Grupo Santander

Grupo Santander Employer Reviews

Great benefits
Analyst (Current Employee), Reading, PASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: 4 weeks vacation
Cons: growth/promotions
Santander is a good company to work for. I havent had any issues. the benefits are very good. The job can be very intense and its production driven. The employees are a great group of people to work with and we all work hard everyday.
Medical management
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Reviewing of compensible medical Workers compensation claims to get employees back to work in a timely manner after medical treatment has been exhausted. The hardest part of my job is having to release the worker back to work per medical guidelines via documentation rendered by the physician and the most enjoyable part of my job is feeling that I have – more... resolved all issues for the injured worker and my employer. – less
Good company
Loan Officer (Former Employee), paAugust 20, 2014
The company is in flux in America. A lot of good people with no authority to make the smart decisions. Good to run lean and mean, but not cheap.
Branch Manager at Santander
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Melville, NYJuly 19, 2014
Pros: decent compensation, incentives
Cons: work/family balance non-existent in retail sector
Sanatander is working to gain the respect and trust of American
consumers, its spoken about daily. Innovative Ideas and an Innovative team works towards this goal daily. Santander will get there, but there's a lot of work ahead.
Great job culture
Lead reclaims automation (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJuly 2, 2014
Coworkers and management have a connection and the same view of success and improvements to the Santander Group.
Customer centric and employee oriented Bank.
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2014
Pros: flexible work environment and young leadership team.
Cons: low brand recognition in the market.
Great environment for self motivated and driven individuals. Well compensated for on target performance.
Don't work here
Management (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2014
Pros: when people quit or are let go they package the increased work for everyone else as a "promotion"
Cons: management is disorganized, short-sighted and does not hold itself accountable for poor planning
The bank is undergoing central bank audits that are not going well. As a result, they will have to increase capital. There has been a hiring freeze in credit for a year - meaning they don't actually plan to grow the total book. However, the mandate to all groups going in to 2013 was to grow aggressively, and the lenders' loan goals were doubled. The – more... units with which I was associated exceeded their goals, and all the new loans were performing, with existing portfolio delinquencies being reduced dramatically. However, with the coming increase in capital requirements, all that loan growth is now a negative. Think about that- you are given goals, you exceed them, and then suddenly success becomes failure as far as the bank is concerned. This is being blamed on anyone associated with the loan growth, rather than on the people who calculated the reserves or directed the staff in the field to grow the book. Instead of saying "oops, we goofed by not reserving enough against still-NPL residential mortgages in Europe, and now we have to backtrack in the US," it's "why did you grow the book so fast in the US?" when the answer is "because that was what you directed."

The future reduction in lending will be spun as "being more conservative," but US past-dues were next to zero at year-end - it's a simple matter of not having the capital to lend, much in the way Spinal Tap's band manager explained "our appeal is becoming more selective."

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

The bank is also highly disorganized, and very penny-wise / pound-foolish. For example, the loan documents are laser-pro and completed by very junior admin staff in Pennsylvania. This results in lower budgeted costs but ends up costing more money in workarounds, serial doc exceptions, errors in UCC filings and in lenders and team leaders having to QC the docs multiple times.

One positive is the environmental review department. Though understaffed they are very thorough and deliver reviews in a reasonable amount of time. – less
Expanding company where you can work your way up.
FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Saugus, MAMay 13, 2014
Called 10-30 clients daily.
Recommended different banking products to help them achieve goals. This included loans, retirement planning, business credit, etc.
Management structure is very hands on.
Good team atmosphere
The hardest part was having to against underwriters and regulations.
Overcoming objectives and developing personal relationships with – more... clients. – less
Nice place to start a carrer
Collections agent (Former Employee), Reading, PAMay 12, 2014
Pros: nice office
Cons: management
A typical collections office just got to be ready to work
learn a lot
co workers very friendly
hardest part dealing with customers and how management wanted you to conduct the calls
Fun workplace
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Hato Rey, PRMay 8, 2014
Pros: amazing team
Cons: short breaks and long working hours
I never worked for an organization where this is so much Team work . The co workers are amazing and the Management is wonderful
not a gret company
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), NJApril 30, 2014
company cares nothing about the employees

day at work was stressfull
productive, positive atmosphere
Retail Support, Customer Representative (Current Employee), Reading, PAApril 9, 2014
Pros: free coffee, 2 breaks and 1 lunch, supervisor support
Cons: no healthcare, having to pay for parking
Overall this is a good job. The initial training we went through could have been more hands on, and sometimes the supervisors could be a little more helpful. I do like the people I work with, and when we need immediate support while on a call. The hardest part of the job is being able to quickly look up information for a Branch employee when they call – more... and need help. I had no prior banking experience, so that is also a difficult part of the job. – less
Backend Collector (Former Employee), Dallas TXApril 4, 2014
collections
learned about new guildlines
management was awesome
co-workers were team players
over time was the most enjoyable part of my job
A place to learn and growth
Manager (Former Employee), San Juan, PRApril 1, 2014
Pros: great professional opportunities
Cons: long work hours if you want to growth
Santander is always one step ahead of their peers. Very conservative bank. Offer a great opportunity to growth as professional.
Good environment, everything was done in spanish
Intern in Private Banking (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 31, 2014
I would assist private bankers in getting reports and presentations ready for their clients. i would also manage their trips and their expenses.
Good
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 12, 2014
New Company, not sure if it will be good to work for but it is another large financial institution that is globalized so you will feel like a number instead of a person
Stressfull place, bad competitive people
Internal Collector (Former Employee), Puerto RicoMarch 9, 2014
Too much stress, not a fun workplace at all. There was very nice people, but not people didn't know what teamwork was.
I learned how to persuade people to have commitment with a payment plan
Sr. Business Analyst
Sr. Banking Systems Analyst (4Sight Technologies) (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2014
NA - Culturally this place has a lot of work to do. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Productive, professional and great place to work for, amazing people
Documentation Analyst (Current Employee), Miami, FloridaJanuary 30, 2014
My current work environment is an European based cultured, meaning laid back, professional, amiable, and there is always room for improvement. My department is very much team oriented, where everyone has an opportunity to shine and excel. I enjoy my place of employment, there are great colleagues and friends.
An iternational institution with well known presence
Trust Operations Manager and Senior Auditor (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: provided opportunity to grow
Was a great place to learn about investments, derivatives and other markets. Management was accessible.

1 2 3 4 5