Group Management Services Employee Reviews

Don’t walk, run!
BENEFIT ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHDecember 5, 2017
This is a company that advertises a good work / life balance but there is so much turn over and restructuring constantly happening that there is no way to get everything done in 40 hours a week. Everyone tattled on everyone else in an attempt to get to the top and management does not fact check when complaints are made. At first it seems like everyone likes to collaborate and work together but it’s the cattiest place I’ve ever worked. Get your initial offer in writing. Employees are promised more than they actually receive.
Pros
iPad at hire. Benefits.
Cons
Very negative vibe, inexperienced authoritarian management stifles the talent and performance of the team.
December 14, 2017

Sorry to hear that you didn’t leave GMS with a positive experience. I would encourage any employee at GMS with concerns, to utilize the open door policy, which GMS strongly endorses. We offer a full benefits package; company car; 401(k) with company match; tuition assistance; cell phone and gym membership reimbursement; and a great work/life balance with flex time, just to name a few of the additional perks our employees are offered. We wish you success in your next career path.

Micromanaging
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2017
Not a good firm to work with if you like flexibility. They make you come in from 8-5, if you are a minute early or a minute late - you will be written up. 3 write-ups is a FIRE
Cons
not flexibile at all
November 20, 2017

Thank you very much for your review. In the sales position, cold calling is definitely a priority and as employees are informed before they begin, sales representatives are expected to make at least 50 calls per day. We are very open about expectations during the interview process. During the introductory period of 90 days, we do require employees to work 8-5, as being in the office is a huge benefit when there is so much to learn. After the 90 days, employees are able to earn cloud days -which is a great perk! We do not offer cloud days to employees that are not in satisfactory standing or are not reaching their sales goals. We are very flexible with the employees that have earned it.

Best career - hands down!!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHAugust 18, 2017
The culture at GMS is one like no other. It's infectious! It's motivating! It's positive! It's amazing! The people who work at GMS are one of my many reasons why I love working there. The other part is the fact we genuinely care about our clients and want to deliver the best possible service based on their needs. Every day is different, and there's never a dull moment! I would highly recommend working there!
Pros
Room for advancement, benefits, company car program, culture
Cons
Personally, I would like a way to earn more PTO - other than that - nothing!
Couldn't ask for more.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 18, 2017
Being employed at GMS is like being part of a family. You have support, you have guidance, you have love and you have a big sense of accomplishment when all is said and done. Every department works together for the greater good of our clients and it shows with our high retention rate.
Pros
great work/life balance, easy communication with management and department to department, great people to work with
Cons
absolutely zero
GMS is the best place I have ever worked!
HR Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHAugust 16, 2017
I have worked for GMS for a little over a year now and have not had one day where I have regretted taking the position. I have nothing but positive things to say in regards to the culture, training, management, and overall position.

I love the challenge and excitement this position allows. If you want to work for a place that rewards you for being creative, taking risks, and being a go-getter, GMS is the place for you. I have never had the opportunity to work for a company that supports its employees the way GMS supports me. I feel confident in my position, and never doubt my hard work is being noticed.

GMS has become my family, not just someplace I work. Can you say that about your employer? I never dread coming into work because everyday is something new and exciting, and I enjoy all of my co-workers.

I have learned more in one year of working at GMS than I have in all my other positions. They allow you to take on challenges and strive to make you a better employee. GMS is a dream team with a work hard, play hard motto.
Pros
Culture, Work Balance, Work Schedule, Work from Home, Training
Love it!
Client Services (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHAugust 16, 2017
There is a lot to be thankful for if you are given the opportunity to work for GMS. Besides the amazing benefits, you are able to learn every single day because of the industry we are in! We work with some fun clients and amazing co-workers.
Pros
Benefits, Flexibility, People, Type of Work
Good Experience
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 25, 2017
Seasonal work with a management group in Montgomery, served as an intern type position with hands in marketing materials, content, and meeting assistance.
sales rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2017
work hard, play hard. a lot of cold calling to book appointments. required to book 5 meetings a week. laid back culture. good services and products. Hard to complete a sale process with workers comp.
June 5, 2017

We appreciate your feedback regarding your employment with GMS and hope you enjoyed your time while you were here. I am happy to hear you believe in the services we offer to our clients! We do have high expectations and a specific process for sales representatives to follow, which includes a minimum number of calls and meetings to be met. Our process has proven to be successful! I have not been informed of any issues with our worker’s compensation process, thank you for mentioning this as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Best Place I've Worked
Third Party Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHApril 7, 2017
Management encourages all of it's employees to be engaged. The support amongst employees and management is like none I've seen before. Not only is there interdepartmental support, other teams will jump right in to help solve a problem if they are able. GMS is a great place to work!
Pros
Culture, Atmosphere, Benefits
Cons
Great place to work and grow!
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHMarch 23, 2017
I have been with GMS for a little over a year and a half. Since day one, I have been welcome with open arms. This job truly allows me to be passionate about what I love to do and run with it. I am surrounded by some of the most amazing people I have ever met which makes this place so easy to work at.

Job Work/life Balance:
With things like flex time and cloud days, you are able to really adjust and accommodate your life in a positive way. If get your work done, make your clients happy and support your team, the rewards are given.

Compensation/Benefits:
I cant even begin to explain how generous the benefits are. The total amount of benefits broken down makes the compensation rate go up tremendously. There are so many little extra things throughout the year too that truly take the compensation and benefits to the next level.

Job Security/ Advancement:
I feel very secure in my position. You work hard and make yourself a valuable piece to the company then you should have no concerns of your job security. We are very much a work hard/play hard company and you will absolutely see the rewards for your hard work. We are rapidly growing so many opportunities continue to present itself for growth and advancement.

Management:
Every department has a Vice President and a manager that oversees the team. The VP's here are true leaders. They are the strongest and do everything to whole heartedly better the company. Management within the teams are always there to support, guide and lead in all situations.

Job Culture:
I cannot say better things about this culture we have
  more... created and it keeps getting better everyday. This entire company is SO strong and has outgoing, fun-loving and genuine people. I at times think there is no way we could find another personality has wonderful as the ones we already have and then bam! we do. It's unreal. From the interview process to the development. We have an eye for talent and the type of people that will continue to build this and grow us. I LOVE coming to work each and everyday because of the people and the culture.

In conclusion, I am so blessed and fortunate to work for this company. I pinch myself daily because when I think it's not going to get any better than this, it does. I live, eat and breathe everything we are about. Thank you GMS for providing such an incredible place to work that not only supports me but my family.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, People
Incredible Company!
TPA (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHMarch 22, 2017
GMS has an excellent company culture, a proactive management team, and offers many great perks. I think the most enjoyable parts of this company are the team cohesion and growth experience over the last few years.
Pros
Benefits, company culture, work/life balance
Wouldn't Want Any Other Job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OhioMarch 22, 2017
When you think of the factors you look for in a good position like culture, benefits, and pay all three are great at GMS. I look forward to coming to work everyday because I enjoy the people I work with. There is always new opportunities to grow within the business and if you work hard it will pay off and the benefits are the best I've had compared to any other company.
Pros
Fun work environment, growing business, friendly employees
Love it here!
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHMarch 22, 2017
I have continued to grow professionally, as we are constantly presented with new challenges. Management is open to ideas and helps foster each employee's development. GMS hires great people that are wonderful to work with and learn from. We ensure our clients are taken care of but are also able to enjoy time with our families at the end of the day. It's a great place to be! I have always felt taken care of and am grateful for our awesome benefits!
Great place to work, fun environment
Workers Compensation Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHFebruary 6, 2017
Flexible with their employees, allowed to work from home. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming, president really cares about his employees.
Great company culture that values their employees
Sales Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHJanuary 6, 2017
GMS is a company that sees their employees as assets and not a number. And they have a great work life balance! They believe in health and wellness as well. We have a chicken coop and garden behind our headquarters! And they have a great company culture where everyone feels like your family.
Pros
work life balance, some positions get company cars, some position get work from home days
Great place to work!!!
Sales Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 5, 2017
GMS is by far the best job I have ever had! I am highly impressed with how open and approachable upper management are. The benefits are top notch with a real emphasize on work/life balance. GMS values innovation and creative thinking, and with an open door policy it is a safe place to bring any ideas to upper management.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Flex schedule, Company Car, Great Upper Management
Best Job I've Ever Had
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHJanuary 5, 2017
GMS is unlike any job I have ever worked. I have experienced working for multiple, large corporations. GMS is a family. Everyone carries themselves with a positive attitude and it makes for a much more enjoyable daily work experience. The management cares about your opinion. You see the CEO on a daily basis and he knows everyone by name. He knows about your life and wants everyone to win inside and outside of work. I have never been more satisfied by a job in my life and hope to spend my whole career riding this wave of growth with an amazing company.
Pros
Engagement, Work/life balance, Opportunities, Culture
Fun and positive work environment!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHJanuary 5, 2017
I've been with GMS for a little over 3 months and love everything about this company! It has a positive atmosphere and creates a fun and supportive work environment for all of it's employees. Each day is different and I am constantly feeling challenged in my position. I truly enjoy coming to work every day and being a part of such a great team and company.
Pros
Work/life balance, the people, management, fun environment
Great Company
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHOctober 28, 2016
I have worked for GMS for quite a few years now and love it! The industry we are in is always changing, so the job never gets boring. We have great people and benefits as well!
Pros
People, Benefits, Culture
great place, awesome bosses
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHJanuary 22, 2013
they had great practices, but needed more rules instead of patio and beer fridays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Group Management Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5