Growmark Employee Reviews

Great Job. Great pay.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tuscola, ILOctober 9, 2017
This job was great. You learn basics about tools and machinery that you would need for life. One problem is, is if the salesmen don't sale enough you could get laid off.
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, IASeptember 19, 2017
GROWMARK,Inc. is a good company with great people and great benefits with many opportunities for advancement. The training they offered helped me gain a lot of knowledge about computer programs and how to use them.
Pros
Great benefits and great people
Cons
Good for as long as you're with a good crew.
Materials Handler (Former Employee) –  Alpha, ILSeptember 4, 2017
Worked for a season. They are nice people for the most part. The warehouse is pretty dirty as for as environment goes. The ethic is: don't make mistakes and you'll do just fine. Also if you're a temp you're their whipping boy. You'll be their trash collector and housekeeper if the work runs out, mean while the shift leads are free to go gab for two hours before they do an ounce of work. They know who they are. Also office workers will say anything behind your back so take that in mind. They're as two-faced in the office as Harvey Dent. Keep your head down and do the picking and loading without messing up. You'll be fine, as long as you don't mind being paid like a High school dropout.
Pros
They are understandable about home situations.
Cons
If you're a temp, then your a next to nothing.
Great security and nice people
Risk Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  IowaAugust 27, 2017
This is a very secure place to work. Many of the facilities and technology needed updated. Nice people but there was never a clear path for career growth.
Pros
Security
Cons
Not much direction
Seed and Agronomy
Crop Scout Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 31, 2017
This company has a great culture. They will work with you and find resources for you to succeed. They are located in a lot of different places. Highly recommend,
Agronomy
Seed Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 31, 2017
Total Grain Marketing has a professional work environment
Grain Merchandising Intern (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILJuly 31, 2017
I participated in an internship jointly through Growmark, Inc and Total Grain Marketing. I was fully immersed in the Grain Merchandising department at TGM and learned many valuable skills relevant to grain merchandising and operations.
Pros
Excellant Hours and Compensation
Mostly good people
Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 25, 2017
There are some really good people that work at Growmark but the logistics department is not a place I would recommend working. The logistics manager only cares about numbers and not people he expects perfection in an imperfect world of transportation.
Pros
Good retirement benefits decent pay.
Cons
expected to work long hours with no compensation.
Enjoyed working with my fellow employees.
Blender (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 19, 2017
It was a fairly good place to work. I enjoyed the people I worked with and management was very professional. The company was very flexible with time off for vacations also.
Spend a lot of time at work
Crops Associate (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 11, 2017
Grow mark is a decent place to work if you want to work all the time. I have also found that their is very poor training and not a lot of guidance after being hired.
Pros
Offer a lot of overtime
Cons
Poor Training

Want to know more about Growmark?

Ask a question
Great place to work!
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Alpha, IL 61413June 15, 2017
Great place to work. The culture is very good and the job isn't very difficult at all. The employees there are all there to help you and its a very rewarding job.
Management are cold, arrogant and self-serving.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 22, 2017
Management bonuses are so outrageously out of proportion compared to the average worker, they tend to loose sight of humanity in persuit of these large bonuses. I think that workers should demand to know the bonus amounts of all management.
Management are also big on "ethics and morals" making the workers take several tests a year to let them be aware of what is expected of them, but I know of several examples where management did not follow these rules.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management, management, management!
Too much discrimination, and managers were not professional
Skid Steer Operator (Former Employee) –  East Berlin, PAFebruary 3, 2017
After being called a "NIG*ER" a myriad of different times, I figured it was time for a change...Why stay there if I was called that? Well I was blackmailed into the job, young broke kid told to keep his mouth shut in return for employment.

The pay is decent, and bonus was great. But money isn't everything.

Management was poor, beyond poor. You can't pick and choose when to follow the rules. Either you don't, or you do.
Pros
Bonus, Overtime hours
Cons
management, culture, no room for advancement
Do not work for Laurel de FS unless your family
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Laurel, DEJanuary 10, 2017
Was hired for full time position, got my 401k and 5 mounths later asked for my health insurance , manager told me I have to wait till the end of the cycle 11 mounths. Does any one in growmark watch the Laurel de branch?????
From being there for 5 mounts loading trucks I seen the corruption of the manager , like the free loads fertilizer going to there friends and familys that farm, the un safe work environment, and the family members that work there that does nothing and get paid,
Does anyone wonder why u don't see nothing on the internet about the Laurel DE branch ? Well after working there now I know. All the other stores are well advertised and run like they should be ,
DO NOT WAIST YOUR TIME AT LAUREL DE STORE The two Managers are a joke !
Catty women co-workers
Assistant Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, DEJanuary 2, 2017
There was a definite hen-party here and a lot of bullying going on. The woman who did the hr work was an absolute witch. Good pay, mean people. The CEO was incredibly nice but he was nearing his end - getting ready to retire and didn't want to be burdened by anything too consequential.
Not a good company
Freight Broker/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IL 61702November 28, 2016
This company used to be a wonderful place but it has become money driven and less client friendly. This is due to the management feuds and jealousy. A lot of money has been lost because of this and a lot of wonderful employees were let go for trumped up reasons and offices closed.
Pros
not very many
Cons
bad management, dirty dealings and passing the buck
operator
OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 10, 2016
great company to work for. Good atsmophere, and great imployees. Management is well rounded and a great open door policy.
Pros
access to chemical for containing weeds
Loved working here
Imaging coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 4, 2016
I had an amazing time working here. I was able to get experience in a business setting and the management were all very helpful while i was employed there.
Perfect place for highly driven Type A employees
Social Media Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 3, 2016
Agency led by two badass women in partnership. Team is strong, smart and motivated — you must be able to hit the ground running to survive here. Office is beyond gorgeous and clients are well known brands.
Pros
Beautiful office, inspiring leaders, big clients
Cons
Work/life balance isn't great, too rigid for dreamy creative types
Driver (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, WIDecember 27, 2015
Driver, great place to work,
Fantastic co-workers
The best management team
Family feeling company.
Everyone make me feel important.
Pros
One of the best places ive worked
Cons
Seasonal