Grupo Santander

Grupo Santander Employer Reviews

A challenging place to work and learning the european financial system
Information Systems Management (Former Employee), São Paulo, SPAugust 21, 2012
Pros: reimbursement for taxi after working extra hours, payment for the meals, etc
Cons: delay to provide a team of software engineers to develop the program i had designed, old equipment.
Analysis of the credits in more than 300 branches, develop and build a information system to manage over 1,000 accounts daily without a proper team. I learned that European banks work differently than American banks. I also learned that old models of computers didn't have enough space to input the data entry of the accounts. It was very challenging. – more... My co-workers were very limited and I had to build my own team sending engineers resumes to my boss and HR. The hardest part of my job was to explain to my boss that I was not a software engineer to develop or write the computer language to a new system. I could draw how I wanted the information to be input but I had not knowledge to write a program in their system. The most enjoyable part of the job was to get off after extra hours worked (almost) daily. – less
Working with People
Personal Banking Representative, Sovereign (Current Employee), Wareham, MAAugust 13, 2012
During a typical day at Grupo Santander in the U.S., you get a great opportunity to work one on one with the general public and local community.
A place of constant complaining from both the customers & the employees
Skiptracer / Collector (Current Employee), Centennial COJuly 20, 2012
Pros: close to my home
Cons: bad work environment, no opportunity for advancement
A place of constant complaining from both the customers & the employees.
Good job
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 10, 2012
Pros: half days on some sat. and one through the week
Cons: timed bathroom breaks
contact customers to arrange and take payment on past due auto loans
An average place to work
Mass Affluent Segment Director (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 10, 2012
Pros: generous vacation policy
Cons: multiple layers of middle management, lack of empowerment
A fast paced environment that requires frequent changes of direction.
productive work place with great benifits
Customer service/Auto Collector (Former Employee), TexasJune 7, 2012
a typical day as work was a fast pace enviroment which i spoe with hostile customers. Had to collect on auto accounts which were thirty to ninety days pass due,was required to meet daily and monthly and weekly goals. The most enjoyable thing was the coworkers the managment and events at the job
Organized and productive
Intern (Former Employee), LondonJune 2, 2012
It was a short-term internship where I discovered I wanted to be part of a more dynamic and creative team. I most enjoyed working in the different languages I know and helping to translate documents and liaise with the Spanish team of Grupo Santander.
Great company.
Back-End Account Manager (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCMay 30, 2012
A typical day at work is focusing on providing excellent customer service. I have learned how to handling different situations dealing with customers and providing assistance. I truly enjoy working with my coworkers and management as they are knowledgeable and always willing to assist whenever possible. The teamwork exemplified is a great addition to – more... the atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is accepting that I am not able to help everyone regardless of how much I would like to. The job in itself is a great job and I truly enjoy the people I work with and the satisfaction I get with providing great customer service and being a driving force in assisting the compnay in revenue earnings. – less
Fast pace working environment never a dull moment
Collection and Customer Service (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 5, 2012
Pros: working environment, catered lunch, wonderful management
Cons: short breaks, and computer system was out dated.
I had the privlege of speaking to different people all over the United States. I enjoyed helping with payment arrangements, and easing the customers mind that everything with their vehicle was going to be ok.
Sales & close Mortgage loans.
Account Executive (Former Employee), PRMarch 18, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Analysis of customer’s credit scores and status for mortgage loans. Responsible for prepared documents for origination. Perform as a key liaison between customer and processing of closing department. Responsible for explain to customers the terms of the loan.
good place to work
Teller (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 12, 2012
customer service, every day we learn new things. to dealing with clients and their needs, helps them with their transactions, check cashing, deposits, etc.
Excellent employer with real opportunities for professional growth.
Preferred Banking Executive (Current Employee), San Patricio Tower, Guaynabo, Puerto RicoDecember 10, 2011
Santander is a prestigious bank where there are many opportunities for advancement. Santander Bank is constantly training employees, creating sales strategies workshops and professional development. I am very grateful for all the opportunities I've had. I grew professionally and gained experiences that will be useful for achieving my goals.
Challenging yet enjoyable
Personal Banking Advisor (Current Employee), Stirling, SCTJuly 10, 2014
A day as a Personal banker starts with a morning meeting with all advisers and management to discuss what the day ahead has in store and what targets need to be achieved and possible outcomes from appointments with customers. Each day is different as all customers are in for various reasons. This can prove to be difficult however building the right – more... rapport with customers helps identify their needs and what other areas we can help them with which they may not have been aware of. A massive benefit of the job is teamwork, as we wouldn't be able to achieve our quarterly targets if we didn't all work as a team. – less
Diverse and Lively
Santander Team Manager (Former Employee), Milton Keynes, ENGJune 26, 2014
Pros: staff restaraunt staff gym
Busy, good prospects to advance, caring, secure. I worked happily for this company for around 18 years.
Relaxed work place, rewarding experiences
Personal Banker (Current Employee), BradfordJune 25, 2014
Pros: subsidised products for staff.
Cons: few opportunities for advancement
A typical day at work for my self would start with me doing my ATM duties, taking yesterdays deposits out, clearing the balances, and checking the stationery. Once we open I then have a diary of appointments to see, usually 5 per day. The appointments can be for many different reasons, it could be existing customers who have had problems, or would like – more... a review of their accounts. Or it can be for new customers looking to join Santander. Whilst not seeing my appointments, it is my job to create appointments for the next week, and also help with queries from walk-ins.
I have learned many things at Santander, but the main one for myself is a basic one, just how to be a professional, how to give the best image of the company through my behaviour and choice of words. I have learned all about retail banking, the different products available, and how best to sell them to customers.
The management at Santander is a fairly relaxed one, we have targets, both individual and team, and if we are exceeding them, then the management just let you get on with it. However, if for what ever reason, you have had a bad day in terms of selling they do require an explanation, and what is being done to rectify it.
The relaxed management style rubs off on the employees, which means that generally everyone get's on, and their is a good rapport. If there is ever anytime that help is required, in terms of knowledge, or with dealing with a customer, then it is always available.
The hardest part of my job is seeing people who are struggling financially, and being unable to help. Santander is a business at the end of the day, and has to make a profit for their shareholders, this is sometimes at the detriment of the customers.
Without doubt the most enjoyable part of my job is building relationships with my customers. I now have many customers who request to see me, and I have done this by explaining how a Santander product can benefit them, and there have been many occasions, where I have helped customers increase their earnings, and save money in other ways. – less
Next to no opportunities to progress.
Personal Banker (Current Employee), West YorkshireJune 24, 2014
Next to no opportunities to progress.
Not bad to work for though.
flexable good pay
direct sales (Former Employee), ENGJune 2, 2014
your own boss . reach your targets then everyone is happy. must be a people person
Challenging workplace sorrounded of talented people
Developer in Quant Rates Madrid (Current Employee), MadridMay 24, 2014
A typical day will include solving some support issues and bug fixes with our libraries, working along trading desks in new trades or tools and developing new models or extending the current ones.

Surronded by experienced and talented colleagues I learned in both, modelling and programing, getting new skills in producing professional pieces of code.
Not good
Fraud Liaison Advisor (Current Employee), newcastleMay 22, 2014
Pros: leaving at the end of the day
Cons: long hours, boring
Not too bad however management very biased, ethics in the work place unfair.
Flexible working hours
Cashier (Current Employee), Newmarket, ENGMay 15, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
I work on an ad hoc basis so cannot provide a full reveiw. However the hours work great for me, co-workers and managers are friendly and helpful.