Grocers Supply Employee Reviews

Service/Sales
Service/Sales (Current Employee) –  HoustonMarch 27, 2017
Second go around wwith this company. The hours and flexibility are great. I have learned a lot and utilize those learning curves to promote sales. When sales are down, things get rough
A general lack of communication
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 22, 2017
The typical day started with the distribution of orders, separation of tasks, and some specific assignments of duties. The culture, unfortunately, was often one of self-serving and complaints. There was little communication between the day and night shifts, which alienated the second shift. Changes in procedures were often given in hindsight or too late. Circumstantial changes were often rumored for days before management would speak to the employees leading to low moral.
Pros
overtime paid consistently and generously
Cons
high health care costs (small company)
Out of business
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2017
No longer a company. Bought out last year. Easy work. Most of supervisors worked well with the associates. Small company with only about 25 employees.
High turn around
Office Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2017
this is the only job I really did not like because the people was very disrespectful and the management did not care how the runners talk to you, it more respect for the runners than for everybody else.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
high level of ignorance
Good place to work.
Warehouse Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2017
Good place to work. Get fit. Raises are nice. Management are good people. Good work schedule. Enjoyed my time there. Would recommend company to anyone.
Productive with expectations that are unattainable
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 2, 2017
A typical day at work for me at my former job was stressful. I learned the ins and out of Inventory and respect the hard work required to ensure everything is accounted for. The management team, I felt, wasn't on my side for anything that required money. Whether that was suggesting for new or existing equipment to be replaced or fixed. I had several workstations that were taken away from me due to management assigning them to others and not realizing (or caring) that I was being displaced. When asked what or where I should go I was either ignored all together or told to "make due with what I had" which wasn't much or anything at all. The culture around me seemed to be ok but many did feel that if you weren't personally friendly with upper management that advancement within the company was unnecessarily difficult. The hardest part of my job was going into every day and being behind. For a facility of that size Inventory Control needed to be at least a 2 man job as it was very easy to get overwhelmed. And once one did fall behind or got overwhelmed there was almost no chance of ever catching up. This means breaks were given up almost every day since I needed the 15 minutes to keep working and try and alleviate some of the pressure of being behind while the rest of the warehouse stopped. I enjoyed my lunches most. Though most of them were never on time it was finally a chance for me to sit and relax, breathe and hear myself think.
Pros
Worked 4-10 shifts
Cons
Inventory position was understaffed
Productive and fun work place
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 8, 2016
What I've learned working there was order pulling. The hardest part of the job was learning how to stack. Most enjoyable part of the job was working against time but over all its a great company including the job lmanagement and co-wormers
productive safe place to work
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2016
Pretty much heavy volume of work..typical 8 -10 hr shifts..love the fast pace environment. Very safe company. equipment is not in good shape tho, which effects your work progress.
A great place to grow
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2016
A day at Grocers, expect the unexpected. Ive learned, that if you work for it, you've earned it. Management, is summed up in one word communication, you can't be heard if you dont speak. Coworkers, are a fun bunch once you get to know them. The hardest part of the job, is programming the body for the work. The most enjoyable part of the job, is knowing that your work puts food on the shelves of many stores.
Pros
Paid Holidays, Credit Union, Onsite Clinic
Benefits
Ample skill experience
Lead Man (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2016
Grocery Supply offers opportunity for one to improve his/her skills and gain new skills while working for the company.
Pros
Weekly pay periods
Cons
Short breaks
enjoyed my work.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2016
work was fun , enjoyable , normal 8 hour shift , some overtime , very busy, productive , team work an no complaints I enjoyed my work here.
Never work here please
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2016
Not worth it Job suck and racist people does not pay the way they should and Always putting other peoples Work on you
Productive and a okay environment
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
Work good hours 5 days out of the week.
I learned how to use two pallets instead of the typical one.
They give you opportunities to move up in the work place.
What I enjoyed most was the pay!
Productive place to work, fast paced, multi tasking
Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2016
Enjoy working with good people, a lot of policy and procedures to keep employees safe, and retain employees, need to quit cutting employees in departments and shifting work loads to other departments with no extra help.
Pros
Show employees apperation
Cons
Health care and max salarey in positions
fun and exciting place to work
Preventive Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2016
I learned how to drive 18 wheelers at this place and they gave me a great opportunity to grow in this company. I've met a lot of long time friends and management was great.
Good Transition Job
Driver Hostler (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 7, 2016
Good place to work if time is not a factor. Long hours depending on workload or organization from supervisors. Very time consuming due to inexperienced personnel making decisions, inconsiderate of outside work life. Frequent equipment problems and low accountability. If you can look past many of the problems, it can provide a steady income, however longevity is difficult
Office
Accounts payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2016
Loved it ! Before C&S Wholesale
Everything was good, good benefits, company running good...but when Levitz sold Grocers to new owners everything change to bad..
They brought there own people , change everything
Including payroll, benefits, and rules...
Because of there change they ended up loosing business and keep doing laid offs..
Pros
Cons
The new management
Very difficult job and also very tiring
Dry Selector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2016
When I first started off they didn't give me much time to catch on to all the stacking patterns and moving at a quick pace. Everyone isn't cut out for that type of work but the pay is good and the work hours are miscellaneous.
Pros
Hour and a half lunches and 3 15 minute breaks
Cons
Some days were longer than others
cool job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2016
great pay half the machines didn't work horrible place to work, 3 days on and 4 days off or vice versa. good people to be around very hard working job.
Productive and excellent place to work.
Vendor Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2016
I enjoyed working at this place. I learned a lot about the grocery industry. I learned how frozen foods are ordered, handled and processed by large companies.
Pros
Good parking-free; free lunch on Fridays.
Cons
Worked in an office of below -3 in the frozen food warehouse.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grocers Supply. Our community is ready to answer.