Group Health Employee Reviews

changing times
CT technologist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 11, 2017
Group Health was in the first in members only healthcare. The place was always busy. There were a never ending stream of patients. Everybody did their job. We all work together. We all sat together.
Group Health
Team Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 8, 2017
A typical day at work is very educational ,fun, .I have learn to be more patient with my patients.The hardest part of the day is trying to make sure my duties are complete at the end of the day.The most enjoyable part is knowing I have completed my tasks.The company is a good place.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAAugust 7, 2017
Good people, good company, great mission -- I really enjoyed my time at Group Health and would recommend it as a great place to work if you have the opportunity.
Loved the fast pace of the job, had a great trianing program!
Provider Assistance Specialist - PAU Call Center (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 6, 2017
Learned alot with this job, how to handle difficult callers, how to time manage with calls vs follow up work. The pay was good and the benefits as well.
Great group of people to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 4, 2017
Great working environment. The company really does a lot to show the employees they are valued. Many of my co-workers have been with the company for 15 years or more.
Pros
the company is growing at a rapid pace so there is room for advancement.
Cons
can't think of any
Admitting patients to UC, OSC, EOS, FBU for medical care
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 2, 2017
Patients are stressed and can be difficult to deal with. Being empathetic and knowledgeable about their health condition is very helpful. Putting the patient first is a must.
Pros
Very rewarding making patients have a good medical experience.
Cons
Management was always interested in money and not so much in patient care.
quality of care
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 27, 2017
I liked the fact that every morning we had a daily huddle. The huddle would include how the day went the day before and how many calls were received and what everyone did to improve quality. We had a flow chart to help the clinic run smoothly and we would also have a flow coordinator to help with phone calls and triage.
Bullying is tolerated
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Altoona, WI 54720July 24, 2017
Met with HR several times due to a bully. Nothing was done to change the person's behavior. I asked for mediation, and they protected the bully and never made the bully face me with the lies told to me and about me. I was called and told my employment with them was ending and no reason was given.
Pros
You can eat at your desk and talk as much as you want
Cons
bullying/harrassment not addressed, chaotic environment, lack of consistency of how staff is treated
Taken Over by Kaiser
LPN (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 23, 2017
When I worked for GHC in Redmond, it was great. I thoroughly enjoyed working there. Then I left to work for a different clinic, and ended up wanting to go back to GCH later on. I still enjoyed my job and the people there. The boss I had under Group Health was also great, but when GHC was taken over recently by Kaiser, they replaced her. The manager after that was awful, and slowly started getting rid of other employees as well.
lovely workplace
Nursing Assistant Certified (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 18, 2017
I have been with Kaiser Permanente (formerly Group Health) since 2007. They paid my tuition for the pre-reqs and actual LPN course. They are a good place to work and encourage growth.
Pros
paid training
Cons
nothing I can think of
Great Presentation, Poor Execution
Medical Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 15, 2017
Initially a great place to work for. Management was very biased. A lot of favoritism among higher ranking staff. Zero flexibility to help staff members succeed.
Best job ever
Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2017
A typical day consisted of managing the day to day operations of the Director including meetings and appointments. I learned many aspects of the company having transferred within during my tenure. Management was always good and kept me on target. The workplace culture was average. There was nothing really hard about the jobs I held. The most enjoyable part of the job was being a part of working team.
Pros
Everybody was treated like family
Cons
None to speak of except perhaps the closing.
Fast paced work environment with good managers
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 27, 2017
I liked working at Group Health , but most of all I loved working with my coworkers and learning new things every day. This would be a stressful place to work for someone right out of school. It is a fast paced work environments with few breaks.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short breaks
overtime not paid
Home health visiting nurse (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 14, 2017
You work overtime for them on your own time, no extra pay. You put in a lot of extra time at home typing up your assessments and you don't get paid for any of that.
Pros
Cons
hard to finish work on time
Excsllent placs to work
Outpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 13, 2017
Group health was nice place to work. I love environment. The people and facility. I am not longed work there but if they hired me now I would love it.
Pros
Excsllent pay
I enjoyed the people and the environment
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 31, 2017
It was a long time ago, but I did enjoy working at Group Health. Working with Group Health gave me the experience and skills to ultimately become successful in my IT career.
Outstanding management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 25, 2017
Great on the job training and employee resources. Flexible schedule. Knowledgeable staff. Learned how health care works. Varied duties. Most difficult part was not being able to reach resolution on some calls
Pros
commute
Cons
irate callers
corporate ambition
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 23, 2017
long and early hours, little room for advancement, very poor senior leadership. Mandated flexibility with hours and driving to multiple locations however, management was very flexible in return for same variables. Staff, including managers and physicians were very friendly and welcoming to new employees.
Pros
free lunches (sometimes), predictable hours, friendly staff
Cons
low pay, poor corporate/senior management
Co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 13, 2017
My supervisor and i were not compatible, so i worked in a hostile environment when i was around my supervisor. The co-workers became family, so i loved going to work when my supervisor was not around.
Pros
amazing co-workers
Cons
management needs updating
A good place to work.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WA 98405May 12, 2017
Learning new things everyday and your co-workers are always there to lend a helping hand. Food is abundant in our department. Hard work is appreciated. Sometimes work is overwhelming but it gets to be done at the end of the day thru teamwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Group Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2