Groendyke Transport Employee Reviews

communication stinks
Payroll/Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKJune 28, 2016
Nobody wants to work together as a team, people expect other departments to just figure stuff out whether or not it will work for them or not. Nobody tests stuff before just implementing programs.
Human Resource / Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJune 3, 2016
Great company to work for. Family values and ethics. had very few issues with anything I did there. went to college and got a degree while working . that is why I don't work there anymore
Pros
Great people
Safety Oriented
Regional / Short Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKMarch 29, 2016
When I came to GTI, I had no tanker or Hazmat experience.They gave me a chance and all the training and time I needed. They overly stress safety, which, if you haul Hazmat, you understand why.
Pros
Training
Cons
3rd Party Contractor
Fun Place to work
Assistant Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasApril 14, 2015
Great workplace enviorment. A typical day is 7-5. with on call periods lasting about a week. They take of their people. Driver retention is a huge part of the duties and it takes a lot of time management. The executive management is very analytic and requires numerous reports to be submitted weekly.
Pros
Security
Cons
Driver retention
Locally a good place to work.
SEAL DI (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 1, 2015
Long hours to make good money.
Learned Hazardous Materials Transportation regulations.
Local mangers are great, corporate lies to employees.
Most co-workers are awesome, typical transportation industry.
The hardest part is giving up home life to put in the hours required to make decent money.
The most enjoyable part is making a difference in the local terminal and becoming an essential part of the day to day operations.
Corporate lies to applicants to get them to hire on. You do not find out till you claim benefits and are denied them.
Pros
Good money and local work environment.
Cons
Corporate only cares about bottom line and corporate.
Fun work environment
Fuel Dispatcher/Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 27, 2015
Everyday there were freight bills to process, customer inquiries, purchase orders and plenty of phone calls to answer.
Pay and benefits were good. At the end of my tenure, management gave mixed and conflicting directives and expectations.
Shop Foreman/Lead Mechanic (Former Employee) –  830 Tony Lama El Paso, TXJuly 1, 2014
Most days were eight to five with after hours call outs coming at any time. I learned a lot about inspecting and repairing tanker trailers. There were three asst. terminal managers during my tenure. The most difficult art of my job was dealing with conflicting directives and expectations from management. I enjoyed working with coworkers in the shop.
Very strict military type enviornment
Driver and Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJune 29, 2014
Tanker company that transport chemicals and refined produts by tanker.
aphalt
Truck Diver (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMMay 17, 2014
load and unload asphalt to different places across the state of new mexico.
Pros
home time
Cons
slow work in the winter
Another Chemical Tank Company
driver (Former Employee) –  houstonApril 8, 2014
Probably need to think twice about working with this bunch. At the Houston terminal there is constant turnover in the dispatch and management and it makes it hard for a driver.

Those who drive on percentage never get to see the invoice to make sure that they are not being scammed.

Equipment has become very poor.

It is a job and a living can be made but there are better choices out there for a driver. I would stay away.
Pros
it is a job.
Cons
numerous
just read
driver (Current Employee) –  texasMarch 21, 2014
I wanted this to be my last job. Since employed, I've noticed you have to hustle to make money or justify the fact you're hauling a bomb. You can make 50k+ daytime, weekends off at any good freight company!! The terminal management is good but they aren't paid enough to care. Their decisions are never uniform and they pass the problem on to the next driver. HR is in Oklahoma and there are terminals everywhere, so what you have is the wild west. You have drivers being sent home early, while others work there days off. Some employees are hired straight to day shift. Others are told to wait. The employee of choice is a retired veteran. They have money coming in and love to work slow and go home early. The average employee has to hustle. Make a mistake and your fired though. Unless you have extra income and can work slow, working at Groendyke is like walking on egg shells.
Pros
new trucks
Cons
job security
Great Pay and Benefits Clean Equipment
Fuel Transporter (Former Employee) –  Blue Mound, TXMarch 2, 2014
Management was Very Professional

Hardest part of the job was waiting 2 to 3 hours for a truck to come so you can start your job.

I learned how to slow down and take my time so I wont mess up on the job.
Pros
great benefits, great pay
good company
Gasoline Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  phoenix,azFebruary 17, 2014
lots of work, but lost a major contract and laid off a bunch of us.
Poor culture
Assistant Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Very hard to advance and succeed at the Channelview facility
Family owned
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJanuary 1, 2014
Family owned business. Benefits were good and overall company was good to work for.
Good People at most of the Terminals
Driver (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 19, 2013
Steady work because of the petroleum business, always have loads. However the rate of pay is terrible and below any of their competitors. For example, loads in a metro area pay anywhere form $10 to $30 less than other carriers, safety bonus at Groendyke is averaging $200 for a quarter, another carrier I work for now in the same city pays on average $1600 for the quarter, what does that tell you?
Pros
steady work
Cons
low pay
Grea t company to work for
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 5, 2013
This company had a very good training program for drivers and management. Their safety was second to none. I moved up quickly with this company, they recognize employees for their job performance. Great leadership.
Busy every day all day,
DRIVER MANAGER / DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 20, 2013
Dispatching job. Getting as many loads in as possible. Taking calls at night and early morning as well.
I feel it is a good company to work for and supports its employees.
Transport Driver/Hazmat (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 21, 2013
I currently work for Groendyke and feel as a company they try to support their employees. I have plenty of skills, education, and experience I would like to put into play.
Top Notch Company for the most part
Class A Chemical Tanker (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PA.July 5, 2013
Groendyke is a great company, but some of the corporate people leave a little bit to be desired.

The money is great. On a bad week, you can make over $1,000. On a good week, you can make $1,300 or more.

Safety is a core value at Groendyke. They don't just talk about it; they actually walk the walk, as far as safety is concerned. The equipment is pretty good, but you might find a few trucks that are about to be switched out.

The terminal managers in Bensalem, PA. and Chicago are good guys. They will back you up when you need it, and will get you home when they promise to. The Corporate people in Enid Ok are pretty nice, but the safety department is a little over-reactive, if anything happens.

You can make very good money working here, while doing easy work, but keep in mind that your first violation of any company policy, could very likely be your last.

Even though I was terminated for what I feel was a less than deserving policy violation, I have nothing bad to say about the company as a whole. Just keep an eye out for the safety department, they have absolute zero tolerance for most things.
Pros
great money, good working conditions, and good terminal managers
Cons
easy to get fired for even a minor issue

2.6