped me to consolidate my technical learning
I also got to experience real life situation and imbibe how things happen in live company situations.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 8, 2015
The enjoyable part of my job at Griffith Laboratories was that i worked by myself nobody didn't have to tell me what to do and it got alot of breaks. A liked how i didn't have to walk alot around the work area.
Pros
benefits, worked by myself
Cons
bad equipment workers don't get along
Dedicated employees
Director, Planning and Logistics (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILSeptember 3, 2015
Good group of dedicated employees that worked hard in the best interest of the company. Many long term employees with a number being the only placed they ever worked.
People friendly environment.
assembler/ packager (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILJuly 16, 2015
Very down to earth managers and supervisors, always willing to give advice and promote employee confidence, good work environment, healthy employer employee relationships, very encouraging environment over all.
Pros
Very people friendly
Cons
might have to work holidays
Great learning environment
PC Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alsip, IllinoisJanuary 14, 2015
Griffith laboratories provided me with an awesome opportunity to learn so much more regarding IT; some networking experience, multiple imaging utilizes, new-hire, security changes and separation experience.
Day to day I was able to gain experience in several different applications so no particular day was ever the same.
Griffith is a global company so I was able to interact with teams from Canada, Mexico and Asia to solve issues that were occurring in all locations which in turn provided me with the ability to interact with networking engineers, etc.
The most enjoyable part of Griffith was the culture of upward mobility that was promoted from the team including my supervisor. If there was an issue that occurred and i was not aware of the resolution my manager had all faith that i could resolve with little to no assistance.
Pros
the ability to experience all things it.
Cons
very small teams lead to no ability to progress.
Fun place to work if you are part of the group
Production operator (Current Employee) –  AlsipJanuary 9, 2015
It was a great place to work at one time. Now it is very ripe with favoritism. The place is way too top heavy. It is set for a collision course, but upper management is being lied to,and don't see it. They give out promotions for no apparent reason, while they freeze the hourly salaries.
Pros
the place is profitable
Cons
too bad the little guy doesn't get any of it. not even a raise
Good company to work for
Account Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILOctober 8, 2014
excellent company. Fast paste. Good management skills. Good team players. Collection was the hardest. Completing a file from beginning to end.
Pros
good communication
Cons
following up on back dated information(delinquency)
Fun place to work love coworker always learning
Qs lab technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 29, 2014
taist product, typed results, print labels, faxed, answer phones, filling, and doing environmental.
Pros
good place to work

Want to know more about Griffith Laboratories?

Ask a question
Great Work Environment and Management Team!
Payroll and Benefits Associate (Former Employee) –  Alsip ILMay 27, 2013
Overall I really enjoyed working at Griffith Laboratories. There wasn't any career advancement within HR because our HR department was so small. If that hadn't been the case, I would have stayed.
Pros
great work environment and team
Cons
no career advancement for me
Great Benefits and flexible job schedules.
Robot Operator (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILJanuary 31, 2013
Nice place to work overall, great benefits such as healthcare, dental, and eyecare.
Pros
vacations, 401k
enjoyable
Food Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILDecember 3, 2012
everything was cool. you dont have to bring a lunch, they have a full service cafe on site
Productive and environment was good for working. Overtime whenever we wanted to work.
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GASeptember 17, 2012
A typical day consisted of me gathering ingredients to be mixed and packaged. Once the machine had finished this task, I then loaded the contents onto crates and used plastic wrap to wrap the pile and signaled for the fork lift driver to get the pile. This job prepared me to have the ability to work by myself. Management was typical. They worked with a quota that we all had to meet on a weekly basis which we usually did. Co-workers were good workers and helped out when needed. There was really nothing difficult about the job. If I had to say something it would be withstanding the heat from the machines. The most enjoyable part of my previous job was that I was held responsible for completing a job and I had to hold myself accountable for completing a certain amount of production and I love to be challenged.
Pros
close to my house
Cons
shortbreaks
Proud receiver of task fulfilment.
shipper/receiver/ material handler (Former Employee) –  757 pharmacy AvenueDecember 19, 2011
Received several awardsfor meeting my task and going beyond.
Pros
very reliable, depandable and excellent team player
Cons
hardly say no to work outide by time schedule.