Grubb & Ellis Employee Reviews

Real Estate Brokerage Commission Only
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJune 17, 2017
I was a good learning experience and the time where I really learned the whole process from finding owners, getting listings, finding tenants & buyers
Pros
Everyday was a unique challange
Cons
Had to learn to cut off the work day
OK place
Greater Los Angeles Industrial Management Team (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 5, 2017
Grubb & Ellis is no longer in existence but it was an OK place to work when it was around. The leadership at my particular office in Los Angeles was just OK.
A place to get your foot in the door
Summer Relief (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2017
This is the place one should try if they want to start their carrer in the building services trade. They offer a freindly, and professional enviorement that will help one grow.
Too many "Chiefs, not enough indians"
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2016
What was needed to perform in this position was not clearly communicated from the start. I would recommend that a person with a little real estate background fill this position.

Hardest part of the job was nagging the brokers to answer questions and freely communicate their wants/needs. Communication was difficult with this group.

Most of the staff was pleasant and the supervisor provided efficient ways to complete a task - online postage for mailings.
Enjoyed working for this company
Manager, Kimberly Marsh (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 7, 2015
I performed administrative services for approximately 13+ commercial real estate brokers. My co-workers are still life long friends of mine. Sadly, the industry took a down turn and they had to lay off long term employees, including me.
Content
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJuly 25, 2015
I worked for this company for a little amount of time so Ill try my best to give review. Office I worked in was small so there were only a handful employees. The amount of work to be done seemed manageable at during the time I worked there. People were nice and easily approachable for help. Overall review - modest.
Great, dynamic company to work
Commercial Real Estate Advisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2015
Provided landlord and tenant representation services to owners and users of retail, office, and flex space throughout North Carolina; evaluated site alternatives; and negotiated lease documents and sales contracts.
Pros
great atmosphere and support staff
Cons
commissioned based and high pressure to close deals
Traditional work environment
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2015
typical commercial RE office; sales personalities. You must be able to work last minute deadlines while being able to draw the line so you can have a life too.
Fun Workplace
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJFebruary 16, 2015
The management was excellent, My coworkers were great, The clients we worked for were awesome. Great company to work for!
Pros
overtime is always available
Cons
No room for advancement
Productive work place.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2015
A friendly and nice work place. Had all the latest equipment to work with. Co-workers were friendly and easy to work with. Scheduled breaks and respect from Management. Job was most enjoyable one I've had.
Pros
Great pay.
Busy office with positive people
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 23, 2014
I was only at this job for 9 months, but enjoyed it very much. I moved out of the area and wasn't able to stay. As the Office Administrator I was responsible to creating contracts and leases for new projects. I did a lot of accounting, such as paying the office expenses and payroll. This was new to me at the time and turned into a valuable skill.

The managing partners of the company were all great to work for. The rest of the employees were very positive and not difficult. I enjoyed learning the job and getting to know the real estate community a little better.

I did enjoy working here and learned skills I hadn't leaned before that I have been able to carry on to new positions.
Pros
Co-workers, opportunity
Cons
pay
Work Is work
Shipping / Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 8, 2014
Overall it was a good company, I have a philosophy that as long as you take work for what it is work it will only be as good or bad as you make it.
Helpful staff
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond VAMarch 7, 2014
Every one willing to pitch in. communicating with your team to make it a successful day.
Pros
great staff
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent Company
Vice President / Site Selection (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2014
Great staff with excellent real estate systems and assistance in place
Pros
Office Environment, Team work, Support
rewarding
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GADecember 30, 2013
lease apt units
property management
ok
ok
meeting new people and helping them find a home
Grubb & Ellis is a property management company. I worked for this company for 31 years.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 28, 2013
I managed two buildings 194,000 sq. ft. office area and a 154,000 sq. ft. building warehouse area. Manage the budgets for both buildings, approve and enter invoices for payment, manage capital and expense projects, and manage four employee's.
I learned to create budgets for two buildings, manage large capital and expense contracts, create the contracts for many subcontractors, set up energy programs, set up preventive maintenance programs for equipment, and prepare daily reports for work progress.
Weekly we would have a staff meeting to review five other sites in the US.
The hardest part of the job was to have to lower the operating budget each year.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers in the building and saving the client money with energy programs.
Pros
Very good company to work for.
Cons
It was hard to lay employee's off the building will be closed at the end of 2014.
Great enviornment
Senior Accountant/Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 3, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company. However, after the purchase from Daymark the future outlook does not look strong.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No growth
Great place to work.
Industrial Real Estate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 28, 2013
Enjoyed working with the Management, very well run and a great place to work.
Easy work in fast paced environment.
Lease Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2013
I was able to do a bit of different things based on my education and experience and my supervisors with the company that actually handled the real estate and legal services portion of this job were excellent and very friendly. Grubb & Ellis supervised the building so we were contracted out to them and its management over legal staff was not well founded and completely insufficient. Communicated and negotiated with 1000s of people up and down Atlantic coast, which was very fun and enlightening. The hardest part was dealing with the local Grubb & Ellis local staff, which had very obvious favorites, which were not top producers. Co-workers were a mixed bag. They were either very good or very poor performers.
Pros
banking and legal staff great
Cons
grubb & ellis supervisor underqualified to deal with legal professionals.
Lease Commercial office space
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 27, 2012
Cold calls, show real estate space to prospect, negotiate lease, and close transaction.
Pros
learn about cre market and transactions
Cons
loved it no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grubb & Ellis. Our community is ready to answer.