Group Excellence

Group Excellence Employer Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), dallas,txApril 23, 2014
Pros: working with a good group of people
Cons: pay
I really loved coming to work everyday at this company beside the day they did lay offs. The team was awesome. The hardiest part about this job is the pay and no longer being employed at the company.
Working for a great cause
In-School Campus Coordinator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2014
* got to help students improve their math skills
* i learned how to manage others
* management was great
* it was a new company so employee feedback was listened to and thoughts were implemented
* hardest part of the job was learning about the sad stories of the kids we helped.
* most enjoyable was seeing the growth in the kids learning abilities
making outbound phone calls to different customers taking surveys.
Recruiter, Tutor and Mentor (Former Employee), cincinnari, ohioJune 17, 2013
This was my first job, I liked it but did not like constantly making outbound phone calls.
Very rewarding and fun place to work
Campus Director (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 6, 2013
Tutoring and mentoring children was the best part about this position.
Tutor target schools with poor academics
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 5, 2013
Pros: help out kids from k-12th grade, great pay
Cons: poor management, unavailable tutoring sites
I would drive from Norman, at the time, to the city for Tutoring at these target school sites. It was a start up company expanding from Texas. Unfortunately the lack of a tutoring site would end the company from attempting another school year. The lack of management caused much confusion for all of us tutor.
A caring employer, who loves to help kids.
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 14, 2013
Pros: large diverse family, emphasis on reliability and honesty
Cons: pay was ok
This Job was Great. The pay is ok. Let me explain, if you are in school and cant work that many hours, then this job is perfect paying $10-$20/hour. However if you looking for full time employment, this might not be the job for you unless you really love helping kids. I loved this job i tutored children in the area I lived and grew up in and i really – more... could tell that as mentors and tutors we made a huge difference. THIS IS LIKE DOING GODS WORK. you want have a huge check at the end of the day but you will positivly effect so many kids that are surrounded by negativity. MUST KNOW HIGH SCHOOL MATH. – less
Great Company for someone looking for flexible entry-level salaried position
Employee (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 12, 2013
I have enjoyed working here and making a difference in the community while still retaining my freedom (as long as deadlines are met) and being on salary.
Work flow
Mentor/Math Tutor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 1, 2013
Pros: discounts on lunch
Cons: breaks
A typical day at work would be a morning filled with 20 to 30 children in a 4 hour time frame. Finished off with 15 to 20 children in the afternoon. Assisting teachers with children that have problems in class. My co-worker and the principal of the school enjoyed my presents and offered me a position at the school.
Productive and fun workplace
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 29, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: how upper management runs the company
A typical work day involved managing and communicating with personnel on the ground. Checking state databases to make sure our monthly goals are being met. Gaining knowledge of job from corporate and understanding why particular moves are made. I learned about how to work in a corporate environment. The hardest part of my job was being a dependent in – more... every aspect or our company. The most enjoyable part was helping the kids, that's why I worked for them. – less
Tutored fun kids
Campus Director/Mentor/Tutor (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2012
Go to the office do paper work get stuff done before tutoring started. Once tutoring started go to campus and tutor the kids math, English, and history. Management was fine, always asked if we needed any help or had any questions. We always had meetings every week to talk about our tutoring problems. The hardest part was rejecting some kids who were – more... not eligible for tutoring. The most enjoyable was being able to show the kids how to pass the TAKS test. – less
Fun
Assist Dallas Independent School District (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2012
Pros: fun communicating with students
life guidance coach to all the students in the DISD. As well as tutored Math during after school for the TAKS test. Had a great time talking and teaching as well as learning from them.
A GREAT CAREER BUILDING JOB, IF ONE WAS TO ENTER INTO THE FIELD OF EDUCATION.
Supervisor/Tutor (Current Employee), DALLAS, TXAugust 6, 2012
SUPERVISING TUTORS AND TUTORING STUDENTS IN AN AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM.
Learning experience for me and the students.
Life Coach (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 1, 2012
Pros: meeting new people learning new things
Cons: only two days a week and 2 1/2 hours
My typical day at work was pretty simple. I tutored the students alone most days for 2 1/2 hours. I was able to take my time with each one and help out with the mant questions.
Fun workplace
Life Coach (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 23, 2012
Every school I worked at had great kids. No matter the school, they all just want to learn and be understood. My campus coordinator was great but the area coordinator was inappropriate.Unsure how they're doing now, but when I was there they still needed alot of structure. School assignments weren't given in a timely manner and they really needed organization.
It's a great company I had the best time working with them
Math Tutor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 11, 2012
Pros: get a lot of repect for what we were doing
Cons: the distance between where i live and the school.
We used to teach 10th graders students math to help them passing the TAKS exam. I learned that teaching kids is hard, but at the same time it's so much fun when u see then struggle through simple things. The mangement were great people made everything easy for everyone. My co-workers were the best I can ever had as we were working as a team with no – more... compatition. The hardest part was to simplify math into a level that these young students can understand. The enjoyable part was when finally the students get the point and start solving the problems on their own. – less

About Group Excellence

Group Excellence is a tutoring and mentoring company whose mission is to motivate and inspire students to achieve excellence. – Read more