GroundWork group (GWg) is a unique membership based non-profit in Columbus, Ohio with the mission to strengthen the impact of nonprofit organizations by enhancing their ability to manage their business operations and achieve their mission through sustainable and affordable information management, education and technology solutions. Since 2006, GWg’s membership has grown to nearly 200 nonprofits representing the arts, human services, mental health, advocacy, education and environmental services. GWg currently has 15 employees.
GWg offers a competitive salary and benefits package and free parking. Position will remain open until filled. Submit resume/vitae, references, and salary requirements* by mail, fax, or e-mail to:
Attn: CEO and Member Services Director
1880 MacKenzie Drive, Suite 111
Columbus, OH 43220
Fax: (614) 884-7783
*Submissions without salary requirements will not be considered
A) JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE:
The Technical Services Manager of the Columbus, Ohio office reports to Member Services Director. The position has the primary responsibility to 1) lead our innovation through research and applied forward thinking so that we employ and deploy modern technology and infrastructure, (2) ensure the highest level of technical services and support is provided, (3) manage & ensure that all field work and projected are delivered in a timely manner and meet or exceed accepted standards of quality, (4) manage, enhance and implement new cloud-based technical infrastructures and services, (5) provide remote and on-site technical customer service, support and issue resolution and (6) always maintain positive relationships with clients to enhance GWg’s reputation and help achieve their organization’s vision, mission and business goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Build and maintain positive relationships with our clients and staff (including, but not limited to, monthly “health” assessment meetings).
2. Ideate, design, build, deploy and provide technical support and troubleshooting for cloud based services.
3. Assess and recommend (written and verbal), and as needed implement, sound, technologically mature infrastructures.
4. Daily support of Windows systems infrastructure; providing technical support to clients via remote and onsite activities (local travel only, may exceed 50% of weekly time).
5. Daily client issue tracking, conduct root cause analysis, and problem resolution (for level 2 & 3 tech support)
6. Advise and counsel tech staff on level 1 issues resolution
7. Maintain, develop and improve processes, procedures and standards including configuration, builds, client documentation, internal SOPs.
8. Make use of project tracking and management technology for project planning and quality improvement.
9. Effectively manage multiple tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
10. Collaborate with internal teams to achieve ongoing business objectives.
11. Work directly with the Business Operations team to ensure timely invoicing.
12. Identify new opportunities, define project proposals and scopes of service.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum of 5 years experience as a Windows-based or Cloud-based Systems Engineer including specific experience with (but not limited to) technology like: MS365, Amazon S3 (cloud storage), client & agent monitoring tools (GFI Max), or LanGuard.
2. Strong virtualization (VMWare) or containers skills.
3. 4+ years Windows Server 2008, Exchange 2003-2008
4. Strong project management and communications skills with at least three years of experience in implementing successful external customer focused projects.
5. Strong working knowledge of Internet networking technologies and principals including TCP/IP and DNS.
6. Proven technology curiosity and ability to absorb, master and leverage emerging technologies.
7. Information Technology terminology and a thorough understanding and ability to communicate (in both tech and in simple English)
8. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills; as well as skills necessary to work effectively with a wide range of diverse individuals and groups.
9. Ability to approach projects in a practical and entrepreneurial manner, with strong creative, critical thinking, and problem solving skills; strong attention to detail.
10. Exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving abilities.
11. Excellent service-driven customer-focused skills.
12. Technical diagramming (Visio) and documentation capabilities.
13. A management and operating style suited to work in a small office setting, with limited support staff, where teamwork is highly valued.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Familiarity with the central Ohio community and organizations.
2. Knowledge of human services, health, housing, education, employment and/or community development policy, practice, concepts, and terms.
The information contained in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.