Grupo Santander
1,203 reviews

Grupo Santander United States Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work but..
Sales Costumer Services (Former Employee), Puerto RicoApril 7, 2015
We do not have the best resources for work. I like customer services and know all the products but is not worthy. I need new goals and encourage my productivity as well.
OK company
Collections Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2015
work life balance isnt there not that many job adavncment with the compant but i heard that alot things have changed since i worked for them i heard the company is better and actually a great place to work at
Prospect Checker
GE Account Manager (Former Employee), dfw airportMarch 20, 2015
Pros: working with diffrent cultures
A typical day at work is checking tickets baggage and making sure that everyone is safe. Making people smile and learning new things.
fun place
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2015
Good company to work for while you are attending school. Fast pace and the time goes by fast if busy. Was exhausting to stand all day.
Great work experience and learning place.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Hato Rey, San Juan, Puerto RicoMarch 2, 2015
Pros: Insurance Plan
Cons: Salary
The company Banco Santander of PR (Santander Bank) his a great enviroment work, you can learn many about finance, mortgage, insurance, credit card, loans all at the same company. In this place if your willing to escalate a higher position the Deparment of Human Resources is great to help you to do so. The company has an internal web page (for employee etc) where they post all jobs available if you want to change position or department. The management are proactive and must of my supervisor attend any need inside and even outside the work enviroment I can not complain about that. The insurace plan was good but the one we had before was better. Overall is a good company but my only complain was the salary.
Very Productive and time talking
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Carolina, PRJanuary 19, 2015
The teller receives and pays out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution's various transactions. The teller meets the needs of customers by providing quality service.
I was a temporary employee for 2 1/2 years
Help Desk Analyst/Operation Specialist (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2015
company was ok. i was stressful in the beginning.
no more comments.
Great work place with new renovations
Customer Service/ Collections (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJanuary 3, 2015
Great company and place to wok for good advancement opportunities and help with moving to new departments. Will learn how to be more respectful and empathic to others feelings when speaking with customers and interacting with them to get to know them better. Collections wasn't my strongest asset when starting here, but I have grown to learn the pros and cons of how to negotiate with people and get to know their circumstances to see how we can work with them on keeping their account in good standing.
Interesting view of the banking world from inside.
Personal Banker (Current Employee), BranchSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: save a couple of quid on a 123 account
Cons: sounds great till your in there.
Sales, Sales, Sales, Banking, Insurance and Credit cards. Thats what its about.
You wont learn anything here, other than what it means to be managed by people who have no idea what management actually involves. They may eventually train you to do a job eventually also.
My induction involved computer training and being made to role play product sales whilst being recorded on a dictation machine so they had evidence that I would sell compliantly. Then once in the workplace that went out of the window.
The company has improved very much over the past few years It was truly shocking back in 2009/10 but it is slow and lags behind other banks in terms of how it implements new projects. But it thinks it ahead of the game.
The best thing about it is meeting new customers, being observed near constantly by managers and remote monitoring is the worst bit. If your really unlucky an Area manager might appear on a quick visit.
Great benefits
Analyst (Current Employee), Reading, PASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: 4 weeks vacation
Cons: growth/promotions
Santander is a good company to work for. I havent had any issues. the benefits are very good. The job can be very intense and its production driven. The employees are a great group of people to work with and we all work hard everyday.
Medical management
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Reviewing of compensible medical Workers compensation claims to get employees back to work in a timely manner after medical treatment has been exhausted. The hardest part of my job is having to release the worker back to work per medical guidelines via documentation rendered by the physician and the most enjoyable part of my job is feeling that I have resolved all issues for the injured worker and my employer.
Good company
Loan Officer (Former Employee), paAugust 20, 2014
The company is in flux in America. A lot of good people with no authority to make the smart decisions. Good to run lean and mean, but not cheap.
Branch Manager at Santander
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Melville, NYJuly 19, 2014
Pros: decent compensation, incentives
Cons: work/family balance non-existent in retail sector
Sanatander is working to gain the respect and trust of American
consumers, its spoken about daily. Innovative Ideas and an Innovative team works towards this goal daily. Santander will get there, but there's a lot of work ahead.
Great job culture
Lead reclaims automation (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJuly 2, 2014
Coworkers and management have a connection and the same view of success and improvements to the Santander Group.
Customer centric and employee oriented Bank.
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2014
Pros: flexible work environment and young leadership team.
Cons: low brand recognition in the market.
Great environment for self motivated and driven individuals. Well compensated for on target performance.
Don't work here
Management (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2014
Pros: when people quit or are let go they package the increased work for everyone else as a "promotion"
Cons: management is disorganized, short-sighted and does not hold itself accountable for poor planning
The bank is undergoing central bank audits that are not going well. As a result, they will have to increase capital. There has been a hiring freeze in credit for a year - meaning they don't actually plan to grow the total book. However, the mandate to all groups going in to 2013 was to grow aggressively, and the lenders' loan goals were doubled. The units with which I was associated exceeded their goals, and all the new loans were performing, with existing portfolio delinquencies being reduced dramatically. However, with the coming increase in capital requirements, all that loan growth is now a negative. Think about that- you are given goals, you exceed them, and then suddenly success becomes failure as far as the bank is concerned. This is being blamed on anyone associated with the loan growth, rather than on the people who calculated the reserves or directed the staff in the field to grow the book. Instead of saying "oops, we goofed by not reserving enough against still-NPL residential mortgages in Europe, and now we have to backtrack in the US," it's "why did you grow the book so fast in the US?" when the answer is "because that was what you directed."

The future reduction in lending will be spun as "being more conservative," but US past-dues were next to zero at year-end - it's a simple matter of not having the capital to lend, much in the way Spinal Tap's band manager explained "our appeal is becoming more selective."

I would not recommend this place to anyone.

The bank is also highly disorganized, and very penny-wise / pound-foolish. For example, the loan documents – more... are laser-pro and completed by very junior admin staff in Pennsylvania. This results in lower budgeted costs but ends up costing more money in workarounds, serial doc exceptions, errors in UCC filings and in lenders and team leaders having to QC the docs multiple times.

One positive is the environmental review department. Though understaffed they are very thorough and deliver reviews in a reasonable amount of time. – less
Expanding company where you can work your way up.
FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Saugus, MAMay 13, 2014
Called 10-30 clients daily.
Recommended different banking products to help them achieve goals. This included loans, retirement planning, business credit, etc.
Management structure is very hands on.
Good team atmosphere
The hardest part was having to against underwriters and regulations.
Overcoming objectives and developing personal relationships with clients.
Nice place to start a carrer
Collections agent (Former Employee), Reading, PAMay 12, 2014
Pros: nice office
Cons: management
A typical collections office just got to be ready to work
learn a lot
co workers very friendly
hardest part dealing with customers and how management wanted you to conduct the calls
Fun workplace
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Hato Rey, PRMay 8, 2014
Pros: amazing team
Cons: short breaks and long working hours
I never worked for an organization where this is so much Team work . The co workers are amazing and the Management is wonderful
not a gret company
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), NJApril 30, 2014
company cares nothing about the employees

day at work was stressfull

1 2 3 4