Grimco Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity to learn/grow
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Wayne,MINovember 21, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance, team oriented, fun
Cons: vacation days, compensation
Grimco Inc. gives their employees an incredible opportunity to learn all aspects of business. Employees are involved in inventory regulation, purchasing, sales, logistics in addition to other areas of – more... business.

A typical day on the job would be making/taking inbound and outbound calls hoping to earn business and grow your local branch as well as the company as a whole. Grimco allows you to be very involved and take ownership in what you are doing.

The atmosphere at Grimco is great. Teamwork is vital in the success of the company. It is a younger age demographic with hungry, aggressive sales representatives. However, it is not competitive with co-workers because everyone is working together to achieve the goals presented by management.

Upper management is highly accessible and willing to help their employees in any way possible. They do their best to put their employees and company in a position to succeed and grow.

Overall, I would highly recommend Grimco especially for an entry level position. It allows for growth and teaches you the in's and out's of how to run a company! – less
Great work environment and fellow co-workers
Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, ILApril 29, 2014
-- Ability to maintain safe driving record
-- Provide excellent customer service
-- Maintain proper vehicle maintenance
-- Ensure proper documentation
-- Use effective time management skills
-- Ensure reliability of provided services
Great people working along side you. Always busy and great atmosphere
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lombard, ILOctober 6, 2012
Pros: a lot of free lunches
Cons: pay
As a sales rep a typical day involves calling multiple accounts to see if they know about certain specials going on. Closings are a huge deal with this company so i try to get our customers to buy the – more... materials from us that they may currently purchase elswhere. My daily goal is to make Grimco a "one stop shop" for anyone who needs us for their sign making needs.
My management is very goal oriented and a huge push on our sales team and warehouse crew. They expect nothing but the best. The most difficult part of this job is handling the customer load and deadlines. This is due to being short handed and working in a very small shop. Before Grimco I never had a job as a phone salesman. I learned how to talk to customers in a more personal manner and i feel it really helped me build a strong relationship with my clients. – less
nice place to work friendly environment
Order Picker (Former Employee), Owensville, MOSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: got off work around 2:30 got time to visit family or have the afternoon with the kids
Cons: had to be up at 4:00 a.m.
it was a great job and a friendly work environment if you needed help with any thing all you have to do is ask
Young work environment with great opportunity to learn how to run a business
Customer Development Representative (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLMay 3, 2012
Pros: fun environment, great opportunity to learn, performance is rewarded
Cons: set number of pto days account for vacation, sick days, and any sort of leave, modest salaries
Working at Grimco as my first job has been a great, unique experience. It is a fun, hardworking environment with high spirits and a shared desire to learn, grow, and advance. I have learned invaluable – more... things during my time at Grimco. Among those things are how to effectively chose the most cost-effective method to ship a product, how to think critically in order to work around situations that might seem hard to figure out, how to run COD reports and make sure money that has not been collected gets collect, and how to build strong professional relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors in order to build an environment where business can grow.

The hardest part of the job is really learning about, and understanding, the needs and requirements of each individual customer in order to make efficient and mutually beneficial transactions.

By far, the most enjoyable part of my job is setting a branch wide goal that can be attained by only one individual. For example, who can make the most outbound calls and reach the most customers and/or make the most sales in a given day, week, or month and having to give it your all in order to come out on top. – less