Grocery Outlet Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work with flexible hours.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Pace, FLNovember 9, 2015
There a re two types of work days there. First is an early day unloading trucks full of groceries and stocking the shelves. Next is just maintaining shelves with the groceries that were unloaded the day before. I learned interpersonal skills with customers and other co-workers and time management skills in order to keep shelves full of groceries. Management was very good and very helpful. Co-workers had a lot of respect for each other and always willing to help each other. Hardest part of the job was stocking shelves with strict time guidelines while we were understaffed. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting praised for doing a good job the night before the truck came.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
wages low
Laid-back atmosphere with a highly-productive staff
Dairy/Frozen Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Rohrerstown, PAFebruary 19, 2016
At Grocery Outlet, you will not be forced to push yourself over the edge as far as your personal limits. The workplace is very laid-back and comfortable, but you will be expected to stay productive and work hard. As long as you put in the effort, the management will help you with any problems you have, and won't have a problem with stopping to have a casual conversation now and again.
business closed
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2016
Enjoyed working with the public and customer service. Business closed and there was no place for advancement. Looking for a stimulating career that will enhance my knowledge and move forward with the company.
Pros
hours, customer service, discounts on groceries, employees and management
Cons
wish it would not have closed
Productive place to work always work to be done
Back-Of-House associate (Expert) (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 17, 2016
I would say a typical day is I come every morning and pull out my pallets to the floor and work on them as best and quickly as possible. I have learned so much through my managers like how to get my job the best. I enjoy my coworkers but I try to keep to myself and get my work done. Frankly, there is no hard part of my job I have challenges here and their like to fit in product when there's tight space but, I have been trained well so I get the job done.
Cons
no benefits
Great people, not great pay
Cashier/Person-in-Charge (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CANovember 18, 2015
I was one of the hardest working employees and was promoted even; however, the promotion came with more responsibility and no raise in pay.
Pros
Great community and atmosphere
Cons
no benefits, and minimum wage
Solid work with constant pace
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WADecember 7, 2015
I have the opportunity to learn to do multiple things here. I started as a night shelf facer, then a cashier, and while cashiering would help through freight, help the deli and produce, and would occasionally work in frozen foods. As a local grocery store, we had a lot of regulars and I became common to the customers as helping them in the store. It was usually busy with some slow times but overall a great place to learn and grow.
Pros
Constant work
Cons
Too many "politics"
Productive and fun meeting new people all the time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAAugust 8, 2015
I learned to be a cashier I very much enjoyed my job there. Management is very helpful and is always there when you have questions on anything. My co-workers were friendly and also helpful if i had any questions. I don't think there was a hard part. I really enjoyed being a cashier and meeting new people everyday and being able to start a conversation easily.
Pros
Meet new people, good hours, good management
Cons
No benefits, No flexible schedule
I have always been happy with where I work, just wanting more has changed my positions.
Courtesy Clerk/Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland, CAJanuary 3, 2016
I have worked for both companies and private owners. I prefer a company over a private owner. I have been in management most of my life, I am a natural born leader. Through my positions in management I have learned how to and not to approach people about work related issues.
Head Clerk / Cashier / Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 17, 2015
I love working for grocery outlet the employees are great to work
with, the customers are great and some of them look out for us
as well. our management staff is great whereas we all seem to
be on one accord almost all of the time. We get different marketing
promotions, sales adds every other week that we have to keep up
with, I think the hardest part is I have to know where all employees
are about (30) at any giving time. I am also in charge of grocery
outlet's face book which we have fun doing. we do a lot of team
work and I like the fact that a lot of our employees take pride in their
work such as displays, the way they stock their shelf's or hang their
candy and the goal is to make it look good.
Everyday was an exciting, fun and extermely busy.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 20, 2015
My days were busy with stocking the candies and spices, I also worked the register, when needed. After everything was stocked,I would clean and straighten up the isles until it was time to go to the produce section. There,I wrapped and prepared produce to go out onto the proper section. And some days I would be the key holder. My responsibilities were to help fellow workers and customers with returns, refunds and exchanges. Handle cash between office and cashiers.Management was a pleasure to work with along with my fellow employees. The hardest part of the job was leaving there.
Pros
Enjoyable work experience, great people and friendships built.
Cons
Store was not big enough.
Great people, good neighborhood
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 3, 2015
Loved this job for the most part. While, most of management was great, a lot of management were able to bend rules and get things under the radar. DVC students looking for a little extra cash would benefit from this job. Typically flexible with availability. Staff is great, customers are great (but there will ALWAYS be exceptions).
Pros
Flexible scheduling, room for advancement
Cons
30 minute lunch, not a lot of freedom
Repetitive and trying
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALJanuary 23, 2016
The customers were very mean. The bosses did not have much interaction with coworkers. Very long hours on your feet. Short breaks and long shifts
Customer retail.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 27, 2016
Basic customer retail job. Helping customer locate merchandise. Good management with friendly coworkers. flexible hours and schedule.
not a bad place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 3, 2015
No benefits. Working in the grocery industry can be pretty challenging. There is a lot of standing of, however at Grocery Outlet I did a number of things including cashiering, assisting customers,some stocking of products, making sure the shelving was organized just to mention a few duties.
Pros
assisting custoners
Cons
being on you feet for extended amounts of time
Productive and fun workplace with great people
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 20, 2015
A day of work could easily be set into a routine which would usually include a few side jobs. I gained a lot of experience in customer service. Management was very friendly and helpful. All of the co-workers were friendly and sociable. The most enjoyable part of the job was chasing after thieves who attempted to steal.
Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 2, 2015
The hardest part of this job are the people I work with. I'd Just rather work in a more professional and constructive setting, and one that works better with my school schedule.
Pros
Every Week Pay
Cons
Employees, Management
long days, little pay
Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORMarch 19, 2016
Was an ok job, but the pay wasn't very good. The owners were more about themselves than the people that worked for them. Long days and no, no health coverage, no PTO.
great workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Davis, CASeptember 29, 2015
Friendly people, semi fast paced work. Management was extremely helpful and took a lot of pride in work. I learned to manage the deli and freezer dept, learned to merchandise shelf's using simple consolidation to fit more product. Helping customers was a daily task and was very enjoyable.
Great family type work environment.
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Being able to work for such a great place has been invaluable to me. It helped me develop my customer service skills along with meeting new people. Co-workers can range from all ages and you meet a lot of new friends along the way.
The owner of the store was very caring and treated all of us like family.
Good opportunity for college students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 19, 2015
I was lucky enough to work for a great location, the management was great but just like any entry level position the pay is low and must of the customers are rude.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Rude customers