Grimmway Farms Employee Reviews

Grimmway
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Arvin, CA 93203August 26, 2016
working at Grimmway Farms.Inc was a geat thing for me becuse I was able to get many of the job skills that i needed to become a better worker
Pros
work
Cons
work
productive work environment
sorter/packer/stacker (Former Employee) –  Arvin, CAApril 20, 2016
i enjoyed my time there. Always very clean and very busy which i like.A typical day at work for me was just gettin through the first 2 hours after that it was like a short plane flight it was over fast. I learned to work as a team and to conduct myself at a even faster pace then what i was already used to. My co workers I didnt know much due to the fact that they only spoke spanish. My management was very cool to me and polite. The hardest part of the job was me not knowing spanish.The most enjoyable part of my job was just to be making money for my son and daughter.
Pros
no free lunch just a taco truck and vending machines
Cons
10 min breaks every 2 in a half hours 30 min lunches
Horrible
Stacker (Current Employee) –  Lamont, CAApril 1, 2016
not good experience Didnt work with me or try to help me out seemed to be more interested in the fact that i was just working for them.
i didnt feel welcome
Painter (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CAMarch 22, 2016
I didn't feel welcome at Grimmway farms, when I started in 2012 all the way until I was terminated in 2016 I never felt like I was welcome. though I did learn a little bit about painting.
there was no such thing as a typical day at Grimmway farms everyday was confusing and unessicarily difficult.
Pros
decent breaks
Cons
terrible work schedule and unfriendly management
productive fast pace work environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 20, 2016
i loved this job my supervisors an co-workers were great influences on my work day by day i learned and grew the best part i will say was the face pace enviroment it kept me going moving and i went in everyday looking to do better than the last day
Pros
great hours and pay
Cons
low benifits
Productive workplace, friendly employees, and efficient work.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 9, 2015
Comfortable workplace with supportive management and use of critical thinking and data analysis. Learned a lot about numbers and how to critically analyze a problem. Management was satisfactory. Co-workers were all very friendly and it was very enjoyable working alongside them. Collected data was kind of hard to utilize.
Pros
Amazing staff support, lunch breaks.
Cons
N/A
stacking
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Arvin, CADecember 3, 2015
stacking was fun, but could be hard work but did like the pay rate. we work hard and i learn alot to stacking people where awsosme
it was a learning expierence i got to learn how to use the optical sorting machine, the best and the tegra i learned how to do shipping and recieving
machine operator (Former Employee) –  arvin caOctober 6, 2015
grimmway farms has been a job expierence but there is no room for advancment and the pay is really low its not payed like it should be it pays way less then other companies and most supervisors have not got the proper training to supervise other employees
Pros
get to learn new things
Cons
you get stuff in any position for yrs and low pay
Great company with great morals and values
Sales and Merchandising Specialist Grimmway Farms (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 16, 2015
Grimmway is a wonderful company to work for. The people here love what they do and it shows in their loyalty to the company.
I like working for Grimmway.
Stacker Operator (Current Employee) –  Arvin, CAAugust 30, 2015
worker friendly with a supervisor who supports all her hard working employees. Provides lots of hours and at minimum wage is appreciated

Want to know more about Grimmway Farms?

Ask a question
Outside view of the mountain
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Buttonwillow, CAJuly 22, 2015
The costumer were awesome. Learn more about Hazardous waste.
The hardest was walking around in the freezer room in the dark.
good supervisor and manager
quality control (Former Employee) –  Lamont, CAJune 7, 2015
15 minute break every 2 hours, 30 min lunch. also lunch truck and vending machines. management was good, hardest part of the job was making sure all the exp dates were correct for each bag.
productive
Tractor Driver (Former Employee) –  Arvin, CAMay 28, 2015
operated tractor while the carrot harvester would dump carrots on to trailer until full then i would unload and hook up another trailer there was foreman who ran the crew of 9 it was fun job to work at
Fun around amazing people.
Stacker #2/ Machine Operator Trainee (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 26, 2015
My day went well. I have learned things i didn't know. Management is great. Everyone around me is very out going. The hard part of my job is the first day being there. The most enjoyable is i learned and meet great people around me.
Pros
free time
Cons
breaks
great work enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  bakersfield caMarch 23, 2015
great work enviroment.owner is awsome and easy to work with. always makes sure employees come first and that everyone is happy
Work to finish.
Electrician II (Former Employee) –  Arvin, CAMarch 23, 2015
Always something to do. Plenty to keep you busy. Traveled from time to time to different facilities. Good people around to finish work with.
Automation World
Automation Technical Foreman (Current Employee) –  Arvin, CAFebruary 25, 2015
I am proud to attain a position in the automated equipment aspect of the company. It is a position where you never truly "know everything". A position where a troubleshooting procedure can range from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on many variables, issues, etc. You never know what may happen with automated equipment, thus being the excitement of each day.
Pros
continuous growth in knowledge.
Cons
if equipment is well mainteined with proper pm's, pdm's, it may be at times rather boring. which is in my opinion, a good problem to have.
Stable job with friendly coworkers.
drafter (Current Employee) –  Arvin, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Grimmway Farms is a great place to work. I generally work in the office in AutoCAD, but get to do site reviews and take measurements on carrot processing equipment and buildings. I have learned to draft and design accurately in AutoCAD and to as-build existing equipment. My coworkers are friendly and management has improved recently. The hardest part of my job is working at heights and confined spaces and working on the computer most of the time. The most enjoyable part is getting out in the field to take measurements and designing things in AutoCAD.
Pros
stable, fun, peaceful work environment
Cons
too much computer time
best experience
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arvin CaSeptember 30, 2014
loved this jobs i see the world different because of this experience.
A so-so workplace.
Machinist/Welder's Helper (Former Employee) –  Arvin, CASeptember 16, 2014
I learned a whole lot about reading blueprints, assisting welders and I learned how to run machines at Grimmway construction. The management liked to make off-color jokes, curse at employees, and complain in general.
Pros
overtime, 40 hours per week
Cons
low pay, poor management