This is a hybrid position with 75% Audit and Financial Statement emphasis and 25% Tax work for a public accounting Firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing internal audits, business process control reviews, and external audit support; Tax work pertaining to prep and review of tax returns; developing and supervising staff; and assisting in client management and practice development activities.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing internal audits, business process control reviews, and other service offerings and managing to budget
- Manage and lead Financial Statement Audit engagements
- Audit, Review, Compilation of Financial Statement process
- Prepare and Review federal, state and local tax returns by collecting, analyzing and formatting financial information
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on audit and review process and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements
- Assist Partners and Directors on proposals and business development calls
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience performing financial, operational, and system audits, as well as business process control reviews
- Experience preparing and reviewing federal, state and local tax returns
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, team environment
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to think independently and be a thought leader, professional demeanor, a can-do attitude and other qualities that include decisiveness, self-initiative, and high energy
- Advanced presentation skills and experience facilitating meetings and leading group discussions
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Detail-oriented, able to work according to schedules and work plans, able to ask good questions and request help as needed
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel on a regular basis to clients as required
Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Audit, Research and Tax software.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelors in Accounting or equivalent required with strong emphasis on internal auditing
MBA/Master’s Degree in Accountancy preferred
3-5 years of progressive experience delivering internal audit services with in-charge experience desirable
Who is GCK? Company Description
Big Firm Resources....Boutique Firm Services.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.gckcpa.com