Grupo Santander

Grupo Santander Employer Reviews

Productive place, You can learn and grow in a career
Teller (Former Employee), MEXICOJanuary 22, 2014
A regular day at work, serve customers, always smiling, train you every day with new rules on airline, fraud.

Learn about how to manage your money, labor relations, to meet people,
high stress company
Non-Compliance, Lead Purchasing Specialist (Current Employee), Wyomissing, PAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: hard to find any pros
Cons: high stress, lack of communication, lack of job security
Not a good comany for work life balance. Also will develop stress in the corporate environment. Lack of communication and no morale.
overseas
HR Analyst (Former Employee), Buenos Aires, BJanuary 4, 2014
the bank does not operates with same name - no comments at this moment - not relevant for this purpose.
My review
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Reading, PADecember 11, 2013
Pros: pay was good, benefits, experience, team building
Cons: distance, information availability
This Company was an amazing company to grow and learn with. I was introduced right at transition from Sovereign Bank to Santander Bank and it was very informative. Management that I was under was exceptional and the environment was friendly and full of life.
Workplace was very serious
Teller (Former Employee), Carlisle, PADecember 5, 2013
Pros: i like the pay, and the benefits make it a great job.
Cons: the work environment was horrible, and their sales goals were unreal.
My typical day at work consisted of me being one of two tellers. The other teller's window would be closed throughout the majority of the day leaving me (the newbie) with all the transactions. I made a lot of mistakes at first, but I learned to correct them.
Good working environment
Comercial Platform (Current Employee), Canóvanas Puerto RicoOctober 27, 2013
A day in my workplace is a challenge because we work with achievable goals and customer service is not easy to perform but I feel passionate about serving and do it with commitment and dedication. Serving is one of the tasks that I love and enjoy doing.
tons of micromanagement and wasted time
personal banker (Current Employee), staten island nyOctober 24, 2013
I spend entirely too much time preparing and reviewing reports, listening to conference calls, and accounting for every minute of my workday.
easy
Servicing manager (Current Employee), n. richland hills,txOctober 21, 2013
talk on phone all day, great co-workers.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Productive and nice place to work
PAYROLL OFFICER (Former Employee), Hato Rey, PRSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: health insurance, 401k
Cons: no parking for employees.
Check in kronos system employee attendance, prepare reports and payroll. I learned all concerning payroll cycle. Also work in the implementation of People Soft for Time and Attendance, Payroll and Human Reosurces Modules. Assisted to trainings in Chicago and Miami in People Soft and trained supervisors and employees in system usage.
Good environment and good place to work
Service Representative (Former Employee), San Juan, PRSeptember 6, 2013
Interact with the customers satisfying their banking needs.
New Business Promotor
New Business Promoter (Former Employee), San Juan, PRAugust 20, 2013
Pros: works directly with buyers and auto dealers.
Cons: low salary
Responsible for marketing sales of auto loans at different auto dealers
Advice clients on loans, registration and insurance
Maintained monthly and yearly sales statistics
Productive workplace
Vice President, Finance Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 12, 2013
Opportunities to work on a variety of projects
Opportunities to travel nationally and internationally
Overall a good company to work for
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Branch RetailAugust 6, 2013
Pros: opportunities to win rewards for service
Cons: working saturdays till 4pm!
A typical day starts with a Huddle, planning the day so everybody is aware of their objectives for the day and informing team of any new developments.

...and ends with a 'Cuddle' reviewing the day and achievements and learning from any issues.

Updating visual results

A min of 1 observation/ 1-2-1 meeting

An element of risk supervision

Leading by – more... example and manning branch from the banking hall (for at least an hour daily).

Keeping the queues and transactions short and every body is customer facing at peak times during the day, during that period

Being available to speak and/or serve customers and ensuring they have a good experience throughout the day.

At least a 15 minute lunch break before 11.30 a.m or after 2pm

Reviewing plan for the following day/week.

I learnt that being observant, planning and leading by example is key.

Consistent communication with management.

Being approachable to co-workers and building essential relationships.

Hardest part was when job was mostly sales focused.

Most enjoyable part is the success derived from Succession Planning and knowing that good service is appreaciated. – less
A few great people but the bad outweigh all of the good
Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 8, 2013
Cons: internal politics, no work/life balance
Extremely political environment where job security is not based on merit but who you know and which side you play on.
Has its highs and lows
Front end team leader (Current Employee), Centennial, COMay 20, 2013
Pros: long breaks and lunch area
Cons: location and dialer
Great place to work for a person with no family. I learned a bunch about myself as well as the job I do.
Banking
Banking Consultant (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMay 9, 2013
Interact as accounts sales representative through Oriental Direct Call Center.
Provide information about account available in order to complete the sale process.
Support customer services department answering and filtering calls of service to be transferred once the customer services representative is available to answer
Teller
Teller/Services Representative Official (Former Employee), Caguas, PRApril 11, 2013
Service Client, post transactions, work to a lot of money, attended clients
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
BE Collection (Former Employee), Centennial, COFebruary 17, 2013
Cons: time bathroom breaks, write ups for not making your numbers, no proper training, no room to advance, complete sweat shop, treated like "big brother" is watching you
This job was absolutely horrible, it is a 3rd party collection agency, there was a LOT of DIRTY politics, back stabbing by Management and Senior Management, I was part of a group that was transferred from Citifinancial, and Citi should be ashamed at themselves for letting such a degrading and unprofessional group take over their accounts, NO MORALS, – more... harrassing customers, set them up for failure on their loans...I had to leave because of the behavior this company demonstrated and expected us to do also...I was making great money from being transferred from Citi, and left to make half of what I was making in order to escape this place. I have emails from management asking me if I could find them prescription drugs in the office....SICKENING – less
Company is growing in US
Area Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: benefits salary
Cons: too retail
The company has become more retail in the US and less commercial
Dallas Corporate Marketing Department
Marketing Contributor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: if you're looking for a free ride and an easy paycheck this is the place
Cons: if you're looking to excel, grow and thrive in this environment, then you'll be sorely disappointed.
This crew is a joke. The VP of Marketing doesn't even know how to compute a percentage change from baseline to change. Considering that is middle school math and this guy's position is as high as it is with a large company it's sad.

This incompetency spreads throughout the organization and department heads are just as ignorant. Their style is to hire – more... vendors for everything because they don't know what to do and the vendors tell them how to do their jobs. I've never seen anything like this before.

The analyst will then tell the department heads how the vendors are doing and that is the only insight they have on how the company is performing. They typically lose about 100% of all $ invested in obtaining a return. – less