Griswold Home Care

Griswold Home Care Employee Reviews

Working in the home of the residents
CNA (Former Employee), Lewis, DEJune 22, 2015
Pros: Working with the patient one on one more time with the patient
Cons: Hardly now breaks when dealing with the resident making sure the resident is secured at all times
I loved working one on one with the residents at their home. The residents were comfortable talking to you and performing certain task in there home. They had more privacy in their home.
Great Place to Learn
C.N.A., PRN (Current Employee), Plano, TXJune 8, 2015
Although sometimes challenging a typical day at work is fun and satisfying that you did what you are suppose to do.i like to learn a new thing every day and from my coworkrs or supervisor is all good The co-workers are cooperative.The hardest part of the job is when the client is not cooperating with and you have to try all the possible ways to help them.the most enjoyable part is when the clients are appreciating what you do for them.
All positive
Live-in Caregiver (Current Employee), Ludlow, MAApril 26, 2015
Pros: Clients, other employees and management
Cons: n/a
Already did, just before Loving Care

great clients and management.
Management always worked it so emloyees matched with the clients.

Only worked for a year, was injured on the job and am now trying to obtain a new job
will keep you working
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Berlin, NJApril 24, 2015
Pros: make own scheldule
Cons: if you like a client your schedule may change if you want to stay with them
you come across a lot of great clients and it is very hard to not get your feelings involved. The thing that i noticed about this particular company is that they have rules but they seem to only enforce them when it is convenient for them. there is a no cell phone policy while working with your clients however if they would like you to pick up another shift they will call you on your cell phone. I believe the pay is great but you have to pay your own taxes because you get paid with personal checks.
Always Meeting new great people.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Lewes, DEApril 16, 2015
Pros: paid on same day
Cons: work long hours (12hours /day)
I love working here. It goes by my schedule, so when I can work I work when I can't, I don't. I was a good secondary job when I worked full time at SVOP. And it has been a good job to lean on after I was laid off and went to school full time.
I am able to set my own schedule, and that is a great benefit!!
Home Healthcare Aide (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCFebruary 17, 2015
I have been with Griswold for quite some time now. As a contractor there are times when work is consistently available, and also when there is no available cases. I advise to work here part time as needed.
Its different.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 22, 2015
Cons: nasty homes
I go to work knowing I get to help someone stay happy in there home. The management of this company is very understanding and great to work for. You really don't have any co worker unless you see them in the office or coming in when you are leaving. The part of the job that I didn't like was the ways some of them had to live. The best part of the job was to make them happy in the home.
Working with Griswold Home Care
Community Relations (Former Employee), Beulah, MIJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: freedom
Cons: hospice, would have liked more feedback
Separated my time between the office and out in the field.
Two days a week I made cold calls to potential referral sources, and organized events for the community.
Out in the field I conducted appointments and followed up on referral sources to try and stir up business.

I learned how to push myself without much assistance, and get passed gatekeepers both on the phone and in person.

The hardest part is working in the home care and hospice industry. It is emotionally taxing and takes a very special person to work with chronic illness and hospice patients.
Caring & involved.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Hampton, NHDecember 10, 2014
Pros: very caring. 2 hr break for live in care givers.
Cons: not enough clients to keep cna's busy when a case closes.
Good, caring staff. Care & personal attention to staff & clients. They call to check in with staff. Open door policy. They do go the extra mile for the clients.
Good Management, pay structure not the best
Community Relations Director (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PADecember 3, 2014
Pros: good life/work balance
Cons: no benefits
Model at both the Local and Corporate Levels is very professional.The company operates as a registry and employees many Part Time office and support personnel. No Benefits Offered to even Full Time Employees.
In home care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), colorado springs, coNovember 24, 2014
I was able to find work with a client fast and consistent. The hours worked well with my personal life. When I was in need of coverage for my shift for appointments or personal time there was always someone to cover my shift.
friendly and caring..
health Care Worker (Current Employee), Goose Creek, SCOctober 27, 2014
Pros: awards for employer of the month
Cons: split shifts at times
very good agency to work for, caring and friendly,the most enjoyable part of the job..
Fun and rewarding
Caregiver (Current Employee), Painesville, OHOctober 27, 2014
Pros: working with the elderly
Cons: low pay
I like feeling like I made a difference every single day. I do things like light housekeeping, companionship, meal preparation, and medication reminders.
great place to work for
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), ocean city njOctober 20, 2014
i take care of elderly poeple and i enjoy wat i do and the time i get to spend with them
Griswold Home Care
Communication Relations Coordinator (Current Employee), Camp Springs, MDOctober 7, 2014
Griswold Home Care is a non-medical home care facility that services the entire Prince George's County area!

Our areas of special interest include companionship, homemaking, and personal care.

Whether you hire us to care for Mom while you take a break or Mom hire's us herself so as not to have to watch t.v alone; we do that too!

A reasonably agency with an endless number of qualified caregivers means were always working.

To know that I'm in a business that aims to satisfy the necessary and often neglected needs of seniors is personally benefiting and I'm happy to be doing all that I can to help!
I loved my job
Caregiver (Former Employee), United States of AmericaOctober 6, 2014
Pros: my job was worth my time
Cons: i enjoyed taking care of the elderly
My day would start at 9;00 am .i would get my client ready,make her breakfast,sit with her and eat together,read to her a newspaper,take a walk for an hour,come back rest for little bit,get lunch,do puzzles,give medication,change for the night and sleep.

It was a challenging job at first but i made it.I learnt to be patient and disciplined.

Management was great they were ready to answer any questions you had and they were ready at all times to help in each and every way that you had an issue.

My co-workers were always there to support no matter what you are going through.

The hardest part of the job was a day would go without your client speaking to you due to their health.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the client would hug you and appreciate you for what you do for them despite their condition.
great team of supervisors
care giver (Former Employee), baltimore,mdSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: very professional work place
Cons: not enough work
My typical day at work was coming in to work with a smile on my face, Greeting my resident asking how they feel today preparing them for bathing,. showering ,dressing ,hair care, nair care,plant care meal preparation,feeding oral care, toileting,light house keeping ,laundry, companion care,
Working at Griswold kept me motivated.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Quincy, MASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: my work skills increased.
Cons: permanently laid off
As a Office Manager I was involved in all aspects of the business
Customer Service assistance
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLAugust 28, 2014
Pros: prn
Cons: not enough work to stay busy and not enough pay or room to advance.
On the roaster waiting for work. Able to maintain a flexible schedule and choose if the job available is the right fit. Conduct a positive customer service experience for all patients at all times. Assist patients with ADL's, etc.
Great place to start if you want to work in the medical field
Caregiver (Current Employee), Ellicott City, MDAugust 6, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: consistency
this company gives you clients, and you go to the clients home and perform the services that they need on their care plan. I learned how to work with clients with certain disabities. management is wonderful. you dont really get to see your co-workers. the hardest part is watching people suffer.

Griswold Home Care Salaries