GROUNDMETRICS, INC. COMPANY OVERVIEW
GroundMetrics is an early stage fast growth company using proprietary resistivity surveying and imaging technology for exploration and production on land (not offshore). The company’s game-changing technology and innovative approach unlocks new opportunities. The business model includes discounted services for earn-ins and is evolving to obtaining mineral rights directly and developing mature oilfields (i.e., a producer/operator model). GroundMetrics has a strong investor network interested in this space.
www.groundmetrics.com (website is in process of being updated so it is not currently very informative). GroundMetrics unique sensor system operates from the surface to acquire multi-mile resistivity data, imaging >2 miles laterally and >10,000 feet deep…to optimize drill locations and injection management.
- Are you looking to work for a company that has a patented technological advantage for exploration and development?
- Are you interested in finding and evaluating earn-in, farm-in, and JV opportunities as well as direct acquisition of leases or concessions, including upside participation?
- Does the idea of guiding strategy and building a portfolio for a new player sound exciting?
If you said yes then this may be an ideal opportunity for you. We are looking for someone with a great attitude who wants to work in a fast paced, exciting and innovative start-up setting where you can help evolve the company’s business model. If this is you then apply now!
The Exploration Manager is responsible for prospect generation and building the company’s portfolio through a variety of deal structures mentioned above i.e., earn-ins, farm-ins, JVs, direct acquisition, etc. Leverage the company’s unique technology to accelerate growth, which includes promoting the company’s technology and services and for building relationships with new and existing customers and partners. This position will be located in mid-continent, most likely at your preferred location, probably Houston, Tulsa, OKC or Dallas.
RESPONSIBILITIES / PROJECTS
- Work with executive management to determine growth strategy i.e., which basins to target first and which players to target as partners and/or customers and how to engage them. Then implement plan.
- Review multiple types of geologic and production data (and geophysical data when available) to evaluate exploration and development opportunities within producing fields and even mature or end-of-life fields.
- Network and coordinate with operator/producer licensees to identify business opportunities i.e., potential ways to structure deals and then coordinate with them and GroundMetrics management to structure, price and close the deal.
- Network and coordinate with operators, producers, dealmakers, landman, geologists, petroleum engineers and other such players to find and evaluate opportunities. Ideally this candidate would have a relevant network of such contacts in target areas.
- Make drill and development recommendations based on all available data such as well logs, production history, geology, and seismic if available, etc., along with interpretation and integration of data acquired with GroundMetrics proprietary sensor systems. Internal geophysical support is available. Ideally this candidate would have a network of relevant consultants and service providers for field development i.e., drillers, geologists, petroleum engineers, etc.
- Pioneer awareness of GroundMetrics proprietary multi-mile resistivity mapping technology to improve IOR/EOR and reservoir development projects. This includes networking and possibly presenting at geological societies and petroleum engineering clubs and conferences, etc.
- Lead GroundMetrics evolution from a geophysical service provider into a producer/operator.
DESIRED EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE
- Familiarity with current and emerging exploration and development technologies.
- Multi-disciplinary development and evaluation of exploration and development projects in mid-continent.
- Well log and seismic interpretation and well correlation.
- 7+ years in the upstream O&G industry.
- Bachelor degree in Geology, Geophysics, Petroleum Engineering or similar field or comparable work experience.
- Active with geological societies and/or petroleum engineering clubs, preferably in mid-continent and ideally in Texas or Oklahoma.
- Working knowledge of seismic, including a good understanding of its limitations.
- Understand and have experience with the concepts and terms used in the evaluation of project economics.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong networking skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, highly-autonomous startup environment, i.e., able to multi-task and quickly shift priorities in a dynamic environment
- Good presentation skills is a plus.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
A San Diego-based startup company commercializing cutting-edge sensor technology, GroundMetrics is focused on being a game changer in the...