Griswold Home Care Employee Reviews

Wonderful Place to Work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 26, 2016
The case workers are very nice and they work hard to make sure that all of the Home Health Aids and Caregivers maintain 40 hours a week. The clients are warm and outgoing. I love working for Grisworld Home care and I enjoy providing quality care for the clients. Grisworld is a wonderful company that has excellent Home Health Aids and Caregivers that are kind, caring, compassionate. If Grisworld Home Care is an honest and reliable Home Health Care company that take great care of your family member.
Pros
Great Management, wonderful hours
Cons
No health benefits
Okay people to work for. My clients pay my salary.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCJanuary 29, 2017
I give them a 3 in rating .there do not have opportunities for advances in the future. There are no benefits. I pay my own taxes health insurance and liability insurance.
Pros
When I cook for most of my patients i get to eat.
Cons
I get frequent breaks according to patients needs.
It was a learning experience
Certified Nurse Assistant - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Bethel, CTNovember 16, 2016
I have learned a lot from Griwold home care. The staff were alway fun and helpful. I always got along with them. I never had any problems with my co worker or the management. I enjoy my job very much.
A variety of tasks everyday, a need to stay organized
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2017
Busy at times, a required need to multi-task, need excellent organizational skills, very little supervision, some minor issues in the office; some have more freedom than others and some unprofessional-ism, issues with employee accountability, a normal day in the office may have it's busy times but can be very slow, too.
Pros
Free lunch every Friday, somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
Fellow employee lack of professionalism, lack of intervention from the manager
the workers work as a team
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hills, UTMay 30, 2016
I is good to work here we work together as a team and help each other out.
A typical day is helping people go to the bathroom, help get them dressed and ready for the day help with getting and feeding them meals ,washing and folding clothes.
This job has helped me to be more patient and empathetic toward others

the Management are very helpful and try to be understanding

the Hardest part about this job is when some of the people you are working for are not patient it is hard do to things for every one at the same time
the most enjoyable part of my job is when I have time to talk with the resadents.
Pros
able to choose days I work
Cons
it is not working with in home people, they mess up on the schedule somtimes
Just Mediocre
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Berlin, NJAugust 30, 2016
It's hard to work somewhere where there are so many employees for the small management team to keep up with. I don't think they are following most protocol. I know this because during training they had stipulations that we were to follow and nobody really follows them.
Pay better than most. Disorganized office staff
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 6, 2016
Office staff very disorganized. Staff constantly lies about conditions in clients homes. Numerous promises to caregivers that are never fulfilled. Does not adhere to their own company policy.
Pros
In the very beginning everything sounds wonderful
Cons
Staff constantly lies.
Good People working with good people
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Severna Park, MDJanuary 26, 2017
I am able to make my own schedule with Griswold Home Health Care and the ladies are really great with communication, they call you as soon as something is available, sometimes it's last minute but sometimes the calls come in at the last minute. But all in all it's a really good company.
Owner of company is wonderful
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJApril 27, 2016
My typical day working as a Griswold Home Care Supervisor entails making a visit to see the client at home to assess for any changes in their health status. I also review the care plan with the care giver making any adjustments as needed. In addition, I discuss the services being provided with the client to ensure that they have no complaints and are satisfied.

The best part of my day is teaching the client about their disease process i.e. diabetes, heart disease, medication management. I enjoy the one to one interaction with the client in their home setting.

The hardest part of my day is the commute and getting stuck in traffic.
Pros
Free ceu's
Cons
not enough clients to keep me busy part time
Flexible work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLFebruary 2, 2017
I love the owner and his family..wonderful loving caring christian people who truly care about their clients and staff. They work with their employees to ensure and perfect work schedule.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
not enough work sometimes
Great Boss No Benefits
Certified Nurse's Aide (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXApril 19, 2016
Flexible hours and assignments, absolutely no benefits, no paid vacation, insurance, raises, or chance for advancement, and low pay.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No Benefits
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, PANovember 23, 2016
This is a great company to work for because you are working in direct patient care in their homes, and this company backs you up 100% so you never feel like your completely on your own.
Positive Experience
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCFebruary 8, 2016
My experience with Griswold Home Care has been very positive. The office staff is often overworked, but do their best to return calls to caregivers.
Pros
I like the flexibility.
Cons
Not enough hours. They pay on time, but when the company raises their fees, the caregiver doesn't get a raise at the same time. No room for advancement or pay raises.
Flexible work
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJNovember 15, 2016
It can be rewarding and sad work at times. The family's can be awesome. Steady flow of case's for the most part. Hardest part is grieving family's and starting a new case abruptly.
I enjoyed working for the elderly
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Warren, PAMay 23, 2016
They were always willing to work with my schedule. I enjoyed my clients. I always had as many hours as I wanted and time off when I needed it.
Pros
working with the elderly
Cons
no benefits- independent contractor- tax hassles
wonderful owner
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 16, 2016
i enjoyed helping people so they can stay in there own homes and take care of them. its very rewarding. Giving there families peace of mind when they leave you with them
Pros
rewarding
Cons
patients get sick or pass away
fair place
CNA/Sitter (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 3, 2016
fair place to work, could be better, owner doesn't listen to what you have to say, no team work from office, love working with people
Pros
paid every week
Cons
no communication
Great Opportunity
Caregiver/Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 6, 2016
A typical workday consists of providing care to the elderly and disabled community. This included activities of daily living, preparing meals, light housekeeping, providing transportation to and from appointments, and companionship. I learned a great deal of patience, providing quality care, and how important it is to be good at your job. This position instilled a lot of self management being that we were responsible for maintaining our own schedules, putting in the correct time sheets, completing logs of care provided, and knowing what to do in strenuous circumstances. The hardest part of the job was separating one's personal life from that of the family that is receiving care. I most enjoyed putting a smile on my clients' faces.
Can vary
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 29, 2016
It is a very cool job if you're interested in healthcare. it is also fairly easy depending on the requirements of your patient. The pay is also flexible.
Perfect Job for a Working Mom!
Caregiver / Companion (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDAugust 16, 2015
I love that you get to set your hours. Management cares a great deal that client and caregiver are a good fit so they do a great job with matching your up with a client that you get along with. The compensation is fair and the clients are awesome. Management is very understanding about family priorities and communicates with employees respectfully. I love working for this company. And because it is nationwide I am guaranteed employment with this company where ever and whenever I choose to relocate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Griswold Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.