Grocery Outlet

Grocery Outlet Employer Reviews

i really liked this job.
Frieght worker (Former Employee), Roseburg,Oregon,USAAugust 7, 2014
It was physical and demanding.It was something I really looked forward to doing everyday.The people I worked with were great to work with,we all got along and worked proficantly together.
Favoritism, Retaliation, Bullying
Clerk (Former Employee), Greenhaven Sacramento, CAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: lived right down the street
Cons: no benefits, no room for advancement, poor pay, poor hours, retaliation
Relocated and left my steady job at a successful, corporate grocery chain to work at a family-owned Grocery Outlet. Hugely regret this. Employees are untrained and ignorant to the workings of a grocery store, management is unprofessional, and the owners are clueless. Coworkers of mine couldn't read labels and match tags, so products would be stocked – more... in the wrong places, the meat and dairy products the store would receive would be left out too long, spoiling the product, and the workers would create safety hazards by stacking product too high. Owners were unaware of this, or it is not important to them. The store's staff consists of mainly the owner's friends and family, so there is a lot of favoritism and slack cut for them. A manager bullied me, and I reported it a number of times to the owners and they told me I was being "petty." A week later, they let me go. I asked for a reason, and they said that my 90-day period had ended. Retaliation much? The owner and the manager that had it out for me have a personal relationship, so that probably influenced his decision to let me go. So I went from being a successful clerk to being jobless because of the hostile environment at this store. – less
Good first job.
Store Manager-Retail Sales (Former Employee), CaliforniaJuly 30, 2014
Pros: operator programs
Cons: compensation
Grocery Outlet is a good job for first time workers. It is pretty easy, laid back and there is room for advancement if you are willing to work hard. If you are interested in owning your own store, and don't have a lot of money, it's a great place to work as they have programs to get you into owning and operating your own business.
store clerk
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Hanford CaJuly 30, 2014
greeted and assisted customers, bagged purchased merchandise, stocked shelves with new merchandise, set up seasonal displays, answered questions and the merchandise, completed price checks, and completed store inventory identified items to be restored
I good place to learn retail
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 29, 2014
I found GO a good place to start a Grocery Career. I found the job itself pretty easy, but they do not pay very well. So like I said it is a good place to start.
LAck of communication
Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Point Loma, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: healthcare
very familiar with the system but it seems like everyone run their own store very differently. but felt other are being used because of their work effort and some of just demanding others. Can't pleased everyone. Stay strong and happy no matter what. tomorrow is a better day
MANAGEMENT
Owner/Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2014
Pros: individual ownership
Cons: long work week
LEARNED THE DAILY OPERATIONS OF A SMALL BUSINESS,HIRING OF EMPLOYEES,DAILY WORK LIST,CASH HANDLING,ORDERING PRODUCT,BUILDING FLOOR DISPLAYS FOR SEASONAL PRODUCT
Fun place to work, but no benefits and not much room to advance...
Cashier (Former Employee), Roseburg, ORJuly 11, 2014
Pros: paid 1 week vacation after 1 yr.. 401 k and aflac
Cons: not much room to advance, pay is not very high and raises are small when they do happen.
Pretty same routine day in and day out. Busy from the 1st through the 10th always, Dies down a little for a few more days and then slow at the end of the month. Days consist of waiting on customers, keeping the front end clean and stocked of product. Assisting in whatever areas need you, answering customer questions and concerns. Co workers function – more... pretty well as a team and jump in when needed. Hardest thing was to get all tasks accomplished when we were very busy. The best part was knowing you helped people and when they appreciated you. It makes all the hard work worth it. – less
very fast paced workplace
Produce Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 5, 2014
Pros: good dental, alot physical labour, fun atmosphere
Cons: required long lunches and slow office equpment
arrive daily at 5am inspect produce pallets,do quality control on current inventory, brake down pallets build displays have pallets broke down before 8am, i learned how to make displays and enter contest. the hardest part was trying to use what little space we had in the warehouse, best part of the job was talking to the customers and coworkers.
Great prices for Groceries
Cashier, Stock, Customer Service, Zoning (Former Employee), Concord, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: bonding with customers an knowing the regular consumers
Cons: not enough hours
I feel like this store is a perfect store to shop at because the prices are just perfect. i was a cashier there an i meet a lot of great customers. All my co-workers were very sweet we all got along great.
Good experience
Produce Clerk/Buyer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 25, 2014
Pros: early off, working independantly, working with co-workers with fruitful knowledge
Cons: early hours, not so decent pay, quality standards of goods not so great
Come in early in the AM to open the department and build displays throughout the store. Accommodate customers with any queries or concerns.
I learned a great deal about purchasing produce to meet the demand of customers and store sales.
Management was very easy to deal with, there was not too many managers to deal with, and it was obvious who was who.
Co-workers – more... were great and fun to work with.
For the I only had a hard time getting up early in the morning.
The most enjoyable part was working with the people there. – less
Good people to work for
Customer Service; Multi-tasking; Abide by all OSHA (Current Employee), downtown fresnoJune 11, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: minimum salary
There is a nice balance of working hard and engaging with costumer. The owner and store manager are great guys and did a good job in hiring some of the best people in Fresno.
Caring employer's
Store Manager (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 11, 2014
A great place to work until the corporate office closed both Arizona stores. The wage wasn't the highest but the management always worked me regarding my children's needs. The customer's were tough but I enjoyed the many challenges. The shoplifter's were bold threatening never to come shoplifting there again as they're getting escorted out the door.
fast pace job
owner Lenard & Polly Bailiff (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, WAMay 10, 2014
Pros: unloading trucks
Cons: breaking down produce
i learned a lot working with the public and working with the owners what an in-packed they did in my life as well as my family
The owners are really great to work for
Cashier/ supervisor (Former Employee), OregonMay 4, 2014
We received a free turkey for thanks giving every year. They are really good to their employees. I leaned how to close a store and count down tills
Prefered work environment
Grocery Lead Stock (Former Employee), Fountain Valley, CAApril 25, 2014
Pros: great team and work environment
Cons: dissatisfied customers
I like showing up at work and seeing my regular customers. I learned how to be more customer service friendly. The management is great to work with. The co-workers there are a great team to work with. When a customer is dissatisfied was one of the hardest things to deal with. Solving this problem made my work enjoyable.
Sales Clerk
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAApril 24, 2014
Cons: no healthcare
A typical day would be clocking in, checking with my manager and immediately start completing the task of the day. I zoned and stocked merchandize when i wasn't cashiering. I learned a lot from this job such as working a cash register and how to interact with different people.
nice
cashier (Former Employee), pensacola flApril 16, 2014
a good place to start I learned a lot working with them. I would easily tell anyone about this place if they're looking for somewhere to work.
Grocery Outlet
Manager (Former Employee), Hemet CaliforniaMarch 28, 2014
Pros: i was one of the top people there
Cons: low pay and not many raises.owners did not know how to run a company
At grocery Outlet I started out as a bagger and I got the carts outside. But as time went on I moved up in the company very quickly after a year I got moved to the freezer department and I stocked the freezer. After two years I was promoted to manager and I started to close the store, I counted the safe twice a day, And I was in charge of my own department.
Flexible schedule
Assistant Produce Manager (Former Employee), Oroville, CAMarch 26, 2014
My job at various Grocery Outlet locations consisted of stocking the store for various departments. It was a great experience because I was going through college at the time and my employers were always flexible with my schedule.

The hardest part of the job was the demanding physical toll on my body. The job required a lot of heavy lifting and arriving – more... very early in the morning to stock the shelves before the store opened to the public. My co-workers were easily the most enjoyable part of my time with Grocery Outlet. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Grocery Outlet

Grocery Outlet operates more than 160 deep-discount supermarkets in a half dozen western states, primarily California, Oregon, – Read more

Grocery Outlet Photos