Grifols Employee Reviews

Easy Work
Donor Center Technician and Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 24, 2017
A normal day consists of calibrating booths to make sure everything is in range. Registering new donors, performing vitals, finger sticks and blood draws on new and return donors. Also filing and pulling charts are duties through out the day. At the end of the day, we have to clean our areas and stock materials. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know and interacting with our donors and telling them the benefits of donating plasma.
Pros
The company has great benefits
Cons
Not enough breaks through out the day
If you have no life , work here !!
Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 18, 2017
Management is horrible they sleep with the girls to promote them . Good employee s constantly leave. They make you work 10hr shifts with 5 min breaks. They never close on time. You won't advance at the Reading branch unless you are Spanish or slept with the boss. Employee s act like high school students and have clicks. They talk more than they work and they disrespect their donors.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
productive and good crew to work with
Fractionation Technician (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCJuly 17, 2017
cleaning portable vessels and maintain plasma. keeping the machines running at a smooth pace, training with senior technicians to keep training up to date
A toxic work environment
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCJuly 13, 2017
Bad management, lousy morale,employees are expendable. Too much to do, not enough head count to do it. Constant fear of losing your job. Little opportunity for advancement.
Pros
good pay
Cons
working there
Productive and a fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 9, 2017
A great place to learn and to get sticks. The hardest part of the job is the donors get it right or you will get cursed out. But at the end of the day it is a great low-key enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Great place to get started in medical
Cons
management
Long tenured staff and family atmosphere
Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJuly 7, 2017
The end goal of every role is to support the processing of human blood plasma into lifesaving therapies. This is understaood across the company and helps everyone add perspective to the importance of their specific role.
Very cut throat
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2017
I've been with the company for a little over 2 years as a manager. This industry is unique and very fast paced. The opportunity for advancement is everywhere as is the competition. This is a very cut throat industry if you're looking for career advancement.
Grifols is what you make it
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 3, 2017
If you get lucky and have a good manager Grifols can be great, but 9 times out of 10 you have a horrible working environment and the center's are kept far from the corporate tower that occasionally throws crumbs to the peasants. Day to day work varies and can be taxing more often than not.
A large company with great benefits, but poor structure causes work/life balance to be abysmal at best.
Center Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 2, 2017
If you want to marry your job, well this company is right up your alley. The company is still in what feels like its infancy because of the exponential growth that it struggles to get a handle on.
Pros
Benefits and compensation.
Cons
Work/life
Horrible
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 27, 2017
The management position dose not care about their employee. They have favoritism, also the people in management position have attitude. Manger and Assistant Manager are full of lies, they will promised you something that they can't keep. You are working more than 80 hours a week and pretty much you have no life if you work in this place.
Pros
N/a
Stressful
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCJune 25, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is clocking out at the end of the day! This place is VERY stressful to work for and upper management could care less about the well being of the people. All they care about is getting the product out!!!
Pros
The money
Cons
Everything else
Awesome team and fun environment
Biomat Center Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 24, 2017
I was able to teach and learn while working with donors and co-workers. I was able to brush up on lab knowledge and perform countless physicals which was a tremendous enhancement of what I had learned in school.
No work life balancement
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2017
Promised a good work and life balance and you get the exact opposite. Your life belongs to Grifols. They never stop taking donors at the right time so the closers are faced with a overwhelming amount of donors which make you stay later than you want to. Its very hard to have a life when you get your schedule one week in advance. Benefits are probably the only good thing about working here besides getting work experience. Poor management.
Pros
place to earn experience
Cons
poor management
Corporate corporate corporate
Center Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT/clear field, ut/Kennewick,waJune 20, 2017
I worked for this company for seven years and trained in all production areas. I left for one year and then went back because I missed being part of the medical staff. I do not think this company will ever fully get it together. There were a lot of improvements over my years but even more problems. The coworkers can be awful, unreliable, and there are never enough of them. Grifols tries to make three employees out of each one and it is exhausting. Each center is different and some are unbearable, mostly due to management. They do not seem to care about you as a person, it all comes down to the most money that can be made. This job can be great if you were in school but I would not recommend it as a career.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Disorganized, under staffed, hot
Production busy place
Phlebotomist/Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 19, 2017
NEEDS TO CLOSE AT 4 PM EVERYDAY. Great head manager Bryan sexton. this place should open at 6 am close at 4 pm and maybe I would have stayed. great manager desire Bing. if it wasn't for her they wouldn't even have many customers as they do.. great worker but lazy sometimes chanisty mccalphine she the head lab tech..
Pros
2 hour luch break.
Cons
standing on feet 11hours a day.
Have nothing to say
Donor Center Technician (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 13, 2017
I have nothing to say about this company. You will find out if you are ever an employee. Management is horrible. You are expected to dedicate yourself to the company with no regards for your personal life
Best place to grow
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 8, 2017
Anyone who says this place is career suicide will never have a good career anyways. Myself and several others worked here for hours to get into PA school. I made lead phleb, training coordinator, and operations supervisor. Had my career path been on the business side, instead of medical, I could've worked towards assistant manager and eventually center manager. Then I could've climbed the corporate ladder. However, that's not what my plan was. Yes you have to put in a lot of time. Yes you will work most holidays. Yes you will have to be an adult to get an adult pay check. Pay is awesome. After working a while and proving you're an adult you can get dibs on changing your shift if you need a morning shift. In my four years I switched my shift from nights to mornings to nights. It was exactly what I needed while going to school full time. Another awesome thing is relocating if needs be. There are over 150 locations in the US that seem to always be hiring. They are constantly expanding as well. The equation is simple. Show up 5 minutes early. Do your job the best you can without complaining. Be flexible. And have a good attitude. This equals success in any career. Especially with grifols. It's a much quicker climb than any other company since in college towns you have a bunch of college kids that cycle through every one to two years. Show commitment and you stand out. My experience might be a little different than others because I was surrounded with amazing people. I did have the chance to travel and visit several other centers as a trainer and each place had its own culture. But  more... being able to adjust to your surroundings and making it work for your benefit is up to you.  less
Pros
Paid travel, paid training, meals a few times a month
Cons
Short breaks, seal breaks...added lbs from all the free bagels and donuts
They don't care
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 6, 2017
If there are a lot of donors and you haven't had a break they wont let you break because they care about money over health. You could start work at 6 am not be given break til and hour before you go home. This company is very clickish also
Don't commit career suicide by working here
Manager (Current Employee) –  Various sitesMay 20, 2017
The training was minimal at best and NO one checked in on your progress. The only tracking was via ComplianceWire and was comical. The plasma industry is for those that enjoy working in the cattle killing business, get them in, get them out. (Donors are all the company cares about and not their well being, just to get them in to donate)

If you like being micromanaged to the point of call after call, email after email, then sign right up. The regional mgmt staff are usually those that have been demoted from other positions. They're very seldom on site and manage via fear! You'll never feel secure...
Pros
RQM was awesome, facility was ok, staff was nice. Benefits were average.
Cons
Micro mgmt, weak/poor regional ops mgmt, fear driven mgmt atmosphere. Bonus program for mgmt is one of the worst I've ever had offered.
Stay away if work life balance is your priority. Sad place .
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 12, 2017
Corporate place all the way . They give their employees a good amount of PTO but you need to use them ONLY during their shut down dates which are in June or December. Condescending management. Supervisor are poorly trained and they only care about themselves. When something goes wrong no one wants to take accountability. Errors are not allowed so everyone is always afraid. Poor job culture. Company just wants to make money at the end of the day. Career advancement is a tricky if your boss wants you to stay in their department.
They love hiring new graduates with no experience that way it is easier to mold them into their sad company culture.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Horrible Management, sad place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grifols. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8