Grupo Santander Employee Reviews in United States

Decent Pay
Operations Lead Specialist (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 18, 2016
Decent Pay, expensive benefits. Stress free depending on what department your in. hr lunches and opportunity for growth.
Producttive
Compliance Analyst IV (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 29, 2016
I am currently with Santander and very happy here. I am ready to see what other challenges and opportunities are out there.
Personal Banker Representative (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJFebruary 21, 2016
Customer service, opened new accounts, took credit card applications and closed on loans. I also called customer's to schedule appointments.
Fast paced work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 2, 2016
Inbound calls assisting customers with loan inquiries, payments, complaints, insurance claims, supervised on one team, bonus based pay in accordance to rankings, absolutely no room for growth, call center environment
Flexible schedule
Credit Risk Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJanuary 7, 2016
Flexible position that promotes a job work/life balance. Easy commute. Some very nice, helpful co-workers.Training program needs significant enhancements.
Customers make the job challenging in a positive way
Branch Manager III / Bank Officer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2016
Morning starts with a Jump Start that sets the tone for a day. Daily activities include but not limited to coaching/development of Staff, Business Development, Conference Calls, deliverables, customer facing activities, compliance, etc.
I love what I do and that makes my job enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job is always rewarding due to its challenge.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
every Company has its own pros and cons - it is all in the perception
Unorganized and very expensive software production
Sr. Systems Eng (Former Employee) –  MexicoJanuary 6, 2016
Organization is just apparent, or superficial.
Planning is not followed.
It is very expensive to produce / maintain software.
production is working in an inertial way from some years ago.
Great Pay/Horrible Company
Collections Rep (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXNovember 27, 2015
Wouldn't refer my worst enemy to that company. Great hourly pay but everything else is absolutely horrible. The management staff treats you like you are children, you have to ask to go to the bathroom. You earn 1 hour of pto a week and .37 for sick. If you leave on an ambulance they will code it as unexcused. They really do not care about there employees.
Formal work place
Director (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 6, 2015
Formal work place with many opportunities to grow. Promotes geographic mobility. Strong management. Co-workers are collaborative. We job many hours a day but we learn a lot.
Not a long term career.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 4, 2015
It is a heavily sales driven environment. It is not a place I would consider for a long term opportunity. Not a very friendly management structure.
Growing company
Branch Manager, IV (Former Employee) –  Merrimack Valley, MASeptember 22, 2015
Great potential in acquisition and customer service priority.
Company needs to focus more on internal talent to be able to overcome challenges in the sales and customer service areas with customers.
Company has competitive products offered to the public that are both easy to use and sales drivers by providing benefits to both customers and company.
love to learn and work well with others
ccc rep (Current Employee) –  east providence riAugust 17, 2015
i love to be able to communicate customers and be able to help them with there problems. i also love to learn new things especially with my job. if i learn something new that will help me succeed at my job ad will help me do a better job then i will learn .
Good bank to work for
VP and Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 10, 2015
'Can do' mentality across the ranks. Benefits and great coworkers. Ability to voice opinions to senior management and not just to direct manager.
Pros
Supportive of work/life needs
Cons
Sales, sales, sales
Official Pymes
PYMES Officer (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJuly 3, 2015
Sales and customer service commercial portfolio
Comercial credit product
*Checking account
*Saving account
*Ira
*Point of Sales
*Overdrafts and delinquency
Pros
Free phone service, Supervisor
Cons
economic recession
Great work ethics
Part-time Teller (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJune 22, 2015
Team effort in full effect
Manager made sure staff was on task
Freedom to express and work related issues
Very Structured Organization
Productive workplace
Part Time Late Stage Collector (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJune 15, 2015
I enjoy working for the company...however I need a full time position with good benefits. The company is great and has room for advancement, but I've been there since January and haven't gotten a full time position as of yet
Enjoyable work enviroment because of co-workers
Teller (Current Employee) –  Kutztown, PAMay 31, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. We are like a small family and help each other where needed. The hardest part of the job is being short handed and over worked, by the end of the day we are tired mentally and physically. I learned to work in a fast paced environment, be detail oriented, able to multitask and solve problems in a fast manor.
Pros
co-workers, free accounts, discount rates
Cons
Not enough employees, over worked, not appreciated
It was a very nice atmosphere, an Institution with lots of great benefits.
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 15, 2015
Ensure branch operations are successfully conducted in accordance with established policies, procedures. Seeking and encouraging continuous improvement opportunities with all sales and operations processes which includes the ordering of cash, balancing of all transactions throughout the day, out-of-balance problems, authorizing over/short adjustments and notifying the appropriate departments. Scheduling and conducting “surprise audits” as necessary to verify the accuracy of the vault cash, teller balances, etc. Producing required reports and records to ensure that branch operations are properly documented. Promoting bank's programs and encouraging new clients by actively participating in internal and external business development activities. Identifying the needs of current or potential customers to determine the best approach to present the bank’s products and services in order to maintain and/or generate new relationships.
Pros
Meeting new people day after day, you never know who you will run into.
Cons
Keeping a good and positive posture when dealing with difficult clients.
Excellent
AVP, Manager of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2015
Fast paced environment with exposure to a global workforce. As is typical in financial services, long hours were the rule, but the work was challenging.
Santander is an up and coming company.
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIApril 14, 2015
Santander is a diversified company and is growing in the area.
When coming to work there is an atmosphere of family and business.
The managers at Santander help employees better their skills such as communications, customer relations and other skills to improve their job performance and to be able to move forward in the bank, with monthly and yearly reviews.
Santander does provide a gym in the building which helps for overall physical and mental alertness.