Groupon Employee Reviews

Eh,
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 14, 2017
It was great at first. I guess I started at a good time when the commission structure was awsome, then it changed, and changed all within a 9 month span. It got to where I was making half of what i was when I started. Not to mention the ever changing progression structure. IDK. it's just hard selling a product that no one likes.
Pros
Great office.
Cons
Mismanagement
Average place to work
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHSeptember 6, 2017
Good people, less stressful, some management issues. Raises are not predictable and some people get to be promoted for a reason that is not clear to the rest of the staff. Pay is average
I worked from home
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2017
I felt cut off. It was hard to interact with other since I was at home and there was limited contact with my manager. I enjoyed not having a commute. I did not like how they laid off everyone without any notice.
Pros
I worked from home.
Cons
It was hard to contact the main office
A circus
Web Content Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 31, 2017
Groupon is a workplace where job tasks change constantly with the potential of being laid off. I learned more about the pace of corporate America along with the level of unorganised leadership in this particular company.
Pros
Unlimited PTO
Cons
Instability
Annual Mass Lay Offs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2017
Beware this company will lay you off out of the blue. No warning at all.Just BAM...no job.. Pay is decent if you dont have rent and bills. best thing there are the coworkers
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Annual Mass Layoffs
fun place to work but lacks in comp and advancement
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 28, 2017
fun place to work but lacks in comp and advancement
a lot of calls
cold calls
micro managed
unrealistic goals
the office will be closing soon
no advancement with closing office
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2017
Overall I enjoyed working for the company. However I was not happy at the fact they laid us off and knew months in advance they were going to do so. They should have informed us so that we could have made plans to look for new jobs. Instead they outsourced, had us training the agents and informed us in case of an overflow of business due to the upcoming hurricane.
Awesome company to work for
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2017
Can't say enough good things about Groupon. The working environment was so energizing that everyday was a new adventure. If you work hard, you get to play hard (occasional free lunch-ins, happy hours with your department, etc). For sales, sometimes the metrics that they measured would change on a weekly basis. But other then that, awesome experience and people.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
occasional unrealistic sales metrics
It's probably better now...
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 18, 2017
I was working at Groupon when they were going through significant growth and pressure. It was a mess: leadership was disorganized and they strategized poorly. This instability created an erratic work experience. I can only imagine the company (and market) has "right-sized", recognizing a more realistic competitive strategy and a humbler view of themselves. This sort of stability will, I'm sure, make the company a more attractive place to work.

Outside of that, it was a typical inside sales job. Definitely a lot of pressure to preform, but it wasn't exactly boiler room. If you're interested in a career in sales (but more likely are just coming out of college with few skill and are looking for a job), this is a fine place to start, and probably better than when I was there.
Assisted custumers with merchandise information and selections
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYAugust 14, 2017
nice place to work ; they never had the right tools to work with like no boxes to pack the merchandise are you stand on your feet 12 hours and sometime you work 7 days straight over work pro the people was nice to everyone and for your hard work you got nice gift,
Pros
over work
Cons
short breaks
Great Group of People
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 10, 2017
Join a gym, because you'll be at a desk 40 hours a week. My TL was great. He assisted with any issues I encountered. The training needs to be beefed up. I enjoyed the experience
Pros
Good Pay, No Manual Labor, Work At Home
Cons
Training was limited
Great company with a great environment
Sales Representative- Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 9, 2017
Groupon provided a fun and exciting atmosphere to work in while also creating an environment that rewards excellent performance and encourages and trains everyone to accomplish their goals.
Great company, poor job security!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2017
Groupon, does an exceptional job on work and life balance. However, the job security is quite hairy at times. They tend to eliminate positions on a whim. Finally, the higher level executives, have poor leadership and tend to not take suggestions from personnel very well. Overall, I would give them a good rating but need to work on some things.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Job security
Life at Groupon
Account Manager/ Merchant Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2017
Groupon was the best Job I ever had in my life. I work there as a temp . I wish it could've been more permanent. The environment was very fun and it made you excited to coming to work every day. The office was very colorful as well.
Pros
Unlimited PTO
Cons
N/a
They were ok
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 2, 2017
In general, the company doesn't seem to have a clear cut plan of action. Needs to figure out their direction. I love their products and would like to see them take that to a new level.
Looks Good on the outside
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2017
From the outside, one would think of Groupon as a very good company. However, once you start working there you'll realize how much management doesn't care about it's people. They feel that you can easily be replaced. You never truly feel comfortable there because they will find a way to get rid of you. It's only a matter of time. Keep your resume active because your gonna need it sooner than later. They will fire you. it's simply a matter of when.
Chicago office was great
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2017
Working in the Chicago office was a great experience and there were many perks in the office, such as ping pong, pool, xbox and free beverages. The downfall would be sitting on the phones all day.
Runs lean and mean
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJune 29, 2017
They want everything from their employees and give nothing in return. They will tell you that you are working a 40 hour week but will send you home in 30 or if it is busy they will say you are working a 8 hour shift and tell you during the business day that they changed it to an 12 hour and if you refuse to stay they will point you. Even though they did not post OT the day before
It is fine
Site Editor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2017
Great place to start your career but do not think of it as a long term solution. My best advice is to get experience and move on. You will make life long friends.
Good only for the stagnant worker
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
I'd only suggest working for this company if you're looking for a quick pay. The energy is good in the start but it spirals down slowly and makes you reconsider working. I enjoyed working here in the beginning but the constant changes were unremorseful. The tactics were unrealistic to relay to the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Groupon. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9