GroupM Employee Reviews

Has changed alot
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2017
Not as great as it used to be. No loyalty to hard working employees and everyone is easily replaceable and made to feel as such. Nepotism runs high and unless you are great buds with senior management promotions are years and years in the making if at all. Glad to have left!!
Pros
holidays and generous paid time off and great medical benefits
Cons
Management, training, advancement, compensation, easily replaceable
Disorganized
Digital Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
Wonderful work/life balance but management is extremely disorganized. Terrible salary and very little room to grow. Overall not a great experience.
GroupM
Broadcast Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2016
Overall, GroupM is a great place to work, but bad communication between upper management and employees. Direct supervisors were great in Atlanta office.
Productive and fun workplace
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2016
A typical day here in the office includes checking buys to make sure that correct day-parts are being used, correct spot lengths and approved programming is used. Also to make sure that buyers are spending budgets correctly.
In general is good place to work
Comptroller (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRApril 11, 2016
A typical day of work one must do many different things and constantly learning on the job. Management worries for the employee health. The hardest time is the last few days of the month where situations occur that are out of one's control. There were different relationships between employees but my favorite thing would have to be the activities.
Fun place to work
Executive Assistant for CEO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2016
enjoyed meeting and working with great people; clients are respectable; room for growth; great location; demanding work hours.
Pros
Able to work from home
Cons
no comments
Big
administrative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2015
Very big and matrixed organization. Good opportunity to learn at the biggest player in the media space. Space is a little outdated, but moving to world trade area in 2018
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
Best people in the industry, job security. Dynamic and fast paced environment. Opportunity to work in smaller divisions of a large holding company which offers the best of both worlds.
International company with a lot of moving parts with interesting and diverse people.
NA Service Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
GroupM is a very large company with many moving parts. It was a very rewarding place to work. There has been a major reorganization worldwide and at the moment there is very little direction and no leadership.

Being here I have learned a great deal about office automation development within SharePoint. My coworkers have all been very friendly and helpful and my team of direct reports were very easy to work with. As was my overseas development team

The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable. The various projects I have either managed or developed myself can be (and most were) very difficult but so rewarding when they are successfully completed.
Pros
Work culture at a media company is very casual and fun. Also lots of free food
Cons
Difficult to get everyone on the same page
Excellent place to learn new technology and get hands on experience
Senior Global Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
The organization is an excellent place to learn hands on. Always trying to stay ahead of the curve on cutting edge technologies.

Working for the organization I learned a large number of technologies such as Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, 3Par Storage Citrix Netscalers, EMC RSA Atuhenication Manager and VMware.
Okay place to work
Partner, Business Analysis/Applications Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2015
I have been working at GroupM full-time

Pros

GroupM provides a Great work/life balance with plenty of "day off" time

Cons

IT going through changes, little transparency, very uncertain on future
Good Place to Learn
Group Account Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2015
Can be challenging as depending on your role and which agency, roles and expectations aren't always well defined. You get to work on great brands, however; depending upon your level, salary doesn't always match work responsibilities. You need to be your own advocate. Being such a large agency has its pros and cons.
Fun Work environment
SYSTEM ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2015
I worked with two exceptional team members and we not only got the job done but had fun while providing IT support to several companies. We worked together for 7 1/2 years together and we were like family. The work environment was positive and the people we supported were outgoing which made our jobs in IT even more fun.
No room to grow
Broadcast Buyer for Direct Response TV (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
There are some nice people that are good to work with, however you will not move up in this company. You will be stuck in same spot for years and no one will be helpful.
Fast paced and high volume of work
Media Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brickell FloridaSeptember 17, 2014
This job was very fast paced and had a high volume of work but it was great working there. The co-workers were amazing we all got along.
Pros
Free lunches at restuarants or at the office, bonuses, left work early sometimes, the last two weeks of December we were off and paid for.
A good starting point to open to new things and network
Sr. Desktop Support/Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2014
A good starting point to open to new things and network. Job culture could use some improvement.
Access to the best in the industry
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
Very fortunate to work with the leading holding company globally
Great team and good management
Staff Accountant- CPA Candidate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2014
I've learned so many valuable things. One of them is to work in a team and finish what needs to be done.
Great media company, good place to start carreer
Database admin/Senior CRM-systems administrator (Former Employee) –  MoscowMarch 2, 2014
- Nice team of co-workers
- Large international company
- Fun to work in Advertisement sphere
Excellent Place
Jr. Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 12, 2013
Excelent co-worker to work. I learned much about diferents accounting in advertising.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GroupM. Our community is ready to answer.