Groupon

Groupon Employer Reviews

Senior Leader
Senior Vice President of Sales (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Lead sales and operations for the Central and Southeast regions. 10 Managers and 145 sales reps.

Manage goals and KPIs
Drive production
Create vision for sales organization
Fast Paced Environment
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great benefits, unlimited time off
Everyday is different. Groupon is constantly changing. From the site to the internal structure. To work here you must be willing to go with the flow.
Great Benefits, Unlimited time off
Not a bad first job
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: people, casual dress code and training is great.
Cons: pay is not great but it is an entry level job
Coming out of college not a bad first job but there a lot of better companies to work for. The work life balance isn't great but could be much worse.
best work ever
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), /san Juan , PRJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: opportunities of growing
Cons: sometime the management does not want to listen to your ideas.
WAs the best work I have ever worked !
WAs very rough but the people and culture were great. The company respect your personality.
Secretery/Clerk
Clerk Inventory (Former Employee), Edison, NJDecember 30, 2014
As a inventory clerk my day consist of calling clients to verify their orders are correct and match it with our inventory. I would receive inventory and count them to verify the product amount matches with what we had on our system and store the product once the inventory is performed.

As a secretary I did a lot of heavy filing and phone calls. I would call clients regarding their order to verify delivery date or pick up.
Do not work here
Account Representative (Former Employee), ChicagoDecember 30, 2014
Pros: terrible free coffee.
Cons: everything else.
Groupon does a great job at having a training program that feels like college all over again, they do this to hide the fact that once you get out of it there is little job security, no money to be made, and you are constantly micromanaged. You will get a few emails a day from your boss who sits right next to you to do better, then a couple G-chats asking if you can commit to doing better, then finally a meeting or two where you will be asked to do more.

The "senior" salespeople hate the job, but can't leave it because they are making easy money, the new salespeople have to grind 10 hours a day everyday to pick up the scraps of businesses no one else cared about because they won't make money.

As far as job security goes there is none, as it is cheaper to make the work environment terrible for new people so they quit, rather than actually investing in them and foster a comfortable work environment to encourage people to stay.

At Groupon there are two segments of people, people who got in before the bubble popped on making money (2 or more years) and the never ending rotation of people who quit prior to making it one year.

This job is horrible. Run.
No micro managing, fun environment
Deal Qualifier (Former Employee), chicagoDecember 29, 2014
Awesome Company to work for with great management! It's a very young environment and makes work feel less like work and more like a college campus. Open floor plan made it even better to interact with different teams and departments
Great place to start out of college
Account Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2014
Fun atmosphere. No real dress code. High activity driven sales. Don't miss your monthly sales quota. Great entry level job, but compensation could be better. Be open to changes, as they will happen every other day as the company is still young and trying to grow.
Great training and Knowledgeable stafff
Customer Servce (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 23, 2014
Customer service work isn't the most stimulating job in the world, but Groupon did a great job making us feel comfortable and motivated. The office culture was relaxed, the management was accessible, and the coffee was bottomless.
Very disorganized
Product Support Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 20, 2014
Pros: unlimited sick/vacation time
Cons: lack of leadership
I love the idea of Groupon, but the company as a whole lacks accountable leadership at just about every level. Don't come here hoping to be in a great company. Most of the leadership is very young and lacks leadership, people skills and experience.There are people that care and work hard but you are on your own most of the time with very little support. They often will not back fill positions for months on end so they can look better on paper for quarterly reports. This causes huge support gaps for our customers and creates frustration among employees and customers. They have paid me late several times and still owe thousands in back compensation. Just a bad experience over-all unfortunately.
Eh...
Account Manager/Member of Re-engagement Team (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere.
Cons: high stress level.
fun place to work and you could really meet some amazing people, but it's hard to sell a product that the majority just do not want in a constrained time frame.
Productive and Fast-Paced Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 8, 2014
Pros: make my own schedule
Cons: work a lot more than 40 hours a week and constantly being available
A typical day at work was having a few meetings throughout the day to discuss current projects, any rollout issues, bug fixes, new improvement requests, and making sure everyone is on task for the project to be completed on time and perfectly.
Vibrant company with young, hard working professionals
Area Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 19, 2014
A typical day at Groupon involves the entire sales process. You have the opportunity to generate leads, evaluate a prospect, discover pain points, create/propose a solution, and close all in the same day.

I have learned and honed my sales process skills while working at Groupon. The most important quality I have developed is my ability to be consultative in my sales approach.

Management allows autonomy provided that you deliver on your monthly goals.

Working at Groupon allows you to interact with incredibly intelligent and driven young minds. Having the opportunity to see strategies and ideas from so many different perspectives really helped me grow as a salesperson.

The hardest part of the job is finding the opportunity to grow based on the tools provided. The newly adopted business strategies have made it difficult for less-tenured representatives to find success.

The most enjoyable part is the culture at the office. The young professionals you get to work with on a daily basis make it easy to come to work every day.
A fun place to work
Picking and Packing (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 31, 2014
This place made you want to come to work. They played music and allowed you to enter a sweepstakes every so often. They would give away awesome prizes. I liked working with the staff and seeing new product on the floor.
Productive fun place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Its a great company to work for .But they do have some un realistic goals for their teams to meet .
Great company
Activations Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free snacks, great culture
Cons: pay, lack of advancement opportunities
Groupon is a great company with a very rich & fun culture. Some of the toughest parts about the job involve the lack of potential advancement and little pay.
Great company to work for.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 25, 2014
Somewhat of a disconnect from outside sells and inside sells reps.
If upper management didn't suck, this place would be great.
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: free drinks and coffee, chances for free lunches, the culture.
Cons: upper-management
On the phones, in front of a computer all day. Job amenities were great, colleagues and people are great, but some of the management is pretty horrible. Aside for a select few exemplary individuals who supervised the individual teams, upper managements could care less about their employees as long as they are making money. Have been discriminated and singled out, and also felt under-appreciated for work. The best part is the overall environment with the people you meet.
Comfortable Atmosphere
Marketing Business Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2014
I only worked here as an intern, which was very interesting because I got the chance to partially see how the marketing business operates.
Great work from home position
Senior Strategic Account Executive (Current Employee), Washington Township, NJJuly 14, 2014
I absolutely love the work from home aspect of this position.

1 2 3 4

About Groupon

Careers at Groupon We're making life less boring by crafting a new evolution of local commerce. We're changing the way merchants – Read more