Grocery Outlet Employee Reviews

Boring
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CAApril 24, 2017
Poor management and favoritism. Nothing but family favoritism and giving hours to family . Some rude managers, tell them you go on break and they say they don't care or tell the store manager .
Pros
Free lunch every 100 days
Ok place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 21, 2017
Wasnt really happy with the job there was no room for me to grow within the company and infelt like i wasnt treated fair i also was tired of picking upnother employees slack
Pros
Cons
Alot
owners are laid back
Front-end Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 18, 2017
nice place to work but some employees skate by and don't work just hang out for a paycheck.
Hardest part is dealing with the shop lifters
the customers are friendly and remember you if you haven't been in for awhile
Fun atmosphere
Closing Manager (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORApril 17, 2017
Awesome place to work .great hours unfortunately no benefits or advancement opportunities. Operators are great bosses customers are great very nice. Everyone works very well together very fast paced work atmosphere
Pros
Workers are like family
Cons
No benefits
Flexible Hours and Good Job Security
Store/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CAApril 8, 2017
You are free to request available hours, days off, and vacation. Stores have many customers keep coming back which provides a good job security. My only problem was that management can be pushy.
Pros
flexible hours and shifts, job security
Not a bad place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 7, 2017
This was my first cashier job so I learned from it but the pay was low. Overall, I liked working there though. I would work there again if they returned to a location near me.The managers okay. When I wasn't on the register, I would help stock shelves so I got that experience. The most enjoyable part was helping customers.
Exciting and productive
Freight Crew (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORApril 7, 2017
Challenging tasks such as restocking soup cans and making the displays look perfect enough to catch the customers eyes. Also get to have friendly interactions with customers while assisting them with taking the groceries out to their vehicle.
unsatisfactory
Frieght Handler (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 7, 2017
Theres absolutely no moving up with this store. Grocery outlet on watt avenue is not a good or safe environment to work. Way underpaid.. Below minimum wage.. For the amount of work is not eprth it. The employees get attacked because theres no security
Pros
Cons
Alot of racist employees
Very productive and active work environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAApril 5, 2017
Always have something to work on. Whether it be cashiering, stocking aisles, grabbing carts, unloading freight or helping a guest to their car. Never a day where we are not productive. We work as a unit as well.
Pros
Time would fly by because we kept busy
Cons
Some customers could be rude.
cashier
Cashier/ Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAApril 3, 2017
learned to work on a register manage money help costomers bag groceries, stock shelves. user rdf scanners. cashe checks used coupons. chech price acurecy
A good family operated buisiness
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAApril 3, 2017
Management differs from branch to branch due to it being operated by families/individuals. My experience with the management has been great, and I would like to assume that the same treatment is a norm for the company.
Coworkers? More like family!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 30, 2017
Everyday you clock in and think "what a time to be alive!" and begin a shift that blends each day into the next. Then it starts to enter your dreams. you're scanning a mile of cans and placing them into a bottomless pit the shape of a brown paper bag. you then wake up in a cold hot summer sweat breathing heavy.

Everybody there is nice and friendly.It's a really great place.
fun
Save a lot (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOMarch 29, 2017
Good place to work, Friendly staff. Great management. Pretty easy work. People are nice. Can be busy lota of people from put of town come and shop there.
Was a great place to enjoy my first job but strict management
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CAMarch 29, 2017
The job itself was fun and worth the time, but the management treated their employees like children at times instead of treating them with respect. They were kind to the employees but it would be nice to also be taken seriously in a profession
Tough place to work with little pay
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAMarch 29, 2017
It was a tough place to work and sometimes management was unfair. My time got cut because of new hires. They wouldn't let me work 32 hours because they didn't want to give me health insurance.
Cons
health care
Freezer, produce , and grocery manager (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAMarch 21, 2017
Great place to work very family oriented good vibes they care about the people in the community always holding events for the community like bbqs and egg hunts and games during Halloween I would love to work there again
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Pay wasnt the greates but good for a high school kids
productive work place
Closing Manager (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAMarch 18, 2017
Every store varies in management since they are independently owned and operated therefore every store has its own particular style of managing their empolyees
Pros
typically flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Unprofessionalism work environment
Warehouse Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORMarch 15, 2017
Unsafe work environment; some associates were very bully and rude (they displayed unprofessionalism especially being seniors whom were with the company for quite some years), uncare about others safety while operating forklifts with forks going forward at high speed, some even physically abused other associate (when reported he only received a few days of work suspension).
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prineville, OR 97754March 6, 2017
Grocery Outlet has a fun upbeat environment. Its fun place to work for the customer were great most of the co workers and management was amazing. The owner took and interest in all his employees. Overall a great place to work.
Fun workplace
Randazzos Fruit Market (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 4, 2017
A typical day at work there would be a fast paced busy day. The store is always busy and full of costumers which keeps everyone busy there. It is a friendly environment there but the hardest part of the job is trying to take care of customers and get all your stuff done at the same time, other than that its a really great place to work at.
Pros
Pay is good, not as restricted there
Cons
not many breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grocery Outlet. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8