Group O Employee Reviews in United States

I would not waste my time if I were you
Functional Tester/ RF Tester (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 1, 2016
It was a startup business, the first in Memphis. There are other locations in other states. Since we were the first people there they made us build the entire lab, just to give us a 25 dollar gift card five months later. Once we finally started doing the actual job,it was a very easy job but management created a hostile environment. There is not room to move up in the company. One is either a functional tester or management. It is very highly unlikely that one would become supervisor or manager. The security is almost worse than airport security. only low top shoes are permitted, no phones in, not enough lockers for everyone, and only a thirty minute lunch. The parking lot is almost across the street from the actual building, after walking from the parking lot, you has to go through a metal turnstile to get through the fence then walk 200 feet to the actual door.
Pros
being easy
Cons
management, no advancement
Long time company with high expectation of parts and employees
Paintline Loader (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILMarch 7, 2016
My coworkers were the best part of my job and definitely made it easy for me to get through the day and learn my job. How the job was we had to work as a team to get it done and as we worked together we became closer as a unit and i would recommend that way to work in this environment.
Pros
Multiple Breaks
Cons
Poor management
They are no longer available.
Inventory Clerck / forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILJune 24, 2016
They where ok i guess no prblems ever .Great benefits and people.
i learn standup forklift and how to properly bail trash.
Management seen great with good intentions.
Coworkers where the best crew ever to be assembled and smart.
No work was ever to stressful or hard.
The best part where christmas parties and bonuses if any i miss that job big time best job ever.
Pros
great bosses understanding and caring .
Cons
there are none .
Terrible
Functional Tester (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 11, 2016
A typical day at work is sitting at a desk, looking at a computer screen and the device you're testing, following the directions as you go.

Management is unorganized and very strict. There is no talking, no bathroom breaks except during your scheduled break, and more.

Co-works are mostly very nice.

Security is very strict. You're only allowed to bring in certain things. No phone or watch. Lunches can be brought but not leave once brought in. I could go on but its not worth my time.
R & O is a logistic company that handles jobs inside the plant for Caterpillar Inc... It is a minority own company that hires everyone.
Trainer / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, IL 60506February 4, 2016
A typical consists of supervising and working alongside employees. I also trained new employees in the proper operation and use equipment and the use of computer systems. Also making sure all safety procedures are being followed. Communications could be a problem sometimes with different minorities. It was great working where most people had a sense of pride in their work.
Pros
Good wages and good training of employees and supervisors.
Cons
The attitude of Caterpillars union employees towards R & O employees was a problem sometimes.
low pay
Final Packer (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJanuary 21, 2016
I worked at group o for a year and lacked communication. Temps were depended on highly to pick up slack of core employees. Management was degrading of there employees. Don't go there unless desperate.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management
productive atmospere
receiving (Current Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJanuary 15, 2016
provides holiday lunches for employess, also yearly award benefits for employees.managers are great. need better system for attendence policy. big turnover rate.
Poor Management
Lead Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2016
Complete lack of communication and support throughout my employment. You are basically on your own. Very low pay. Most benefits you pay the majority of.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Bad benefits
customer service/sales rep
Group O- Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  milan, ilMarch 29, 2015
i would come in and answer phones and do rewards cards for customers make sure they are getting the amount they want, then i would try to sell them products that they don't already have.

i learned that sales is something i am not good at, but i did work hard to make sure the customer was happy.

Management, honestly were never on the same page about things certain ones knew certain answers.

my coworkers were amazing, i loved them we were always so close...

The hardest part about the job was selling the products, i just wanted to make sure they were getting what they were calling in for.

The most enjoyable part about the job was my coworkers, we always had each others back and always tried to help each other approve..
Good place to work.
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMay 24, 2016
Enjoyed working there very much.Room to growth and reviews done often. I would recommend anyone to work there its a great company.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILApril 20, 2016
Fun workplace, always had incentives plus constant training to learn or improve skills. Downfall was the late hours, but the easy job made up for it.
A job with flexible hours.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJuly 17, 2012
A typical day at work consist of unloading trucks, loading trucks, and moving material to designated locations. I learned at my job to be very efficient and safe while operating a forklift. I also learned alot about logistics and material handling. Management were not very trained on how to talk or train employees. My co-workers were normal people trying to make a living for their families. The hardest part of my job was dealing with being disrespected and looked down upon by higher management. The most enjoyable part of my job was the thrill and satisfaction of unloading and loading all my trucks within a very reasonable time frame.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
poor benefits, no promotions within company, limited positions, disrespectful supervisors.
Typical day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILSeptember 5, 2015
On a daily basis I log into my computer for 8 hours to a chat service for AT&T customers who are wanting to claim or find out what reward card they qualified for. Some of these customers can be very irate depending on what another rep from AT&T sales department told them they may get in reward cards based off their services they have. Some days I can take as many as 50 chats for the day and some days it is as low as 30. I take 2 at a time navigating through their accounts. I also do datat entry for michelin tires while I ma not assisting customers.
Pros
being able to assit people
Cons
angry customers
Employee at will
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  JolietApril 19, 2013
The day is pretty typical unless something goes wrong then it is all hands on deck drop what you are doing. The training is a joke because it is nonexsistant. Management is all about getting on their good side or they will make you want to quit. Co-workers are hard working and some can be dependable. The hardest part about the job is not getting bored from the some old routine day in and day out. The part I like most about this job is the fact that I have job security since I am the only one who knows how to handle some functions and reports.
Pros
the position
Cons
the lack of say in what can be changed
the company has monthly incentives the last one was carnival day
Phone Agent (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILSeptember 26, 2015
On a daily basis I answer incoming calls for customer service. Most of the calls are good but I do get the calls with irate callers upset about one thing or another and I have to calm them down. If I am not getting calls I do Data entry for submissions.
Pros
The company has a lot of incentives for their employees
Cons
the hours 10:00 am to 7:00pm
Group O was a very good place to work
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milan ILOctober 7, 2015
They are a fast past environment. I learned a lot of skills while working there. The managers i worked with took the time to listen and teach me the things that i needed. The software they use was simple to understand. They like to use best practices and are very customer oriented.
Productiive Environment, Felt valued by AT&T for my work
Project Manager of Consumer Insights and Analytics (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2015
Light environment met with difficult and interesting projects and work. Always felt valued. I learned alot about how corporations work, and as my first job it was great to see how businesses conduct themselves as well as the atmosphere of a professional job. Co-workers were great, and I enjoyed the management moreso than I would have expected.
Pros
got me my start.
Cons
little vacation time.
Capable of doing great things, but in the end, it's a grind.
Indirect Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILFebruary 19, 2014
I really liked working at Group O and from the start it looks like a company that can really help you get ahead. The benefits are great and you stand to learn a lot if you're an entry-level employee. The company culture is also really accepting. I met a lot of friendly people there, and came across a lot of people who didn't really deserve to be working a low skills customer service or data entry job. Turnover is lower here too than for other companies doing the same thing because it is a bit better run; they work harder on employee retention.

But your advancement is solely dependent on what program you get into. If you are like me and get cross-trained into something it can be really frustrating because you have to work on a lot of different things, and your advancement is limited because of your "main" job title. Even though I was working on several different programs, I was making less than those working on one because of what my main title was, with no room for advancement because I lacked additional training in those fields. Employment can be shaky depending on your program, as well. Turnover is really high for some.

I eventually found myself working in a new program they started for sales and realized that when new things start, nobody around here knows what they're doing. I constantly could not find the answers I needed and within two months half the starting group was gone. The management for the new program was brought in as new hires, instead of promoting existing program managers who already knew large chunks of the program. Meetings with the team and my manager
  more... would be cancelled without explanation. Oftentimes if I was doing a project somewhere else I would be pulled off to to go elsewhere because something is always behind and they don't hire fast enough to replace those who leave.

All in all, I would still recommend Group O as a great place to work if you want a somewhat better-paying job in the area with decent benefits and you need customer service or sales experience to put on your resume. But they aren't the best.
Pros
good facilities, benefits, can eventually find someone who knows what they're talking about
Cons
short breaks, big differences in quality between different programs, shakily managed
Reward Specialist
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milan, ILOctober 9, 2013
-Come in 10:15 am till 7pm so the hours aren't the best but that is what I applied for. Correct the mistakes of regular AT&T reps that promise the world to customers and then tell them what they actually qualify for, which does suck because they do mislead the elders alot which is sad.
-I've learned that AT&T customers are the most greedy people on the planet and will take it to the AT&T headquarters for a 10 dollar paperless billing reward.
-Love the people I work with at Group O corporate office and everybody says hello.
-Hardest part is telling people no and then back to back calls. Average 120 calls a day.
-Most enjoyable will probably be the potlucks and activities that Group O host and they really do treat you well since they do realize that what we can deal with can be stressful/demanding. Do not feel like we are at the bottom of the totem poll.
Pros
lenient, potlucks, advancement
Cons
45 minute lunch, bad coffee, cnn always on
Poor Poor place to work
O2 Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILApril 10, 2012
Stay away from this employer. They do not give salary increases, performance reviews. They expect you to work 70 hours a week.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Group O. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8