Grupo Santander

Grupo Santander Employer Reviews

Excellent workplace environment with excellent career opportunities and benefits.
AVP Corporate Communications (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 6, 2012
Pros: very good healthcare benefits
Santander is a great place to work. The wide range of backgrounds, the excellent management and training opportunities help you to establish an interesting and rewarding career. Each employee enjoys a competitive salary and participation in bonus , as well as benefits.

A typical day at work was to support high-level executives creating efficient working – more... environment. Receive, screen and handle all incoming media, public relations, and investor relations queries and requests both internally and externally. Coordinate conferences and roadshows.Organize agenda for top management. I enjoyed research using various multimedia databases, as well as the opportunity to build strong relationships with coworkers, media and clients. – less
Clusters of different industries
Intern (Former Employee), Madrid, MDSeptember 13, 2012
Collaborated and assisted Project Directors. Researched and identified acquisition / merger opportunities with an strategic view for
various number of companies.
Working with People
Personal Banking Representative, Sovereign (Current Employee), Wareham, MAAugust 13, 2012
During a typical day at Grupo Santander in the U.S., you get a great opportunity to work one on one with the general public and local community.
A place of constant complaining from both the customers & the employees
Skiptracer / Collector (Current Employee), Centennial COJuly 20, 2012
Pros: close to my home
Cons: bad work environment, no opportunity for advancement
A place of constant complaining from both the customers & the employees.
Good job
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 10, 2012
Pros: half days on some sat. and one through the week
Cons: timed bathroom breaks
contact customers to arrange and take payment on past due auto loans
An average place to work
Mass Affluent Segment Director (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 10, 2012
Pros: generous vacation policy
Cons: multiple layers of middle management, lack of empowerment
A fast paced environment that requires frequent changes of direction.
productive work place with great benifits
Customer service/Auto Collector (Former Employee), TexasJune 7, 2012
a typical day as work was a fast pace enviroment which i spoe with hostile customers. Had to collect on auto accounts which were thirty to ninety days pass due,was required to meet daily and monthly and weekly goals. The most enjoyable thing was the coworkers the managment and events at the job
Terrible attitude towards their employees.
Collections Agent (Former Employee), Cobalt BusinessJune 4, 2012
Pros: easy work, good pay.
Cons: terrible management leading to mistakes that cost, lack of care for their employees.
The general attitude of the management is poor. The training provided is incredibly helpful, I will admit, and only added to the IT skills I already possessed. The job itself would have been fairly straightforward if it weren't for the attitude of the company itself. I'm now paying them back for an overpayment they issued me, while I had taken leave – more... from work due to stress, anxiety and depression. They offered no support in repaying them, only interested in reclaiming the money they mistakenly paid into my account.

When I ended my employment with them, they again overpaid me and this time informed me I was entitled to the money they paid me. Later they told me otherwise.

Very poorly run company, it ruins any and all enjoyment you could get out of the job and now thanks to them I'm in debt and repaying money I should never have been told was mine. – less
Organized and productive
Intern (Former Employee), LondonJune 2, 2012
It was a short-term internship where I discovered I wanted to be part of a more dynamic and creative team. I most enjoyed working in the different languages I know and helping to translate documents and liaise with the Spanish team of Grupo Santander.
Great company.
Back-End Account Manager (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCMay 30, 2012
A typical day at work is focusing on providing excellent customer service. I have learned how to handling different situations dealing with customers and providing assistance. I truly enjoy working with my coworkers and management as they are knowledgeable and always willing to assist whenever possible. The teamwork exemplified is a great addition to – more... the atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is accepting that I am not able to help everyone regardless of how much I would like to. The job in itself is a great job and I truly enjoy the people I work with and the satisfaction I get with providing great customer service and being a driving force in assisting the compnay in revenue earnings. – less
Fast pace working environment never a dull moment
Collection and Customer Service (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 5, 2012
Pros: working environment, catered lunch, wonderful management
Cons: short breaks, and computer system was out dated.
I had the privlege of speaking to different people all over the United States. I enjoyed helping with payment arrangements, and easing the customers mind that everything with their vehicle was going to be ok.
Sales & close Mortgage loans.
Account Executive (Former Employee), PRMarch 18, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Analysis of customer’s credit scores and status for mortgage loans. Responsible for prepared documents for origination. Perform as a key liaison between customer and processing of closing department. Responsible for explain to customers the terms of the loan.
good place to work
Teller (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 12, 2012
customer service, every day we learn new things. to dealing with clients and their needs, helps them with their transactions, check cashing, deposits, etc.
Excellent employer with real opportunities for professional growth.
Preferred Banking Executive (Current Employee), San Patricio Tower, Guaynabo, Puerto RicoDecember 10, 2011
Santander is a prestigious bank where there are many opportunities for advancement. Santander Bank is constantly training employees, creating sales strategies workshops and professional development. I am very grateful for all the opportunities I've had. I grew professionally and gained experiences that will be useful for achieving my goals.
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Mansfield, ENGOctober 20, 2014
Pros: staff mortgage, product discounts, sharesave.
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work would be previewing appointments, interviewing customers to give information about suitable banking products and to find out if it would benefit them to see one of our specialists, for example mortgage advisers, protection advisers.
Phoning to invite customers in for reviews. Dealing with queries. Opening bank accounts, giving – more... house insurance quotes, previewing potential mortgage appointments, dealing with cash.
I have learned to offer the best customer service, to deepen our customer relationships. My co-workers are all part of our team and include cashiers, control managers, financial advisers, mortgage advisers.
The hardest part of my job is time management. The most enjoyable part of my job is making the customers happy and providing them with a good service. – less
Interesting and a fun place to work
PMO Analyst (Former Employee), LondonOctober 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Enjoyed every bit of my time with the company, I also made some good friends and learnt a lot of new things along the way.
Not enjoyable
Inbound customer service advisor (Former Employee), bradfordOctober 12, 2014
Crazy hours! Did not enjoy the job at all.
Managers were biased
systems were not reliable
Challenging and stretching role.
Security Analyst (Current Employee), Milton KeynesOctober 6, 2014
Pros: big company with so many different departments.
A typical day at work would require multi-tasking to hit several differing SLA's. Analyzing requests being presented to ensure that users are obtaining the right access.
Good Products, Secure job
Service & Control Manager (Current Employee), Harrogate, ENGOctober 5, 2014
Pros: no fees to pay on accounts
Cons: extra hours unpaid
typical day helping customers with the features of the accounts and products showing customers other ways to use there accounts
Productive, motivational workplace
Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee), Bournemouth, ENGSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great incentives for doing well
Cons: some weekend work
A great company to work for. Daily benefits and incentives and always feeling part of an importantant team.
Gerat colleagues, and team work second to none.