GrubHub Employee Reviews

If you want to make money with little stress, look elsewhere!!!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJDecember 11, 2017
I have not received my first paycheck yet that was due 11 days ago.
They have been nothing but excuses after excuses!!!
How does this company still have drivers? I had 3 problems in 10 days of driving. None of my issues have been resolved. 2 of the issues involve my pay.
When I didn’t receive my paycheck by Monday after the Friday that I should have, I stopped driving until I did receive my check. I cancelled my shifts so I was penalized for scheduling purposes. I requested that the dropped shifts not count against me since I still hadn’t received my pay. They refused. I am working a 2nd job to make money for me...not Grubhub!
I have been trying to resolve this & requesting managers or that my issues be elevated. Nope!
Total disregard for the drivers who the business is based on! The drivers go to the restaurants. The drivers go to customers’ homes. The drivers are the face of the company that can make or break it. Everyone else in the company hides behind email or the Grubhub app.
Save yourself a lot of aggravation! They aren’t straightforward with you rom the start & it goes downhill from there!
Pros
Cons
They don’t pay you timely or accurately & no one to TALK to!
Great opportunity for College Students
Independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2017
Working at Grubhub was an opportunity for part time workers. The hours were lenient especially for someone who was going to school full time. The cons about working as a independent contractor for this company was that there were no benefits, and no reimbursements for mileage, maintenance, or gas for my work vehicle.
Pros
Work Hours
Cons
No benefits
Awesome
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 11, 2017
this place was awesome to work mostly because of the free unlimited snacks, game rooms, holiday parties, culture, advancement, networking. This was the first job out of college and it was a great one.
fun
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 9, 2017
this is a fun job. you get to meet all the restaurants and owners. very flexible. But the problem is there is no benefits. They do not pay for our gas and they take our tips.
Pros
independent
Cons
company takes all our tips no benefits
relaxing job
Delievery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2017
relaxing job you can accept or decline offers. and see how much a client tips right on the app. driver care kin of sucks they really are no help.......
Grubhub
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 5, 2017
A typical day at grubhub is to deliver the food to the customer in very professional manner and avoid the food to be contaminated from the food born illness by keeping the food to health and safety standards. I learn in that Job to handle any stressful situation which is dealing with customer complains. The most enjoyable part of the job was I can work whenever I want to.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
very little benefits
Stay far away
didn't work for this company (Former Employee) –  Watch videosDecember 4, 2017
This company sucks. They will hire a person then fire them as fast as they hire them
I know a person who worked for them and after they worked a few hrs, they were let go because they heard that someone got a ticket 3 years earlier.
Pros
we can find food
Cons
they are racist.
Fun company to work with.
Restaurant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 3, 2017
GrubHub was a great place to work. Flexible schedules and overall good environment. As you clocked in from your computer, you immediately start receiving calls on customer concerns and issues.
terrible company
Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 28, 2017
Company is terrible to work for, they merged with my former company then cut benefits, and stock options. To be frank they stated that their 401k plan was better, that would compensate not having 100% medical dental and vision. Grubhub takes advantage of their employees
Overall Decent Place To Work
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2017
Pay isn't great but good benefits. Decent culture. Not great when it comes to advancement opportunities, but it's a nice stepping stone of a company to work for.
Worst pay than any other delivery service
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 20, 2017
They guarantee 11/ hr But if u decline or miss a delivery the 11/ hr no longer stands. IF u make more in an hour you will only get paid 11/hr. Every delivery is at least 20+ mins away.
Pros
Not many deliveries
Cons
Low Pay, long distance driving
Work life at Grubhub
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2017
Grubhub has a love hate relationship with me! I love the work environment and the events offered just not the customers. I know this comes along with customer service. Grubhub is a fun interactive place, fast growing with plenty of opportunity!
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2017
analyze and develop business opportunities and grow network of clients on our advertising platforms. consult and educate clients on increasing revenue.
Grubhub
Self Employed Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89118November 13, 2017
Work your own hours but have to fight to get shifts. Can't drop many shifts or they will downgrade you to a Partner Driver. You will only find few blocks on partner level.
Pros
Own Time
Cons
Scheduling Sucks
Good Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 6, 2017
Fun and relaxing job Would recomend working there for anyone. Good experience learning the food delivery business.Managemnetis very mindful of their employees.
Pros
lunch
Cons
work
Always changing things
Driver Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 24, 2017
Good place to work except for minor things. Had to many managers to report to who weren't on the same page. Employees treated job like a frat house which was due to to many family and friends employed there.
Pros
Benefits great
Cons
Rarely got lunch breaks
Great side hustle but not as a full time job
Mobile Driver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 21, 2017
This job is great for only making extra cash. The downside is that you will get parking tickets from time to time whether you have a commercial plate or not. Even if you think you are that good, metermaids will get you one of them days. That is to be expected as a food delivery driver. You will end up waiting longer than expected at the restaurants, while other times the food are ready asap. Another thing to consider is that during the summer time it tend to be slow. Expect heavy down times, especially for certain holidays. If you don't like driving or dealing with long traffics then this job might not be for you.

Company expects you to accept all orders. Some orders might not make sense for the long distance. It's just not worth the gas and mileage, as well as wear and tear of your car. Please keep in mind that sometimes if you reject an order, you might get sent the same one again to your phone. Rejecting too many orders will also affect your acceptance rate. You need to maintain a good performance to earn yourself the spot to have access to making your schedule early for the next week. The good times tend to be taken and you might not get the hours you wish to work.

The orders are managed by either the dispatchers in your city, or the people from Chicago (Their main HQ). Sometimes their system automatically sends you the orders, orders from restaurants that are close by to where you are. If there is a time it gets really busy, be prepared to receive multiple orders sent to you. You might feel overwhelmed but don't stress out too much. Just try your best to drop off
  more... one order at a time. GH staff won't care how you do it, as long as it gets delivered. You might get a lot of calls asking for the ETA.

The perk of this job is that you get to step into many nice restaurants in the city. See different kinds of people every different work day. Perhaps, even socialize with people and make new connections. You can't expect to make a good decent living with this job unless you work overtime like 70 hours or close per week. The office is open 365 days including all holidays.
Pros
Make your own schedule, be your own boss, freedom, better mobility
Cons
No PTO, Down times, Long wait times at some restaurants, Parking Tickets, No Waiver for tickets, Biased dispatchers, Glitchy work app, Dealing with Traffic
Meh
Quality Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2017
Terrible job if you can't work in an office where everyone is watching Netflix or drinking beers all the time. Seemed more like a college party than a legitimate business.
Unorganized Upper Management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2017
Upper management is very disorganized - which allows more stress and work to trickle down to managers and associates. It is understandable that business needs change but it is not communicated well and there are always last minute fire-drills.

Also the growth trajectory is non-existent. Roles are not defined and promotions are only granted based on budget available and whether you are "perceived" to be a good worker - not actually based on your true output.
Great scheduling for a delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2017
Easy to set flexible schedule. Customer Care is responsive and very helpful. The position is great for a temporary job but does cost a lot in gas and wear and tear on vehicle.