Group Excellence Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company for someone looking for flexible entry-level salaried position
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2013
I have enjoyed working here and making a difference in the community while still retaining my freedom (as long as deadlines are met) and being on salary.
Productive and fun workplace
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 29, 2012
A typical work day involved managing and communicating with personnel on the ground. Checking state databases to make sure our monthly goals are being met. Gaining knowledge of job from corporate and understanding why particular moves are made. I learned about how to work in a corporate environment. The hardest part of my job was being a dependent in every aspect or our company. The most enjoyable part was helping the kids, that's why I worked for them.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
how upper management runs the company
Tutored fun kids
Campus Director/Mentor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2012
Go to the office do paper work get stuff done before tutoring started. Once tutoring started go to campus and tutor the kids math, English, and history. Management was fine, always asked if we needed any help or had any questions. We always had meetings every week to talk about our tutoring problems. The hardest part was rejecting some kids who were not eligible for tutoring. The most enjoyable was being able to show the kids how to pass the TAKS test.
A caring employer, who loves to help kids.
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2013
This Job was Great. The pay is ok. Let me explain, if you are in school and cant work that many hours, then this job is perfect paying $10-$20/hour. However if you looking for full time employment, this might not be the job for you unless you really love helping kids. I loved this job i tutored children in the area I lived and grew up in and i really could tell that as mentors and tutors we made a huge difference. THIS IS LIKE DOING GODS WORK. you want have a huge check at the end of the day but you will positivly effect so many kids that are surrounded by negativity. MUST KNOW HIGH SCHOOL MATH.
Pros
large diverse family, emphasis on reliability and honesty
Cons
pay was ok
It's a great company I had the best time working with them
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 11, 2012
We used to teach 10th graders students math to help them passing the TAKS exam. I learned that teaching kids is hard, but at the same time it's so much fun when u see then struggle through simple things. The mangement were great people made everything easy for everyone. My co-workers were the best I can ever had as we were working as a team with no compatition. The hardest part was to simplify math into a level that these young students can understand. The enjoyable part was when finally the students get the point and start solving the problems on their own.
Pros
get a lot of repect for what we were doing
Cons
the distance between where i live and the school.
Tutor target schools with poor academics
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 5, 2013
I would drive from Norman, at the time, to the city for Tutoring at these target school sites. It was a start up company expanding from Texas. Unfortunately the lack of a tutoring site would end the company from attempting another school year. The lack of management caused much confusion for all of us tutor.
Pros
help out kids from k-12th grade, great pay
Cons
poor management, unavailable tutoring sites
Working for a great cause
In-School Campus Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2014
* got to help students improve their math skills
* i learned how to manage others
* management was great
* it was a new company so employee feedback was listened to and thoughts were implemented
* hardest part of the job was learning about the sad stories of the kids we helped.
* most enjoyable was seeing the growth in the kids learning abilities
Motivating and inspiring work place
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 4, 2015
A feel good type atmosphere that allows you to effectively to affect the future (the students). A great work place with young motivated and gifted individuals that will inspire your creative juices to bring out the best of your clients.
good company
Tutor and Mentor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 30, 2014
replenish freight
learned car parts
management was professional
coworkers were cool
hardest part was traveling to the job
enjoyable part was learning different car parts
Fun workplace
Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 23, 2012
Every school I worked at had great kids. No matter the school, they all just want to learn and be understood. My campus coordinator was great but the area coordinator was inappropriate.Unsure how they're doing now, but when I was there they still needed alot of structure. School assignments weren't given in a timely manner and they really needed organization.
Learning experience for me and the students.
Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 1, 2012
My typical day at work was pretty simple. I tutored the students alone most days for 2 1/2 hours. I was able to take my time with each one and help out with the mant questions.
Pros
meeting new people learning new things
Cons
only two days a week and 2 1/2 hours
Work flow
Mentor/Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2013
A typical day at work would be a morning filled with 20 to 30 children in a 4 hour time frame. Finished off with 15 to 20 children in the afternoon. Assisting teachers with children that have problems in class. My co-worker and the principal of the school enjoyed my presents and offered me a position at the school.
Pros
discounts on lunch
Cons
breaks
recruiter
Recruiter, Tutor and Mentor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 23, 2014
spoke with students and parents to enroll students in different type of tutoring programs. company was new and was only running for less than 2 months before closing.
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  dallas,txApril 23, 2014
I really loved coming to work everyday at this company beside the day they did lay offs. The team was awesome. The hardiest part about this job is the pay and no longer being employed at the company.
Pros
working with a good group of people
Cons
pay
Fun
Assist Dallas Independent School District (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2012
life guidance coach to all the students in the DISD. As well as tutored Math during after school for the TAKS test. Had a great time talking and teaching as well as learning from them.
Pros
fun communicating with students
making outbound phone calls to different customers taking surveys.
Recruiter, Tutor and Mentor (Former Employee) –  cincinnari, ohioJune 17, 2013
This was my first job, I liked it but did not like constantly making outbound phone calls.
A great career building job, if one was to enter into the field of education.
Supervisor/Tutor (Current Employee) –  DALLAS, TXAugust 6, 2012
Supervising tutors and tutoring students in an after school program.
Very rewarding and fun place to work
Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2013
Tutoring and mentoring children was the best part about this position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Group Excellence. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2