Grimmway Farms

Grimmway Farms Employee Reviews

productive
Tractor Driver (Former Employee), Arvin, CAMay 28, 2015
operated tractor while the carrot harvester would dump carrots on to trailer until full then i would unload and hook up another trailer there was foreman who ran the crew of 9 it was fun job to work at
Fun around amazing people.
Stacker #2/ Machine Operator Trainee (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: free time
Cons: breaks
My day went well. I have learned things i didn't know. Management is great. Everyone around me is very out going. The hard part of my job is the first day being there. The most enjoyable is i learned and meet great people around me.
great work enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), bakersfield caMarch 23, 2015
great work enviroment.owner is awsome and easy to work with. always makes sure employees come first and that everyone is happy
Work to finish.
Electrician II (Former Employee), Arvin, CAMarch 23, 2015
Always something to do. Plenty to keep you busy. Traveled from time to time to different facilities. Good people around to finish work with.
Automation World
Automation Technical Foreman (Current Employee), Arvin, CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: continuous growth in knowledge.
Cons: if equipment is well mainteined with proper pm's, pdm's, it may be at times rather boring. which is in my opinion, a good problem to have.
I am proud to attain a position in the automated equipment aspect of the company. It is a position where you never truly "know everything". A position where a troubleshooting procedure can range from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on many variables, issues, etc. You never know what may happen with automated equipment, thus being the excitement of each day.
Stable job with friendly coworkers.
drafter (Current Employee), Arvin, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: stable, fun, peaceful work environment
Cons: too much computer time
Grimmway Farms is a great place to work. I generally work in the office in AutoCAD, but get to do site reviews and take measurements on carrot processing equipment and buildings. I have learned to draft and design accurately in AutoCAD and to as-build existing equipment. My coworkers are friendly and management has improved recently. The hardest part of my job is working at heights and confined spaces and working on the computer most of the time. The most enjoyable part is getting out in the field to take measurements and designing things in AutoCAD.
best experience
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Arvin CaSeptember 30, 2014
loved this jobs i see the world different because of this experience.
A so-so workplace.
Machinist/Welder's Helper (Former Employee), Arvin, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: overtime, 40 hours per week
Cons: low pay, poor management
I learned a whole lot about reading blueprints, assisting welders and I learned how to run machines at Grimmway construction. The management liked to make off-color jokes, curse at employees, and complain in general.
Excellent place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Shafter, CASeptember 15, 2014
Sort mail sent out invoices to correct department for approval. Open door policy for any kind of questions or concerns. Great back up from management. Hardest part of job was to get approval on some of the invoices sometime got lost. Team work was good.
comfortable work area
TEMP sorter and tally (Former Employee), Arvin, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: 15min breaks every 21/2hrs
Cons: temp job
great atmosphere. worked with amazing people including the mangers. were all very understanding and helpful.
Distributing products
Stacker (Current Employee), Arvin, CAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: free carrots
Get to work, clock in check machinery to see what it needs or needs to be changed after the previous shift. Order rolls for machinery, bagging and distributing supplies
Learned a lot and advanced quickly
Maintenance Mechanic III-Lead (Former Employee), Lamont, CAJuly 28, 2014
• Repaired processing equipment; performed preventative maintenance on equipment; repaired and maintained pump sprinkler systems; performed electrical trouble shooting and repair.

• Performed welding on equipment as needed.
Productive and fun work place
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Arvin, CAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: early in the morning
Cons: short brakes
It is a fun but hard place to work in, Management were really good at understanding your personal things and working around it
ok job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Arvin, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: if your working over night sucks
Overnight cleaning and repairing machines. I learned how to stay up all night and how it feel to work six days with bad pay. The people I work with were good people. Hardest part is coming to work everyday.
work environment
Drafter/Designer (Current Employee), Arvin, CAApril 20, 2014
I work 10 hours days Monday - Friday. I design 3D models of the engineers want and layout the drawings for our fabrication shop. I have learned a lot coming straight out of college that they don't teach in college. Co-workers are great and friendly if i have question someone is there to help. the hardest part of the job is sitting down for 10 hours a day. the most enjoyably part of my job is the design work creating 3D models.
Kind of a great place to work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: no advancements
I really enjoyed working there my coworkers were great my supervisor was great. I just never heard of any job advancement or pay advancement any time soon.
Exciting fun place to work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: excellent atomosphere.
Cons: short temporary assignment.
A typical day began with greeting my fellow co-workers with a smile. The atomosphere was very relaxing and my fellow piers where exciting to be around with. I learned to cope and deliver excellent daily office asignments and to assist manageament with the daily tasks as needed. The hardest part of the job would be not finding a specific file or document the easiest part and most enjoyable would be interacting and learning from my fellow team members.
Fast-paced, challenging atmosphere, but a great place to learn!
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Arvin, CANovember 21, 2013
Typical day includes interacting with all different people, from shift workers to general managers. So much to learn about operations, production, maintenance, scheduling and managing. A great environment to challenge yourself and contribute.
Family owned business active in growing the company to full potential.
wrk hrs to long 15hrs days
truck driver (Former Employee), Arvin, CASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: provide food and housing when out of town
only one family haves control of supervicers postions no one can advance
fun workplace
Stacker/Automation Operator (Former Employee), Arvin, CAAugust 31, 2013
a typical day at work is hard labor and the benefits are good, i learned a lot of landscape and maintenance work

About Grimmway Farms

If Bugs Bunny were to visit Grimmway, he would think he'd died and gone to heaven. The company, which does business as Grimmway – Read more

Grimmway Farms Salaries