Group Health

Group Health Employer Reviews

Very busy workplace, staff and physicians are wonderful.
Nursing Career at Group Health (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 29, 2014
In my current position I am very busy. I run the Mason Group Health location, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics and front desk management duties as the on site Administrator. The staff and physicians are wonderful.
fun place and learn alot from the staff and doctors
EEG Tech/MA (Former Employee), Cinti,OhAugust 24, 2014
Pros: flex time if i need it.
Cons: gha was a great place to work in cinti.
8 + hrs. clinical health care
computer--epic emr, compassion for all patients
Practice mananger for Univ., Cinti. Neurology
reduce expectations for staff--do not compare to what I can do
reminding myself that I can not help everyone, but I can give a better quality of life to my patients with what they arrived with at their appt.
Putting a smile on – more... ,my patient's face as it may be the only bright spot in their entire day. Knowing that the staff cares. – less
What im looking for
lab assist (Current Employee), Federal wayAugust 7, 2014
Im looking to use my Medical Assistanting license. Im certified in the State of Washington. I currently work for Group Health as a Lab assist. im looking for permant work. pt or ft
Very nice place to work
Medical Assisting Externship (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAAugust 5, 2014
I enjoyed my time there, and would love to have a full time job with them.
CSR/Provider/Eligibility Rep
CSR/Provider/Eligibility Rep (Former Employee), Spokane, WAAugust 5, 2014
good company to wof for, great pay benefits

a lot of work and gaiined alot of knowledge
Quality Analyst
Quality Assurance Coordinator/ (PAR) Lead (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: paid millage, flexible schedule, orca cards
My time at Group Health was very extensive. I enjoyed working there very much. On a typical day I would review and score calls that the appointing receptionists would make to ensure consistency and that the policies and procedures were being followed correctly. I also did training with individual receptionists to help them to better understand the work – more... that they were doing and what Group Health's expectations were. I also did training with supervisors and managers to ensure their knowledge and guidance was correct so that they were confident in their answers to the employees who may have questions. I trained newly hired representatives how to manage and conduct an appropriate call and was able to have real time feed back the same day. I had a team of seven other ladies. We conducted self evaluations in which a team member would review your scored calls and give same time feedback as well. We would also collaborate a lot on issues that we were unsure on how to handle and achieve an agreed upon action. The hardest part of my job was to not let the amount of work become to overwhelming. I had to realized that the work needed to be done and not getting overwhelmed by keeping a steady work flow going was the only way to achieve my goals and deadlines. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was training and working with the employees and managers. It was great to see their frustrations go away when they would understand a hard point or when they had a perfect call. – less
Very good employer to work for
0perations Analyst TTOS lSD GROUP (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 29, 2014
Pros: good atmospheree
Cons: sometimes support issues were a concern
Working at Group Health was indeed a very good experience. I followed in TTOS (Tandem Technical Operations Support) and the experience in health care in the computer operations side was very beneficial to my continued growth.

After the events of 9/11 I was laid off in 12/02 which ended my experience there.

Management was very supportive however problems – more... between Systems and Programming was an issue. In a lot of cases this is true. – less
great place to work
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 27, 2014
Pros: absolutely some of the most talented providers and staff ever
Cons: change management is up against strong external pressures
There is always a commitment to test and validate the processes used, with customer care at the forefront of all the work.
evening urgent care
Medical Assistant for Urgent care section (Former Employee), Spokane, WAJune 26, 2014
Pros: diversity in patients
Cons: had to work most weekends
Got to work around 5pm until 11:00 pm. Loved working urgent care, they were very accomodating to our schedule. Worked great with other co-workers. Loved all the different walk-ins.
Development oriented
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 25, 2014
Pros: development and advancement opportunities
Cons: political
I started at Group Health with few skills or experience.
I brought my skills of hard work ethic and determination and was able to move from a entry level union employee to a salary paid coordinating manager of a large facility.
Group Health provided me the opportunity to learn the inventory control and material management business and also developed – more... me as a leader and supervisor able to see and utilize each employee's skills and strong points as well as develop the employees weak points and correct any disciplinary issues. – less
Group Health
MA Extern (Former Employee), Federal Way, WaApril 24, 2014
Everyone there was very welcoming and helped me learn all the things about being a MA.
Didn't do much
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Bellingham, WAApril 1, 2014
I was licensed to sell their insurance products, wasn't too serious about it but the potential is there to make a good living.
good peers. Cool work projects
IT engineer (Current Employee), seattle washingtonFebruary 4, 2014
Great work life balance. Not a "fun" place to work but not a "bad" place either.
Great customers
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Spokane WAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: no breaks other than lunch, no team spirit.
I enjoy the customers at Group Health very much. Most of them are very nice. The hardest part of the job is the fact that there are some very mean employees that work there. You can give 150% of your being while you are at work and they will still say that you are not doing good enough and treat you badly. Management is so blind to this that if you – more... say anything to them they make excuses for them like; it maybe you, it is just the frustration of the day, etc. – less
It is a great place to work.
Ophthalmic assistant (Former Employee), Tacoma see centerJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: it was always busy and we had fun.time went by so fast.
I have worked there two different times and would love to go back.
I was treated excellent. The health care is the best I have ever had in my life.
High paced environment
Patient Care Scheduler (Temporary) (Former Employee), Tukwila, WADecember 26, 2013
Pros: great medical benefits
Cons: very high paced
Scheduling appointments for 5 different clinics and assisting patients with medical issues that needed to be addressed by doctor's staff. I grew the most on learning how to navigate the EPIC system. I had good co workers.
A place that taught me how to communicate with others on all levels.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 27, 2013
A typical day at work for me is a day when i get whatever task at hand completed. At GHI and the dept of finance I learned computer skills, also how to deal with all types of people. The most enjoyable part of my jobs was to have my customers say "you were very informative and I am glad I got you as a representative.
Is a great place to work
Rheumatology Lead MA (Former Employee), CincinnatiOctober 25, 2013
Pros: friendly staff
Group Health is great place to work. Can get a lot experience in the many different departments. Hand on knowledge.
Management was well aware of day to day activities.
As will any job can have long hours and difficult patients
Dynamic heath care vision
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: great benefits and wage
Cons: no job security
Group Health is a continually evolving heath care provider and insurer. Looking to be leaders of industry, Group Health maintains a vigilant eye on finances and processes to determine better ways of bettering it's services to it's members while improving the bottom line.

The need to be the leader means that the work environment is ever changing to – more... meet the needs of it's members and the health care industry. LEAN methodologies, ITIL reviews and departmental evaluations mean an ever looming "Here today, gone tomorrow" work environment for systems, process and employees.

Recent changes in IT have taking a Monday through Friday IT department and changed it to 24/7 365 in order to better support internal and external customers and users. – less
Best Company Ever
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Spokane, WASeptember 14, 2013
Pros: great work envirornment
Cons: not sure if they will be in business in 1 year in spokane
I absolutely love working for Group Health! We strive to give
personalized customer service to our patients and succeed.
Great Managers and Co Workers!
Great Benefits