Grundfos

Grundfos Employee Reviews

Do more with less
Parts and Pricing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 24, 2015
Grundfos is a global pump manufacturer with Danish origins that is very focused on breaking into the US waste water market.

The European corporate side of the company appears to be a generous, respectful and people oriented... however, there is so much pressure to succeed in the US market that respect for people at the US manufacturing and distributions facilities has been completely forgotten in the past 3-4 years and has resulted in unsatisfied employees and a revolving door of experienced sales, senior management and executives.

In 5 years, the Grundfos Chicago facility has seen 4 Presidents of Sales, fired nearly their entire external sales force, chased a dozen or more senior level managers out of the company and cancelled/reorganized dozens of contracted distributors in order to satisfy the changing demands of Senior/Executive Management.

Several departments within the facility are working short staffed because they cannot get the approval for additional people resulting in over working the existing staff.

To top off the stress levels, the US facilities have been forced to reorganize the departments and learn new software several times.
Pros
HEALTHCARE
Cons
RESPECT FOR PEOPLE, ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF A JOB WELL DONE
was a good place to work for learning on the job
machinest II (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 6, 2014
come in and see where previous shift left off and go from there. i learned set up and dial in of cnc machine centers. how to adjust programs to dial in split cases on set up. how to do bi-annual, annual, and semi-annual p.m.s on machine centers. how to p.m tooling in tool chains. the management was very good to work with. took care of their guys.most co-workers were great, into doing the job right. we occasionally got some bad apples but they were weeded out fairly quick. the hardest part of the job was coming in on off hours to fix machines or programs for the off shift. most enjoyable was if we worked 40 hrs in a week we had every fri, sat, and sun. off. we worked 4-10's
Pros
learned alot on the job there
Cons
after new macines and fixtures were proven out, they shipped them to mexico
Dedicated and talented co-workers, but lack of managerial support
Sales Order Specialist-CSU Group (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 13, 2014
Each day would be a reactive, instead of preventive, endeavor to resolve customer complaints. A business with the greatest potential for customer satisfaction, and high quality products. However, lacking the need for strong management to provide direction. Customer satisfaction is defined as the number one goal in words, but lacking in execution. Co-workers are driven to do whatever is needed to resolve issues, but they are not provided the tools to make long term changes that would prevent many recurring customer issues. The hardest part of this job is the frustration with the day to day "fire prevention," which prevents much needed root cause analysis of issues, and long term business/manufacturing process changes. No managerial support to accommodate making the necessary changes. However, the most enjoyable part is resolution for customer issues, and working with the SAP computer system.
Pros
focus on customer issue resolution as a team effort
Cons
lack of managerial support
Great products, great benefits, shortsighted management and closed culture
Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 1, 2015
Grundfos is overall a good place to work. The Danish culture extends somewhat to the USA, ensuring a good work-life balance with excellent benefits. The products (primarily centrifugal water pumps and some systems) are known as the premium option, often being the highest quality and most reliable.

The people are generally very friendly, and the facilities are good. There is a free gym on-site. Most people work 8-5, and working long hours is actually frowned upon.

The local management is good, and there have been some fantastic people there, though many are now gone. The overseas management is where the challenges appear. There is not as much mutual respect and understanding as is portrayed, and the decisions made often reflect this lack of depth.
Pros
top tier benefits, great work-life balance
Cons
overseas culture dominates and hinders development
Very productive, and goal oriented.
Light assembly mechanic, painter, zone 5 leader (Former Employee) –  Brookshire, TXDecember 31, 2013
A typical day of work was coming in with the mindset of exceeding our customers expectations. I've learned that how we work effects the quality of product we provide to our customers. Management and co-workers working together to exceed the expectations of the customer is so key in having a not only a satisfied customer, but also a returning customer. I have a high level of respect for management and co-workers! The hardest part of the job was slowing down. I love to get the job done with efficiency and good quality. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide for my family, and seeing the company grow!
Fair
Painter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 1, 2014
I became employed here in June 2014, soon after my grandmother passed away, they gave me 2 weeks off for bereavement, upon my return i started having more issues with my wrist and elbow for a preexisting problem, carpel and cubital tunnel. Was terminated for my attendance after telling them about the issue and taking a day off to go the doctor for the pain i was in.
Pros
supportive staff
Cons
short breaks
great company to work for
custodian (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 18, 2013
a typical day is very fast pace. I have learned a lot from this company from what i knew when i first started. co workers are great i loved working with them management is very helpful when you need something
Great Company to work for
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAOctober 12, 2015
When I first started at this company my training process was quick and informative. The management and co-workers were very inviting and helpful.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, Progression opportunities, benefits
Family like work place
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 6, 2015
Grundfos was a great place to work for, but changes made the work environment too stressful and there was no room to work your way up.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Mngmt. changes often. No promotions
Solid organization with many varied strengths
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisMarch 2, 2012
Products offered to the markets addressed are of the highest quality, as well as the internal personnel structure supporting customer needs.
productive and fun work
drafting (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 31, 2014
edit pump, measure pump, draw new pump and edit the existing part
Pros
lunch any time
Cons
break any time
Previously Peerless Pump
Professional (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2014
Great management, employees, industry and company. Great opportunities and growth potential.