Group Publishing Employee Reviews in United States

Okay
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 12, 2016
This was a dissapointing place to work. Management makes a lot of bad decisions and the company is understaffed - increasingly so each year
Buyer beware!
Choose not to reveal (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COMay 25, 2013
What this company portends and what it actually is are world's apart.

Upper management touts "we're all in this together" but when the rubber meets the road it's really "every man/woman for themselves." They say they have an "open door policy" which actually means if you dare complain the door is opened for your exit.

So poorly managed, with layer upon layer of incompetent middle managers, that staff hasn't had a raise in over three years! There is absolutely no opportunity for advancement or growth. Management DEMANDS perfection without holding themselves to the same standards.

The ONE good thing Group Publishing has going for it are staff who work and support each other through the trials and challenges of weak/incompetent management.
Pros
dedicated, loyal and supportive co-workers.
Cons
arrogant upper management and poorly trained and bullying middle managers.
good people
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 9, 2016
happy place, most people seem to care about their job and most departments try to emphasize positivity and fun. couple extra paid holidays too
comfotable work environment
Technology Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 31, 2015
My second assignment turned into a direct hire for temporary time as an administrative assistant for the business section. I organized all the files, created contracts for employees, negotiated prices for equipment, balanced budget, took minutes of meetings, kept track of all printers, computers, and cellphones.
I learned to develop financial spreadsheets and how to construct a legal contact for intellectual equipment.
I especially enjoyed my supervisor, she always knew when I needed her; would magically appear.
I knew this was temporary employment, wanted to stay forever.
I have never met such an enjoyable group of people who were involved in many charitable projects.
Pros
peaceful and respectful
Cons
A great mission but poorly managed company.
Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COMay 3, 2013
This is a Christian based company aimed primarily at youth group curriculum. There is far too much internal turmoil however to make this an excellent choice for a long-term career. Some in management have clearly been promoted despite an obvious lack of skill or experience in their department. It is a fun atmosphere at times but the backstabbing is too frequent and too ignored.
Pros
fun atmosphere and noble mission.
Cons
the mission seems lost and unrealized to its full potential by inner turmoil and moral failures.
Great Group of People
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 6, 2015
Unpaid practicum student but they were very patient and understanding. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Most people there seemed to be working on their passion and greatly enjoying it.
Best Place in the World!
Web Moderator and Contract Presenter and Writer (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 6, 2014
Wish I could do more than contract work for them. Love the product, love the mission, love the people, love the way they treat us. I just received a card thanking me for the work I do for them! Unbelievably wonderful group of people.
Distribution clerk (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COMarch 30, 2012
Great place to work- people are great- uplifing enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Group Publishing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9