Group O

Group O United States Employee Reviews

not able to get a 40 hours each week
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 13, 2015
Great Managers but Supervisors in the alliance office are really hard to work with. If he messes up at all he is quick to point fingers at everybody else. one week they will expect you to work 4 hours a day ans the next week they will want you to work a 60 hour work week not keeping in mind that you have a family to go home to.
customer service/sales rep
Group O- Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), milan, ilMarch 29, 2015
i would come in and answer phones and do rewards cards for customers make sure they are getting the amount they want, then i would try to sell them products that they don't already have.

i learned that sales is something i am not good at, but i did work hard to make sure the customer was happy.

Management, honestly were never on the same page about things certain ones knew certain answers.

my coworkers were amazing, i loved them we were always so close...

The hardest part about the job was selling the products, i just wanted to make sure they were getting what they were calling in for.

The most enjoyable part about the job was my coworkers, we always had each others back and always tried to help each other approve..
Productiive Environment, Felt valued by AT&T for my work
Project Manager of Consumer Insights and Analytics (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 20, 2015
Pros: got me my start.
Cons: little vacation time.
Light environment met with difficult and interesting projects and work. Always felt valued. I learned alot about how corporations work, and as my first job it was great to see how businesses conduct themselves as well as the atmosphere of a professional job. Co-workers were great, and I enjoyed the management moreso than I would have expected.
Clerk (Former Employee), Aurora, ILMarch 2, 2015
Pros: peaceful
I would look up parts in computer system to be picked and pulled. Also look and place parts in correct slots. The hardest part of the job was the commute
Very positive work ethic
Data entry clerk (Former Employee), Milan, ILMarch 1, 2015
Pros: being able to go to the doctor during the day if need be and make up the hours
Cons: short breaks
I love data entry, scanning, validating, general office duties and working as a call center agent. I must be busy and I can multitask. Once I have my job duties down good, I need little supervision. I like working with positive people and manager and be a team. The hardest part of a job is not being able to complete tasks on time. The most enjoyable part of a job is doing a great job, having a positive work environment with good people, and making great money.
ok if hurting for work
Data Entry/Imaging Sedona (Former Employee), milan, ilFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: ok if your desperate for job
Cons: very little training, hours constantly switched, seldom a full weeks work
limited training, very strict rules with extremely low pay. Little understanding to those who can't keep up the fast pace of enviroment
fun workplace
Bilingual customer service representative (Former Employee), Milan, ILFebruary 20, 2015
It was a back to back call center which helps customers. Co workers were very friendly oriented and easy to get along with.
good company i unloaded and loaded trucks and delivered parts
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 28, 2015
its was a fast pace environment, but was fun to go to work everyday
Groupo cares alot their employess
Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Milan, ILDecember 11, 2014
overall good company to work for, however I think they have the wrong person in charge for the operations manager of the call center .
ok
Fork Operator (Former Employee), Milan, ILDecember 1, 2014
just like any other job, some favorites. overall not bad but glad i'm out of there.
Would receive gifts from the company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Milan, ILOctober 18, 2014
Pros: great lunch time
Cons: dont have any
Liked the fact that it is a very busy environment that way my day goes by fast. I learned how to keep a low time on my calls. Great place to work for I enjoyed the people I worked with also. The hardest part of the job is giving the callers bad news, if the system is down and was not able to do much for them.
As a contracting company it was a decent place to work.
Programmer Analyst Marketing Solutions (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2014
Responsible for conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT), using SQL programs, for changes and modifications done to tables. Ensured that proper documentation was maintained in hard copy as well as in Quality Control (QC) Center on each UAT performed. Performed monthly table and data verification, using SQL programs, across platforms and ensured data was valid before handing it over to users.
Overall good place.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Milan, ILSeptember 30, 2014
Overall good place to work, Pay and advancement opportunities could be better.
good place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Rock Island, ILSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: free donuts on overtime
Cons: short breaks
work typically goes by pretty fast if your working hard. The people are friendly and helpful.
Poor management
Floor Material Planning Analyst (Former Employee), Aurora, ILAugust 21, 2014
Pros: a lot of work
Cons: horrible leads
unloading trailers to finding parts for a certain location.Do not work for group o.
A very laid back place, cool and very quiet. A nice environment to be in.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Milan, ILJuly 28, 2014
Pros: you get a break every two hours, which made the day go by faster.
Cons: it was freezing cold inside.
A typical day of work is really quiet and very content. You are not allowed to talk to anyone, you are constantly on the computer for eight hours, so it was a very still and quiet kind of environment. Everyone was very nice and polite and we were allowed to listen to our music by using our headphones, which made work even more enjoyable.
Productive and interesting coworkers.
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee), Milan, ILMay 5, 2014
Pros: heavy lifting
Cons: short breaks
A typical day for me starts off with doing a general cleaning of my area such as sweeping and picking up trash from previous shift. Then I either lift parts or use a hoist to put them onto a paint line. The hardest part of my job is that I am unable to work ahead when I get the chance. The most enjoyable part of my job is lunchtime. My coworkers make my job so much easier because when you have a group of people that work as hard as I do then it makes the job and the day go by fast and the job is done more efficiently.
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Aurora, ILApril 24, 2014
Pros: early shifts
Cons: leadership
Job was alright! Long days but everyone worked together to get jobs completed.
Capable of doing great things, but in the end, it's a grind.
Indirect Sales Agent (Current Employee), Milan, ILFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: good facilities, benefits, can eventually find someone who knows what they're talking about
Cons: short breaks, big differences in quality between different programs, shakily managed
I really liked working at Group O and from the start it looks like a company that can really help you get ahead. The benefits are great and you stand to learn a lot if you're an entry-level employee. The company culture is also really accepting. I met a lot of friendly people there, and came across a lot of people who didn't really deserve to be working a low skills customer service or data entry job. Turnover is lower here too than for other companies doing the same thing because it is a bit better run; they work harder on employee retention.

But your advancement is solely dependent on what program you get into. If you are like me and get cross-trained into something it can be really frustrating because you have to work on a lot of different things, and your advancement is limited because of your "main" job title. Even though I was working on several different programs, I was making less than those working on one because of what my main title was, with no room for advancement because I lacked additional training in those fields. Employment can be shaky depending on your program, as well. Turnover is really high for some.

I eventually found myself working in a new program they started for sales and realized that when new things start, nobody around here knows what they're doing. I constantly could not find the answers I needed and within two months half the starting group was gone. The management for the new program was brought in as new hires, instead of promoting existing program managers who already knew large chunks of the program. Meetings with the team and my manager – more... would be cancelled without explanation. Oftentimes if I was doing a project somewhere else I would be pulled off to to go elsewhere because something is always behind and they don't hire fast enough to replace those who leave.

All in all, I would still recommend Group O as a great place to work if you want a somewhat better-paying job in the area with decent benefits and you need customer service or sales experience to put on your resume. But they aren't the best. – less
People Skills
Web Programmer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2014
The job in itself was good. The direction from Management was very poor. The atmosphere in the office was neglect and non communication.

1 2 3