GROSSINGER AUTOPLEX Employee Reviews

Provides a lot of advancement, but not at a high pay advance.
Business Development Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILJuly 15, 2016
Grossinger Autoplex is the best place to be if you're looking to move up in a company. The owner, Caroline Grossinger, always promotes within the company, and relatively quickly. I've seen many people turn from representatives to manager very soon after becoming reps to begin with.

The unfortunate part of Grossinger is as a rep, your chances of making any good money at this dealership are slim to none. With a starting pay of $10/hr, and some of the worst commissions I've ever seen, you'd be lucky if you make $400 a week working full-time.
Pros
My boss buys me lunch and coffee a lot.
Cons
I barely make enough money to buy my own groceries.
Fixed Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 12, 2016
This was a great place to work. The only reason I left was to move out of state to be closer to family for a baby my wife and I were expecting.
Pros
Good pay
Friendly environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILSeptember 2, 2015
Grossinger Autoplex was a great place to work at. The management gave me the best schedule that worked well with my school and they appreciated all my hard work. The benefits were also very good for full time employees.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Can't recall any.
n/a
Cashier/Switchboard/Administrative (Former Employee) –  LincolnwoodAugust 24, 2015
Interact with customer with phone or in person. Process invoices and sales orders for the organization. Also provide good customer relationship internal and external
N/a
Assist service department (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILMarch 4, 2015
I dont have really anything to say I work full time pretty much I clean cars shuttle customers etc the hardest part of the job is getting multiple cars washed and cleaned all in a matter of mins etc
The Owner, Finance Managers & Sales Managers are wonderful
Biller - Full-Time (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILFebruary 23, 2015
It's great to be part of the Grossinger family. Always professional, but fun too. I have come such a long way and learned so much in the eight months there. I always want to stay late and work more.

I have never worked in a Car Dealership and it's thrilling to see how it all comes together.

The showroom is spectacular; filled with new Cadillacs, GMC Trucks, and Buicks. These are the accounts I do Billing for.

I also learned about Car Leasing and Contracts with Banks.
Pros
good people treating customers with the utmost respect. great benefits.
Cons
i do billing all day. unfortunately, i feel my financial background is not being utilized to it's full potential.
Great place to work.
Sales & Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILAugust 7, 2014
I enjoyed my time there, but that was before 2008 when you could make a ton of money. If you have ever been in the car business then you know what to expect long hours, micro managing, and a nice car to drive, and what ever you put in is what you get out.
Trian And hired sales staff (Former Employee) –  chicago , ilMarch 14, 2014
My typical day at work would be working deals, Helping customer. Checking new inventory.
Pros
days off
Cons
short breaks
It was great place to work.
Sales & Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILJanuary 8, 2014
I loved it. You could make a ton of money. The managers and the sales staff are great if you are making money if you are not, find a new occupation. It is not a job for the weak you must be able to sell.
Pros
money
Cons
it is all that you can do. no time for anything else.
productive
Payroll Clerk/Warranty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILFebruary 18, 2013
stable position, clean environment, good managment crew, family oriented workplace
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILFebruary 10, 2013
Great management with plentiful staff and extremely flexible schedule for its employee. Co workers were the hardest part to give up when I had to leave this workplace. A typical day can vary from minor maintenance items to huge repairs which may take more than day. Most enjoyable part of the job is ensuring a proper vehicle for a customer.
Pros
1 hour lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GROSSINGER AUTOPLEX. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3