Grundfos Pumps Employee Reviews

My 33 year career at Grundfos Pumps in Fresno, CA
Delivery Support Coordinator (Plant Expediter) (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 28, 2017
Ater working faithfully for over 33 years at Grundfos Pumps in Fresno, CA - I got laid off due to very low company sales. I thought I was secure in my job - I had very little to do with sales. I understand that it was a Corporate decision where indirect labor needed to be reduced in order to make the company budget. This was very painful!
But over the 33 years this was a fantastic company to work for. I would highly recommend anyone to try to get on at Grundfos.
Pros
Wages, promotions from within, paid educations, good health benefits, great people to work with.
Cons
Management is out or itself.
good place to work
Lead Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CANovember 14, 2017
The company over expanded and had to lay off over 1/2 of their employees. They need to use the vision for what the future holds and cut by half making sure this never happens again.
Pros
Great employee and culture
Cons
Lack of forethought protecting investments
Enjoyed it
Regional Sales Manager - Process Pumps (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 8, 2017
Grundfos was a great company to work for that has become a good company to work for. Great benefits, changing, difficult culture, tough work life balance.
Fast pace
IP's coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 5, 2017
A typical day at work is fast pace, company employees are friendly and willing to help you in every day tasks that you need help with. The most enjoyable part about the job is the holidays and its monday through friday job.
Pros
Monday through Friday job
Cons
Fast paced productive work with great amenteties.
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 8, 2017
On a daily basis, I answered phone calls and emails from customers who were seeking technical advice and pricing on our products and systems. I learned crucial skills on how to effectively work with external clients and many aspects of the pump and hydro-mechanic world. Management was good, but had too many rolls to be able to effectively manage their teams. Overall, the workplace culture was fun and seemed like a family away from home. The hardest part of the job was understanding the advanced computer and mechanical functions of our chemical metering pumps, but once learned, I became the go-to-guy for these units at our office. I enjoyed the collaboration with other coworkers and being able to travel around the US and teach others about our products.
Pros
Excellent benefits, hardworking coworkers
Cons
Not much opportunity to grow within the company
World class company with great values
Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 22, 2017
Grundfos has a lot of room to grow in the Americas. The company values and benefits are good. Pumps are not a glamorous product but you will become proud of their value to the world and proud that Grundfos makes a premium and highly efficient product. The Indianapolis plant is an acquired company and is still in bad shape after 10 years of ownership. I doubt that they will be able to turn the business around.
Pros
Work-life balance, benefits (Standard 4wks vac and 8 week mat/pat leave)
Cons
Culture, morale, talent level, local opportunity, local management, dilapidated facilities
Sr. Partner Services Analyst (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 16, 2017
My favorite part of my last job included the ability to work independently and the people I worked with. It’s great to work with people that care about their company and doing a good job.
It was ok
Shipping and Receiving Material Handler/Painter (Former Employee) –  Selma, ALMay 10, 2017
Good benefits are the best part about them to much back stabbing going on with the management. They say they will help you do stuff but never do they like to oust the jobs of 5 ppl on one person
Productive, fun work place with great people.
Sr. Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 3, 2017
I come to work and review what projects needs to get out toady with my boss. I really learn a lot each day because we do a lot of custom layouts and designs. The management is very helpful in the direction jobs need to handled and in satisfying each customer. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people we enjoy what we do here and try to have fun doing it.
Pros
Great healthcare and 401k benefits
Cons
no cons
Great Benefits
Senior District Sales Manager (Sr. DSM) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 17, 2017
Grundfos Pumps Corp. has a great employee benefit package. Work/Life balance is the toughest part of working at this company. Good products and well known in the pump marketplace.
Benefits
Cons
Good work-life balance, and benefits. Culture is being redefined.
Senior Technical Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 9, 2017
The company provides very good medical coverage (almost free).
The culture has changed over the last years dramatically from what it was in the past.
The company does offer many opportunities to change roles.
Pros
Nearly free health coverage, Annual bonus to retirement package.
Cons
Better communication from management.
Poor communition
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 3, 2017
Very good products, but management does not communicate well nd strategies change mid year without explanations. Danish company that tries to use European sales practices in the United States.
Best job I ever had
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 14, 2017
Great Team to work with in the Northeast Region, as well as the United States and Europe (Denmark especially). There was room for advancement, new products to market, and an open dialogue between management and sales force on how to go to market.
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Learned how to pull orders and ship out fed express and ups. Liked the hours of shift loved the other employees that I worked with. Respectful and reliable worker.
Pros
Quick lunches
Cons
free donuts
Electrician Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 10, 2016
This is a pretty good place to work, very busy, fast paced, good pay, decent benefits, and good people to work. This company have a lot of work and long hours, worth it.
You have to love the heat and be caucasian for you to survive here in peace..
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Brookshire, TXOctober 13, 2016
Brookshire Texas location stay away. Horrible working conditions. No a.c. no tools no advancement. Favoritism over employees. Corrupted managers. Just horrible. And if you're not Caucasian. Get ready to be discriminated against and to do all the dirty jobs.
Benefits
Cons
Everything except the benefits
Large worldwide manufacturer of pumps, professional setting
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 24, 2016
Grundfos was a good and stable place to work. The workload was substantial and work/life balance was difficult in this position. The majority of the co-workers were positive and professional.
Pros
mostly nice co-workers, good pay and insurance
Cons
workload heavy due to downsizing.
Grundfos places family first.
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 12, 2016
Grundfos puts family first. The compensation package is great. I enjoy the people. I have learned much about supervision. The hardest part of my job was learning SAP and becoming a SAP Super-User for the U.S.
Grundfos Sucks!!!!
WarehouseTechnician/ 1:30PM-10PM Mon-Fri (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 8, 2016
Grundfos Pumps Sucks!!!! The company is going downward, people are qutting for better paying job, and because the company sucks!!!!
I wish I would have never applied for this job. It has set me back.
Grundfos is the worst job I've ever had. Grundfos Pumps SUCKS!!!!
Cons
productive period and mangment stablity
Sales manger (Former Employee) –  middle eastJune 14, 2016
great company with great values and good culture and response and support for the sales people
enjoyable
great team with good support and after sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grundfos Pumps. Our community is ready to answer.