GroupM Employee Reviews in United States

Fun place to work
Executive Assistant for CEO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 27, 2016
enjoyed meeting and working with great people; clients are respectable; room for growth; great location; demanding work hours.
Pros
Able to work from home
Cons
no comments
Big
administrative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 25, 2015
Very big and matrixed organization. Good opportunity to learn at the biggest player in the media space. Space is a little outdated, but moving to world trade area in 2018
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2015
Best people in the industry, job security. Dynamic and fast paced environment. Opportunity to work in smaller divisions of a large holding company which offers the best of both worlds.
International company with a lot of moving parts with interesting and diverse people.
NA Service Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2015
GroupM is a very large company with many moving parts. It was a very rewarding place to work. There has been a major reorganization worldwide and at the moment there is very little direction and no leadership.

Being here I have learned a great deal about office automation development within SharePoint. My coworkers have all been very friendly and helpful and my team of direct reports were very easy to work with. As was my overseas development team

The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable. The various projects I have either managed or developed myself can be (and most were) very difficult but so rewarding when they are successfully completed.
Pros
Work culture at a media company is very casual and fun. Also lots of free food
Cons
Difficult to get everyone on the same page
Excellent place to learn new technology and get hands on experience
Senior Global Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
The organization is an excellent place to learn hands on. Always trying to stay ahead of the curve on cutting edge technologies.

Working for the organization I learned a large number of technologies such as Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, 3Par Storage Citrix Netscalers, EMC RSA Atuhenication Manager and VMware.
Okay place to work
Partner, Business Analysis/Applications Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2015
I have been working at GroupM full-time

Pros

GroupM provides a Great work/life balance with plenty of "day off" time

Cons

IT going through changes, little transparency, very uncertain on future
Good Place to Learn
Group Account Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2015
Can be challenging as depending on your role and which agency, roles and expectations aren't always well defined. You get to work on great brands, however; depending upon your level, salary doesn't always match work responsibilities. You need to be your own advocate. Being such a large agency has its pros and cons.
Fun Work environment
SYSTEM ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 12, 2015
I worked with two exceptional team members and we not only got the job done but had fun while providing IT support to several companies. We worked together for 7 1/2 years together and we were like family. The work environment was positive and the people we supported were outgoing which made our jobs in IT even more fun.
No room to grow
Broadcast Buyer for Direct Response TV (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
There are some nice people that are good to work with, however you will not move up in this company. You will be stuck in same spot for years and no one will be helpful.
Fast paced and high volume of work
Media Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brickell FloridaSeptember 17, 2014
This job was very fast paced and had a high volume of work but it was great working there. The co-workers were amazing we all got along.
Pros
free lunches at restuarants or at the office, bonuses, left work early sometimes, the last two weeks of december we were off and paid for.
A good starting point to open to new things and network
Sr. Desktop Support/Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 13, 2014
A good starting point to open to new things and network. Job culture could use some improvement.
Access to the best in the industry
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 29, 2014
Very fortunate to work with the leading holding company globally
Great team and good management
Staff Accountant- CPA Candidate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2014
I've learned so many valuable things. One of them is to work in a team and finish what needs to be done.
Great media company, good place to start carreer
Database admin/Senior CRM-systems administrator (Former Employee) –  MoscowMarch 2, 2014
- Nice team of co-workers
- Large international company
- Fun to work in Advertisement sphere
Excellent Place
Jr. Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 12, 2013
Excelent co-worker to work. I learned much about diferents accounting in advertising.
Great place to work and gain experience
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2013
A typical day consists of any of the following: A/R and A/P, reconciliations, analysis of accounts, variance explanation, etc. My experience at GroupM has taught me to be detailed oriented as well as how to efficiently manage my time. I've gotten the chance to work with great individuals who are very helpful and supportive. The hardest part of the job is resolving problems that occurred prior to my employment with the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing difficult projects and getting our month-end and yearly closes.
A first step into the media world
Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 1, 2013
A great place to learn the basics in media. More often than not, issues or discrepancies are realized in the finance department. It is our job to resolve these issues by requesting additional information from vendors, planners, analysts and/or reviewing contracts or insertion orders. I've learned how to meet demanding deadlines and to communicate in a multi-level corporate environment. In my position, the hardest part of my job is knowing that there is no way to move up without waiting for someone to retire. My co-workers are the best part of the job.
Pros
expericne, co-workers
Cons
no career path, very low pay, short lunch
Productive and Fun
Network Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2013
A very productive and fun company to work for, filled with great and friendly people.

I enjoy the company culture and the ability to speak with anyone from entry level to executive without concern..
Team Environment and overall Pleasure among co-workers.
Print Media Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2013
A typical day always fluctuates. I specialize in print media and have 4 clients that are currently active. Depending on the activity of the campaign different needs always surface. I manage two accounts that I have a direct report to and two accounts that I solely oversee. At any given point I am managing 8 other co-workers and overseeing 85 million dollars gross of my clients budgets. The management I do report to is great. They allow me key responsibilities with freedom and they have the trust in me to report directly to the clients and make very key very quick decisions. Never at any given moment have I ever mis-managed my clients nor their budgets. I am key person for gaining savings and have been key negotiator with all my vendors. Hardest part of my job is always making sure the clients are pleased with my work and the same time maintaining fruitful partnerships with the vendors and never burning bridges or becoming too selfish. Always understanding the business relationship on both sides has been a key characteristic I have mastered. With this the most enjoyable part of my job is never feeling uncomfortable and always feeling a team player.

I can honestly say that I have the most respect for my management however recently I have been given key responsibilities that should warrant and promotion and a title change, however I have not been given this and thus feel as though the track of advancement has been hindered due to account freezes with client spending down.

Ideally I feel that I have gained my knowledge in the agency field and would like to move my knowledge and
  more... expertise onto the client/in house side of things.  less
Pros
work environment, level of respect, job responsibilities, team work ethic
Cons
road to advancement, salary, benefits
Loved the people and the work environment
Finance Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2013
My days were nevre boring. My work environment was full of enjoyment. My co workers were exceptional.
Pros
free lunches, gifts from clients
Cons
a lot of overtime, and late