Grifols Employee Reviews in United States

Wonderful place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 22, 2016
Every day at Grifols was an adventure. Every week you could count on seeing the same people twice who would come in for their donations. After a few weeks, I'd developed a rapport with most of the patients and the work, though always the same, was always fulfilling.
Spend 60 hours a week there and management still wanted more
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 18, 2016
Working in a plasma donation center for Grifols was not desirable in anyway. I would work 60 hours a week and management still wanted more. If you take any position at Grifols in a plasma center be prepared to work 6 days a week and every holiday.
Grifols
Quality Associate III (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCJuly 7, 2016
Great place for work life balance but limited career later after a certain position is reached. I enjoy my time with Grifols, the department I work in, and the work that I do. The most difficult part of the job for me is I need to continue to grow in my positions and I feel I have reached the maximum status at Grifols.
Just be prepared to work
Lead Donor Center Technician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 26, 2016
just be prepared to work.. fast paced environment with lots to keep you busy. lots of moving about and working with a variety of people from all walks of life
They have lost their way
CENTER MANAGER (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 19, 2016
The upper management is disconnected from the middle management. Field management does not support the centers. They just send emails and have conference calls. The position should be eliminated because they don't do anything. If they would be in the states that their centers are and they would go into their centers the problems would not be as bad as they are. They want donations up but don't help. Managers spend all their time in the office because there is so much paperwork.The new training program for managers teaches nothing. Upper management does not want to hear anything bad. They ask for opinions but unless it is something good keep your mouth shut. Everyone points the finger at everyone else.I will say this. DO NOT APPLY HERE RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN...Stay at your current job.... The grass is not greener on this side.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
No breaks, no work life balance, no holiday pay for management, open every holiday except Christmas and new years day.
If you cant say something nice say nothing
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA 31903June 16, 2016
Underpaid, Overworked. No breaks. I did not like my job there at all. The ratio is often not a concern unless you are alone on one side. Suppose to be 6 patients to every 1 phlebotomist often 9.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
No breaks, understaffed
Grifols
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 8, 2016
My day at Grifols as a Lab Tech. Very busy pulling samples, computer work and paying donors. Opening and closing the center and my coworkers are great to work with. We work as a team and help each other at in every department
OK job with good benefits
Aseptic Filling Core Tech III (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCJune 2, 2016
As long as you don't mind standing on concrete for hours at a time and rotating day shift to night shift. (12 hour shifts) every two weeks it is OK.
Profit is what matters. Not the employees. Employees are expendable. If you don't like your working conditions there are plenty of people waiting in line to take your job. This is the reality of manufacturing in the USA, not just Grifols.
Benefits
Cons
No chairs allowed, short breaks, rotating shift every two weeks.
review
Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INMay 30, 2016
A typical day at grifols is very stressful work every weekend and holidays not good management team not enough pay no sick days you have good days you have bad days working pass the hours you suppose to work staying late
Fun work place
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2016
-Long hours and not compensated correctly
-Good Co-workers
-Learning opportunity
-Hard to advance, ceiling is low
-Your function is a small part of the whole picture
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Not compensated correctly
Great people poor management
Plasma Processor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 24, 2016
I enjoyed working with majority of co-workers but I felt like management was very unorganized and there was a lack of effective communication.
Horrible Place to work
Donor Processor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 12, 2016
Worst place I've ever worked. They do not care about you or your health. I had to work with the pink eye and a sprained ankle.
Pros
works with school schedule
Cons
everything
Very good place to work.
Talecris Plasma Resource (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 5, 2016
Very good place to work at, along with all the workers are very professional.Since i been there i have not had any problems.
Ethical and Supportive workplace
Global Medical Director Neuroimmunology (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMay 3, 2016
Medical Affairs at Grifols is an office-based position. There is strong collaboration with Legal, Regulatory and Commercial. The culture is ethical and colleagues are fun and supportive. My biggest disappointment with the company has to do with its pipeline and positioning for the future. Grifols purchased Talecris several years ago and, in my opinion, still has not fully adjusted to its new more International role. Research and Development as well as New Business acquisitions are lagging behind competitors.
Pros
Wonderful work atmosphere and culture
Cons
No stock-sharing
Donor Processor Tech
Donor Processor (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 24, 2016
My job is in very fast paste environment. Every five minutes there is a different person in my work station. I've encountered all walks of life as I chat with donors while taking their vitals. I've learned structure and preciseness. Management there is not so productive they are a bit all over the place but overall the job gets done. My co-workers are most of the time are bubbly and bright. The hardest part of the job is making sure all i's are dotted and t's are crossed. We are regulated by the FDA so we have to be on point. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing our numbers of donor's that gave their time to come in to help save lives because these people can be the one's that save my life or children's lives.
Enjoy my job, however, I am looking to grow
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 19, 2016
Grifols is a satisfying place to work. I have enjoyed my time with the company, however, I am looking to move down a different avenue. I enjoy working with all of my co-workers and that will be the most difficult part about leaving.
Pros
Great hours, pay, and PTO
Cons
Working weekends and holidays
N/a
Center manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 13, 2016
The company is great. The company lacks in leadership. I have enjoyed working for the company up until now. The lack of support for the upper management is lacking.
great place to work
Fractionation Senior Tech (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCApril 12, 2016
Grifols was a great place to work ,nice people, great atmosphere to work in.management was very professional.Great breaks loved the experience
TLDR; DON'T. (In depth review of Biomat)
Donor Center Technician I (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 3, 2016
Typical day: Clocked in at scheduled time. Depending on where they want you, you'll be doing repetitive work all day, either screening donors or sticking donors (Unless you have a lab position, still repetitive, just slightly less interaction with donors). Highly controlled and monitored environment. Lunch was an hour. Every once in a while you'll get a rude donor but it's nothing that can't be handled.
Let's start from the top:
Management is... I don't know what they're managing really. During my time there, most months we were barely making donor numbers, even with extended hours and being open on Sundays. (Even going as far as not evacuating the building when the fire department suggested doing so because of a gas leak.) They can't even get along with the quality department about whose job is what. (Expect attitude from a certain employee in Quality when they are asked by management to help out in production. If you DO end up working here, they're pretty easy to spot) Preaches about "too many chiefs, not enough indians" (their favorite phrase) but won't do anything to correct the problem. Every section (dct's, phlebotomists and processors) has a lead but there is poor communication between them, as well as between leads and managers. They play favorites as well. One of the most senior employees was late often or didnt even call in and still had a job. Training: Training, in and of itself, is in depth. They know how to pick trainers. Learned everything I needed to know about the jobs I would be doing. BUT, don't rely on management to place you with a trainer, or them to
  more... tell leads you need time to read the SOPs. You need to keep reminding THEM about the deadline for training, not the other way around. The workplace morale is so low that mostly everyone in scrubs (sans assistant manager) bonds (due to sharing an oppressive work environment) and gets along great and are truly awesome and helpful. (especially the guys in the lab and the OS's, most enjoyable) The medical staff is GREAT. (When they can keep them around. They are overworked and probably underpaid.) Oh, we were GRAVELY understaffed in production but when ONE Operations Supervisor got promoted they hired 3 (THREE) people to fill the place.
And finally, an experience I had: I was trained and worked both on the floor and in the booths. The lead on the floor and (an employee who thinks they are) the lead up front had me on both their lunch schedules and couldn't come to a conclusion as to which one I should follow. As it was getting closer to lunch I approached the OS (now Assistant Manager) TWICE about the problem. They said to me: "I don't care. Figure it out." There is so much more but this is already long so... Yeah..... DON'T.
Pros
Lunch, Co-workers, benefits, training (somewhat)
Cons
Management, Hours (I was told when hired the position was full time but was consistently scheduled UNDER 40), and everything else that's not a pro.
Don't do it
Slave (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKMarch 30, 2016
Plain and simple it was pretty much an assembly line! Management couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag! Teeny-bopper Area leads! Very discouraging place to be at. I was Picked on, bullied and treated like garbage. Busy at all times, short staffed, management worthless, donors talk sideways and you couldn't say anything or you're in trouble because they, meaning Bio Mat needs their plasma! So you better just be quiet because donors came first. Long, long hours, high turnover. The list goes on, I could write a novel on how horrible Bio Mat is. I'd bring my work home and that wasn't fair to my family!
Cons
Close at 6 but not leaving until at least 2-3 hours after doors are locked, too many to say

2.8