GRIFOLS Biomat USA Employee Reviews

Great Job For New and Seasoned Medical Professionals
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 23, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working here! Management is reliable and employees are easy to collaborate with. The Kalamazoo location is lucky to be under the current management team.
Unhappy
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Unfortunately, this job did not work out for me. The atmosphere was very difficult to work in and the hours were more than agreed upon. I would not recommend this company.
great comapny
Donor processor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 21, 2016
Very busy office with many donors every day. Always something to do and hardly gets boring. On top of skills you may already possess they are many opportunities to advance with training .Management is always helpful and great people to work with. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the donors that come in. The most enjoyable part is all the people from management, co workers and donors it is always a day filled with good experiences.
Great staff but poor corporate support
Shitbaggetry (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 13, 2016
I was brought to this company to provde leadership in poor performing center with no signs of leadership and management support what so ever. Upon completing the first part of my training, I began to realized that this specific center I was responsible is full of hardworking and dedicated employees but with no guidance which is why everyone did whatever they want, called off whenver they want including taking longer breaks including 10 minute bathroon breaks. Sadly, with the assistance of others, we were able to turn the center around by giving more direction to the floor leads and accounting for their actions. Morale went up, processing time went down, teamwork became pronouced including pride for their work and the importance of why they are doing it. In doing so, my training suffered because I put my needs aside for the needs of my team. The first part of my training placed a strong emphasis on the importance of center staff and donors but in the end.....corporate only saw numbers and staff are disposable.

Center worked during all major holidays as per direction from Corporate.

If you dont believe me, go apply.
Pros
Really good employees
Cons
Corporate politics are heavily at play and only see numbers and care less about the staff
POOR Job/Life balance, GREAT benefits.
DONOR CENTER TECNICIAN, PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  2310 E Saunders St #108November 3, 2016
Very long hours without breaks. Not enough pay for the work you do. Most of the time you have to do double or triple the work when employees don't show up or leave work early. Closing times do not exist due to many donors showing up last minute. You cannot start cleaning or closing until every single donor has been screened. You have no social life due to the long hours you work. Other than that the benefits are great and the training program for phlebotomy is very helpful. Too bad their certification for phlebotomist does not count anywhere else outside of Grifols. So if you like standing on your feet all day with little to no breaks and no social life then this is the job for you.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, standing all day, not enough pay for the work you do, poor work/life balance
I would not recommend this workplace.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2016
The hours were insane. Some of the donors were rude and very inappropriate with staff. Personal items such as our cars were not safe in parking lot.
Rewarding place to work because you are helping save lives
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 27, 2016
I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when you know that what you did is going to enable someone to maintain a higher quality of life or in many cases help save or keep them alive.
Death Valley for Nursing Skills
Medical Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 11, 2016
This company boast about helping people and changing lives but they are not referring to the lives of their employees, at least at the center level. Given the right shade of hue and having the "right" friends one could rise quickly within this company. Center managers are unprofessional and in many cases have no prior experience or current mentoring to help their desperate situations. As another reviewer has said this company preys on new nurses, offering that pay range that other companies would not give but the new nurses loose critical skills learned in school. Once this nurse figures out that this company really cares for self only, applying to other nursing positions are futile due to lack of use of critical skills. Grifols boast about promoting from within but this is only true if you are friends with current management or to be promoted higher than center level, one must have or lack certain features such as not being from a certain culture. I worked for this two-faced company for over 8 years, thinking that I would be promoted due to qualifications I possessed as well as education background requirements being met, but was denied every-time I applied for a different position within the company. Although many other employees who were not qualified as per the description of the job posting but were chosen anyway. There are people in high positions ending careers due to personal, unprofessional opinions. The top corporate managers only care that the numbers are being met and let these scoundrels run a muck on the plasma centers and it's staff. It is a tragedy that a company  more... such as this has such disruptive hiring and promoting techniques and able to get way with it continuously due to less fortunate citizens such as myself that do not have the resources to do something about unfair practices.  less
Pros
Candy bar for doing well
Cons
Unfair hiring practices, unprofessional management, lack of nursing skill development
Very unrewarding work.
Plasma Processor/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 12, 2016
Work is very repetitive and donors are mostly rude. Training is often rushed, even with phlebotomy cross-training. You will always leave work after your scheduled shift ends depending on the last donor of the day. If you are scheduled until 7:30, then you should be prepared to leave around 8 or 9 depending on how hydrated the donor is. Virtually no security at all. It is very apparent that donors come in looking for easy money so they can spend it on drugs, then their mental and physical health drop rapidly until they are deferred for their behavior. More often than not, they will threaten you for deferring them, so you will feel unsafe leaving work at night. Overall, this was a horrible place to work.

- Plasma Processor/ Phlebotomist for an entire year.
Good "feel good" company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 7, 2016
Working for Grifols, you know you're helping many people around the world. You can rest assured that what you're doing on a day-to-day basis is benefiting less fortunate people.
fast paced but, enjoyable if you are a people person
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2016
must be able to get along with almost any one. The donors can be really difficult if they don't get their way. Hours are at the discreation of managers. If it is slow they may send you home and if they are busy will try to guilt you in to staying and helping or may not give you the option.
Pros
not too many
Cons
difficult hours and managers
Great opportunities overall
Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 15, 2016
Long hours and high stress at times. There is a constant pressure to produce more than what is realistic. The management positions have multiple daily and overall tasks that are mostly not able to be accomplished by any one person.
Pros
competitive pay and bonuses, excellent opportunities to advance
Cons
The amount of work doesn't allow for a good work/life balance.
Fast paced, busy, plasma donation center
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 14, 2016
Learned a lot of phlebotomy skills, helped in the donor processing area as well. Learned time management, and building good report with the clients.
Pros
Fun, faced paced environment
Cons
Not great pay
Great EMT employer
Medical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 30, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for Grifols Biomat USA. Great employment opportunity for EMTs, but sadly they changed their licensing requirements and I lost my position. Management was very supportive, and thanks to my time there I found guidance towards a career in nursing.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Awesome Company
Donor Processor (Designated Trainer)/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTApril 11, 2016
A fantastic job, although it was very repetitive. This helped to improve skills quickly and to become more proficient, overwhelmingly busy during certain parts of the day, but helping to develop multi-tasking skills, lots of opportunity for advancement and cross training to several areas, management was great, co-workers varied upon skill level and desire, hardest part was long hours on your feet (+8 hours) and varying schedules (morning and evening shifts) every week, most enjoyable aspect was being part of a team that cared about improving lives and accomplishing goals. I'd recommend this job to anyone looking to develop great work ethics and team building skills.
Pros
free lunches sometimes and great management made a huge difference
Cons
short breaks, varying shift schedules
Great place to work for a first job in the medical field
Designated Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 23, 2016
This job really got my foot in the door to start my path in the medical field. I really have enjoyed the time I have spent here but it is more than time for me to move on. I feel I can't grow anymore within the company and I want to push myself further and gain more work experience.
Grifols Biomat
Medical Supervisor/ Center Medical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMarch 17, 2016
There is a lot of decision making skills required through out a day here. Your nursing judgement is constantly being used. The seasons affect how busy we are and how much you lose hours.
Cons
no breaks
Great working job
OS (Current Employee) –  VanowenMarch 5, 2016
This is a nice paying job. With some good benefits. Willing to help when ever need in your personal life. Great co workers
Great company with advancement oportunities
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 9, 2016
The environment is high paced and fast moving. Through many years of working with the company, I learned how to handle difficult customer service situations and how to maintain a large budget. The management team is kind and allows many opportunities to learn new skills. Co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is the location. The company has allowed many advancement/learning opportunities.
Pros
great health care and advancement
Designated Trainer/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Youngstown, OHDecember 19, 2015
High paced environment
Room for advancement
Hardest part of the job is the constant flow and being on your feet all day.
Most enjoyable part is the communication with the donors, getting to know them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GRIFOLS Biomat USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5