Groendyke Transport Employee Reviews

Great work plce
Gas and Chemical Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2017
A typical work day consist of completing all work related task in a timely manner. I learned that a good and professional relationship with management makes communication regarding my work responsibilities and duties the most enjoyable part of my job. This allows me to work with more confidence, knowing that am performing my job duties and responsibilities at my best. Adopting to work place culture solely depends on if the culture is positive and benefits the company and its employees. The hardest part of my job is, not having any work to do. This makes my day feels longer.
Fuel Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 23, 2017
Great place to work. Very flexible hours and a lot of at home time. Excellent equipment to work with. No forced dispatch. safety and costumer service is a main priority.
Nice and helpful employees
Chemical Dispatcher / Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2017
It was a nice place to work. Equipment was good. Drivers were basically happy. Customers were great. It was really great to learn about bulk movements.
Pros
People are nice
Cons
Local management was not up to par
Loved this job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 10, 2017
I loved this job and what I did. I was a dispatcher to many drivers and I got a long with them all. The manager is a little mean to everyone so we butted heads.
Supervisor In Tulsa Office is TERRIBLE!!!!
Terminal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 9, 2017
I enjoyed working with the truckers and most of the office staff. The Terminal Manager was rude and mean most of the time and it didn't matter if you complained, she never got reprimanded.
Pros
Nice truckers
Cons
Hateful manager.
Very weak management team.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKApril 21, 2017
Family owned company. Very weak management in place. Very few degreed management personnel. Formal education is not encouraged. Management is usually a promoted truck driver.
HQ'ed in small town to keep wages artificially low. Lots of turnover in driver force.

Need to be buddies with the right management staff to move forward.
Pros
Casual dress environment
Cons
Cubicles. Not allowed to talk during work.
good company
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COApril 17, 2017
This company I would suggest to someone to work for also the atmosphere there happen to be very good the people working there were easy to work with the equipment also easy to repair
good
Cons
shop condition old building
Be more supportive overall
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Colorado SpringsMarch 21, 2017
Be more supportive on family issues and give raises at least onece a year to support the economy. The work is hard but at times rewarding. To improve moral for the dispatchers and drivers
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Having to go back for meetings
Tanker Truck Driver
Broadband Tech I (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKMarch 18, 2017
The job itself was fine when working. But dead times killed the income. Also factors were in abundance that slowed delivery times down to refineries. The money just wasn't as good as I hoped.
Great people in the office who understand the value of life away from work.
CDL Asphalt Driver (Former Employee) –  Henderson, CO 80640March 3, 2017
Dispatch at Denver office needs some work to make days more productive for drivers. They need to work on sharing customers between drivers. Some drivers make more money because certain customers are more consistent and those routes are closer. The office does understand about life away from work. The people in the Henderson office are really great and there is no forced dispatch. Also the drivers who have hazmat who are willing to drive in the mountains don't make as much money as the ones who stayed local. Loading can take many hours. 65 mph speed governor on trucks. Too much safety equipment for experienced drivers in trucks.
Pros
Hometime and office personnel
Cons
Equipment and wait time
Fair training company
Trainer/Transport Driver/Hazmat (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 27, 2017
This s not a bad company for beginners. They will train you but you will not make much money working with them. As far as people there they do listen to you as an employee.
Provided close to home work environment
Senior Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Angleton, TXFebruary 14, 2017
It was a decent place to work. Problem is you were not paid overtime and expected to work as many hours as needed which usually consisted of an 80 hour week, always on call with no compensation and to move up you had to kiss much of the bosses rearend.
Pros
close to home
Cons
would not pay for the work performed
enjoyable enviroment
Dispatcher, Load Planner/Southern Region (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77049January 12, 2017
Company was a clean working environment with supervisors who carried about their associates. Fast paced facility with a large focus on productivity.
Would not recommend
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Channahon, ILJanuary 11, 2017
Poor management, culture is way behind the 21 century, and employees don't usually hold college degrees. The company is trying to advance, but they need more bright college graduates.
Pros
Cons
everything
Fast paced and challenging
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 4, 2017
If you like a daily challenge, Groendyke is the place to be. However, if you're looking to have quality home time with your family, this may not be the right fit.
Pros
Good pay and decent benefits
Cons
No lunch breaks, stressful
I enjoyed working for Groendyke
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Henderson, CO 80640November 5, 2016
I enjoyed working for Groendyke. The hrs were good. I worked 3 days on and 3 days off. 12 hour shifts. The drivers were all good to work with never had an issues with any of them.
One of the worst organizations I've worked for
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2016
The terminal manager is extremely underhanded and deceitful. The environment of the office is extremely negative and draining. I would never recommend working for this company.
communication stinks
Payroll/Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKJune 28, 2016
Nobody wants to work together as a team, people expect other departments to just figure stuff out whether or not it will work for them or not. Nobody tests stuff before just implementing programs.
Human Resource / Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJune 3, 2016
Great company to work for. Family values and ethics. had very few issues with anything I did there. went to college and got a degree while working . that is why I don't work there anymore
Pros
Great people
Safety Oriented
Regional / Short Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKMarch 29, 2016
When I came to GTI, I had no tanker or Hazmat experience.They gave me a chance and all the training and time I needed. They overly stress safety, which, if you haul Hazmat, you understand why.
Pros
Training
Cons
3rd Party Contractor

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Groendyke Transport. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8