Grubb & Ellis Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyed working for this company
Manager, Kimberly Marsh (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 7, 2015
I performed administrative services for approximately 13+ commercial real estate brokers. My co-workers are still life long friends of mine. Sadly, the industry took a down turn and they had to lay off long term employees, including me.
Content
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJuly 25, 2015
I worked for this company for a little amount of time so Ill try my best to give review. Office I worked in was small so there were only a handful employees. The amount of work to be done seemed manageable at during the time I worked there. People were nice and easily approachable for help. Overall review - modest.
Great, dynamic company to work
Commercial Real Estate Advisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2015
Provided landlord and tenant representation services to owners and users of retail, office, and flex space throughout North Carolina; evaluated site alternatives; and negotiated lease documents and sales contracts.
Pros
great atmosphere and support staff
Cons
commissioned based and high pressure to close deals
Traditional work environment
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2015
typical commercial RE office; sales personalities. You must be able to work last minute deadlines while being able to draw the line so you can have a life too.
Fun Workplace
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJFebruary 16, 2015
The management was excellent, My coworkers were great, The clients we worked for were awesome. Great company to work for!
Pros
overtime is always available
Cons
no room for advancement
Productive work place.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2015
A friendly and nice work place. Had all the latest equipment to work with. Co-workers were friendly and easy to work with. Scheduled breaks and respect from Management. Job was most enjoyable one I've had.
Pros
great pay.
IBM Enviromental Support Fuinctions Wounderfuil place towork.
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rockville MdNovember 21, 2014
wonderful place to work, family oriented and training fro personal is unquestionable.
Pros
the people
Cons
needing one to one communications with management
Busy office with positive people
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 23, 2014
I was only at this job for 9 months, but enjoyed it very much. I moved out of the area and wasn't able to stay. As the Office Administrator I was responsible to creating contracts and leases for new projects. I did a lot of accounting, such as paying the office expenses and payroll. This was new to me at the time and turned into a valuable skill.

The managing partners of the company were all great to work for. The rest of the employees were very positive and not difficult. I enjoyed learning the job and getting to know the real estate community a little better.

I did enjoy working here and learned skills I hadn't leaned before that I have been able to carry on to new positions.
Pros
co-workers, opportunity
Cons
pay
Work Is work
Shipping / Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 8, 2014
Overall it was a good company, I have a philosophy that as long as you take work for what it is work it will only be as good or bad as you make it.
Helpful staff
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond VAMarch 7, 2014
Every one willing to pitch in. communicating with your team to make it a successful day.
Pros
great staff
Cons
short breaks
Excellent Company
Vice President / Site Selection (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2014
Great staff with excellent real estate systems and assistance in place
Pros
office environment, team work, support
rewarding
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GADecember 30, 2013
lease apt units
property management
ok
ok
meeting new people and helping them find a home
Grubb & Ellis is a property management company. I worked for this company for 31 years.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 28, 2013
I managed two buildings 194,000 sq. ft. office area and a 154,000 sq. ft. building warehouse area. Manage the budgets for both buildings, approve and enter invoices for payment, manage capital and expense projects, and manage four employee's.
I learned to create budgets for two buildings, manage large capital and expense contracts, create the contracts for many subcontractors, set up energy programs, set up preventive maintenance programs for equipment, and prepare daily reports for work progress.
Weekly we would have a staff meeting to review five other sites in the US.
The hardest part of the job was to have to lower the operating budget each year.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers in the building and saving the client money with energy programs.
Pros
very good company to work for.
Cons
it was hard to lay employee's off the building will be closed at the end of 2014.
Great enviornment
Senior Accountant/Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 3, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company. However, after the purchase from Daymark the future outlook does not look strong.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no growth
Great place to work.
Industrial Real Estate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 28, 2013
Enjoyed working with the Management, very well run and a great place to work.
Easy work in fast paced environment.
Lease Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2013
I was able to do a bit of different things based on my education and experience and my supervisors with the company that actually handled the real estate and legal services portion of this job were excellent and very friendly. Grubb & Ellis supervised the building so we were contracted out to them and its management over legal staff was not well founded and completely insufficient. Communicated and negotiated with 1000s of people up and down Atlantic coast, which was very fun and enlightening. The hardest part was dealing with the local Grubb & Ellis local staff, which had very obvious favorites, which were not top producers. Co-workers were a mixed bag. They were either very good or very poor performers.
Pros
banking and legal staff great
Cons
grubb & ellis supervisor underqualified to deal with legal professionals.
Lease Commercial office space
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 27, 2012
Cold calls, show real estate space to prospect, negotiate lease, and close transaction.
Pros
learn about cre market and transactions
Cons
loved it no cons
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEDecember 10, 2012
Everyone is professional & courteous. I enjoyed being able to do my job without supervision
this was an excellent position with a great company
Assistant Property Manager at Ten Penn Center (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 5, 2012
excellent job, I loved going to work everyday, I truly worked with a team.
Very productive with a great crew of people
Employee Services (Former Employee) –  Cambridge MAAugust 20, 2012
The people were great to work with. We got along as friends and a team. We'd help each other if work load was high and extra projects were given to us that would take from our normal day-to-day activities. At the time I was there we had to set up conference rooms almost hourly which took up most of our time. This grew more so as time went on. This was mentioned in our job title but it was more and more common as time went on. This would take over daily duties. Time management was the hardest because of conflicts of conference room setups with daily duties and coverage of other's duties if they needed to step away.
Pros
very friendly environment. constant paced job duties. free lunch now and then.
Cons
extra projects that interfered from normal daily job, senseless monthly tests that don't apply to job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grubb & Ellis. Our community is ready to answer.