Grounds Maintenance

Grounds Maintenance Employer Reviews

A great place for someone who likes interacting with people.
Grounds Supervisor (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MichiganJuly 23, 2014
Pros: getting compliments on my work.
Cons: not having enough time to complete a task.
I begin my day by walking the exterior grounds and picking up trash and any other debris that should not be present. Afterward I check flowerbeds for any weeds and remove them. Trimming and cutting trees and bushes with a chainsaw or hedge trimmers, that have grown beyond there normal boundaries is also a part of my job. I work closely with management – more... who communicates to me any needed grounds attention. because I am the Grounds Supervisor, it is my responsibility to give other employees a detail description of what work needs to be completed and ensure the it meets all requirements. The hardest part of the job is deciding what work should be done first. When I am unsure I check with my immediate supervisor. The most enjoyable part is getting the opportunity to speak with the residents and receiving their feedback on my work. – less
Fun Job, bad management and terrible pay
Maintenance Crew (Former Employee), Roosevelt, UTJuly 20, 2014
Loved working at the Golf Course, the work was rewarding and I enjoyed being outside and getting to golf for free. Half the time my boss was never to be found and we werent sure what exactly needed to be done. So for the most part we would just take it into our own hands and try to do what we thought needed done, but would always eventually get chewed – more... out for all of my bosses own problems, he eventually got fired but working for him was an absolute joke. – less
ENJOY TO WORK IN SAFE DRUG FREE ENVIORMENT
Landscaper/ Maintenence Tech (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 14, 2014
HAS EXCELLENT WORK ETHICS AND SAFETY CONSCIOUS
ASSISTS IN ALL PHASES OF THE JOBSITE
EXCELENT CUSTOMER SKILLS
WAS ESSENCIAL IN OVERSEEING TRAINING TO APPRENTICES
ON BOTH SCAFFOLD,AND WET SAW SAFTEY
TOOK PART IN ALL RENOVATIONS AND TURN-OVERS OF UNITS
Fun place to work if you like the shooting sports
Range Officer (Current Employee), Polk City, IAJune 18, 2014
Pros: free range time
Cons: not enough hours
I get to teach the public on firearm safety as well as keep them safe and ensure the rules of the range are followed.
Hard Work
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Covington, WAJune 18, 2014
Maintained Garden Soil inside of Garden area, watered plants daily in the summer. I learned the difference between a healthy looking garden and a non healthy garden. the hardest part of the job was cleaning up loose bark. the easiest was watering plants.
nice place to work
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee), Salem, ORMay 18, 2014
Over all the school districts a good place to work. There is,always something to do and see.
Lots of good guys to work with.
Trimming trees and plants
Ground maintenance (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 24, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working outside
Cons: lack of work
Maintain outside around the church to be clean, trimmed trees, and put in plants. Do minor electricity repair, replaced bulbs, Drywall, paints and etc.
Laid back work environment
Lead volunteer programs (Current Employee), Milledgeville, GAApril 21, 2014
Part time job for full time student allowed flexible schedule.
Out door Job
Grounds Keeper (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLMarch 2, 2014
Pros: enjoy the out doors and make new frieds with the visitors every day
Cons: can be very cold in the winter
work is year around do a variety of task related to park needs
Productive and efficient workplace
Grounds Keeper (Former Employee), Westfield Center, OHJanuary 30, 2014
A typical work day would be showing up at 7 a.m. to get the equipment out. We would mow the grass, weed eat and any other maintenance issues that needed tending to.
Worked during the day
Ground Maintenance (Former Employee), Piedmont, SCJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: outside
Cons: seasonal job
Worked outside all day, Listen to music and meet new people.
•the hardest part of the job
Assistant Superintendent (Former Employee), Valrico, FLDecember 21, 2013
No personal life; on call 24-7; little compensation; no benefits
Get the job done
Field work /government contractor (Former Employee), Selma, ALNovember 18, 2013
Pros: bonus, overtime
Cons: weather conditions
A typical day at work would consist of learning how to work well with others. At work you will learn strong leadership skills and how to work as a team. One of the best things about the job is the experience you will receive using equipment. Make sure everyone is enjoying their job and don't mind completing a task. The hardest part of the job really – more... is just whatever you make it because the work is fairly easy. Working with heavy duty equipment is probably the best thing about working in grounds maintenance. – less
Relaxing place to work
Exterior Maintenance (Current Employee), Troy, MINovember 13, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers, longer breaks
Cons: customers, management
A normal day at work would include walking around the mall and picking up trash, changing garbages, salting walk ways and parking garage ramps when it snows, or picking up leaves in the fall.I have learned how to drive a truck with a trailer, how to drive a forklift and bobcat, and a few maintnance things along the way. management is good and good to – more... work with but from my job i don't normally get to see the managers.co-workers are great to work and get along with they make the job more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with customers or snow removal during the winter months. the most enjoyable part would have to be my co-workers. – less
Fun productive workplace
Temporary scheduled work (Former Employee), Canton, NYNovember 4, 2013
Pros: fexiable hours
Cons: only temp. job
Grounds maintenance was only temporary work placement while I was finishing college. Shoveling snow, raking leaves, mowing grass, cleaning equipment, etc. I assisted co-workers with what ever was needed and to pick up slack on busy days, short staffed.
Park Pointe Mgmt Svc.
Maintenance (Current Employee), Star, IDSeptember 2, 2013
Maintain multiple subdivisions of properties to standards enabling the developer & builders sell potential buyers lots for homes.
Identify areas requiring maintenance, notify principal developer of issues, resolve any all areas of concern and take any and all necessary actions in a timely manner.
General Labor
Supervisor (Current Employee), Sunset Hills, St. Louis, MO 63129August 26, 2013
It's a good job for the weekends. I work with just my Father cutting down and loading/ unloading trees. I also take care of the lawn.
A day at a golf course
Head Gardener (Former Employee), Griswold, CTJuly 26, 2013
River Ridge was nice to work at. I enjoyed socializing with the public. The job was nice because I started early so I was out early. This is a job I definitely would do again. I really enjoyed it.
Intense and hard
General Laborer (Former Employee), Lapeer, MINovember 12, 2012
This job introduced me to manual labor and acute attention to detail. Every day we worked to satisfy tenants and keep numerous apartment communities looking the best they could.
Fun place to work. Drive a tractor and excavator all day sometimes
Grounds Maintenance (Current Employee), Everett, WAJune 25, 2012
Pros: get free plants
Cons: snow plowing in the cold working outside
Mow lawns,Create new turf beds and flower beds, Istall or remove irrigation systems

Grounds Maintenance Photos