Groupon

Groupon Employer Reviews

Very laid back and caring when it comes to rude customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2014
Pros: internet access all day
Cons: temporary position
I generally like working for groupon. You have your call quota to make for the day. However, its alot of the same work. I'd like to change it up. As a temporary employee though an agency, theres a disconnect between full-time employees and temp (part-time) workers.
Ok company
Senior Outside Account Executive (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: good base, good technology and tools.
Cons: not much support, turnover, shrinking market share
Company is struggling in general, makes it hard to achieve sales goals. 100% remote, little support. Good base salary.
Productive and fun
Senior Strategy & Insights Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 1, 2014
Pros: free beverages!
Cons: meeting rooms that are difficult to find
Great place to work! Innovative and dynamic environment that is developing, learning and growing in a solid direction.
Warehouse Associate
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Hebron, KYMay 29, 2014
Warehouse Associate at Groupon.

• Industrial duties i.e. cherry picking and packaging items.
• Shipping packages and supplying coworkers with tools for completing assigned duties in a timely manner.
• Provides maintenance on the factory floor to ensure smooth business production
A fun place to work
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 16, 2014
Working at Groupon as a Group Fitness Instructor was fun for me. They like the way I kept things fresh and tried new things everyday. They were also very grateful for the knowledge I'd share keeping it very simple to understand.
Fun company full of young people!
Account Representative - Inside Sales (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 23, 2014
Pros: no dress code.
Cons: might be to young and laid back for older professionals
Typical sales job making cold calls and trying to close deals to hit sales goals but what makes it unique are the types of accounts you work with and all the young people who work here.
Fun Work Place, but that's it
Account Executive (Inside Sales Rep) (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 9, 2014
Pros: work life balance, great culture, good people
Cons: poor compensation, very little opportunity to make money or advance, ever-changing commission structure, goals, quotas, managers;
Groupon's environment is fantastic. You work with great people. The work life balance is great. They're flexible. It's relaxed. However, it's the only thing that keeps you there - people & comfortability. They now require that you make 35 calls a day which is nothing, but it's how they compare you. They quota you based on points which have 0 compatibility – more... to the amount of profit you make for the company or how good the business is. It's a completely unknown number. They change their goals, mission, outlook, and commission every 2-3 quarters based upon Wall Street. It's senior leadership, specifically on the sales side, is incredibly poor and short sighted. Very good people, but they have no idea how to run a sales force. They reward behavior that shouldn't be rewarded. Most importantly maybe, they have zero clue on long-term outlook. For example, if an employee leaves there is no procedure on accounts, etc. They make decisions without knowing how to manage the rippling effects. Very, very poorly run. If you're a kid out of college go for it. However, they don't know how to develop sales talent/skills, nor retain it. – less
Innovative technology company, fun work environment, good looking people
CLIENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 4, 2014
Pros: coolest workplace ever, fun company events, sharp bright employees
Cons: management was never around for assistance, all lateral moves, stagnant in position
Starting in a new department was a lot of fun. The team grew from 3 to 80 team members in only two years. I've learned how to manage my time and make certain tasks priority over others. The hardest part of the job was constantly adding daily duties to the department. More work lead to less time with client interaction. High call volume was very frustrating – more... as well. Employees were busy with follow up, and had little time to take inbound calls, which makes it difficult on everyone because the call logs get backed up. Management was in meetings all day long and were not around when escalated situations occurred. Sometimes it was a good thing because you make the best decision for that client, and you do your best at coming up with a resolution for the client as well as the company. There was no advancement within the department. Most of the moves with the company were lateral with no additional compensation. I've learned a lot working for a start up company, I don't regret any of it. – less
Challenging and Exciting Atmosphere
Account Manger (Current Employee), Chicago ILMarch 8, 2014
Challenging and Exciting Atmosphere. Fast paced with changes and carrying out the new processes. Great people.
Fun place to work.
Senior International Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2014
Pros: culture, coworkers, fast paced
Cons: compensation, top down information gap
Groupon is a culture driven, fast paced environment. I would recommend this business.
Passionate people, clueless managers
Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2014
In the two years I worked at Groupon the salesforce was subjected to what seemed like an infinite supply of poorly considered changes.

In two years:

Commission has changed three times decreasing each time and I've gone from $80k a year in pay to $50k. Goals have changed 4 times from company profit, to company revenue, to company profit, to "points." – more... There's a flavor of the month KPI that I would be judged by and I'd never know which is important.

I went from loving the first 6 months to this job to becoming so bitter towards sales I'm now leaving at all costs. – less
Fun and challenging company
Account Executive (Current Employee), OrlandoFebruary 25, 2014
Groupon is a great company to work for. The managers care about your success and work with you when you're struggling. Keep in mind it's still a young company so changes happen frequently.
Inventory clerk
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Grove City, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: it was very unorganize
This was a great environment just every unorganized. I learned more about working with WMS, RF Scanner and many other thing so I can say that it was a great deal of opportunity to learn many things. There were just shift being switch around like every months.
ok to work slow and boring a lotof times
QA Engineer (Former Employee), Palo Alto, CAJanuary 8, 2014
fun workplace
Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2013
Great atmosphere to work in, but not much room for advancement
Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2013
Love working here, great people and good opportunities. Work hard, play hard atmosphere.
Groupon Outside Sales role undeveloped / highly misleading compensation/description
Account Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 8, 2013
Pros: hippie liberal environment
Cons: unprofessional, unethical sales and business practices, misleading compensation package, underdeveloped sales training program
The outside sales position for Groupon is a very entry level type role.

They recruited me with 6 years sales experience speaking about a 250+ book of business.
Great place to work, but little room for advancement
Quality Assurance Rep (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2013
Pros: laid back atmosphere, good people, access to youtube, netflix, etc.
Cons: vacation/days off policy is a little misleading
A typical day of work as a customer support representative at Groupon consisted of six and a half hours fielding phone calls from customers, while the rest of our day was spent answering emails or following up on pending issues.

I learned a lot about working from the point of view of "what's best for our customers" as that was always the approach we – more... took. My last manager was great and we saw eye-to-eye on everything. Groupon is a startup, albeit a pretty large one, but still a startup, so there was a lot of room for discussion about ideas for improvement and accessibility to follow through on those ideas.

My co-workers were great and were valuable resources whenever problematic issues came to the forefront.

The hardest part of the job was the constant change of job function and responsibility. When I was first hired, the job consisted of three hours of phones and 5 hours responding to emails. Over the course of two years, those numbers gradually went in opposite directions and the nature of the job was changing on an almost daily basis.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was unlike any customer service job I've seen. The culture was very laid back and customer-focused. There wasn't any pressure to upsell or anything like that. We just needed to help take care of as many customers as possible as efficiently as possible. – less
You get out what you put in
City Planning Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2013
Dynamic workplace - more to come as I'm currently only in a temp role
Plenty of opportunities to develop professionally
Inbound Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2013
- Great training
- Awesome opportunities to develop professionally.
- Upper management listens and helps solve problems

1 2 3 4 5

About Groupon

Careers at Groupon We’re making life less boring by crafting a new evolution of local commerce. We’re changing – Read more