Griswold Home Care Employee Reviews in United States

Nice staff
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 5, 2016
staff is nice but no hourly work. I want hours they don't have. After weeks of no call my manager gets mad if I have work elsewhere. I need to pay bills
Pros
nice staff
Cons
no work no taxes taken out
the workers work as a team
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hills, UTMay 30, 2016
I is good to work here we work together as a team and help each other out.
A typical day is helping people go to the bathroom, help get them dressed and ready for the day help with getting and feeding them meals ,washing and folding clothes.
This job has helped me to be more patient and empathetic toward others

the Management are very helpful and try to be understanding

the Hardest part about this job is when some of the people you are working for are not patient it is hard do to things for every one at the same time
the most enjoyable part of my job is when I have time to talk with the resadents.
Pros
able to choose days I work
Cons
it is not working with in home people, they mess up on the schedule somtimes
walking, acompany client to doctors apointment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 16, 2016
I enjoy working with elderly .
They give you transportation
Client do grocery
They show you respect
They make you feel happy working with them
They listen to your concern as a nurse
Pros
lunch
Cons
short breaks, breakfast
Owner of company is wonderful
Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJApril 27, 2016
My typical day working as a Griswold Home Care Supervisor entails making a visit to see the client at home to assess for any changes in their health status. I also review the care plan with the care giver making any adjustments as needed. In addition, I discuss the services being provided with the client to ensure that they have no complaints and are satisfied.

The best part of my day is teaching the client about their disease process i.e. diabetes, heart disease, medication management. I enjoy the one to one interaction with the client in their home setting.

The hardest part of my day is the commute and getting stuck in traffic.
Pros
Free ceu's
Cons
not enough clients to keep me busy part time
Great Boss No Benefits
Certified Nurse's Aide (Current Employee) –  Keller, TXApril 19, 2016
Flexible hours and assignments, absolutely no benefits, no paid vacation, insurance, raises, or chance for advancement, and low pay.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No Benefits
Over all wonderful
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 18, 2016
Work in home with seniors and the disabled. Cook clean, provide meds and be their for companionship. A very heart felt job. The hardest part was leaving a client or a client passing away.
Great Company
Certified Nursing Aide/Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 13, 2016
Great company with wonderful and kind management, but however had no security for steady hours. Would highly recommended to anyone.
Productive and fun workplace
Office Support (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 7, 2016
Busy processing 230 time sheets each week, insurance long term care paperwork, filing, answering phone calls. Co-workers wonderful. Nothing hard about this job.
unprofessional owner have no clue of the work you do
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 15, 2016
very unprofessional with no customer service treat the employees with little or no respect or value they will give a case but dont know what it is your doing on the case. you are going to be taking care of clients but the company only care about them self not the client or you the worker
Pros
the people that you are able to take care of only a daily bases
Cons
having call in 2 the office
Great Team to work for. Very Accommodating.
In-home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 12, 2016
Working one-on-one with client. Always enjoyable to brighten someone's day. Usually working alone versus a team. Reliable management.
Positive Experience
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCFebruary 8, 2016
My experience with Griswold Home Care has been very positive. The office staff is often overworked, but do their best to return calls to caregivers.
Pros
I like the flexibility.
Cons
Not enough hours. They pay on time, but when the company raises their fees, the caregiver doesn't get a raise at the same time. No room for advancement or pay raises.
Great Opportunity
Caregiver/Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 6, 2016
A typical workday consists of providing care to the elderly and disabled community. This included activities of daily living, preparing meals, light housekeeping, providing transportation to and from appointments, and companionship. I learned a great deal of patience, providing quality care, and how important it is to be good at your job. This position instilled a lot of self management being that we were responsible for maintaining our own schedules, putting in the correct time sheets, completing logs of care provided, and knowing what to do in strenuous circumstances. The hardest part of the job was separating one's personal life from that of the family that is receiving care. I most enjoyed putting a smile on my clients' faces.
PCA over view
PCA duties consists light housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Ludlow, MANovember 16, 2015
Being a PCA is one of the most gratifying jobs I have ever had. To assist someone who is otherwise incapable of doing so on their own with daily living and other tasks just warms my heart. Forming a bond and a trust with elderly people who depend on your support, help and care is just wonderful. I help with cleaning, laundry, ambulation, physical therapy exercises, medication reminders, personal hygiene and dressing wounds as needed.
Pros
Forming bonds and relationships and helping others meet their daily needs.
Cons
Its very sad when clients get sick or pass away.
Daily
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 2, 2015
Griswold is a great company to work at they work in a timley manner to find clients for you and they are very acceptable if you need days off for important days
graet place to be apart of
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 26, 2015
Loved working with director, very professional. She is a women of integrity. Loved all the different clients stories.
thoroughly enjoy being a caregiver.
Independant Contractor (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 23, 2015
A typical day would be getting caught up on how their day has been. grocery shopping for them. making lunch. Taking them for a walk or out for a drive.
Pros
the satisfaction I get from taking care of someone.
Cons
When a client passes away. I get attached to people easily.
griswold
Caregiver/HHA (Current Employee) –  san diegoOctober 13, 2015
I did in home care and I worked a rotating shift with one other person. We got along great we both made sure that we left all supplies stocked for the next person.
Nice workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTOctober 10, 2015
I like being able to take care of people with their daily needs and assisting and associating with them. I learned to have patience with those who are disabled and ill. My case managers are really nice and they do whatever they can to help the employees. The hardest part of the job is when I leave my clients after my shift is over. The most enjoyable part is being capable of putting a smile on their face and seeing them happy and just knowing I'm doing a good deed.
Very Co-operative and responsive atmosphere
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  HamiltonSeptember 29, 2015
A good job opportunity and placement. It is an agency that gives you client with which you work with at their homes. The agency reviews and makes sure that you are comfortable with the job they have placed you in. Overall a very good start if you want to pursue nursing.
Franchise owner inexperienced with caregiving
Live in care giver (Former Employee) –  PortsmouthAugust 27, 2015
I worked out of the Portsmouth NH office. The owner had no clue about care giving and was slow to meet the needs of the client I had. It often took days to get needs met.

I would work for Griswold again but not Portsmouth. A good boss makes for a good employee.
Pros
Great 4 day shift and great pay
Cons
Lack of care from owner

4.2