Grupo Santander Employee Reviews

Formal work place
Director (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRNovember 6, 2015
Formal work place with many opportunities to grow. Promotes geographic mobility. Strong management. Co-workers are collaborative. We job many hours a day but we learn a lot.
Not a long term career.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 4, 2015
It is a heavily sales driven environment. It is not a place I would consider for a long term opportunity. Not a very friendly management structure.
Growing company
Branch Manager, IV (Former Employee) –  Merrimack Valley, MASeptember 22, 2015
Great potential in acquisition and customer service priority.
Company needs to focus more on internal talent to be able to overcome challenges in the sales and customer service areas with customers.
Company has competitive products offered to the public that are both easy to use and sales drivers by providing benefits to both customers and company.
love to learn and work well with others
ccc rep (Current Employee) –  east providence riAugust 17, 2015
i love to be able to communicate customers and be able to help them with there problems. i also love to learn new things especially with my job. if i learn something new that will help me succeed at my job ad will help me do a better job then i will learn .
Good bank to work for
VP and Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 10, 2015
'Can do' mentality across the ranks. Benefits and great coworkers. Ability to voice opinions to senior management and not just to direct manager.
Pros
Supportive of work/life needs
Cons
Sales, sales, sales
Official Pymes
PYMES Officer (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJuly 3, 2015
Sales and customer service commercial portfolio
Comercial credit product
*Checking account
*Saving account
*Ira
*Point of Sales
*Overdrafts and delinquency
Pros
Free phone service, Supervisor
Cons
economic recession
Great work ethics
Part-time Teller (Former Employee) –  Westborough, MAJune 22, 2015
Team effort in full effect
Manager made sure staff was on task
Freedom to express and work related issues
Very Structured Organization
Productive workplace
Part Time Late Stage Collector (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJune 15, 2015
I enjoy working for the company...however I need a full time position with good benefits. The company is great and has room for advancement, but I've been there since January and haven't gotten a full time position as of yet
Enjoyable work enviroment because of co-workers
Teller (Current Employee) –  Kutztown, PAMay 31, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with. We are like a small family and help each other where needed. The hardest part of the job is being short handed and over worked, by the end of the day we are tired mentally and physically. I learned to work in a fast paced environment, be detail oriented, able to multitask and solve problems in a fast manor.
Pros
co-workers, free accounts, discount rates
Cons
Not enough employees, over worked, not appreciated
It was a very nice atmosphere, an Institution with lots of great benefits.
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 15, 2015
Ensure branch operations are successfully conducted in accordance with established policies, procedures. Seeking and encouraging continuous improvement opportunities with all sales and operations processes which includes the ordering of cash, balancing of all transactions throughout the day, out-of-balance problems, authorizing over/short adjustments and notifying the appropriate departments. Scheduling and conducting “surprise audits” as necessary to verify the accuracy of the vault cash, teller balances, etc. Producing required reports and records to ensure that branch operations are properly documented. Promoting bank's programs and encouraging new clients by actively participating in internal and external business development activities. Identifying the needs of current or potential customers to determine the best approach to present the bank’s products and services in order to maintain and/or generate new relationships.
Pros
Meeting new people day after day, you never know who you will run into.
Cons
Keeping a good and positive posture when dealing with difficult clients.
Excellent
AVP, Manager of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 7, 2015
Fast paced environment with exposure to a global workforce. As is typical in financial services, long hours were the rule, but the work was challenging.
Santander is an up and coming company.
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  East Providence, RIApril 14, 2015
Santander is a diversified company and is growing in the area.
When coming to work there is an atmosphere of family and business.
The managers at Santander help employees better their skills such as communications, customer relations and other skills to improve their job performance and to be able to move forward in the bank, with monthly and yearly reviews.
Santander does provide a gym in the building which helps for overall physical and mental alertness.
Great Place to Work but..
Sales Costumer Services (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoApril 7, 2015
We do not have the best resources for work. I like customer services and know all the products but is not worthy. I need new goals and encourage my productivity as well.
OK company
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2015
work life balance isnt there not that many job adavncment with the compant but i heard that alot things have changed since i worked for them i heard the company is better and actually a great place to work at
Prospect Checker
GE Account Manager (Former Employee) –  dfw airportMarch 20, 2015
A typical day at work is checking tickets baggage and making sure that everyone is safe. Making people smile and learning new things.
Pros
Working with diffrent cultures
Cons
Great work experience and learning place.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, San Juan, Puerto RicoMarch 2, 2015
The company Banco Santander of PR (Santander Bank) his a great enviroment work, you can learn many about finance, mortgage, insurance, credit card, loans all at the same company. In this place if your willing to escalate a higher position the Deparment of Human Resources is great to help you to do so. The company has an internal web page (for employee etc) where they post all jobs available if you want to change position or department. The management are proactive and must of my supervisor attend any need inside and even outside the work enviroment I can not complain about that. The insurace plan was good but the one we had before was better. Overall is a good company but my only complain was the salary.
Pros
Insurance Plan
Cons
Salary
Very Productive and time talking
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJanuary 19, 2015
The teller receives and pays out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution's various transactions. The teller meets the needs of customers by providing quality service.
I was a temporary employee for 2 1/2 years
Help Desk Analyst/Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2015
company was ok. i was stressful in the beginning.
no more comments.
Great work place with new renovations
Customer Service/ Collections (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJanuary 3, 2015
Great company and place to wok for good advancement opportunities and help with moving to new departments. Will learn how to be more respectful and empathic to others feelings when speaking with customers and interacting with them to get to know them better. Collections wasn't my strongest asset when starting here, but I have grown to learn the pros and cons of how to negotiate with people and get to know their circumstances to see how we can work with them on keeping their account in good standing.
bien es buena empres
encargado de proceso (Former Employee) –  bandera 206November 12, 2014
ambiente agradable. es buena empresa, solidad, buenos beneficios, infraestructura moderna

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grupo Santander. Our community is ready to answer.