Group Health Employee Reviews in United States

free medical insurance
Lead Auditor (Former Employee) –  WashingtonApril 26, 2016
I would arrive to work, check my email, and check my inbox. I would work through as much as I could, starting with the nearest deadline. I learned how to code medical documents and audit all transplant claims. I enjoyed my co-workers as they also had a strong work ethic. The end of the year was the hardest part of the job. Everything had to balance by the last day of the year even if it meant lots of overtime. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I was always learning new and better ways to do my job.
Pros
free health insurance
Cons
the stress put on me at the end of the year
A place where the Seniors can fellowship together
Truck/Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 21, 2016
I James R Blanding Jr, Loved for for this Company. Good People getting them to where they need to be for appointments. It was a joy to me. These Seniors made my day and I difinely made there day. If I knew one was very ill I would check on them to see if they needed any assisted. After ten years of good services, I had to return home to care for my Ill father.
Challenging Work and loved the Patients
Home Health Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 24, 2016
I managed 15 to 20 patients who needed home health care. I would typically see 3 to 6 patients and day, write reports, suggest treatment plans, and work with management/Doctors to provide the best care for my patients.

Management had a lot of turn over, and was held down by massive rules and regulations.

My co-workers were the most dedicated nurses I have ever worked with.

Hardest part of the job was convincing families to put their loved on on Hospice.

I enjoyed seeing patients get better.
Pros
Nice Benefits, marvelous staff, continuing education
Cons
non-supportive management
Great and Productive Places to work
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 3, 2016
Great hours and great people to work with. There is definitely a lot to do but its all worth it and you learn a lot.
I worked in 3 different departments with many different kind of duties and tasks and it was an experience I will never forget.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 17, 2016
This was one of the best jobs I ever had. The company really cares for it's employees. Management was fantastic, they made sure all of your concerns were taken care of and supported you with anything you needed.
Pros
Incentives, pay, and benefits
Cons
Its fun working here and the culture is really cool
Business transaction specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 1, 2016
Hours are flexible, and there is so much to learn which made me grow my experience even further. Management is great and my co-workers are awesome to work with. We learn so much from each other.
its an ok place to work at
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 23, 2016
a typical day at work can be really busy helping customers paying their health and dental Premium's sometimes the customers could be facing a life changing situation and there premiums could be cancelled for some reason.I learned that how fortunate I was to have
health insurance, because it could be costly. I learned that sometimes management have to go along with the higher management and there is work politics everywhere, I feel like I had
some of the best co-workers all around, we all step up and made sure that our work was done or cover for one another. the hardest part of my job was not being able to help a customer when they needed the answer at that moment of the call. most enjoyable part of the is going out of my to help and what ever else it took or to be able to solve whatever issue the customer was facing.
Pros
helping people going out of my way to make sure the job was done.
Cons
being laid off after working there 11years
Healthcare
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 7, 2016
Working in healthcare is special. The overall culture exudes the nature personalities of the caring individuals that work at Group Health. This is an incredible company to work for
Pros
EVERYTHING
Cons
parking in downtown Seattle (COME ON RENTON)
Calm enviroment
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAApril 21, 2016
I love working at group health, everyday is a learning process and I always learn new things when I come into work every morning. I love helping Medicare members with there coverage and benefit quoting.
Customer Services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMarch 30, 2016
Explain of Benefits, Authorizations, Claims. Review accounts, Update members information. Advising of members track limits, Open enrollment. Adding removing dependences.
Pros
Cons
Lack of Training
One of the original HMO's in the United States
Claims Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2015
Typical day required the supervising of staff responsible for the review of medical records, the processing billing for medical services, and the handling of customer service inquiries.

Co-workers were dedicated to being successful while going through a transition to implement an automated system to process bills, claims, and customer service inquiries.

Most difficult part of my job was the supervising of multiple work units.
Pros
Working with dedicated staff.
Cons
Supervising multiple work units.
Good work culture
Wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 4, 2015
I have wonderful co-workers who daily work as a team to help our employer groups attain their wellness standards at each of their companies. We set up and execute health fairs, biometric health screenings, health & wellness talks, log information into the members Epic charts, track data, and coach behavioral change to improve lifestyles of our members.
Pros
Wonderful team to work with
Cons
Requires flexibility by employer but isn't given, needed resources are not available.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJune 1, 2016
group health is a good place to work if your willing to grow within the company, supervisors are very nice and always willing to assist when needed.
Enjoyed working for Group Health!
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 4, 2016
Working for Group Health was a very enjoyable experience till work force reduction happened. We had a great group of people who worked together and made a great team.
Working at Group Health
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 17, 2015
Identify, compile, abstract, and code patient data, using standard classification systems.
Skillful and precise in performing venipunctures and capillary punctures; collecting, preparing and storing blood samples; and verifying medical records.
Follow ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information
Maintained laboratory supplies by ordering.
Used s computer to register lab patients, order tests and input specimen data.
Excellent patient relations skills known for having a gentle touch and ability to alleviate patient anxieties.
Pros
Excellent patient-relations
Disappointing
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAFebruary 23, 2016
The job description did not meet with actual tasks. Basically a setup for failure.

Management should not be trusted. Co-workers are fun and mostly well qualified.
Great Place to work
Financial & Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 30, 2016
Provides excellent care to patients. Advancement opportunities can be superb if you're willing to relocate. Co-workers were like family, truly enjoyed working there,
innovation at its finest
Patient Access and Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 25, 2015
Good leadership team and great patient care.

I have facilitated my teams in the process of an A3, to reflect better access utilization and customer satisfaction. I have many years’ experience as a “NICE” coach, providing customer service feedback for 20 employees. I work closely with company leadership to ensure quality care is being provided. I have created many processes to improve employee engagement and scores around call quality and patient satisfaction.
Fast paced, diverse and desirable place to work.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 21, 2016
Fast paced, diverse and desirable place to work. Ability to cross train to other departments. I would recommend it to my friends.
Called out and received calls from Patients to ensure all there appointment, and insurance needs were met. Handled several lines
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 23, 2015
Pros
Giving patietn care.
Cons
Scheduling issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Group Health. Our community is ready to answer.