Grifols

Grifols Employer Reviews

Expect a lot from you for little pay
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Cincinnati ohioMarch 1, 2015
Pros: coworkers, free food sometimes.
Cons: pay, meetings, attendance poilcy, managment, hours, location, expectation for low pay.
Ok, so, everyone i worked with was cool. Really couldnt ask for a better group of coworkers. Most of the managment is cool with an exception of one total idiot. I still could see managment screwing people. They put up an add asking for us to apply to floor lead, they never annouced one because that woukd mean there would be a raise, so they nix that. There was a meetibg once a month at 645am and if you didnt show up, ypu got a 1/2 point on youre attendence. Then they decided once a month wasnt enough so they upped it to twice a month, which was stupid bc there was nothing to talk about but to complain about what was wrong. They know they pay you nothing so they are always giving you parties. They make you work long hours, you might as well pitch a tent. Again for 10.60 an hour. I would never recommend this place as a long stabding career but use it as a stepping stone bc that is what it is. This place will hire you right out of school and you will get all the experince you need to leave in 6 months to a year. They expect wayyyyyy too much from you for the amount of money they pay you. But if they are cool with being a stepping stone then step away! Was there barely 5 months abs already got another job at a hospital, so it really served its purpose. Even though they were butt hurt about me leaving. Oh, the place is totally hood. There were two murders in the parking lot while i was there. The walks of life that go in there are insane. If you are tolerant abd want that expirence to better yourself this is the place for you. If you can be intimidated easily, you probably dont want to work here.
....
Donor Center Technician/Plasma Processor (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: benefits & coworkers
Cons: poor management, stressful, low pay, overworked
Talecris (Grifols) is a decent place to work. It's not a difficult job, individuals in position of power make it hard. Management isn't real supportive & encouraging and often times seem like they don't know what they're doing. Turnover ratio is terrible... and because of this we're understaffed and overworked. Not much room for growth here, unless you're one of the "favorites" in the company.
Good job
Specimen Processor (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 21, 2015
The area isn't all that great. The work is very fast pace, very busy. If you love a face paced, busy, hard work then this job could be for you. Some days can be stressful, but so can any other job.
Revolving Door
phlebotomist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: work experience and benefit
Cons: unstable work ours and set work days, not a career type job
This company is good for people trying to get experience in the medical field not a career move at all. I know people that have been in the same position for over 10 years and have not been promoted to a management position. The pay is good for someone single with no family and no social life. Employees are unprofessional and have no patience for the donors. The work hours change and vary from week to week and you can get send home after an hour of work if there are no donors even when hired as a full time employee. you only get a half hour for lunch and two 15 minute breaks. However, they do a good job in keep the facility clean and keeping the employees on there toes with standard protocol. Over all this company is just like a high end fast food gig.
if you have a family and kids not a good place to work
n/a (Former Employee), Louisiana Monroe/ShreveportJanuary 18, 2015
Cons: short breaks, long 11 hour shifts
Love meeting new people was great, everyone wants to be a boss, long hours, rude employees, messy staff and cant talk to managers they dont care and will just tell everyone what you said........
Love the people I work with.
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR/ASST. MANAGER (Current Employee), charlotte N.CJanuary 8, 2015
Very busy place to work. Love my co workers. Changes every day. Great benifits
Testing Technologist (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXDecember 9, 2014
This is an amazing company and the best job I have had so far! Amazing hours and amazing co-workers.
run fast as you can
line staff (Former Employee), little rock, arNovember 29, 2014
Pros: catered lunches
Cons: management
Awful place to work. Managers are uncompromising and are not knowledgeable. At this center they don't celebrate success they only acknowledge mistakes. You will not know when u can leave work and the staff is unprofessional and careless minus a handful of people.
Biopharmaceutical
Purification Senior Technician (Current Employee), Clayton, NCNovember 17, 2014
-Working with refined blood derivatives to complete the process to send finished product to filling.
-Sends life saving medicine to the patients
Great people Work for this company
Senior Process Technician (Former Employee), Clayton, NCOctober 27, 2014
Company alright to work with. The people are the greatest. Pay good wages but benefits haven't keep up with industry.
Not a good job for people with families
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Phenix CityOctober 27, 2014
Pros: some free lunches, pto per paycheck
Cons: management, hours, not compatible with family life
My issues with this company were very minor until I became pregnant. If it weren't for two or three awesome co-workers, I never would have made it working until almost 38 weeks. I turned in a light duty note at 27 weeks and was told it would be taken care of. It wasn't until 36 weeks that I was told that it never went through and I had to fax paperwork myself. I was worked very hard and ended up in the hospital two or three times over complications. Extreme lack of compassion and understanding. I finally got to a point at 38 weeks where I could not fulfill job functions due to pregnancy carpal tunnel (do you really want me handling needles when I can't feel my own fingers?), annoying contractions and leaking fluid. Of course, I was told I get six weeks maternity leave (non-FMLA because I hadn't been there a year yet) but was not informed at any point in my pregnancy that it was only effective the day that my baby is born. Just that I can get six weeks. Management is very poor and vague in informing you on important things such as this. Like another review said, this is glorified retail with needles. Not healthcare as I know it.
Absolutely no.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 15, 2014
Pros: monthly meeting
Cons: long days. gossip. hardly and off days
There is no room for advancement unless you are one of the "favorites" as often you go overlooked when new staff comes in. The Managemt is horrible and gossip ridden. Depends how bad you need the money I say go for it but if money isn't what you're looking for pass it up.
Productive work environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INOctober 8, 2014
fast paced with great opportunity to learn many skills and trades frequently.
Not the place to work!!!
Donor Processor (Former Employee), Macon, GAOctober 4, 2014
Cons: short breaks, long hours, little pay
In the Macon, GA area, the customers were very rude and some did not bathe and it really sucked being that I had to work in an office the size of a tiny cubicle with the door closed suffocating from the customers body odor. We worked long hours only to receive a 30 minute break. Coworkers were very lazy and the pay wasn't worth all the other unpleasant things I had to deal with. Other than that you learn your basic job duties.
Excellent visionary leaders
Technical Training Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh-Durham, NCSeptember 29, 2014
/Excellent place to work
Work is recognized as valuable by leaders
Passion for donors, but not employees
Floor lead/Designated Trainer/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Midwest CityAugust 30, 2014
Pros: catered lunches
Cons: terrible management, no work/life balance, don't treat employees with respect
Biomat cares about members of upper management and getting as many donors in the door as they can. They will recognize the good work you do, don't get me wrong, but they'll do that with a pizza party. Don't expect to be financially compensated in a timely manner, either. I was promoted to designated trainer and then floor lead and didn't receive a raise for over a year. Management had no qualms letting employees know "If you don't like the way it is, there's the door. There are plenty unemployed people who would be happy to take you place". That is something they ACTUALLY told us in staff meetings. Just to let you know how important you are as a "member of the team".
Management needs to step it up a notch (or 12)
Donor Processor (Former Employee), Augusta, GaJuly 31, 2014
Pros: the people you meet, the people you work with.
Cons: management, low pay, short breaks (if your lucky to get one), overworked... the list goes on..
A typical day can last anywhere between 8 to 10 hours (although most the time you are staying later than what the schedule tells you). Basically you spend all day screening people. Which can get very tiring and boring. This job was very hard on the body. Long hours with little to no breaks (except for the 1 hour lunch break). Most companies will give their employees two 15 min breaks to take throughout a long shift, well don't expect that from Biomat in Augusta. The location manager tries on occasion to help out his employees but the effort falls too short on most days. The assistant manager is a joke. She cares more about the flavor of gum she is chomping on in her office than about the employees she has working for her. Don't expect to use the restroom while she's working because you might get written up. The people I worked with was what made this job somewhat bearable for me. I enjoyed almost all the people I worked what it but as any job you always get the few employees that do "just enough" to get by. Which in turn causes the other employees to do more work. All in all I do not recommend working for this company because they do not care about your life outside of work (oh and they don't put the new schedule out but a couple days before the new week) and you will usually get stuck picking up the slack from other employees and getting written up for using the bathroom on company time.
This summary details some of the ups and downs for working with Grifols Inc.
Phlebotomist and plasma processor, cna (Current Employee), 617 Mynster StreetJuly 29, 2014
Pros: food is catered.
Cons: people call in frequently because it is demanding on their time.
We have eight hour days and lab plasma processors days will either start at 7 am or 11 am. It has lately. We start with shipping samples and organizing and preparing for pack and moving plasma bottles into boxes for shipment. We stand in a line and some one will be putting in data from each donor during the day. Some one will then process the bottle and it is timed with a group of bottles for thirty minutes before it goes into a freezer which is -30 degrees celsius.

I learned to manage my time with what I had to do for the day. I learned interpersonal skills and befriended a lot of my co workers. I can be flexible within the job demands as to where I need to be.

We have had varying hours and days. We use to have the option of twelve hour as phlebotomists. I did advance and was cross trained to the lab. Over all, the people make the job worth while, but over all, it takes a lot of time and energy working there. It is emotionally taxing when dealing with difficult individuals and physically taxing because we are constantly lifting.

I enjoy the camraderie between people who work there. People generally try to be very up lifting. I enjoy the meetings and the outings that we have.
Great employees but poor management staff
N/A (Current Employee), Ft WorthJuly 22, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: assistant manager is a hypocrite
employees are all working together for the good of the company but the management staff (assistant manager) plays favoritism.she would take advantage of you if you dont complain and if you complain she would come up with some excuse.she would talk about professionalism but cant even be one.the center needs a NEW assistant manager because shes just creating problems instead of being a solution.
Great place to work, the staff is another story...
Donor Processor Lead (Current Employee), Portsmouth, VAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: no genuine concern for employees
A typical day is steady, fairly easy and can become busy on occasion.
The management team in my opinion is very passive and doesn't follow through with reprimands and discipline when it is needed.
The coworkers are overall lazy and have no work ethic. They are always passing the buck and skating around the issues.
The hardest part of my job is working with people who don't have a decent work ethic.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the donors and the opportunity to meet new people everyday. I love being in a position to help people.

1 2 3

About Grifols

Grifols doesn't grimace when it comes to working with blood. The company provides products and services through¬†three primary – Read more

Grifols Photos