GRIFOLS Biomat USA Employee Reviews

Productive and Happy staff memebers
Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXNovember 15, 2017
Biomat is good place for a beginner in plasma settings. there gonna help you as a human being and there gonna mold you as a decent employee. the management is very helpful as well
Back in school again. However I love school!
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 7, 2017
I love my career at Grifols. Every workplace has its ups and downs. However there are some things that could be improved and, one of them will be the way management handle certain things pertaining to hard workers. Out of all of the work that I've done in my lifetime I found that this is one of my favorites. I love my donors and I think they care for me the same in return. I'm almost a year in and if they keep treating me well I plan to stay there for as long as I'm welcome. Thank you Grifols. I have an awesome team and wouldn't trade them for the world.
Pros
Healthcare, 401k, beautiful people.
Cons
Staff confidentiality, gossip.
my thoughts
Donor Center Technician (Medical Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WANovember 7, 2017
For the most part, the Biomat in Kennewick was a good place to work. I was there when they brought in new management and had a big turnover rate with employees. Once management was in place it was nice to work there. They had company BBQs, kept the snacks up in the break room, and I saw after I quit they went to the movies. I think they try to go out about once a month to stay engaged with employees.
The only negative thing was the lower end people such as the phlebotomists and DCTs. There was a lot of petty drama and the game telephone was played a lot. I didn't report as much as I saw because I felt like a narc. I should have as the management cared and wanted to stop that behavior. I probably would have stayed.
Pros
fast advancement, benefits, management seemed to care
Cons
employees were catty to each other, hopefully thats changing
Ok working with Grifols
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 6, 2017
Maintain the plasmaphersis floor, monitor all donors, perform venipuncture. Maintain a clean and orderly environment. Friendly staff but you do stand on your feet the entire day. Short breaks and not spread out very well.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
work time and pay
grifols
Plasma processor/ Area Lead (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 21, 2017
Great job. everyone works as a team. management is fair. Its a very fast pass job. you have room for opportunity to grow. The company offers to pay for schooling. benefits are great,
Felt like high school again, you're either in or you're out.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 17, 2017
A typical day consisted of calibrating and setting up machines. Throughout the day donors were connected and disconnected to the machines. Before going home the machines are cleaned and put away and hazard boxes are made.
Overall, I liked my job and I was good at it. The donors were great and all were unique. However, I did not like the people I worked with. They were unprofessional acting more like a group of friends rather than coworkers and anyone who wasn't part of their group got the grunt of the work.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Short breaks
Great place if you have no life
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDOctober 16, 2017
I was offered a job complete with ALL benefits and training. They did train me, but they never changed my information in their system to full time and kept putting off giving me any benefits. I worked full time hours and never received any type of medical, dental, vision, life, etc.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not a lot of communication
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  AZOctober 13, 2017
You will have to hunt down every manager, trainer if you have a question and you will get a different answer from each person. I just walked out of my shift one day couldn't take it anymore.
Lack of communication, overall great benefit
Donor Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 5, 2017
Poor management, very stressful, under paid, only one holiday off, which is Christmas and very cut throat. There no teamwork, very long hours, and the co-worker will leave you working alone.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Very stressful
Loved Grifols Biomat Plasma center
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 3, 2017
I loved all of my co-workers and that's really why I liked going to work. The hardest part of the job was the monotony of doing the same procedures. But you could make it fun if you played games with your co-workers or just trying to set yourself goals everyday.
rampant favoritism and bullying managers
Technician (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 3, 2017
It all depends on who you are if you decide to work at this location. If you are an a** kisser, you'll go far, regardless of your work ethic. The further up the ladder you are, the less work you do. You could work for 6 or 7 hours before you get a lunch break. It's all about the numbers, the better the numbers, the better the managers quarterly bonuses. You're not a person if you work there, just a commodity.
Pros
above average pay
Cons
never a free moment to breathe
Fast paced work place where you will interact with people from all walks of life
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 26, 2017
What I enjoyed most working at Grifols, was the patients it was fun getting to know them, and hearing their stories.Phlebotomy is something I have passion, and a great respect for. On a typical day I would preform up to thirty venipuncture procedures, obtain vital signs, and, update patient informaton.
Pros
The knowledge i gained about Phlebotomy, and meeting new people everyday
Cons
Early lunches, no water breaks, lack of communication
Hostile work environment with poor management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 11, 2017
-under staffed
-overworked
-no support from management
-unrealistic goals placed by management
-procedures not followed
-cover ups when audits would happen especially with FDA and EMA
Pros
pay was not bad, insurance
Cons
weird break schedule, little to no support from management
very fast paced and hectic
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 9, 2017
the work environment was very fast-paced and hectic. procedures changed often and so would your work schedule. a very high turnover with their employees
Pros
excellent medical coverage
Cons
long hours, short breaks, fast-paced. high employee turnover
A very fast tempo and micromanagement
Plasma Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCSeptember 9, 2017
It is a very stressful work environment due to the micromanagement. Management and employees are resistant to change and improve their processes. They make their job very difficult,
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagemnt
Stressed
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 7, 2017
Always stressful, coworkers and manager's have tempertantrums in front of donors, donors throw fits and get away with it. If you need a job that pays more than minimum wage great. If you are a certified medical professional, get some experience and move on, or don't bother
aggressive environment
MEDICAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2017
You're dealing with people that are having a rough time making it, so it's expected that some would be stressed and have attitudes, but to receive the same attitude from management was unexpected.
Pros
The salary
Cons
Jealous Management Stopping you from excelling
Production/Manufacturing
Medical Supervisor/ Center Medical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2017
A position that requires assessment skills and a fast paced ability to process potential donors for the collection of blood products. A family owned international pharmaceutical company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Production Demands
Work lif Balance
Phlebotomist/Donor Technician Specialist (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 22, 2017
This company really believes in investing in it's "teammates". The company itself truly believes in it's core values which is difficult to find in corporate America these days. As in any large corporation it is up to the leadership at the facility level to really create an environment where the team also feels those core values at play. Professional development is taken very
Very Unorganized place to wor.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKAugust 16, 2017
This job was not employee friendly. Went under new management. Manager did not introduce himself for over a week. A donor told management that I was sexually harassing him and they did nothing about him harassing me or other employees.
Pros
phlebotomy experience
Cons
unprofessional